LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bambinos Mostly Hype?

wsdler

Has anyone else been really disappointed by Bambinos? I've never had much of an interest due to the prints but after the normal white/printless "Bianco" was introduced I decided to order some. Whenever I hear folks talk about Bambinos I always hear them doing so in terms of it being the thickest and most absorbent diaper ever. I can only say I can't disagree more. I believe that Abena's X-Plus (my normal night time diaper) is thicker than the Bambino and I also believe that It holds more as well. I usually drink 48 ounces of water before bed so I wet a lot at night. The Abena holds it ALL and then some. The Bambino however leaks. I'm just curious to know if there's anyone else who feels that these diapers don't really live up to their hype? Ultimately it's not a big deal, there are choices. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in them based upon the overwhelming positive reviews I've read touting that as the "thickets" and "most absorbent" diapers made. To be fair, they are without a doubt the highest quality diaper I've ever worn in terms of build. The tape system is bullet proof and the diaper can hold up to many many hours of wearing without falling apart but for me... I'll be going back to Molicare Super Plus and Abena X-Plus for my night diapers.

I really only tried the 2 pack sample. I thought they could hold quite a bit, and I understand they are even improved from what I had. I still however continue to wear Molicares. The Fit of the Bambino's wasn't to my liking, but that's just a personal thing. As I wear 24/7 it's not something I would want to explain to the hospital staff if I ever had to go there in a emergency. I think they held at least as much as Molicare and XPlus (Which I didn't like the fit either). It may just be the way you wet at night, or maybe not.

There is a great market for them, I for one am glad they are available, and Yes I would buy them again..but just for fun times not as my regular. That's my take.

I have never bought the bambinos even though just about every other abdl has. I refuse to wear any diaper without 3 tapes per side. Ive tried every diaper out there except bambinos and I just dont feel secure with 2 tapes per side because if one lets loose for any reason, the diaper is coming off. Plus the bambinos are very expensive at that. I think they are meant for abdl's wearing sometimes and not incontinent folks. I personally wear the Attends 10 with a booster and thats my main diaper for both day and night. My second choice would be depends only because they are the only other diaper with 3 tapes. Ive tried the secure plus diapers and I believe the bambinos are the same just with the prints so I didnt think id be missing much and apparently im not.

Has anyone else been really disappointed by Bambinos? I've never had much of an interest due to the prints but after the normal white/printless "Bianco" was introduced I decided to order some. Whenever I hear folks talk about Bambinos I always hear them doing so in terms of it being the thickest and most absorbent diaper ever. I can only say I can't disagree more. I believe that Abena's X-Plus (my normal night time diaper) is thicker than the Bambino and I also believe that It holds more as well. I usually drink 48 ounces of water before bed so I wet a lot at night. The Abena holds it ALL and then some. The Bambino however leaks. I'm just curious to know if there's anyone else who feels that these diapers don't really live up to their hype? Ultimately it's not a big deal, there are choices. I guess I'm a bit disappointed in them based upon the overwhelming positive reviews I've read touting that as the "thickets" and "most absorbent" diapers made. To be fair, they are without a doubt the highest quality diaper I've ever worn in terms of build. The tape system is bullet proof and the diaper can hold up to many many hours of wearing without falling apart but for me... I'll be going back to Molicare Super Plus and Abena X-Plus for my night diapers.

Bambino diapers are by in large being marketed to AB's until Bianco came out. They are a good diaper and feel good. Other diapers work better for holding stuff. I have not hada problem with Bambino's leaking. they have great leg gaurds etc. If your interest is the diaper that holds the most, then go to Abena x plus.

I have heard that AB Universe may soon come out with the thickest diaper produced soon. Watch for that.

I posted a review a few weeks ago with similar thoughts, but it has yet to show up.

Even though i'm a DL, I really want a more baby like diaper but the original Bambino just doesn't do it for me (I like the print on the ABU, but refuse to use paypal :().

My previous favorite was the Attends 10 w/waistband until they got sold to PaperPak (never was the same again), so that is what I compare everything to.

The things I don't like about the plain bambino are:

*) the blue waist bands (it's simple I know, but how about a true plain white diaper?)

*) The smell. While arguably better than most adult diapers, I get a wood pulp type smell that just doesn't seem right to me.

*) The clear plastic panel is nice in regards to adjustments, but I never found I needed to adjust Attends or Depends once they were on. And the thinkness/stiffness of it is uncomfortable at times (digs into my hip joints when i'm sitting).

*) The plastic backing is also thicker than i'm used to and doesn't "feel" right to me.

*) Not a fan of the two tape design.

*) I know it seems odd, but holds way too much. I like to sit around in a wet diaper for a bit, but i'm not an all day kinda guy. It holds so much that I feel like i'm wasting it when I do change.

The things I like:

*) Seems to be the most of best of both worlds of what I like about Attends and Depends (thick, mostly white, inner leg barriers).

*) Lack of wetness indicators. I understand they are there for those that can't otherwise tell, but they always just seem demeaning in a way.

*) Two tape issues aside, they are by far the best fitting I have worn.

*) I have yet to have a leak sitting or standing and it is the only diaper i've worn where i'm comfortable flooding a dry diaper while sitting.

All in all, I haven't made up my mind if i'll order more when this case runs out or not. They are pretty good in general, but not exactly what i'm looking for given the price tag.

-d

well i can't say much for abena i havn't worn one of them in months but i had a molicare on last night and a bianco before that as well as now and i think that they are much more absorbent then molicares it only took me two wettings to fill the molicare i can usely get three or four in a bianco or bambino

That's one hell of a two wiz's.. I can go 6 or more in a molicare..but what the heck..everybody is different. Not here to argue over which is the best, but I can go the same in all the above. That's like saying Attends with a booster is the best Diaper, not really talking apples and apples are we? And just while I am here...Attends didn't make a "10" Until PaperPak had them. And if I gotta be picky B):P If you got a two (really) four tape diaper and one tape comes loose..it's not coming off. Cause there is still one tape holding it! (really three) (Damn Engineering degree!) Besides the tape shouldn't be coming off! :rolleyes: Sorry didn't mean to offend I was just picking!

I posted a review a few weeks ago with similar thoughts, but it has yet to show up.

Even though i'm a DL, I really want a more baby like diaper but the original Bambino just doesn't do it for me (I like the print on the ABU, but refuse to use paypal :().

(snip)

I also refuse to use paypal...I filled out the order form, went through the ordering process, and at the end told them I'd send them a check/money order.

I mailed the money order a few days later, and got my bambino bianco, though it took a week or two, they didn't realize my private mailbox takes any carrier, including UPS and the post office...I'm still waiting for the right occasion to use the second half of the sample.

Dill Pickle.

I wasn't that impressed with Bambino's the idea was neat, being that it was a diaper made for AB/DL, but I felt that the padding felt too much like "padding" instead of the nice gooshy gel feeling that I know and love.

They're cute, but it is correct, they are not the greatest "functional" diaper around. As a matter of fact, they are pretty low on my list these days compared to the offerings from Abena, Tena, Molicare, Tranquility, etc..

Well, I tried out the Bambino Bianco today and I'm impressed. The Abena X-Plus makes me itch quite a bit around the waist and I don't have that problem with the Bambino. The absorbency rate is about the same for both types. The Abena X-Plus seems to control the urine odor better than the Bambino, but if I'm in bed, I don't have to worry about the odor issue. It's only when I'm in public that I concern myself with the odor issue.

I have been very pleased with the quality of the Bambino Bianco diapers. I wear 24/7 and they fit me very well and I have only had a couple of leaking incidents due to my own fault. I usually go through 2 or 3 diapers in a 24 hour period. More if I have a #2 accident but that isn't very often. I was very elated to find out that I could purchase a plain white diaper. They are my favorite.

Now compared to the X plus... The x plus does hold more, but only marginally more in my experience. I have big issues with the taping system on the X plus. I always have to use packing tape to keep everything snug the way I like it. That becomes a big hassle. That and they don't re fasten very well.

I suppose there are those who like em, those who love em, and those not so much. I am just happy they are white. :)

~Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly hype, I agree, but they aren't totally bad. I've gone though 2 cases (1 case with the blanco and 1 with the classico). And I've had SOMETHING wrong with about 5 diapers per case no matter what. In the first case, they didn't finish the plastic backing layer so it was EXTREMELY soft to thouch and I LOVED it until it leaked though the plastic. Then on the blancos, I got some in the case with only 3 tapes total, 2 on one side and only a bottom tape on the other. (nothing some tape and superglue can't handle).

They do hold a little less than the abenas and the key thing about them is that they don't clump up AS easily when marginally wet with sweat. And I've noticed that if I'm laying down, and the bambino is wet, it will usually leak out of the back of the diaper at the top, which i've never had happen with the x-plus.

I dont' think I'm going to order any more bambinos for the time being until something new comes out for me to try. I wonder if they will ever start making pacifiers...

For me the Bambinos have been an excellent fit.

The have a nicer feel than Molicares (I've never tried Abena, or secure) and the price seemed pretty reasonable.

I've never leaked through a Bambino (close calls, but never any leaks). I currently have the Crazy Bambinos, which I bought on a good discount. I used them last week for my flight to Spokane, and it was fine. I was careful not to do a full blown wetting, and peed in the diaper about once an hour. It held great, and was still very comfortable at the end of the day.

I also have the added advantage of living in the Bay Area. Since Bambinos are based in Redwood City, they usually come in a couple of days, as opposed to a week or more for other suppliers.

For me, Bambino's are NOT hype. I love 'em and think they are the best diaper out there. I like the Classico's better than the Bianco's for some reason, but perhaps that's cause I was raised in printed diapers and am an AB. They seem to have a smoother plastic.

For me the Bambino's are almost as absorbent as the Abena's, far more comfortable, with better tapes, and a plastic re-fastenable landing zone. They have a waistband as well. All that, coupled with outstanding and reliable service makes Bambino's the best diaper on the market in my book.

Bambinos are awesome, people like different things in different diapers, but every AB I've talked to loves the Bambinos. I like them, but not as much as a benas just bevause i love the cloth feel but maybe the medium bambinos would fit me better, i wear medium abenas...

I don't think they are all hype. They are a genuinely excellent diaper. I've worn Abena X-Plus and Bambinos and feel both are great diapers. Having said that, I usually use either a really cheap Walgreens/CVS diaper for the sheer chance to wear without fear of detection or Tranquility ATN for a compromise between discrete and absorbent.

I would not wear either an Abena or a Bambino under my clothes in public because they are so thick on my frame. An extra inch makes a big difference to some people.

Other than that, I would have no fear of either leaking for at least 3-4 heavy wettings and probably as many hours. Your mileage may vary, etc.

yeah, i'm quite satisfied with these. they are slightly thinner than the x-plus but i've never really noticed a difference in absorbency. they're quite comfortable, crinkly, and their tapes work all the time. purchasing these was well worth the money.

i've only just recently got enough courage to buy diapers for myself. it is a risky business when you are living with roommates. in any case, after all that i heard about abena x-plus..i chose them as my first purchase. they aren't too bad, but slightly disappointed. as someone mentioned before, the tapes aren't very stable and there are only 2 on each side, i already experienced them breaking off on me. i was under the impression that these diapers were supposed to be the closest think to baby diapers, but they don't really feel that way to me. is there a brand thats more accurate to a huggies feel in every department? i would imagine thats what most of us would be after. so does anyone have a suggestion? keeping in mind i am not interested in bambinos or bianco.

you know, I read alot and reply very little anymore. You are missing the point, a diaper just for us! that deserves some hype. so what if they don't hold 4 gallons, but who cares, they hold a hell of a lot though. Lets not forget that there is company out there willing to cater just to us. I love them. For me I like plastic, and that seems to be on the way out. Thats what I mean by catering to us. No other makers are going to do that because they probably don't see us as legit. So before you criticize too much just remember that.

you know, I read alot and reply very little anymore. You are missing the point, a diaper just for us! that deserves some hype. so what if they don't hold 4 gallons, but who cares, they hold a hell of a lot though. Lets not forget that there is company out there willing to cater just to us. I love them. For me I like plastic, and that seems to be on the way out. Thats what I mean by catering to us. No other makers are going to do that because they probably don't see us as legit. So before you criticize too much just remember that.

I'm criticizing the hype... as for the diaper (after doing some more research) it doesn't seem to be anything more than a Secure X-Plus with a waist band. I'm not into the AB thing so I wasn't interested in buying any however I had heard a lot of folks saying that they were thicker and more absorbent than the Abena X-Plus. This set high expectations. When the Bianco became available (without the nursery prints) I ordered a case. For me they didn't live up to the hype. I was expecting to get something thicker, and something that would hold more than the Abena X-Plus and Molicare Super Plus but it does neither. As for plastic diapers... still plenty of those around. Molicare, Abena, Attends, Tranquility, Mega Careline, Secure, etc. so there certainly doesn't seem to be any shortage. Personally I don't mind cloth all that much either. The Tena Super is a pretty good diaper. I'm concerned with performance and comfort, not aesthetics.