LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Peeing little and often!

Hello,

Anyone tried peeing little and often so your bladder isn't use to holding large amounts?

Is it affective?

How long did it take to work if it did… or did it not work.

By work i mean you have a very small bladder capacity and are forced to either wear a diaper or visit the toilet lots of times. 

14 minutes ago, stevewet said:

My bladder releases a little and often all the time 

Has this always been the case or did you train…if you trained how did you, how long did it take.

I've been in diapers and more or less doing this for 5 years. The result has been a notably reduced cruising range; I can go a couple of hours without peeing if I have to, but it gets really uncomfortable within about an hour, whereas in the before times, I used to be able to go a few to several hours without peeing - I used to drive all over the country for work and I only peed when I got gas, which was easily 6 to 7 hours apart. 

So, not wearing diapers would be really inconvenient - I'd have to go to the washroom every 45 minutes to be comfortable. I have also lost the ability to stop peeing, once I start, so if I hold it until I'm bursting and then I start to pee, that's it, it's happening. I've experienced this with the "latchkey effect" - for example, going out to the bar, drinking more than I thought I would, getting close to maxing out my diaper, so I decide to stop peeing for the last hour rather than trying to change my diaper in a busy public toilet, which would also necessitate carrying a diaper bag, taking it to the washroom, excusing myself from my table full of buddies... SO, the cab or Uber drops me off in front of my house, and now it's been 90 minutes, and as soon as I hit the front door, I start peeing, but the diaper can't take it, so I feel a leak commence, and I try like hell to stem the flow but I can't, leaving me undressing with pee dripping down one of my legs, while my wife wonders what the hell is going on and why I speed-stripped before running into the bathroom. So, there's that.  

Also, letting myself pee at night whenever I need to has resulted in my being an unreliable bedwetter - more often than not, I wake up before peeing, but not every time. Sometimes I wake up soaked with no recollection of agreeing to it. Alcohol helps facilitate that, too. 

• Like 2

Training to bed wet I read book after pediatric book on helping kids overcome the same.  A recurring recommendation was having the child hold their urine for as long as possible to increase capacity as well as strength sphincter.  Wanting to bed wet I did the opposite never passing a bathroom without emptying my bladder.  Don’t know if it worked but something sure did!

Now during the day trips to the bathroom are annoyingly frequent (when not wearing) with minimal output.  Plus the time from the first urge till I absolutely can’t hold it is almost nothing.  For example, this past Wednesday I pulled into a gas station with no concern whatsoever.  Standing beside the car pumping gas the urge hit.  In no time it was wave after wave.  Despite my best effort by the time I left the station the content of my bladder was in my Goodnite.

No Regrets.

• Like 2

Yep. This thread is basically the opposite of bladder training, which is the first line of treatment for oab. You can do the opposite and give yourself oab by changing your behavior. Ive been off and on but mostly on 24/7 for 5 ish years. I need to pee constantly when I'm not diapered. I can hold it, but it's very uncomfortable and I end up getting up to go to the toilet probably every 30-40 minutes if I'm not diapered.

• Like 2
On 3/22/2024 at 4:59 AM, Josh9988 said:

Hello,

Anyone tried peeing little and often so your bladder isn't use to holding large amounts?

Is it affective?

How long did it take to work if it did… or did it not work.

By work i mean you have a very small bladder capacity and are forced to either wear a diaper or visit the toilet lots of times. 

I've been doing this for years, I started because old diapers couldn't handle a fast complete bladder emptying. So to cut down on leaks I peed slowly and more often.

The only changes I've noticed are a full bladder is very uncomfortable, it's very uncomfortable to try and pee fast, and it takes forever to fully empty my bladder and I don't often do it.

11 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I've been doing this for years, I started because old diapers couldn't handle a fast complete bladder emptying. So to cut down on leaks I peed slowly and more often.

The only changes I've noticed are a full bladder is very uncomfortable, it's very uncomfortable to try and pee fast, and it takes forever to fully empty my bladder and I don't often do it.

That's what I've been doing for years as well.   I've noticed that even when I do use the toilet (which I do when I need to get longer in my diaper and can't change), my stream is weak and short.  Occasionally I get a strong void, but it usually just a weak void.

At first I tried to wait and let myself pee my pants naturally, but that I found that it was harder to go with a very full bladder.  I then decided to put a timer and pee every 15 minutes.  Eventually I was so used to peeing in a diaper that I didn't think about it.   It's the way that diapers are designed.

• Like 1

I've heard that most of us here do little and often. It's like it naturally happens. I remember way back when @DailyDi  told us the same thing according to his experience. I'd have to agree.

It's a great start to build the habit of peeing often but you won't become incontinent by doing that alone.