LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Eclipse 2024

I live a bit north and west of the path of totality. I missed the last one, because I worked nights. I was looking for a place inside the path of totality in central Indiana. As I'm scrolling through the map, I find the perfect place. The Changing Station. It appeared to be in the middle of nowhere . It is a baby store though. Maybe I'll check it out. My great-nephew probably needs some diapers.

Anybody else planning on watching the eclipse?

Edited by ValentinesStuff
Fixed name

Don't know if I'll try yet.   It's a moderate distance for me.   A few years back I did the one that passed through Nashville as I had friends there I could stay with.

I saw another total eclipse back in 1970.   Was part of an amateur astronomy group back then.   We went down to Virginia Beach to be in the path of totality.   We had one telescope with a sun filter, one projecting on a card.   One camera was set up to take multiple exposures of the sun at various stages, and there was also an apparatus that was there to measure the shadow bands coming out of totality.   We also did light meter and temperature readings throughout the thing.   I was the time keeper.   I had a portable shortwave receiver that I was listening to the time standard broadcast.

We planned on seeing the totality years ago, and booked a room in upstate NY to see it over a year ago. I can't wait!

• Like 1

I am just inside the southern edge of totality, pretty much every emergency management agency in the path is on high alert, like they know something we dont... 😱

2 hours ago, barnburner said:

I am just inside the southern edge of totality, pretty much every emergency management agency in the path is on high alert, like they know something we dont... 😱

Friends of mine drove about 2 ½ hours south to watch the 2017 eclipse. I think it took them about 10 hours to get back home. This is I 57 after that eclipse. I don't expect traffic to be as bad this time, because of less hype, post COVID, etc. but it will still likely take hours longer to travel.

image.png.fb141ec1fab7070735998168d084c098.png

"pretty much every emergency management agency in the path is on high alert,"

Probably expecting to deal with crowds.

• Thanks 1

I may go view it with some family members. Just throwing this out there (I'm sure people already know but it never hurts to say it in case someone doesn't) but please remember safety viewing glasses to prevent damage to your eyes. 

I was in Cheyenne Wyoming for the one in 2017. The hotel I was working at had been booked full almost two years prior. That Monday, I already had that day off, but since my boss retired the weekend before, I was the boss and was on call.   I walked around downtown Cheyenne during the eclipse. All the street lights were on and it seemed like I was the only one outside. 
My family up in Riverton got a better view and told me about people renting out campers for $1200 a night. (I think we were charging about 600+ for those two nights.)

I probably won’t get too excited about this one. 

Our office outer walls are all windows.  My desk is by the NW facing windows, so I won't miss it.  It just gets dark early.  I was there in 2017.  Usually around that time I am walking down to the bathrooms such that I see it from all angles inside.