LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Windows Or Apple

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

For all my sins i'm using Vista (thats what the laptop came with i didn't fork out for it on its own!!)

Although i'm kinda glad I didn't get a mac, some people are having trouble using them at uni, with some of the software.... lucky guess for me i suppose!

And for anyone who cares, yes it is buggy and yes it does crash twice a week at least.... but it looks sooo pretty!!

Giggle

Lucy

Two (soon to be three) of my machines run Ubuntu. My desktop runs only Ubuntu. My current laptop dual-boots with Windows 2000, another laptop that I'll soon be getting dual-boots with Windows XP. I'm running under Linux about 90% of the time.

I've also got an older Power Mac running OSX. I use it as a local fileserver.

I use a toshiba with OS X...

It works amazingly well. My new computer will be a true macbook though. OS X looks pretty but it has some serious bite to it.

Windows Vista = complete crap.

I run windows on my Servers (Windows Enterprise Server 2003), laptop (Windows XP), and desktops (Windows XP), , and my Game Monster (Windows XP), . I run Windows Media Center ( On Windows XP), on the computer hooked to my home entertainment center.

It helps if you get all Microsoft Products for free. not hacked versions, real Microsoft certified software.

I'm a proud Vista user, haven't had any problems, and LOVE the video desktop backgrounds you get with Vista Ultimate!

My main rig is an upgraded HP with a Quad-Core 2.4 processor, 4Gigs Ram, 640MB hard drives, with 1.5TB added between the two docks, 512MB video card (want to upgrade that again soon.)

Curious about Mac these days, but haven't been willing to pay their insane prices for a mac desktop or laptop.

I run OS X 10.5 on my 17" Macbook Pro , and 2 Mac mini - I have a few servers that run ubuntu and a desktop pc also that runs kbuntu.

Now as far as ram goes all systems have a min. of 2GB of ram some have more. And for disk space I changed out the hard drive on my macbook pro to a 250GB. On of my mac mini has a 500GB mac stack firewire case and a raid box with 2TB of space. On on of my linux boxs I have 1.7TB of space on it too.

I'm a proud Vista user, haven't had any problems, and LOVE the video desktop backgrounds you get with Vista Ultimate!

My main rig is an upgraded HP with a Quad-Core 2.4 processor, 4Gigs Ram, 640MB hard drives, with 1.5TB added between the two docks, 512MB video card (want to upgrade that again soon.)

Curious about Mac these days, but haven't been willing to pay their insane prices for a mac desktop or laptop.

Now THAT is hardware. Assuming you don't, you could probably run this whole site just off of that one computer as a server without so much as a hiccup assuming your internet connection could handle the traffic.

Anyway, I personally use Vista for everything now since it's just quicker to get to the desktop from power-on. But I do have linux (fedora core) on an external portable harddrive which I power-on occasionally just to mess around in there. The main reason I use vista is for the DX10 since I have the 8800gts I can run the dx10 games that are out now like crysis and the 1...maybe 2 demos from nvidia that uses directx 10. I'm just waiting for more to come. And yea, vista is a LOT more buggy than XP is, but on a fair note, vista is still in it's infancy.

XP on my laptop (my baby) and that cow of a PC I have thats 8 years old has Windows 98 *makes a face* but it serves its purpose as the backup computer (aka when things go wrong) lol. I'm so scared of vista...I've heard so many people complaining about it. Knowing my luck I'd mess up somehow.

There can only be one - system, at least for me ;)

Apple iMac 24", 2,16GHz, 2GB Ram, 1TB Hard drive (500 internal, 500 external on FW800), OS X 10.5.1 (Leopard).

I don't want to bother with windows, and especially not vista, ever again.

(been there, done that and got a very lousy t-shirt)

I've got running:

Windows XP Pro running on my laptop and workstation

Windows 2000 Pro on my old game server

Windows 98SE on my old K6-3 system

Windows 95 OSR2.0 on my 486 (yes, it still runs)

Mac OS 9.2.2 & 10.4.8 on my old PowerMac G4

No linux yet, but have been leaning towards SuSe the past few years :P

I did have Vista running on my main PC but changed back to Xp.

XP on my laptop

Server 2003 for my update server and soon I will create a domain.

XP for my media server.

And will have a mail server up and running sometime.

If I get a chance I will try and have a web server up and running as well. (A bit to learn)

• 1 month later...

Hey their i was just wondering what people are using for a operating system. i run a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram with a

120GB Hard drive with a external 500Gb Hard Drive for Time Machine which is part of Leopard. So just wondering what people use apples or windows

So i finally got my new iMac 24" 2.8 GHZ 500Gb Hard drive with 2Gb of RAM i love it so much im going to max it out to 4Gb of Ram though Hells YA.i just didnt want to have a Mac Pro tower

I have never touched a Mac. I hear that the MAC is more user friendly.

The free market gave us wind-blows. Perhaps it is like the old video-tape wars. Everyone wanted VHS but the Sony Beta format was far superior.

Hey their i was just wondering what people are using for a operating system. i run a Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram with a

120GB Hard drive with a external 500Gb Hard Drive for Time Machine which is part of Leopard. So just wondering what people use apples or windows