LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tracking Bedwetting

I have been tracking my bedwetting on a chart for a couple of months now. However I'm wondering if I should change what constitutes a rainy night on the chart.

I know beyond a doubt I have some of those nights where I wet myself without waking. Sometimes I wakeup while peeing. Other times Im half asleep but let go and fall back asleep immediately. The later does not feel genuine and probably should not count towards the rainy day chart. However I've been counting since I started. 

The most frustrating thing about tracking bed wetting is I often get changed an hour before bedtime. Sometimes I end up using my diaper before I fall asleep. The constant mind game of is it wetter than before I went to bed is annoying. Its not always obvious. 

What constitutes a 🌧️ sticker on the chart for you?

I wonder if tracking it / making a conscious effort could hinder progress? My current methodology is to wet in bed whenever I get the urge, and hopefully with time I won't wake. Every night is a wet night, that's why I wear a diaper, a plastic pant, a cloth absorbent skirt, and have several layers of bed protection. It's very early days for me so actually sleepful wetting isn't happening yet, so I think for now at least whether I wet in my sleep is irrelevant, either way I will get out of bed wet.

This is a strategy I've decided to take after reading how some members would be dry when testing their bedwetting (e.g. going to bed in a dry diaper, not wearing a diaper). The knowledge that they were observing seemingly prevented bedwetting. 

I'm sure in time if I stick with this I will want to 'test' my progress, at such a point I will only count sleepful wetting. I've seen that there are new smart diaper monitors on the market (for healthcare settings). It would be cool to get one of those and automatically log wetting events. That would enable you to continue to wet your diaper whenever you wake up without even thinking about anything (also addresses the going to bed dry or not wearing a diaper to test problems). You could compare that data with the sleep cycle tracking data from a smart watch or such to see when true wetting events take place.

Come to think of it I really want one of those monitors now.

16 hours ago, Nova73 said:

I have been tracking my bedwetting on a chart for a couple of months now. However I'm wondering if I should change what constitutes a rainy night on the chart.

I know beyond a doubt I have some of those nights where I wet myself without waking. Sometimes I wakeup while peeing. Other times Im half asleep but let go and fall back asleep immediately. The later does not feel genuine and probably should not count towards the rainy day chart. However I've been counting since I started. 

The most frustrating thing about tracking bed wetting is I often get changed an hour before bedtime. Sometimes I end up using my diaper before I fall asleep. The constant mind game of is it wetter than before I went to bed is annoying. Its not always obvious. 

The only thing I would say is  being wet before you go to bed doesn't count.

• Like 1
On 1/23/2024 at 1:53 PM, Nova73 said:

I give myself a gold star only when I go to sleep dry and wake wet with no memory of the incident(s).  Other variations are nice but not worthy of the gold.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I find beer always has the opposite effect for me. I don't sleep as well after a couple of beers and end up waking up multiple times a night. I never drink enough to get piss drunk on the other hand. 

Anyway here is this week's results. Sunshine is go to bed in a dry diaper. Wake up dry. No Mark is I went to bed in a wet diaper. Maybe I wet the bed? Who really knows. Cloud days are going to bed in a dry diaper and waking up wet without recollection.

The 7 and the 8 is probably wet nights considering what I did. I play Ice hockey with a bunch of guys who all played AAA and D1 college hockey back in the day. Loaded up on water and a beer. I always end up pissing my diaper before I go to bed.

I can confidently say I'm a bed-wetter.971516576_Screenshot_20240210-1148532.thumb.png.40a16ce799248b3578a42555e133ed1b.png

On 1/23/2024 at 3:16 PM, longislandguy said:

I don't change into my night diaper until I'm ready for bed. 

I have to change my diaper at least an hour or two before bed, otherwise I'll be too tired for a diaper change and subsequently skip it.

So I'm usually going to bed already slightly wet.

I also drink some water during the time leading up to before I get into bed, otherwise I'll wake up thirsty and grab my water bottle off the night stand.

I usually sleep wet within the first REM cycle, and then wake up and wet a couple times throughout the night and then easily drift back to sleep.

2 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

I have to change my diaper at least an hour or two before bed, otherwise I'll be too tired for a diaper change and subsequently skip it.

So I'm usually going to bed already slightly wet.

I also drink some water during the time leading up to before I get into bed, otherwise I'll wake up thirsty and grab my water bottle off the night stand.

I usually sleep wet within the first REM cycle, and then wake up and wet a couple times throughout the night and then easily drift back to sleep.

I too drink water during the hour or so before going to bed.  If not my bladder doesn’t fill during the first sleep cycle when I’m most likely to sleep wet.  Weight of diaper in the morning yields an estimate of number of times I wet during the night (almost always more than once).  Sometimes I wake for later urinary episodes and sometimes not.  Wish I knew more.

FWIW, almost ANY attempt I make to plan, facilitate, observe of measure my bedwetting tends to inhibit it.

After a while, I felt my bedwetting was "robust" enough to start testing.  I'd contrive to go to bed dry and sure enough, frequently enough I'd wake up wet.  I guess this is @WBxx's "gold star" standard.  The thing was,  after a few weeks of testing like this, it seemed to me that the frequency of my bedwetting started to retreat.

There's an off-the-wall bedwetting cure for you: stay dry by planning to be wet.

So, I stopped bothering to engineer falling asleep dry and just went back to casual nocturnal peeing.  After a couple of weeks I started to notice that I was more and more often waking up the next morning with an empty bladder, a drenched night diaper and zero recall of using it.  I've also (again) had a few pee dreams and even woken up to find myself peeing.

I'm just going to let things be for now though.

8 hours ago, WBxx said:

If not my bladder doesn’t fill during the first sleep cycle when I’m most likely to sleep wet.  Weight of diaper in the morning yields an estimate of number of times I wet during the night (almost always more than once).  Sometimes I wake for later urinary episodes and sometimes not.  Wish I knew more.

That was also a thing with me.  It started out always being the FIRST sleep cycle.  I'd wake up wet at around 2am and, having slept through that first pee of the night, I'd wake up two or three times more for additional pees which is kind of annoying: the damage was already done.  Lately however I've had morning drenched diapers and zero recall of waking at all suggesting that multiple bedwetting episodes can occur now.

• Thanks 1

That's when bedwetting has truly become the new normal.

When you get used to a soaking wet diaper inbetween your legs every morning.

BetterDry are my favorite for this, because they're just so smooth and comfortable.

22 hours ago, CodHero24 said:

That's when bedwetting has truly become the new normal.

When you get used to a soaking wet diaper inbetween your legs every morning.

BetterDry are my favorite for this, because they're just so smooth and comfortable.

Just how I wake every morning. I can't honestly remember my last dry night.

• Like 1

I'm 5 years into the journey. I started by drinking 1 liter of water every night before bed. I had my first wet night after 5 weeks. I started regularly wetting a couple of weeks after that. I tracked the first 5 months of progress but after 2 months I was at a 70% bedwetting rate so it was kind of pointless. I figured It was permanent after about 9 months. I stopped drinking so much water after about 1 year and it seems like it "stuck". Even 5 years later I'll drink a good 8 ounces of water or more before bed just for the experience of waking up nice and wet. Based on stories I read here I'm probably pretty lucky it happened so fast but I also started with a bladder capacity of about 8 ounces (which I believe is what really gave me the desire to go 24/7).

Edit to add more details: The first few years for the most part it seemed like I'd wet early on in the night and then in many occasions I'd wake up a few hours later needing to pee again. I attribute part of this to increased pressure caused by a bulging diaper. Lately it seems I often don't have any need to manually release during the night and wake up nice and wet in the morning with only a mild need to pee. So it does seem there are phases you go through until you reach complete nighttime incontinence.

Also I see a lot of people worried about leaks. I have a mattress protector but haven't had any leaks after the first year (there were 2). The key is using a good diaper. I started with BetterDry then moved on to Incontrol Elite and now Inspire Mega or BeDry Night. Never have issues. On the "real" incontinence forums people try their hardest to avoid using real protection and constantly deal with leaks. I don't get it.

Edited by secretdesire
added more details