LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

There is a frequent poster to some of the catheter groups on FL who can provide a detailed explanation. I don't know the proper etiquette so I won't post a direct link or any usernames.

Regardless, the short answer is apparently it takes "months" using progressively larger foley catheters on a full-time basis. And once the "end point" is reached you will likely need to continue cathing regularly in order to maintain the results. Although it seems that injuries to the (sphincter) muscles would result leakage, apparently it is the opposite-- such damage can cause scar tissue which obstructs flow. The poster (on FL) is very knowledgeable and strongly advises for "slow and steady" using safe/ best practices for long-term cathing.

If you have any trouble finding info you are welcome to PM me and I will point you in the right direction. To be clear, I have not (yet) tried the technique but am also interested in the subject. Some time (15 yrs +) ago, I experimented with foley catheters, keeping them in for up to a week at a time on occasion. That duration & frequency of usage did not cause incontinence, but certainly gave me an appreciation for the commitment required to go "all the way" (and enough for me to decide that I wasn't ready for it.)

3 hours ago, pigletno said:

There is a frequent poster to some of the catheter groups on FL who can provide a detailed explanation. I don't know the proper etiquette so I won't post a direct link or any usernames.

Regardless, the short answer is apparently it takes "months" using progressively larger foley catheters on a full-time basis. And once the "end point" is reached you will likely need to continue cathing regularly in order to maintain the results. Although it seems that injuries to the (sphincter) muscles would result leakage, apparently it is the opposite-- such damage can cause scar tissue which obstructs flow. The poster (on FL) is very knowledgeable and strongly advises for "slow and steady" using safe/ best practices for long-term cathing.

If you have any trouble finding info you are welcome to PM me and I will point you in the right direction. To be clear, I have not (yet) tried the technique but am also interested in the subject. Some time (15 yrs +) ago, I experimented with foley catheters, keeping them in for up to a week at a time on occasion. That duration & frequency of usage did not cause incontinence, but certainly gave me an appreciation for the commitment required to go "all the way" (and enough for me to decide that I wasn't ready for it.)

I read that article and it made a lot of sense. My self I can wear an 18fr for an extended period. A 22fr will fit but I can only wear a few hours and can not move about freely without a little discomfort. My goal is to get to a 30fr or 10 mm for an extended period. From my understanding I will lose continence for a period of time afterwards but it is only temporary. My goal is to get a week of lost control with nothing in. Is that wrong to want that? 

There is nothing "wrong" with having a desire! It's what you do with/ about it that matters.

The Golden Rule(s) in the BDSM world generally follow "Safe, Sane & Consensual" / Risk-Aware practices. When it comes to Incontinence Desires it tends to be latter (Risk-Aware). Achieving incontinence is potentially a permanent body modification with significant consequences for yourself and others.

Most importantly is to Do No Harm, such as causing yourself serious health problems to the bladder or kidneys. Use safe practices when cathing and if you don't know what they are seek out information and learn the details and why they are so important.

A second aspect-- and one which is hotly debated on this forum-- is one of social responsibility. For starters that means not involving people in your kink without their consent; keep your diapers to yourself or others who wish to participate and don't take advantage of health care professionals.  Of course you may end up with an emergency situation which requires a trip to the hospital but it will be so much better for everybody involved if you will make every reasonable effort to avoid it through becoming educated and using best practices etc.

All of the above is pretty black & white reasoning and should stir relatively little controversy.  Now we get to the good part-- I mean, who would do this? Do you actually realize what you are getting in to? Those are actually trick questions which may result in another 55 pages of thread discussion/ debate and still never reach any firm conclusions.  The reality is that there are aspects of being incontinent which push the big buttons of desire deep within some us. Expect me to explain it? Hell no I can't and hardly understand it myself when I wake up surprised to find myself in a wet diaper or leak uncontrollably-- and unexpectedly-- during the day. Although these are extremely rare experiences which I'm not actively seeking or intentionally causing but when they do happen I REALLY LIKE IT!

But I'm at a loss to explain and justify it to others. I'm convinced that the answer(s) lie somewhere in the alphabet soup between ABDL, BDSM, and BIID. I don't want to make this post too lengthy, so I'll just leave that there for now. Hopefully, @pantyman and others, sharing these thoughts has been helpful to you.  Stay Safe!

15 hours ago, pigletno said:

There is nothing "wrong" with having a desire! It's what you do with/ about it that matters.

The Golden Rule(s) in the BDSM world generally follow "Safe, Sane & Consensual" / Risk-Aware practices. When it comes to Incontinence Desires it tends to be latter (Risk-Aware). Achieving incontinence is potentially a permanent body modification with significant consequences for yourself and others.

Most importantly is to Do No Harm, such as causing yourself serious health problems to the bladder or kidneys. Use safe practices when cathing and if you don't know what they are seek out information and learn the details and why they are so important.

A second aspect-- and one which is hotly debated on this forum-- is one of social responsibility. For starters that means not involving people in your kink without their consent; keep your diapers to yourself or others who wish to participate and don't take advantage of health care professionals.  Of course you may end up with an emergency situation which requires a trip to the hospital but it will be so much better for everybody involved if you will make every reasonable effort to avoid it through becoming educated and using best practices etc.

All of the above is pretty black & white reasoning and should stir relatively little controversy.  Now we get to the good part-- I mean, who would do this? Do you actually realize what you are getting in to? Those are actually trick questions which may result in another 55 pages of thread discussion/ debate and still never reach any firm conclusions.  The reality is that there are aspects of being incontinent which push the big buttons of desire deep within some us. Expect me to explain it? Hell no I can't and hardly understand it myself when I wake up surprised to find myself in a wet diaper or leak uncontrollably-- and unexpectedly-- during the day. Although these are extremely rare experiences which I'm not actively seeking or intentionally causing but when they do happen I REALLY LIKE IT!

But I'm at a loss to explain and justify it to others. I'm convinced that the answer(s) lie somewhere in the alphabet soup between ABDL, BDSM, and BIID. I don't want to make this post too lengthy, so I'll just leave that there for now. Hopefully, @pantyman and others, sharing these thoughts has been helpful to you.  Stay Safe!

Pretty well said actually. We may discuss this for the next 20 years and get nowhere, but at least we're having the discussion. There may not actually be a concrete answer actually.

• 1 month later...

I started wearing diapers over 40 years.  I'm a DL, but always wanted to have the true experience of being incontinent.  An indwelling catheter is the closes to being incontinent.  I've never been so happy.  In theory you are completely incontinent because you have no control.  5 years without a UTI and loving life everyday.

• Like 2

So do I, I do not use catheters but make my own stents with the same result I might say. I have been doing this since 2006 and never had a UTI (knock on wood). I love the feeling of having no control over my bladder. 

It's a great feeling and for me a lifetime commitment. I can't see myself going back.  My mind and body feel I should've been born incontinent. I think that is why I started wearing diapers at a very young age.  

On 4/8/2023 at 7:46 AM, Fakename4me said:

When you put a catheter in, you leak from the catheter immediately.  But I don't think that is what your question.

It has pretty much been shown that it really doesn't matter how long you have a catheter in (within reason).  When the catheter is removed, bladder function returns within hours or at the most days.

Has anyone here used catheters exclusively for a year or more?  If so, what happens when you stop using catheters? 

I have and it didn't cause incontinence.  In fact I've been using for 5 years.  I assume at some point the sphincter can atrophy.

• 2 weeks later...

My first post to this thread, I’ve been following it with great interest. Just put my first holey Foley in. Had some dribbling before I put my diaper on. So far everything feels okay. I’ll check my diaper after a couple hours and see if it still alright. I’ll try and remember to keep you updated. 

update: took it out after 2 hours, seemed to be working fine, but I wasn’t getting the feeling of urine dribbling out of my penis. It was coming out, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Might have been going through the Foley more than out the hole.I’ll need to plug the Foley better next time. 

On 6/7/2023 at 12:45 AM, Busterpup said:

update: took it out after 2 hours, seemed to be working fine, but I wasn’t getting the feeling of urine dribbling out of my penis. It was coming out, but I just wasn’t feeling it. Might have been going through the Foley more than out the hole.I’ll need to plug the Foley better next time.

You sure need a plug or small clamp. Even then you may not feel much.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been awhile since I have done this.  And the expected results were achieved.  Last night I woke up about 2:45 AM to soaked diapers (Two cloth adult diapers, one thick cloth booster and at least two cloth baby diapers for boosters) and a wet bed pad.  I cleaned up and changed into fresh cloth diapers and then rinsed out the funky diapers and things in the tub.

All went into the wash this morning. 

I am relaxed.  :P

Fakename4me;  Holly Smokes, did you try to wet the bed? When I use a stent I taper the fluid intake several hours before bed. Otherwise I end up doing the same. In fact this happen to me a while back, woke up to a totally soaked bed. Only issue was my dear wife was in the same bed. She knows I wear but not about catheter and stent use. I changed my soaked diaper downing a fresh and placed bath towels on the wet bed. In the morning I announced we needed to order a new mattress due to the age if the existing. Now a days if I sleep with a stent in place I use a cloth bed pad with a WP backing. Mattress are expensive these days. 

@Loveable_guy  No I did not!  *sniff* :glare: And taper the fluid BACK?  Nope!  After all, I am using a catheter in an unconventional manner.  The more fluids, the better!  :lol:

My wife shares the same bad as I also.  Sometimes she sleeps through my escapades and other times she does not.  I try not to wake her.

On 6/6/2023 at 10:45 AM, Busterpup said:

Yes, you need to plug the funnel end of the catheter to force the fluid to come out the hole you made in the catheter.

I have one Foley I modified by cutting the funnel off.  (Less to flop around and get in the way.) I then inserted a small solid bead into the hole I made in the Foley and forced it down barely below the hole opening.  All the fluid goes out the hole I made instead of down the inside of the catheter.   All cautions apply.  Do not do this at home.  It could potentially cause a UTI.  Use at your own risk.

I am real close to trying a stent.  Not quite, but close.  Of course at one time I was aghast about using a Foley.  :lol:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fakename4me said:

I am real close to trying a stent.  Not quite, but close.  Of course at one time I was aghast about using a Foley.  :lol:

Using a stent is the next step in all this. In my opinion a stent is far superior to any catheter.  Consider making your first stent using a catheter cut at 5.5". Just remember the retrieval line and an O-Ring that will not slip inside. 

• Like 1