LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Back to the ER

Mom this time. Afib acting up or something. She’s in a lot of pain and they are being slow with the meds. 

• Sad 9

Mom has pancreatitis, likely caused by gallstones. They are going to do a scope tomorrow to confirm, but she will likely have to have her gallbladder removed. She's in pain, and I'm worried and stressed!

• Sad 5
14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Mom has pancreatitis, likely caused by gallstones. They are going to do a scope tomorrow to confirm, but she will likely have to have her gallbladder removed. She's in pain, and I'm worried and stressed!

I've been there, and I know exactly what the pain from pancreatitis feels like. I had a second attack of it several years after the first. The therapy for that is to pour fluids through you intravenously and not otherwise feed you. In my case I was up to pee every four hours round the clock. Both times for 3-4 days. The second time I was in the hospital they convinced me that since this was the second attack of pancreatitis  I should have my gall bladder removed. I was against it but the hospitalist said "Oh pooh, it's like your appendix, you don't need it."

The gall bladder removal was a snap - it was done laparospically on a Monday morning, and the next morning I was driving home. 

So all in all, I wouldn't worry all that much. Knowing what the problem is and the normal outcome should help. Feel free to ask any questions....

• Like 3
4 hours ago, vvp39 said:

The gall bladder removal was a snap - it was done laparospically on a Monday morning, and the next morning I was driving home. 

That's good to know thanks!

Back from the hospital early today, bad storm coming so Mom wanted me home to care for the pets and not on the road later.

She's getting by on morphine and a liquid diet waiting for the surgery or whatever is next.

• Like 3

Had my gall bladder out almost 30 years ago.  Nothing to it.  I stayed overnight and went home the next day.  Felt so much better!  Gall stones, or in my case, sludge feels like a kidney stone.  Pain is bad, make that excruciating!  Once gall bladder was removed, never had that pain again except when I had the occasional kidney stone.

• Like 2

So, Mom's in until at Least Saturday. Having the surgery Friday morning. They also found a hiatal hernia and esophageal erosion, not sure what they will do about that, likely just diet changes and reflux meds.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DailyDi said:

So, Mom's in until at Least Saturday. Having the surgery Friday morning. They also found a hiatal hernia and esophageal erosion, not sure what they will do about that, likely just diet changes and reflux meds.

@DailyDi

I wish you and you mom the best, and I will be praying for you BOTH :)

Best Wishes and HUGS to Both of you :)

Brian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Crinklz Kat said:

I know the surgery isn't until tomorrow, but hoping for the best.

Thanks Kat!

On 3/6/2024 at 5:54 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Brian

Thanks Brian!

On 3/6/2024 at 5:54 PM, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

Brian

Thanks Brian!

16 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Surgery went fine. She’s still sleeping. Doc says probably tomorrow for discharge 

Hiii!

Glad to hear! High hopes for a comfortable and full recovery. 

🧜‍♂️

• Like 3