LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Trialling full time in terry

Ever since I went full-time into nappies I've been wearing terry nappies at night.  I use 4ft terry squares, folded in the Chines fold, with an additional cloth soaker pad.  This gives a big absorbent wodge of nappy between my legs, and it will easily last the night without leaking.

I've always assumed this sort of set-up wouldn't really be practical for daytime wear.  I can't get my knees together, and have to walk with a bit of a waddle.  The nappy feels very bulky when I'm wearing it, so I've always assumed it would look pretty bulky from the outside too.  But I like wearing terry nappies - that's what I was in when I was a real baby.  So a couple of weeks ago I thought perhaps I'd give it a try for daytime wear.  And guess what - they don't appear to be any more noticeable than the padded velcro nappies I was normally wearing during the day.  I added a second soaker, which means I can usually get through the day until bedtime.  They feel good, they're comfortable, they're babyish.  I can only change into a terry nappy lying down, which means I can't change in most public toilets, but then I rarely do that anyway.

So far I've been out and about walking the dog, doing the weekly shop, staying overnight in a hotel, attending an ABDL event last weekend, and in about an hour I'm off to my local hospital for a blood test.  All this in a big terry nappy with a bit of a waddle, feeling little and feeling good.  And nobody's going to notice.  I've usually been carrying a couple of spare nappy pins and a Snappi just in case of catastrophic failure, but it's not happened yet (touch wood!).

In a few weeks I'll be changing out of dungarees and into shorts for the summer months.  I doubt I can get away with my terry nappies under shorts, but I'll give it a try anyway.  Mummy will soon tell me if they're too obvious!

• Like 5

I sew a terrycloth liner into a diaper flannel flat. Then I use Zorb booster pads on top of that.

• Like 3

Very interesting, @Stroller - congrats on your new discovery. Wearing cloth nappies out and about is something I have not done yet - not pre-folds or velcro ones, with the exception of taking the dog out later in the evening under the cover of darkness. I mostly wear disposables, but I would like to maybe put some more cloth into the mix, because of the economics and their superior resistance to leaks. Plus, there is just something about how they feel. One thing I have to get past, though, which I know is no issue for you: I wear disposables of all descriptions and sizes in front of my wife all the time, and I think nothing of it, but I get self-conscious when I'm in a cloth diaper and plastic pants, even just plain white plastic pants, let alone the printed ones. I don't know why this is the case for me, but wearing cloth around her takes me back to the dawn of my 24/7 "career", when I used to be very aware of my nappies, and I was hyperaware of her every glance if I only had a nappy on. 

• Like 3

Diaper during the day is not high in my list of kinks.  Humiliation for wetting is.  Anyway, more than once as “punishment” for wetting the bed wife has “made” me wear a wet cloth night diaper in public under jeans.  Pretty sure nobody noticed while teaching me a lesson I’ll never forget.🙂

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Stroller said:

Ever since I went full-time into nappies I've been wearing terry nappies at night.  I use 4ft terry squares, folded in the Chines fold, with an additional cloth soaker pad.  This gives a big absorbent wodge of nappy between my legs, and it will easily last the night without leaking.

I've always assumed this sort of set-up wouldn't really be practical for daytime wear.  I can't get my knees together, and have to walk with a bit of a waddle.  The nappy feels very bulky when I'm wearing it, so I've always assumed it would look pretty bulky from the outside too.  But I like wearing terry nappies - that's what I was in when I was a real baby.  So a couple of weeks ago I thought perhaps I'd give it a try for daytime wear.  And guess what - they don't appear to be any more noticeable than the padded velcro nappies I was normally wearing during the day.  I added a second soaker, which means I can usually get through the day until bedtime.  They feel good, they're comfortable, they're babyish.  I can only change into a terry nappy lying down, which means I can't change in most public toilets, but then I rarely do that anyway.

So far I've been out and about walking the dog, doing the weekly shop, staying overnight in a hotel, attending an ABDL event last weekend, and in about an hour I'm off to my local hospital for a blood test.  All this in a big terry nappy with a bit of a waddle, feeling little and feeling good.  And nobody's going to notice.  I've usually been carrying a couple of spare nappy pins and a Snappi just in case of catastrophic failure, but it's not happened yet (touch wood!).

In a few weeks I'll be changing out of dungarees and into shorts for the summer months.  I doubt I can get away with my terry nappies under shorts, but I'll give it a try anyway.  Mummy will soon tell me if they're too obvious!

That's so awesome. Congrats on discovering cloth diapers. That's why I am so comfortable in waddling in my diaper and having bulky diaper on me

• Like 1

I'm very fond of my folded and pinned terry square nappies but I'm a bit cautious with them during the day.  If I'm just out shopping or whatever, I don't mind so much.  I just make sure I'm in loose, dark clothing and always have compression pants over them (to help keep them up as well as provide a bit of visual stealth).

I've never even considered attempting changing them outside the house.  As you say, you really need to be laying down and there's a substantial real-estate requirement (not to mention the logistical challenges of dealing with the wet ones out in the wild).

If I was going out with friends or colleagues however, I just don't dare use them.  I don't think people would look at me and shriek "Oh my god, he's wearing a nappy!" but I definitely have a certain thickness in the relevant area, much more than usual.  I use 60" x 60" and often use a 24" x 24" baby's terry as a stuffer if the terries in play are older/thinner ones. 

Regrettably, I am polar bear shaped and sized.  The upside to this is I can get away with a fairly thick nappy but the terry ones would be pushing my luck.

The few times I've been out in them I've had surprisingly few chafing issues.  I've found plastic-head pins to be rubbish though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, oznl said:

The few times I've been out in them I've had surprisingly few chafing issues.  I've found plastic-head pins to be rubbish though.

Yes, I've been surprised at the lack of chafing.  The plastic-headed pins I was using were OK, but I had to look out for when the heads started to crack, & bin them before they disintegrated.  I've now got a stock of metal-headed pins again though - they fail gradually and obviously, in my experience.  First the paint starts coming off, then the head starts rusting, then it's time to bin them.

I wouldn't want to change a terry nappy anywhere other than at home, somewhere private such as a hotel room, or at an ABDL event, where there's always a changing room or two, and everyone knows what you're up to anyway.  I've changed disposables all over the place, including fields, woods, motorway service stations and cliff tops.

I'm fairly slim, and that probably helps hide the bulges, or I like to think so.  I don't worry about it much these days though - I just don't want to be in anyone's face about it.  They can suspect what they like, but I guess nobody's ever rumbled me so far.

8 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I like the dritz locking pins. 

https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Safety-Pins-Diaper-Colors/dp/B001HZOZS0?th=1

The head is two pieces, the outer pice moves up and down. With the top in the down position, it can't be unpinned, or pop loose.

Thanks.  I think I'd have to import those from the US - they're not on amazon.co.uk as far as I can see.  I've been buying my pins from NappiesRUs here in the UK.  3" long, all metal with a locking cap.  Not perfect, but they're strong and long enough.  The dritz pins look to be a bit shorter, and I'm wary of plastic caps as they can fail without warning in my experience.  Anyway, I'm stocked up now!

3 hours ago, Stroller said:

Thanks.  I think I'd have to import those from the US - they're not on amazon.co.uk as far as I can see.  I've been buying my pins from NappiesRUs here in the UK.  3" long, all metal with a locking cap.  Not perfect, but they're strong and long enough.  The dritz pins look to be a bit shorter, and I'm wary of plastic caps as they can fail without warning in my experience.  Anyway, I'm stocked up now!

They are 2" standard baby diaper sized. I use two on each side. They are metal tops.

20 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

They are 2" standard baby diaper sized. I use two on each side. They are metal tops.

Oh sorry - they looked like plastic to me in the photo.  I use 3" pins these days - they're more robust than all the 2" ones I've used.

I mostly wear thick terry cloth diapers/nappies and boosters during the day, and if going out for some time double plastic pants over them. If I need to change, then a disabled restroom/toilet is the place to go. I have my terry squares pre folded ready in my bag, and something to put the wet one in. Wearing thick diapers doesn’t bother me when out, wearing a body will compress everything slightly, and loose fitting clothes will cover the bulkiness. Nobody will notice.

Multi#.jpg

• Like 1