LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

4 minutes ago, DAQ said:

@foreverdlwhy wouldn't a hospital treat you? I must admit my ignorance but is Healthcare so cutthroat that they will let people die because they didn’t have the work done here? Is it a warranty issue?

Oh yeah, I missed that.

17 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

And the local hospital will not even treat you if you say you had the elective surgery done out of the country . So if you have a major issue you will have to have an experience air flight bat to the hospital ..

I have never heard of that.  Once I'm home from Mexico the US hospitals won't help me with anything and I have to get on a jet back to Mexico?  Is that a real thing?

5 minutes ago, DAQ said:

@foreverdlwhy wouldn't a hospital treat you? I must admit my ignorance but is Healthcare so cutthroat that they will let people die because they didn’t have the work done here? Is it a warranty issue?

It's been my experience that if you walk into an emergency room, you will be treated. I knew a nurse that worked in E.R. and the stories she had about the stuff people do... But they all got treated.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I do really think you go to a hospital and admit you had a surgery out of the country That no one will do in the USA....... They may patch you up and say go back to the place you had it done. Dr's in The USA Are a Do no harm that means not to do a surgery that is doing you harm.......

Oh ok, yeah.  Getting patched up here in the US would be all I'm looking for if something needs attention.  Yeah if I needed more work done to become incontinent, US doctors certainly wouldn't help with that.  That's agreed, and is why I have to go to Mexico in the first place.

And yes DAQ. I will say again if you have a surgery on purpose that is a do harm surgery they will do as little as possible so they will not be sued

5 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Which ever way you go, I think you should probably have your post-catheter diaper supply ready BEFORE your surgery... You'll likely be to sore to go shopping afterwards.

Yeah, for sure.  I'm going to bring a supply of good diapers to cover at least the last days and travel home.  But it might be good to have a pack or two of diapers shipped down to the hotel via Amazon.  That could be fun.

4 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

I do really think you go to a hospital and admit you had a surgery out of the country That no one will do in the USA....... They may patch you up and say go back to the place you had it done. Dr's in The USA Are a Do no harm that means not to do a surgery that is doing you harm.......

Using that train of thought, I hope that NONE of the 2 million immigrants who walked across the border last year have to go to the hospital here for complications from a surgery in their home country.

• Like 3

And yes DAQ. I will say again if you have a surgery on purpose that is a do harm surgery they will do as little as possible so they will not be sued

I am talking about walking into the ER with something like a post op infection or urethral stricture blocking urine flow. They will absolutely help you.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I will say you have done a lot of research . But if it was me and my body is me. I would do almost anything else . 

How would they know it was a "Do harm surgery"? He could just tell them he had surgery for urine retention, and now there are issues.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

Using that train of thought, I hope that NONE of the 2 million immigrants who walked across the border last year have to go to the hospital here for complications from a surgery in their home country.

Ok HOW many of them have had an elective surgery like this done ??????? And how many of them are here that are legal? 

1 minute ago, Diapered Dave said:

How would they know it was a "Do harm surgery"? He could just tell them he had surgery for urine retention, and now there are issues.

It would take a dumb Dr to not know it was what it was. Our Dr's are pretty smart

• Sad 1
Just now, Diapered Dave said:

That's an interesting facet of how to approach future care.  I'm not planning to tell American doctors that I ever had anything done in Mexico, and certainly not the reason why.  But I would tell them I had a procedure done, and now there are issues.  Some might be more comfortable sharing the full truth.  (I don't think there would be a difference in care between the two, though).  But an interesting choice about how much one is comfortable divulging.

I will say you have done a lot of research . But if it was me and my body is me. I would do almost anything else . 

I have no problem with you thinking that this train of thought is crazy. But what I can't figure out is why you feel the need to spread patently false information to dissuade others?

• Like 1

OK Diaperd Dave will you go down there and have the same surgery done ?? after you do it then you say what ever you want to say

• Sad 1

That's fair.  It's not a picture perfect ideal.  But within the realm of getting incontinence surgery, I don't see a good alternative out there right now.  Do you mean that you would have the surgery somewhere else?  Or not have it at all (given only the one existing option)?

It would take a dumb Dr to not know it was what it was. Our Dr's are pretty smart

I've been thinking about this too.  I'm pretty curious to know what an American doctor would think.  My best case would be that they look at me and say "wow, they really messed things up with you" but I would feel strange if they knew, so I'm kind of hoping and telling myself it will hopefully be more like my best case.  And then just move on from there.

3 minutes ago, Reddy said:

That's an interesting facet of how to approach future care.  I'm not planning to tell American doctors that I ever had anything done in Mexico, and certainly not the reason why.  But I would tell them I had a procedure done, and now there are issues.  Some might be more comfortable sharing the full truth.  (I don't think there would be a difference in care between the two, though).  But an interesting choice about how much one is comfortable divulging.

As long as you keep that part out of future Dr visits then you will be be able to play dumb and say I don't know what happened . I have had a number of Cancer surgeries done they ARE life threatening cancer surgeries . It is not the same as I want to wear diapers as we all want to do. But as I agree it is your body you can do and will do what ever you want to do. I am trying to save you headaches later .. If you want to believe others that have not had long hospital visits then that is up to you.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, foreverdl said:

As long as you keep that part out of future Dr visits then you will be be able to play dumb and say I don't know what happened . I have had a number of Cancer surgeries done they ARE life threatening cancer surgeries . It is not the same as I want to wear diapers as we all want to do. But as I agree it is your body you can do and will do what ever you want to do. I am trying to save you headaches later .. If you want to believe others that have not had long hospital visits then that is up to you.

One thing that heartens me is how many years the surgeon at this center has been doing a variety of urological procedures.  I think it's always a risk any time you travel (from anywhere to anywhere).  But seeing the reddit posts of happy customers and knowing how experienced he is helps a lot.  And the Mexico healthcare rankings and even just the proximity (our next neighbor to the south) give me a lot of hope.  But I don't want to discount your hospital stays.  Were they abroad or domestic?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

That's fair.  It's not a picture perfect ideal.  But within the realm of getting incontinence surgery, I don't see a good alternative out there right now.  Do you mean that you would have the surgery somewhere else?  Or not have it at all (given only the one existing option)?

If my only option to become inco was to go out of the country you Bet I would not have that done. I am not wanting to rag on other countries surgeries . But I have had way to many done here and with all of the research possible, Done beforehand . I still had an infection that almost killed me for a cancer reconstruction surgery done HERE. It is your body as I say. I do hope you are here in a few months to say I told you so..

2 minutes ago, Reddy said:

One thing that heartens me is how many years the surgeon at this center has been doing a variety of urological procedures.  I think it's always a risk any time you travel (from anywhere to anywhere).  But seeing the reddit posts of happy customers and knowing how experienced he is helps a lot.  And the Mexico healthcare rankings and even just the proximity (our next neighbor to the south) give me a lot of hope.  But I don't want to discount your hospital stays.  Were they abroad or domestic?

My hospital stays and surgeries were done here in Calif Us. And I am not saying that any Dr or hospital is good or bad. I personally will not do that surgery . But I am 66 yrs old, and I have way less yrs to live than you. Just know that No surgery will come without side effects or without a big chance of an infection or other. I just try to give you input from my many years of life and of living with things like cancer. I had to have one of my last ones done so I could eat food. See my cancer was oral. Most people didn't live more than 5 yrs from this after 5 yrs. And that was 2007-2011. So I am not a dummy . I have lived it. Any surgery is not to be taken lightly .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, foreverdl said:

OK Diaperd Dave will you go down there and have the same surgery done ?? after you do it then you say what ever you want to say

Yes, I will probably go down there and have the surgery done. If I had a passport, and the money available now, I would schedule it as soon as I could.  I want to stop living the lie of temporary incontinence that home made stents provide. I want the calm and peace of mind that permanent diaper dependence will give me. After having these diaper desires since I was 5 years old, I want to finally live the rest of my life incontinent.

Right now, most of my money is tied up in investments, and won't be available for 12 to 18 months. Also, I'm the primary care giver for an elderly ailing parent, so I can't just leave the country for a couple weeks.

• Like 4
Just now, Diapered Dave said:

Yes, I will probably go down there and have the surgery done. If I had a passport, and the money available now, I would schedule it as soon as I could.  I want to stop living the lie of temporary incontinence that home made stents provide. I want the calm and peace of mind that permanent diaper dependence will give me. After having these diaper desires since I was 5 years old, I want to finally live the rest of my life incontinent.

Right now, most of my money is tied up in investments, and won't be available for 12 to 18 months. Also, I'm the primary care giver for an elderly ailing parent, so I can't just leave the country for a couple weeks.

I hear you about wanting to schedule it as soon as you could.  It feels agonizing to wait for my surgery date, but in reality it's so soon (4 weeks away) and I'm thrilled when I realize that.  I hope you can make some temporary arrangements for elder care, get that passport, and go soon!

3 minutes ago, Diapered Dave said:

AS you know at your age you can do as I did 5 or more years ago and start wetting my pants at work.... And thence you need to wear. Once you are an adult over the age of 60 you don't need to explain to anyone and tell them to get screwed if they ask.

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

One thing that heartens me is how many years the surgeon at this center has been doing a variety of urological procedures.  I think it's always a risk any time you travel (from anywhere to anywhere).  But seeing the reddit posts of happy customers and knowing how experienced he is helps a lot.  And the Mexico healthcare rankings and even just the proximity (our next neighbor to the south) give me a lot of hope.  But I don't want to discount your hospital stays.  Were they abroad or 

Which reddit was that that the posts are in?

There were a lot of words here for and against what you want to do, Reddy.

I don't plan to do the whole thing (yet), but I'm following all the posts here carefully.

I live in Germany and know people here who traveled to Turkey to undergo a hair transplant. (some people find baldness unatractif in themselves). I too would have concerns that this would be done in a country far away and not in a country neighboring Germany. Same problem, same thoughts about aftercare!

What is much easier here: you can also do it in Germany for more money.

Your operation cannot be carried out in your own country, but “at least” in the neighboring country.

And now I come to the topic of follow-up care by nurses in hotels: In Germany there are too few people who want to practice the nursing profession, so a delegation from our state traveled to Mexico to recruit skilled workers there! So those professionals in Mexico can't be completely incompetent!

I have no idea what it's like to have an operation in Mexico and the complications have to be followed up in the USA, but as I leave it here, it would be good to give a reason for the problems without mentioning the original reason and doing something in Mexico - I know not sure if this will work, but I think it must be possible somehow. And I hope that others here will tell you a different reasons, that you can use. Perhaps the story of Diapered Dave is one of those usables! And let us hope: there will be no complications! 🥰

And some people say to you, you are to young, if I am older I would do this. I tell you a different story: I am 53 and I get my first tattoos when I wa 51, at this time I said, I want a facetattoo, too! And I got it with 52! So, younger you get what you want, you have more time to life with this, do not wait until you are older, make it now!

And I know a tattoo is nothing to a total urinary incontinence, but you want it, get it! (A face tattoo can  be seen by every one / wear diapers - the most people will never recognize this!)

Good luck to you Reddy with the operation, and keep us updated!

• Like 1

I suppose an "I ❤️ Pampers" face tattoo would accomplish almost the same thing as incontinence surgery... nobody would ever question your commitment again. Kidding. 

I don't think you'll have any issues getting follow-up care in the US if you need it. You might have to answer some slightly embarrassing questions, but people stumble into the ER after injuring themselves doing ill-advised things all the time; after taking drugs, or drinking themselves into a stupor, deliberately riding a shopping cart down a hill, etc etc. They're not going to not help you, just because "you elected to do this", should you end up with a stricture or a UTI. 

• Like 2

I notice you have the same way of approaching things. 😆

No, I don't have "I ❤️ Pampers" on my face, just a full diaper - not that either.

But thank you for continuing to comment on the topic in relation to Reddy's much deeper things. 🫶

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Diaperdudes said:

Which reddit was that that the posts are in?

I just googled "mexico transgender center reddit" and "dr ivan aguilar reddit" and some posts came up.  It varies which part of reddit they are in based on the type of surgery the person got.

2 hours ago, Kevin140 said:

There were a lot of words here for and against what you want to do, Reddy.

I don't plan to do the whole thing (yet), but I'm following all the posts here carefully.

I live in Germany and know people here who traveled to Turkey to undergo a hair transplant. (some people find baldness unatractif in themselves). I too would have concerns that this would be done in a country far away and not in a country neighboring Germany. Same problem, same thoughts about aftercare!

What is much easier here: you can also do it in Germany for more money.

Your operation cannot be carried out in your own country, but “at least” in the neighboring country.

And now I come to the topic of follow-up care by nurses in hotels: In Germany there are too few people who want to practice the nursing profession, so a delegation from our state traveled to Mexico to recruit skilled workers there! So those professionals in Mexico can't be completely incompetent!

I have no idea what it's like to have an operation in Mexico and the complications have to be followed up in the USA, but as I leave it here, it would be good to give a reason for the problems without mentioning the original reason and doing something in Mexico - I know not sure if this will work, but I think it must be possible somehow. And I hope that others here will tell you a different reasons, that you can use. Perhaps the story of Diapered Dave is one of those usables! And let us hope: there will be no complications! 🥰

And some people say to you, you are to young, if I am older I would do this. I tell you a different story: I am 53 and I get my first tattoos when I wa 51, at this time I said, I want a facetattoo, too! And I got it with 52! So, younger you get what you want, you have more time to life with this, do not wait until you are older, make it now!

And I know a tattoo is nothing to a total urinary incontinence, but you want it, get it! (A face tattoo can  be seen by every one / wear diapers - the most people will never recognize this!)

Good luck to you Reddy with the operation, and keep us updated!

Thank you for the well wishes!  I will keep you updated.

1 hour ago, Little Sherri said:

I suppose an "I ❤️ Pampers" face tattoo would accomplish almost the same thing as incontinence surgery... nobody would ever question your commitment again. Kidding. 

I don't think you'll have any issues getting follow-up care in the US if you need it. You might have to answer some slightly embarrassing questions, but people stumble into the ER after injuring themselves doing ill-advised things all the time; after taking drugs, or drinking themselves into a stupor, deliberately riding a shopping cart down a hill, etc etc. They're not going to not help you, just because "you elected to do this", should you end up with a stricture or a UTI. 

Haha, I like that.  You're right, same commitment level!  Thanks for the added info about care.

• Like 2
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico