LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Little in Love 2 - Epilogue (4/17/24)

On 11/29/2023 at 12:01 PM, LittleFallenPrincess said:

nd that’s when Zoey tackled me to the ground, pinning me down and beginning tickling me relentlessly as the others gathered around and grabbed my limbs so I couldn’t escape their organised tickle attack.

“AHHHHH! NO FAIR!” I screamed out loud, laughing uncontrollably as they all laughed at me and teased me, my ashen hair flailing about in frustration.

And right out of the gate just giving me a heart attack lol...

bill-nye-shock.gif

On 12/3/2023 at 1:59 PM, LittleFallenPrincess said:

doptions had plummeted. Like… I’m talking about 70% less adoptions than the previous year. This was unheard of, adoptions had ever only gradually risen as more and more littles were taken and deemed immature, adopted by Amazons and turned into babies. But now… the opposite was true. Ever since Charlie’s book, and since my first public appearance since announcing my run for parliament… adoptions actually fell. Sure, the rate for people getting declared mature was still low, but it was very slowly rising. So people weren’t letting go of their littles

Key step is always getting the public at large to see you as people, then comes the hard step direct action and agitation. Unfortunately there's always going to be casualties at this stage.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:57 PM, LittleFallenPrincess said:

Most of it was run by billionaires, billionaires who wanted a certain narrative playing for their own purposes. Whether they truly want all littles adopted, or they own shares (or even whole companies) that cater to the infantilisation of littles… they all wanted me to fail. Which honestly just made me push  on further and harder. I wasn’t going to let a bunch of them win. Partially for the sake of all littles and their futures… and partially because no doubt they’d retaliate if I lose, and have me deemed immature… ruining my marriage to Charlotte.

Called it, capitalism at it's finest

Ellie and Danny were so much fun to play with, and they seemed genuinely cool, so I was hoping that this would be the start of a beautiful friendship with them and their adorable family… and that it wasn’t crossing any lines regarding her being my therapist. But then again Eve has done a lot for me, including therapy… and she’s one of my closest friends.

Very much appreciate the lamp-shading here

And you replied with ‘good’? Looks like we’re going to have to change that rating to at least a ‘mind blowing’ before we give you that ice cream…” Charlie grinned at me, closing the door and carrying me off upstairs.

hayase-nagatoro-nagatoro-hehe.gif

Chapter 6: Damage Control

Little in Love 2 – LittleFallenPrincess

‘Breaking news!’

“C… Charlie?” I called out to her as I saw my face plastered on the TV.

It had been about a week since my playdate, and we were having a quiet night in. The election was looming and I was just trying to not lose the plot before the big day.

“What is it, sweetie? I’m just loading the dishwasher…” Charlie replied from the kitchen.

“You need to come in here…”

A plate clanked into the rack and I heard footsteps get closer and closer, until Charlie popped her head into the living room.

“What is it?”

“Look…” I said, pointing at the TV.

“Oh… oh shit…”

‘It has been revealed that the little running for MP in the capital is not who they say they are…’

I sat there, frozen, as I watched the headline ran across the bottom of the screen, my mind racing and panicking as I sat completely still.

‘Olivia Clarke, the little candidate running for the Green Democrats Party, has been found to be hiding something about herself that she has kept secret from the public. Olivia Clarke was not born Olivia Clarke… instead ‘he’ was born…’

Charlie grabbed the remote control from the sofa and quickly turned the TV off.

“I… I…” I was speechless.

“Baby, it’s okay…” Charlie said, dashing to the sofa, sitting next to me and pulling me onto her lap, cuddling me tightly.

“How did they…”

“Someone must have leaked it. You know how bad reporters can be. No doubt your political rival will have had someone doing a background check on you… It wouldn’t have been hard to find your old records.”

“But…”

“I know, baby. But it’s okay. We expected this…”

“It… still hurts…”

“It does, but we can get through this. I don’t think this will change many people’s opinions of you, although like we theorised… we have to watch out for them using this as a weapon against you. Most people won’t care that you’re trans. And if the latest polls are to be believed, even if we lose a fraction who may be transphobic, we’ll still win.”

“I hope so… I…”

“Come here…” Charlie squeezed me tightly and kissed my head, rocking me back and forth gently.

“So… what do we do now?”

“No doubt we’ll get a call any minute now from Chris or someone, and they’ll want to discuss damage control.”

“Can we just stay here for a bit longer then? I… I need dis…”

“Of course baby, we can stay as long as you need.”

I knew they would find out I was trans. I didn’t exactly hide it brilliantly. Faith’s nanotech was brilliant, but it didn’t erase my old records, especially paper ones I couldn’t get scrubbed. And I’ve been waiting, anxiously, for this day… but no amount of preparation was adequate for the feeling inside my chest now that it was out there. My biggest personal secret. The one thing I just put behind me, in my past… now out in full view, reminding me of my history.

And all I could do was cry into Charlie’s chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for coming in suddenly. I know you had a busy schedule today, but that’s been derailed by this. We’ll still have the press event later, but we’re going to have to skip the door-to-door canvassing. We need to discuss strategy.” Todd said, showing us into the office where a bunch of people were gathered.

Todd was our head of communications. He worked closely with the press secretary Chris had hired to make sure I came across as favourable in the public eye. The two of them were Amazons, and wanted to play off more of the ‘poor little in a big, scary world’ image to the public, but Charlie and I didn’t want to lie and put out a fake image… we wanted people to vote for me because they believe in me and everything I stand for. And yeah sure, in politics that’s rubbish. It’s about who has the most money and most connections, and in any other election that would be the case, but this election… thanks to Charlie’s book and the overall sway of opinion towards littles… and because Charlie and I wouldn’t agree to it… we ended up being more truthful.

Walking in between Todd and Charlie, I confidently walked through our head office, towards the meeting room at the back, in my baggy white blouse and my smartest pants. Charlie was really stealing everyone’s gazes though as she wore the most gorgeous pantsuit, making it look like she was really the one in charge. Which… yeah she pretty much was in our relationship.

The volunteer staff, mostly littles, looked at me… weirdly… as we walked past. They must have heard the news… and I was honestly terrified that they hated me now.

“In you come…” Todd said, pointing towards the chairs at the end of the table. One normal one and one higher up… and I knew which was mine already.

Lifting me up, Charlie sat me down on the not-highchair-but-still-pretty-much-a-highchair and then took her own seat next to me.

“Thanks for coming in, Liv.” Chris said from the opposite end of the table. Chris, the Head of LIBRA, was always present for any important decisions or meetings. He was our main link to the party I was running to, and the person who had recommended me to them.

In between us, were a group of Amazons, all wearing smart outfits, with documents and notepads in front of them. And each had a big role in getting me elected. From press stuff to canvassing, to making sure I was entered into the running correctly, these twelve or so Amazons ran pretty much everything. They were the backbone of this. Some were chosen by Chris, mostly our lawyers, but most of our staff were assigned by the party leader.

I had noticed, early on, that there were no other littles aside from me and Chris, which unnerved me. That’s why when we started talking about getting people to canvas for us and staff for the office… I demanded we had a rough 50/50 split of Amazons and littles. We couldn’t have purely littles, as half of our staff would have been adopted on the doorsteps they were canvassing at, that's why we always had a one little/one Amazon thing for campaigning.

“So… I’m guessing you all saw the news…” I sighed.

“We did. But we also knew this was coming…” Chris said, sighing.

“We didn’t!” A few Amazons spoke up.

“We didn’t think it was a huge thing, especially not to out our candidate!” Chris argued back.

“Yes but now what are we supposed to do?” One Amazon asked.

“Easy, we hold the press event later and Liv comes out…” Chris suggested.

“I…” I stuttered, unsure as to what to say.

“That’s not fair, she shouldn’t have to come out to everyone nationally!” Thankfully Charlie had my back. “She should only come out if she wants to. Do not, and I repeat do NOT force her to do this.”

Charlie’s look at the other Amazons could kill, and I’m glad I wasn’t on the receiving end of it right now.

“But we need to…” One of the Amazon’s spoke up.

“You need to shut the hell up and listen to me. We do not make her come out like this. Only when she is ready. If she is ever ready. For now, we can pass this off as just another attack on her character.” Charlie continued.

“I…” I couldn’t raise my voice. It was all still a bit too much for me.

“So what about the rumour that Olivia likes being a baby?” Another Amazon asked.

“Wait, what?” I finally spoke up.

“Yes, there are rumours surfacing and spreading that accuse you of being Charlie’s adopted baby… without being a baby. That you like being treated like that…”

“Where did these rumours come from?”

“Online. We don’t know where. The public knows from Charlotte’s book that you had to pretend to be a baby to hide your relationship, but if the rumours are true… then I don’t know how we could spin that… they’ll surely call for a ruling of maturosis and have you taken out of the running… probably even annul your marriage.”

Charlie was furious at this point, I could see it on her face. So as soon as she opened her mouth, I got the courage to speak up myself.

“The rumours are false. But we are not hiding me being trans. I want to come out. I want people to know the real me.”

“But sweetie… the real you is the ‘rumour’ too…” Charlie whispered.

“Yes, but I am not risking our marriage.” I whispered back. “We will just hide the baby stuff for a while. It’s a sacrifice I’m willing to make.”

“Okay, but are you ready to come out like this though?”

“I have to be. It sucks… but people deserve to know, right?”

I looked up to the board of Amazons, all looking at me, awaiting my decision. My heart was beating faster and faster and I’m pretty sure I’m close to having a panic attack.

“I… need to think. I need a drink of water. I’ll be right back…” I said, quickly hopping off my tall chair and rushing out of the room.

Closing the door behind me, hearing the Amazons and Chris talking about me behind my back, I took some deep breaths and noticed all eyes were on me yet again.

That’s when all the littles, and even some of the Amazons, came rushing over.

“Are you okay, Olivia?” One girl asked.

“Deep breaths.” Another suggested.

“Is this about the news report?” One of the Amazon girls asked.

“I… yes…” I said, in between breaths.

“I… is it true?” One guy said.

I looked up at him. I didn’t know what to say. Do I admit it and come out publicly? I’ve been kinda hiding my trans status my entire life… but now it was already out there kinda… was it better to deny it and hide away, living in stealth yet again? Or do I come out and hopefully that won’t affect the public’s opinion of me too much? I couldn’t decide. It was a huge decision, and I wasn’t prepared for it.

Like we knew this was a possibility, but nothing prepared me for this feeling.

This guy, holding my hand, his slightly chipped nail polish on full display, looked at me with the same look I remember seeing on myself before. A look I remembered from years ago… I could tell who they were instantly. Or more… what they were.

And that was all I needed.

“Yes. It’s true. I’m trans.”

“Oh my god!”

“No way!”

“I never would have guessed!”

All the usual responses. But none of them are negative. All of them praising and cheering for me, patting me on the back and seeming… supportive?

And this person, whose hands still gripped mine… looked at me with hope and wonder and relief, confirming my suspicions.

“Thank you… for being so brave.” They said, hugging me out of nowhere.

So I leant in and whispered in their ear. “You’re brave too. If you ever need someone to talk to… I’ll have Charlie give you my number, okay? You’re not alone.”

“Am I that obvious?” They laughed, still hugging me tightly.

“What’s your name?”

“Christia…” They stopped for a second, before changing their answer. “Chloe…”

“Well it’s lovely to meet you, Chloe. And if you need help getting nanites from a safe, reliable source, just ask, okay? I know a Doctor.”

“Really? Oh my god… thank you…” She said, pulling away from me, with tears in her eyes.

I smiled at her and she smiled back. I was close to tears myself.

I had never thought of this… how my story could be used as a beacon of light for other trans people. As affirmation that it’s okay for us to exist. Especially littles who are trans.

So that was my answer. I knew what to do. And as everyone patted me on the back and congratulated me and told me how brave I was… I took a deep breath and prepared myself for what I was about to do next.

========================================================

I'm glad you're all enjoying this sequel! And I'm glad I can still scare some of you :P

Also if you haven't seen, I'm now up and running on Subscribestar!

2 of 4 chapters of my Christmas special, are up on SubscribeStar as a timed exclusive (any of the commissioned short stories I end up writing will only be there, but this is a Christmas special so I'm thinking of posting it here for free just after Christmas maybe. We'll see anyway).

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Please leave likes and comments and all that fun stuff, I love reading them!

If you want to read the next 4 chapters, thanks to two weeks early access to my main story and also soon-to-be exclusive access to short stories (or even have a chance at commissioning one when I add the tier for them!), why don't you check out my SubscribeStar! The basic tier gets early access and exclusive access to short stories (when they're written), higher tiers will be limited but get a short story each month (1-2 per month in total, also not yet running this tier yet, will announce when I'm starting!).

Thank you to all my patrons for their support over the past couple of years! Seriously, your support meant the world to me, and I hope to be set up somewhere new soon.

New chapters of Little in Love 2 every Wednesday/Sunday!

Also just a quick note: I don't mind people saving this story for personal reading. But I'd appreciate it if people didn't post it elsewhere, even if you're just suggesting it to other people. If you want to show others, please send them a link to the first page of this post! Thanks!

• Like 7

"I always don't know if this is good or bad, but I forgot about this trans thing as usual. It happens to me a lot, unfortunately.

I'm like, 'Ah, okay, you want to be called that and you belong to that gender, okay, I'll remember that.'

Otherwise, uh-oh, the baby thing comes out too.

That's going to be exciting."

Once again, just wonderful. Each character, each reaction. ❤️💕

On a somewhat personal note, my son’s life partner (female at birth), to whom he is married, came out as NB a few years ago. It’s been an adjustment for us. Interestingly enough, your writing has actually helped me be a little more conscious of my interactions with them. In particular, your careful attention to pronouns in all your stories (even with stuffies!) has helped a lot, so thank you for that.

Chapter 7: Crisis

“Good afternoon everyone.” I began, my heart racing a mile a minute as I stared out at the crowd in the hall we had gathered at later that day.

I looked over at Charlie in the audience, who just smiled and nodded at me. I could see the nervousness plastered across her face, but we both knew this was for the best. So I took a deep breath, looked out at the crowd of journalists and supporters… and exhaled.

“I’m sure you’ve seen the news. Heard the rumours. You’ve already probably come to your own conclusion, no matter if it’s true or not. So I’m here to address both of those, and to set the record straight.”

‘You can do it, Liv…’

“...I’m transgender. I was born male, but I medically transitioned thanks to hormones and nanites shortly after I was 18.”

A wave of hands shot up from the journalists. So I pointed to one who looked innocent enough… not that any of them are…

“What was your name before you had the sex change? The reports never told us of your name and since then all traces have been erased.”

“I don’t know who did that, but I will also not give out my old name. That was an old version of me, a version that wasn’t really me. I’m Olivia, and that’s it. I’m still the same person, still the same candidate. Now you just know a little bit more about me.” I responded, smiling awkwardly.

“Doesn’t that mean you’ve been lying to everyone the whole time about who you really are?” Another reporter butted in.

“Not at all. I’ve been open and honest about who I am, and this is who I am. Who I was has no impact on what kind of job I do.”

Another journalist held their hand up, so I nodded at them to speak.

“Sir… how are…”

Miss.” I corrected them, loudly.

“Sir…”

“Look, if you can’t be civil or even a decent human being, I don’t have to talk to you. Next question…”

That’s when I saw a little… a little in the sea of reporters and journalists.

They were holding their hand up, trying to get my attention, but they were swamped by the Amazons that were double her height.

“Err… the little right there, with the black hair…” I said, pointing at them. All the Amazons around her turned, shocked. They clearly hadn’t even acknowledged her existence. She was dressed in a smart little blouse, vest and skirt, and had to push her way to the front of the crowd to be properly visible to me.

“Hi… yes… umm…” She spoke so softly and so meekly, very much how I started off my political career. 

My anxiety is still bad even now, but after so many events and being forced into the limelight, I’ve gotten much better at speaking in public.

All the Amazons looked at her with a mix of disgust, pity and a hint of Amazon’s baby obsession. That look an Amazon gets when they see an unadopted little. The same look that ends up with them kidnapping and regressing said little.

So as the woman got the courage to speak, I opened my phone on my podium, and quickly texted Charlie.

‘This little reporter at risk. Pls take backstage. Keep safe. Worried bout her. Thx. <3’

Looking up at Charlie as she read the text, she nodded and started shuffling her way to the reporter as the little shuffled through her notepad.

“So… Miss Clarke… umm… sorry… this is a bit of a mess… I… don’t usually… aha! So Miss Clarke, what will you do about the safety of littles workers?”

“Oh… umm… I wasn’t expecting that. But I’d be happy to answer your question.” I began. I was honestly expecting her to talk about the reason we were holding this event now, the rumours. “As stated in my previous speeches, I plan on making it illegal to adopt a little without consent. This includes work where a little is set up to fail just so they can be adopted, and cancelling contracts that end up with the little being regressed if they fail or break the contract. I want to provide safe working conditions for littles so they can lead successful and happy lives without the fear of being adopted. I plan on creating opportunities and ideally I’d like to set up a process in which businesses are given the necessary tools to help hire little workers, such as taller chairs, step stools, smaller keyboards, and other such aids.”

The little looked satisfied with my answer as she smiled up at me.

“You say consent…” One Amazon interrupted, pushing her out the way. “But what about these rumours… the other ones? That you consented and enjoyed being Charlotte Williams’ ‘adopted’ baby…”

Charlie leant down to the reporter and whispered in her ear, who nodded back at her and followed her out of the crowd.

‘At least I can stop worrying about that little for now…’

I turned back to the Amazon asking the question.

“I consented to pretending to be adopted, yes. Sure, I had to go through humiliating experiences just to be with the woman I loved. Should I be blamed for that? Or be made to feel guilty or ashamed? No, I shouldn’t. This society is so far behind, and when we make even the slightest bit of progress, you Amazons shut it down and send us back decades. So when I fell in love with Charlotte, I had to play your system in order to just go out on simple dates. Did I enjoy the closeness and attention I got from my wife? Of course I did. Who wouldn’t? Tell me… would any of you Amazons turn down love and attention from your partner or spouse? Be honest with me.”

Everyone just looked at each other, awkwardly.

“Sure, there were some benefits to me being ‘adopted’ by Charlotte. I’m not saying it was all bad. That’s why I’m not saying we outlaw all adoptions completely. We need a safe, rigorous system that allows any little who wants to be adopted to do so, without fear of having their mind turned to mush and their body ruined by malicious Amazons wanting to sadistically torture a little. If a little wants it, for whatever reason, they should be able to be adopted by loving, caring parents. That’s why we should overhaul Little Social Services, ban all unconsenting adoptions, and make sure that no little is forced to consent. But to answer the rumours, no, I am not Charlotte Williams’ baby. She is my wife, and she played her role as Mummy perfectly when we were first dating. That is all.”

“What about those littles already adopted?” One Amazon journo asked, thankfully diverting attention away from the accusations.

“Then I believe depending on the level of their regression, they should be allowed to go through rehabilitation and eventually get their lives back, or… if they are too far gone, then they should be placed with Amazon parents who will love them and treat them fairly, not the ones who caused the regression.”

“So you support taking littles away from their parents?”

“Yes. Yes I do. If an Amazon parent is cruel enough to turn their little’s mind to mush, they don’t deserve to be parents.”

The room seemed split on this. But then again, most of these work for all the big name newspapers and media outlets… the ones owned by billionaires. Billionaires who earned their fortune off the backs of, and from the exploitation of, littles. So of course these people were going to be biassed against me. So I continued.

“But considering the development of treatment regarding un-regressing littles… I believe that in no time at all we’re looking at a world where we can rehabilitate any regressed little, no matter how far they’re gone.”

Lots more mumbling and angry faces. I could tell they were going to start getting vicious.

I wanted to scream at them. I wanted to tell them where to go and where to stick it. But I had to be the bigger person, even if I was half their height.

Charlie had returned, though this time at the side of the stage, and she could clearly see the effect this press event was having on me. So she confidently walked out, nodding and smiling at the cameras and the crowd.

“Miss Williams, Miss Williams…” Everyone called out to her for questions.

The fact they called her ‘Miss’ instead of ‘Mrs’ makes it clear they still don’t see our marriage as a real thing. Which just pissed me off more.

Thankfully, Charlie ignored them, walked up to the podium and put her hand on my shoulder, before lifting the microphone up to her mouth.

“Sorry, that’s all we’ve got for today. My wife and I have some important business to take care of.”

“DOES YOUR BABY NEED A NAPPY CHANGE?” One reporter joked, laughing out loud, causing the rest of the crowd to laugh along with them.

“No, but if you’re not careful, you’ll be needing one soon…” Charlie growled to herself, away from the microphone, before placing it back and leading me off towards the edge of the stage.

“Are you okay, sweetie?” She asked in that soft, reassuring tone of hers.

“I… that… it’s never been that bad…” I replied, on the verge of tears… or a tantrum. I wasn't sure which it would be right now.

“I know hun. It’s okay though. It’s over now…”

“Why’s it so bad now?” I asked Charlie as I sat down on the sofa in the office in the back, sipping a glass of water slowly.

My nerves were shot. I had had some shitty reporters in the past, but this time… it felt like an all out attack on me. Could it really be because I’m trans? I didn’t know, but it left me visibly shaking, needing both hands on my glass. Tears were forming in my eyes and it was only a matter of time until they started streaming down my face.

Our team had left Charlie and I alone, they could probably see how messed up I was right now.

“I think it’s a bit of transphobia, the fact it’s very very close to the election, and now they feel like they’ve got ammo against you. We had the general public’s support… at least like seventy percent anyway. But this… this may turn them against us.”

“Because I’m trans?”

“No, oh sweetie no. Maybe we’ll lose a few bigoted supporters because of that. No, I think it’s the fact the media now feels empowered. They’ll do whatever they can to tarnish your reputation.”

“So we’re fucked then…”

“Language…” Charlie warned me. It had been a while.

“Sorry… I just… All because I pretended to be your baby? Ugh… maybe I shouldn’t be your baby even in private… maybe that’s just not meant to be. The rights of littles are more important than…”

“No! Stop that train of thought right there. You are not letting those pigheaded arseholes ruin one of the things that makes you you. Your baby side is important, and it’s important to me. Sure, we’ll have to be extra careful when we do that stuff, but we are certainly not giving it up, living in fear because of some arsehole Amazons who want to turn all littles into mindless babies.”

“But…”

“No buts. Except your cute butt. That’s it.”

“Also… language…” I stopped crying and looked up at her, smiling.

“That’s my line…” She replied, rolling her eyes at me and smiling back.

“Yeah… then set a better standard. I’m an easily influenced little baby, after all…” I grinned at her.

“Yes you are… so, how about we call off the rest of the day and go home and snuggle. Me and my baby…”

“But what about…”

“Chris and the team? They agree with me that you need a break tonight. We’ve got a busy few days ahead of us.”

“Okay… OH!”

“What is it, sweetie?”

“That reporter? Did you get her out safely?”

“I was about to call her a ride to wherever she needs to go.”

“So she’s still here?”

“Yes, why?”

“I’d like to speak to her…”

Eeeeee! I'm so glad I could help some of you with my stories ^_^ And I'm glad my trans characters are respected, appreciated and loved by so many ^_^

Also if you haven't seen, I'm now up and running on Subscribestar! (Sorry for the reminder again, trying to get my subscribers back after the Patreon rubbish!)

2 of 4 chapters of my Christmas special, are up on SubscribeStar as a timed exclusive (any of the commissioned short stories I end up writing will only be there, but this is a Christmas special so I'm thinking of posting it here for free just after Christmas maybe. We'll see anyway).

I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! Please leave likes and comments and all that fun stuff, I love reading them!

If you want to read the next 4 chapters, thanks to two weeks early access to my main story and also soon-to-be exclusive access to short stories (or even have a chance at commissioning one when I add the tier for them!), why don't you check out my SubscribeStar! The basic tier gets early access and exclusive access to short stories (when they're written), higher tiers will be limited but get a short story each month (1-2 per month in total, also not yet running this tier yet, will announce when I'm starting!).

Thank you to all my patrons for their support over the past couple of years! Seriously, your support meant the world to me, and I hope to be set up somewhere new soon.

Also just a quick note: I don't mind people saving this story for personal reading. But I'd appreciate it if people didn't post it elsewhere, even if you're just suggesting it to other people. If you want to show others, please send them a link to the first page of this post! Thanks!

• Like 8

Chapter 8: Exclusive

As I walked into the back room where Charlie had stashed the little reporter, the timid little journalist stood up and smiled awkwardly at me.

“Mrs Clarke… I… I… Thank you! I had heard whispers in that crowd, it sounded like a bunch of them were planning on adopting me. I knew this was a bad idea…” She stuttered her way through her appreciation.

“It’s okay, you’re okay now.” I smiled at her, trying to reassure her as best I could with a friendly face.

I motioned to Charlie to leave the two of us alone, so my wife nodded and left. Walking over to the chair opposite the reporter, I sat down and crossed my legs.

“Sorry, I never got your name.” I said, watching the other little shuffle nervously.

“Rachel. Rachel Cooke. I… I wasn’t even meant to be here today.”

“What happened?”

“My editor had assigned our best reporter on this…”

‘Best? Wow, I didn’t realise I warranted such attention. Or maybe they wanted their best so they could take me down…’ I thought to myself.

“But then she went into labour, and all other reporters were assigned other jobs. I… I was the only one left. She wasn’t due for another week or two! I wasn’t… I wasn’t meant to…”

“What was your role? Were you a journalist yourself?”

Junior journalist. Basically I got the lunch orders, did research for them, and made the tea. I got myself through university for… this.”

“I understand. University for us littles is hell, so well done for that. Sorry that it ended up like this. This is what I hope to change.”

“You make all these promises… but can you keep them?” Rachel’s face dropped in disappointment. She really didn’t expect me to keep these promises.

“I hope I can. But obviously I’m still only going to be one MP of a much larger political party. I don’t know if I can manage it alone. Maybe we don’t get everything we want through, maybe we don’t get my dream of equality for littles. But maybe… just maybe… we get as close to it as possible.”

“So you’re not just a dreamer, you understand the reality of the world… that’s nice to hear. Though I’m not going to lie, I wish your dream would come real.” She laughed with a slight sigh of hopelessness.

“Sadly that dream isn’t without its sacrifices. So we’ll aim to improve the lives of littles. Even just electing a little MP is a huge step.”

“Why aren’t you honest when you're up on that stage?” She asked.

“I am… mostly. But you know exactly what would happen if I got up on that stage and even caved slightly to the Amazons. They’d tear me apart. So I keep the hopes up, I keep the dream going. If I win my seat and we win the majority, maybe I can start to enact some of the policies I have in mind. And then maybe that will lead to more progress and even better little politicians than me, making even bigger changes. Maybe I don’t manage the big picture, but I get it rolling at least. I need to focus on that because if I win and go in guns blazing, trying to make a huge change but end up failing, I will not only be risking my career… but my marriage. If I fail, they’ll most likely annul my marriage to Charlie and she’ll end up being my Mummy… for real this time.” I said, laughing awkwardly at that last part.

“Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?”

“Why do you think I’m here?” I smiled at her.

“Oh… I just thought you were helping me out of that crowd of Amazons.”

“I was, but then I would have just sent you home in a car. No, I thought you might like an… exclusive. That would get you in your boss’ good graces, correct?”

“Really? An exclusive? But you… you’ve never done that before.”

“I know. But you’re the first little reporter I’ve met. And if I can help you, whilst getting my message out there… without it being distorted by Amazons… then even better. So ask away…”

“So we’ve all heard Miss Williams’ side of the story, we’ve all read her book.” Rachel said as she pulled out her notepad and voice recorder.

“Did you like it?” I asked.

“I did. I won’t lie… I was a bit nervous at first. I was really hesitant about even giving it a chance. But a few friends of mine insisted I read it. It was… eye opening. I’ll be honest, I never even considered the possibility of Amazons and littles dating. So… I have to ask, when you first met her… were you scared she was going to adopt you?”

“Oh for sure. With nearly every Amazon I meet I have to prepare for the worst. All us littles have experienced Amazons who appear friendly and trustworthy… only to betray us and stick us in nappies. I’m sure you’ve probably had the same experience…”

“I… yes. I have. So what made you so sure Charlotte was trustworthy?”

“I didn’t, at first. I still had the feeling I was making a huge mistake even just hanging out with her. That’s how ingrained our fear of Amazons is. That’s the sort of thing I want to change.”

“So onto another topic… you want to make adoptions illegal… unless it’s consensual?” Rachel asked, looking sceptical.

“Yes, exactly. If it’s illegal to kidnap littles and regress them, then it’ll eventually improve relations between littles and Amazons. Over time Amazons will start to see littles as equals, and littles won’t be so frightened of Amazons. I know a number of Amazons now that I trust with my life, my wife included. I want all littles to feel like that.”

“Hopefully we’ll get there. But what about the resistance?” She asked.

“Resistance?” I asked, wondering if she was talking about LIBRA or not. LIBRA working with my political party was not a secret, but I had been put forward as a candidate by the party itself, not LIBRA. Though in reality it was very much LIBRA putting me forward, we figured it was best not to make that known to the public, instead making it look like I was an independent little running for MP due to the popularity of Charlie’s book.

“Yeah, the resistance to your attempts at change.”

‘Thank fuck…’ I thought to myself.

“Oh, honestly… that group is growing smaller and smaller each month. The swing by the general public towards littles rights has been huge, and in such a short amount of time, plus I don’t think it’s stopping there. They may complain, they may argue, they may even try to adopt us… but that won’t stop this movement.”

“Aren’t you worried it could just swing back the other way in just a short amount of time?”

“I’m not naive. I know rights can be lost just as easily as they can be gained. But this is an important step. Even if we only accomplish the groundwork, the foundations, whilst I’m MP, then I’m happy. Because we can build it higher and higher until our country is fair for everyone, no matter their height.”

“You say height, but we also know that Amazons are biologically different from us littles, not just in height difference.”

“You’re talking about the maternal urge Amazon women have?”

“Exactly. What are you going to do to help those with that? Because even if you do manage to make adoptions illegal… Amazon women will still want to baby us.”

“I would like to invest more into the issues regarding Amazons’ fertility. We all know that has been an issue for a while now, and I believe, with enough funding, that we can overcome this and find a solution. If the Amazon birth rate can increase, then I believe adoptions of littles will fall.”

“But even Amazon mothers with Amazon children get those urges towards littles. They still want to adopt us and baby us…”

“And for those, I believe we can also come up with a solution. The problem isn’t the possibility of creating solutions, but the funding for them. Because whilst we could solve this crisis… why would any Amazon want to right now? If they can’t procreate, they just adopt a little to satiate their needs. Why invest in something when there is already a solution for them? The key thing is that it’s a solution for them, not everyone. It screws over us littles, taking away our futures, ruining our lives… all for the sake of an Amazon’s maternal urges. When medically… I believe we could just inhibit those urges.”

“But would you force these ‘inhibitors’ on Amazons?”

“Not at all. I don’t believe you should force anything on anyone. But they also can’t just go around snatching people from their lives and wiping their minds. It's… inhumane.”

“You talk about wiping minds… What about hypnosis? In fact… What about the business regarding littles and their adoptions? There’s big money in the adoption of littles…”

“Don’t I know it?” I laughed. “I’ve received lots of threats from these companies. I’ve even had a few attempts at trying to wipe my mind. But I won’t let them win. You want to know my solution for them? Deal with it.”

“Deal with it? That’s a bit… blunt, isn’t it?” Her eyebrow raised at me.

“They can adapt and move with the times, or be a forgotten relic. They’ll still get lots of business from the other… many… countries that still allow unregulated adoptions, they’ll just have to either adopt a new strategy for our country… or leave.”

“But what about the investment…”

“See, this is where your Amazon editors and teachers are showing their bias. Who cares about ‘investments’ and ‘profits’ and all these other things when it’s people’s lives on the line? I would sacrifice a hundred GLC clones rather than sacrifice one little.”

“Off the record… I agree with you, Miss Clarke.”

“You can call me Olivia. And I’m glad. I want these companies to shake in their boots. They won’t stop me. They can attack me as much as they want. Hell, this is what this whole trans panic thing is… just another attack on me.”

“I… umm…”

“What is it?”

“Is it okay if I ask you about that now? You didn’t give much information out at the briefing…”

“Go ahead. But if I don’t feel comfortable, I’ll end the interview, okay?”

Though I had lived in stealth most of my life, thanks to Faith’s nanites, once word was out that I was trans, I adopted a ‘happy to answer anything, provided it’s not offensive’ approach. If it ever got uncomfortable or offensive, I’d just walk away. Thankfully no one in my life had gone that far with the questions, they were all respectable. And now the cat’s out of the bag… I’d have to be extra careful now I’m in the public eye.

“That’s understandable. So… when did you…?”

“You want to know when I figured out I was trans? How I transitioned? What my deadname was? I won’t tell you, but I will say I figured it out pretty early, though it didn’t quite click that I might be transgender until much later on in my teens. I just knew I wasn’t… a boy. It just never clicked that I may actually have been a girl. No, I didn’t do the whole ‘played with dolls’ thing as a kid either, that’s just an overused stereotype. I just… I just didn’t do anything the boys liked. As to how I transitioned, I can’t say. And I won’t discuss my deadname either.”

Thankfully David had wiped all evidence of my deadname from the internet. It’s hard to erase the fact I had lived as a boy in my childhood, but at least he got my old name. Because fuck that name. I love my Mum, and she has good taste when it comes to names… but she got that one wrong.

“Fair enough. How about your parents? Were they accepting when you came out?”

“It was a shock to them, sure. I mean who wouldn’t be shocked if their son said they were really their daughter?”

“How long did they take to adapt to your new pronouns?”

“A while. It wasn’t easy, but they managed it. Now it’s like I had never been a boy, they only see me as their daughter.”

“And your wife… did she know before the news broke out, or did you tell her?”

“I told her, and all my friends, way before it was revealed in the press. It did not change a single thing, she’s one of my biggest supporters.”

“That’s lovely to hear! My old university friend was trans.”

Was?” I asked, though a large part of me didn’t want to know.

“I… don’t ask. It was not a good ending. But then… when is it really a good ending for any of us littles?” She sighed.

“That’s why we have to change it.”

“Agreed.”

“Right, well I think I need to get going. I’ve got a lot to do before the election, so time is precious. I hope I answered enough?”

“Plenty, my editor will love this! Though how much he spins it into an attack on you…”

“Look, you’re a journalist with a heart. Which is rare. So if you ever need help, I’ll give you a number. Whether it’s a job or whatever, or just need help escaping an Amazon… you give me a call okay?”

“You… you’re okay with doing that?”

“Of course. I’d offer you a job right now, but staffing isn’t really up to me. I could put a good word in for…”

“No, thank you, it’s okay. My job is rough… especially right now… my editor haaates your party for even lending you the slightest bit of respectability, but I’ll be okay. I’ll let you know if that changes…”

“Please do. It was lovely talking to you, Miss Cooke.”

“It was lovely talking to you too, Mrs Clarke. I hope… I hope we get to speak again…” She said as she packed up her little notebook and voice recorder into her bag and stood up.

I followed suit and got up, shaking her hand and showing her out of the room. As I opened the door, Charlie was sitting outside on a chair, playing on her phone.

Rachel nodded and smiled at Charlie, before walking off, towards the exit.

“So… how’d it go?” Charlie asked.

“She seems nice.” I replied, smiling and waving as Rachel left.

“You do know her editor will just cut it into a hate piece about you? I did warn you…”

“I know, but I’ve got a feeling, in the long run, that meeting Miss Cooke will further our plans.”

“I hope you’re right. Right… you ready to go now kiddo?” Charlie asked, standing up and holding out her hand.

“Hey! Careful with the babyish shit! We’re in public!” I whispered as loudly as I could at my wife.

“Language…” Charlie warned me, grinning down at me.

Hope you're all having a happy festive period and get everything that you want from Santa! I'm still not sure when I'll be posting the Christmas short story special, but it'll probably be in the time between Christmas and New Year. Maybe one chapter a day or something. It's only about four chapters, and I'll be posting the third today on my subscribestar, and the fourth tomorrow.

Also if you haven't seen, I'm now up and running on Subscribestar! (Sorry for the reminder again, trying to get my subscribers back after the Patreon rubbish!)

• Like 6

Nice chapter.

I'm curious to see what the editor will make of the interview.

I suspect that Charlie will have to call in the favor from Freya in the course of the story.

I'm really curious.

I could also imagine that there will be election fraud that is very obvious and if Liv protests against it she will be classified as immature and Charlie will also be taken away so that a "decent mommy" can take care of her.

P.S. Happy holidays to you

Hmmm…Nothing ever happens by chance/accident in an LFP story. Looks like we may have a new team member…maybe PR? Maybe Rachel needs help from the gang in a chapter or two. Love it and look forward to where you take us!

Chapter 9: Attempt

It’s the day before the election.

The dread in my heart was building up, and I was close to losing what little stability I still had in me. Thankfully, I had Charlie, who was my rock through this whole thing. Honestly, I don’t think I could have gotten this far without her support. And I’m not talking about her book, which pretty much made this possible. No, it’s her love, her support, her understanding… that’s what kept me going.

And whilst we had had no Mummy/baby time since the rumour started spreading, often feeling too awkward to start it… even in private… we snuggled up close on the sofa as we ate toast and watched the news, just like we do when I’m feeling babyish.

“So… what’s on the agenda today?” I asked Charlie as she took a bite of her toast.

Finishing her bite, she swallowed before looking down at me. “Hmm… snuggles, kisses, getting us both dressed and out the door for one last press event, world domination, freeing all littles, saving a couple of Goddesses again, followed by snuggles tonight to calm you down before the election tomorrow.”

“Sounds good…” I replied, trying to keep my face as straight as possible, hiding the laughter that was building up within me.

“So… Do you want to do anything special tonight, to celebrate getting to this point?” She asked me.

“Surely we should celebrate if I win?”

“We need to celebrate every little win, darling. So do you want me to get you something special to eat? I’d be happy to cook…”

“Nah, honestly as long as I get to snuggle with you tonight, I’ll be happy. Maybe… maybe I could wear a onesie or something and maybe…”

“Maybe… be a baby? Of course we can do that, sweetpea. It’s been too long. I know we’ve both been nervous after the rumours spread, so we’ve not been engaging in that kind of thing… but I think you need it. So once we’re home tonight, you’re my little baby, understand?”

“Yes… Mummy…” I beamed up at her. It was nice to call her that again. She was right, it had been too long. The rumours had ruined that for us… but no… I wouldn’t let the Amazons take that from me and ruin it.

“So… let’s finish your breakfast, then I’ll get you dressed, then we’ve got a meeting this morning, followed by another press event.”

“Can… can I…” I pointed down… towards her chest.

“Later, sweetie. I’ll need to get a refill of those pills from Eve, but we’ve got enough to feed you tonight so you don’t lose control. Because that would be very awkward just before the election!”

I blushed and took a bite of toast, happy inside that I’d get to nurse later. It had been too long, and it never failed to make me blushy and happy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“So the latest polls say it’s going to be a close contest.” Chris said as he sat on a booster seat at the end of the table in his smart, expensive suit.

Meanwhile I sat at the opposite end, on my own booster seat. And in between us were the numerous Amazons who worked on my campaign team, all smartly dressed.

“How close?” I asked, looking a bit out of place. Whilst they made sure to dress me up if I’m ever appearing on stage or on camera, any other time I was just allowed to wear what I wanted. And I haaaated suits. Hated the uniforms in school… hated whenever I’d have to wear a suit as a kid. So I opted for the smartest blouse and skirt I had, but it still didn’t feel half as smart as this lot. Even Charlie had dressed in one of her pantsuits… looking absolutely gorgeous in it, I might add.

“Like… every vote counts.” Replied Chris.

“Is there anything else we can do now?”

“Just make sure this last event goes well. If it even swings a few votes in our favour, that could be it for us.”

“So… no pressure…” I said, rolling my eyes and taking a deep breath… panic starting to really set in.

Charlie stood behind me and must have seen me shuffling awkwardly, as she quickly put her hands on my shoulders… which reassured me and helped calm me a bit.

“So what happens?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” Chris replied.

“Tomorrow.”

“You go out and vote. You get photographed doing so, obviously. All candidates do. So make sure you dress smart and professional. Maybe… a bit more than this right now, please?” He said, pointing at the outfit I was wearing currently.

“Got it. But I meant more about the results. I’ve never actually voted or given a crap about politics before, and I know it’s been explained to me a few times, but just for clarity’s sake and to make me feel a bit more at ease…?”

It’s true, I’ve never voted. Why would I? No political party has ever had the interests of littles on their agenda. They’re all cruel, sadistic, typical Amazons who want to make it worse for us. I don’t actually know many littles who do vote in elections, as it’s usually too dangerous, much like everything in life. Adoptions are pretty common at polling stations, but at least this time Chris managed to create safe areas around every polling station so that littles can go and vote safely. I have no idea how he managed it… the current government wouldn’t let that happen as that would increase the littles votes… which would be bad for them.

Because so far, most polls put littles voting for the Green Democrats. Like… nearly every single little they asked has said they’ll be voting for us. Mostly because of… well… me. Which was still a weird feeling, knowing I was responsible for all this…

And in regards to who can vote… well any unadopted little can vote, provided they haven’t been given a judgement of maturosis, of course. Which is why adoptions at polling stations are common… Amazons want to deter littles from voting, and what better way to stop them voting than to adopt them so they can never legally vote? It’s cruel… but it works. And it’s definitely something I’d stop if I do win.

The meeting continued for an hour or so. I kinda lost track of time though as it was dragging on and I was bored. Which made me feel guilty, as if I do manage to somehow win my seat, whether the party wins or not… I’m going to have to go to a lot of boring committees and sessions and meetings. But at least then I’ll feel like I’m making a change, not sitting here worrying about the election tomorrow.

Thankfully it was over now, and everyone shuffled out, leaving Chris, Charlie and myself alone.

“So how are you doing?” Chris asked me.

“Oh yeah I’m fine…” I shrugged.

“Be honest…”

“Oh I’m nervous as fuck and I’m close to having a panic attack and a meltdown… so yeah…”

“Thought so. Why don’t you two take it easy until the press event in an hour? Go have a coffee or something. There’s nothing more you can do now, just make sure you turn up on time and are prepared.”

Charlie happily took that advice and grabbed my hand, pulling me off the seat and walking off, out of the conference room. I hastily waved goodbye to Chris and was pulled out… apparently to get coffee…

“I’ll have a…”

I didn’t even get to order anything before a large Amazon woman pushed in front of me, knocking me out of the way.

Charlie and I figured we’d try this place, as it’s where Elise used to work, and she had said they’ve got new management and are a lot more little-friendly now, and seeing as it was close to our offices… It was a perfect opportunity.

“Excuse me… I was here first…” I said, without even thinking.

Living with Charlie, being surrounded by Amazons who treated me like a normal person and not a little, having the life I do… I forgot one of the main rules of being outside in a world full of Amazons trying to adopt you… don’t piss them off.

I had forgotten that. I had gotten used to married life where I was safe from adoption and only ever went to places we knew were safe and with people we knew. It’s why I thought it was a good idea to go get a coffee myself, instead of asking Charlie to do it. Instead, Charlie was in the booth whilst I went and got the drinks.

“What was that, little baby?” The straight black-haired Amazon woman turned around and looked down at me.

“I… no… nevermind…” I instantly backed down, my evasive manner returning as it was natural to me.

“No… go on…” The woman got angrier, tapping her foot on the ground and crossing her arms.

“I… just said… I was here first…”

“And? You’re just a little baby. Oh I know, you want a milk!” The woman turned around and spoke to the barista, “And a bottle of milk for this baby.”

“I…” The barista replied.

But the woman ignored their reply, and turned back to me.

“Maybe I should take you home… my parents have been pushing me to adopt and you are very cute…”

“Sorry Miss… I’m taken…” I replied.

“Don’t be silly, if you were you wouldn’t be in these ridiculous work clothes. Now come here…”

Without hesitation, she bent down and grabbed me with both hands, lifting me up into her arms and placing me on her hip.

My heart was racing. It had been so long since this happened to me and… and… I did not miss it!

“Hmm… I think I’ll call you… Maria? I think you look like a Maria…”

That’s when I heard a crash of dishes and cutlery coming from the other side of the shop.

Followed by the heavy footsteps of heels.

“Get. Your hands. Off her. NOW!” Charlie roared.

“Sorry Miss, you missed out, I’m claiming her.” The woman replied, shrugging Charlie off.

“I think you’ll find I already claimed her…” Charlie growled, lifting up her left hand and pointing at her ring finger.

So as the woman’s face dropped, her mouth opening wide in shock, I lifted my hand up and showed her my wedding band too. She looked back at me and you could see the little cogs working in her head… working overtime, clearly. Until she finally came to the realisation of just who we were.

“You… you’re…”

“Olivia Clarke, yes. And this is my WIFE, Charlotte Williams.” I replied, smugly.

The woman dropped me in an instant. The fall to the floor hurt so much, but seeing her face look so ashamed… she was mortified. It was worth the pain in my backside.

“I… I…”

“Sorry Miss, but you’ll have to leave. We don’t allow adoptions here, and we can refuse service to anyone who tries to adopt one of our customers… the barista said, winking down at me as I sat on my arse on the cold floor.

“I… fine…” The woman said before rushing off in a huff, crashing out the door to the shop and disappearing out of view.

“Sorry about that.” The barista said to me as I sat on the floor still. “It’s my first day and I… well I’m still a bit nervous about standing up to Amazons like that… I know it’s company policy but…

“Don’t worry about it…” I replied, as Charlie helped me up onto my feet. “But… you’re an Amazon?”

“Haha, no, I’m on a stepstool right now. I’m a betweener. So not as bad as your lot in life… but still not great.”

“Well thanks for the assist.” I smiled up at them, shuffling my skirt so it wasn’t ruined.

“No problem. Hey, after all that, your order is on me. What can I get you?”

I think I may post the Christmas short story on Sunday, so you've got that to look forward to!

• Like 7

Chapter 10: Election

Today’s the day.

It’s all been leading to this.

In just a few short hours, I’d go out and vote. For myself.

And my wife would be there, also voting for me.

Just that thought… that people, including myself, would be voting for me to sit as an MP, representing them… a little in an Amazon world… If you had told me a few years ago this would happen, I never would have believed you.

I was nervous as hell about everything. The newspapers would no doubt be going full steam ahead with every anti-little article, so there was that to fight against. I had never actually voted and was nervous about that too, because no doubt the people at the polling station will look down on me like every Amazon in power does. And then there’s the question of… just how many littles will actually turn up and vote today?

Most littles won’t vote. Due to either having no parties that stand up for us, or because they’re scared of being adopted at the polling stations. But now that they’ve been assured it’s safe to vote this year… and having a little candidate looking out for them, me, then… not even the polls had a clue as to whether or not the little turnout would be good or not this year.

And even then, after all that nervousness regarding voting… that’s not even taking into account the fear of if I’m going to win or not! That was my biggest fear, so in my usual self-sabotagey way… I pushed it to the back of my mind and focused on all the other fears bringing me down this morning, as I sat next to Charlie on the sofa, watching the news.

“Recent polls say the little has about 30% of the vote…” The reporter on the TV said, showing a graph that showed me trailing behind the main candidate.

“Thirty percent is good! You’re a solid second. Very rarely does someone get such a large portion of the votes…” Charlie said, trying to reassure me.

“But it’s still not enough…” I replied, sighing.

“I know, but you also can’t trust these polls. They are biassed towards Amazons and anti-littles groups. You heard what Chris said about them…”

“I know, they will make it look like I’m trailing in second… but still… what if they’re right?”

“We’ll know this time tomorrow.”

“I don’t know if I’m going to be able to sleep…”

“Well I don’t think you should stay up all night, but I don’t blame you, I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep either. I mean I could always nurse you, without Eve’s pills…” Charlie giggled.

“Don’t joke about that! You’d just be dealing with the extra messy nappies!” I replied, sticking my tongue out.

“But you look so adorable… knocked out in my arms like that…”

I pouted at her, before climbing to my feet, carefully balancing on the sofa cushion next to my wife, before reaching up and planting a kiss on her cheek.

“What’s that for?” Charlie asked.

“Because I wanted to.”

“Well, aren't I a lucky Mummy?” She laughed.

“I’m the lucky one!”

Charlie suddenly pounced on me, knocking me back onto the sofa cushions, pinning me down on my back as she stared hungrily into my eyes, biting her lower lip.

“Shame we’ve got a few hours until we need to go out and vote… the things I can do to you in that time…”

“Do tell…” I grinned at her.

“Oh I’m not going to tell you anything. Let me show you…”

So we passed the time.

I won’t go into detail, you can pretty much guess what we did to occupy ourselves. Though don’t blame me if your thoughts aren’t exactly… pure.

“Right… are you ready, sweetie?” Charlie asked, as she adjusted my cardigan so it looked perfect.

I had no idea what to wear for this. If I wasn’t going to be photographed, I’d just wear jeans and a shirt or something. And yeah, as a dressmaker you’d think I’d know these kinds of things. And yes I do… for other people. For myself… I’m the most indecisive person ever and would have given up and gone in casual clothing, if not for Charlie.

Thankfully, she had picked out a really smart amethyst dress that flowed down to my ankles, some high heels, and a cute little black cardigan. She had even done my hair up nicely, making me look like I was ready for some kind of black tie event.

“Isn’t this a bit overkill?” I asked her.

“Not at all, sweetie. You need to look good and, most importantly, like an adult. I know Chris put those safety buffers around polling stations, and you’re protected by our marriage, but we can’t risk anything to damage your image. I know it sucks, sweetie, but it’s important. And hey, I love how you look…”

“Then that’s all I need. As long as I make my wife happy, I’m happy.”

“You’re a little sweetheart, you know that?”

“I try…” I grinned up at her.

Charlie had opted for a blouse and suit combo, looking smart and stylish all in one go. And I don’t know if she wanted the matching amethyst thing or if it was just pure coincidence (which it was clearly not, she had definitely done this on purpose…), but her blouse matched my dress perfectly. Her hair was flowing down one side, down her shoulder, and she just looked… unf… let’s just say I wanted to ‘pass the time’ with her a little more…

“Let’s get going then, sweetpea. We’ve got a busy day today. First we need to meet up with Chris and go vote, then we’ll go back to the office where apparently the team has a list of things we’re to do to encourage people to go out and vote at the last minute. After the polls close… that’s when it’s going to be hard. We won’t get the results until morning, most likely.”

As I walked out of the polling station, which was a local library on any other day, after casting my vote, I found myself hounded by the press. Charlie stood behind me, like a guard dog ready to pounce on anyone who may even think of trying to get to me.

“OLIVIA? OLIVIA?” A bunch of the journos yelled at me, trying to get my attention.

“You should say something.” Charlie whispered down to me. Nodding at her, I turned my attention to the group of Amazon reporters and walked over to them.

“So the polls say you’re trailing behind. If you lose, will this prove you’re just another little with maturosis? Will your wife adopt you?”

I cleared my throat and squeezed my fists as I tried my best to calm down and to not make a scene. I had an image to uphold… at least that’s what Chris and the team said. It was always about maintaining that image.

“If I do lose, then that is the will of the public. It is not a sign of maturosis, and I will not be adopted by my wife. If everyone was to fall at some point in their life, would they just give up? Is that what society is teaching us? That if we fail we clearly can’t be trusted to improve… to learn from our failures? What about all the other candidates who are running? All the Amazon ones? Are they to be deemed immature and resigned to nappies for the rest of their lives? No. Because they’re allowed to learn from their failures and try to do better with their lives.”

“You say to learn from your failures… Does this mean if you lose you’ll run again? Or does it mean that littles should have no place in politics?” A smarmy little shit of an Amazon said as he grinned at me, holding a microphone out.

“If I lose, then I will discuss this with my party, and with my team. Then we will figure out the best course of action. But again, this is all dependent on if I lose today.”

“The polls show you’re going to lose.” Another reporter reminded me, sounding ridiculously cocky.

“And? As if we haven’t had surprising results in the past. Others have won out of nowhere. Maybe I will too.” I remembered that Chris, or one of the Amazons on our team, told me this silly fact. At the time I couldn’t care less, I genuinely wasn’t expecting to win, so I didn’t bother listening to some facts to try and rally my spirits. Turns out I remembered that fact and it actually came in handy. Not that the ‘surprising results’ were that surprising. Not on the level of a little winning an election, anyway…

“That will be all.” Charlie interrupted, putting her hands on my shoulders and steering me away from the crowd. 

They all tried calling after me, but the police held them back so they couldn’t follow me back towards the black sedan parked on the side of the nearby street.

Climbing into the car, with the help of Charlie, I got strapped into the booster seat and stretched my legs. Charlie brushed her hand against my cheek and I felt a jolt of pleasure run through my body as she smiled at me, before closing the door.

‘God… I love that woman so much.’ I thought to myself as I felt my heart pounding in my chest and my knees feeling… weak. I know we have this bond thing between us, but it feels so amazing that even after all this time being married to her, I was still as giddy and in love with her as I was on our first date. Especially given all that we’ve gone through just to be together.

So as she climbed in the seat next to me, I grabbed her hand and squeezed it, looking into her eyes longingly and the corner of my mouth peaking into a small smile.

“You okay, baby?” Charlie asked, looking concerned.

“I… yeah. I just…”

“Just what?”

“I fucking love you.”

Charlie’s gorgeous smile appeared and made the flutter in my heart start going into overdrive.

Language…” Said the voice from the front seat… our driver.

“Thanks Claire… I was just about to…” Charlie said, before getting cut off by our friend.

“Don’t you start either, I swear, you two need to get a room. I agreed to be your driver, I’m not some witness to the most awkward but sweetest romcom ever.” Claire laughed, before starting the engine and driving off, with us two lovebirds in the back… blushing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After a long, stressful day that was full of anxiety and waiting for the polls to close, and after a very restless night’s sleep… in which I maybe got like three hours at most and Charlie got even less than that… we got up early and headed to the hall where the results were being counted and called.

And as I stood on stage, next to a handful of Amazons all running for the same seat as me, including the current conservative MP trying desperately to hold on to his position, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest any moment.

Despite having Charlie in the audience, smiling at me, as well as a few of our friends and associates… I was nervous as hell right now and my heart was beating a mile a minute. My hands felt sweaty, I felt woozy… but I had to hold on and appear strong. Not just to appear strong against my opponents… but because if I show any sign of weakness in front of these reporters, they’ll no doubt push the maturosis thing and try to get my adult status revoked. So I held on hard, clutching my wrists and trying to focus on Charlie’s nervous smile.

The other candidates sneered and laughed at me when I came and stood next to them. They still didn’t believe I even deserved a place on this stage with them. Not because I had no experience in politics… but purely because I’m a little. They all looked down at me. I could see it in their eyes… Most of them would love to adopt me if they could. At least my marriage to Charlie kept that from happening.

But this was it. Voting ended last night and people were up all night counting the votes. Apparently there had been more votes this election than any other previously. The turnout was incredible, apparently. Though that just made me more nervous. Did that many Amazons just not want me sitting in parliament?

I was in a smart blouse, with a smart black jacket and skirt. Charlie had picked this out specifically, and the team had given the go ahead, though at this point I don’t think it mattered. The votes were in. I could have turned up in a bin liner and it wouldn’t be able to influence anything. But still… on the very very very slight chance I did somehow manage to sneak in a victory today… I needed to appear professional. Plus if I lose, I need to appear as much of an adult as possible, otherwise people will start calling for my adoption, just like the previous little who ran for parliament.

The speaker walked out, making sure to sneer at me along the way, before walking to the podium in the middle. Typical Amazon, dressed in his fancy, probably very expensive, suit… he placed something on the podium and looked out to the crowd.

Everyone went silent.

I had noticed that there was no step stool or anything for the podium. Which really boosted my confidence with the fact no one here thinks I have a hope in hell's chance of winning this. They expect an Amazon to walk out and address the crowd, after being declared victorious, so why would they need a step stool?

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. I have the results here.” He addressed the crowd, opening the paper in front of him. “We had a total of 76,196 votes cast that were not fraudulent or invalid. This is out of a total electorate of 89,642, which means we have hit an all time record high for voting turnout of 85%. This is… well, this is unprecedented, but also a wonderful sight!”

Everyone clapped to each other, looking around at each other, surprised at the huge turnout.

“So without further ado… In last place with 0.04% of the vote, Harriett Smith, running as an independent, with 33 votes.”

‘Well at least I didn’t come last… that would have been embarrassing.’ I thought to myself as a small gathering clapped at the back and Mrs Smith waved awkwardly at them.

“In fourth place, with 1,341 votes, equalling 1.76% of the vote, is Brian Taylor-Smythe of the Amazon Family League.

My blood boiled at the mere utterance of his party.

The ‘Amazon Family League, or AFL, was a traditional party for Amazons, wanting traditional Amazon values, very much like the Trad Conservatives. But whereas some Trad Cons allowed littles some adulthood… the AFL would allow none if they were ever to come into power. They want all littles adopted and sold, as if we were slaves or commodities. They would have us all regressed and shitting in nappies by the end of the first day they got in power, if that ever came to be. But thankfully, with only 1.76% of the vote… they clearly weren’t popular. In previous years they got about 5% of the vote, but this huge slide away from them was good, even if I don't win.

Mr Taylor-Smythe looked smug as he stood there, nodding at the very very small crowd of people clapping for him. But you could see the pain in his eyes, the pain of being beaten by a little. That… that was the worst insult for him. Not the reduction in vote percentage… it was purely that I had done better than him.

Now this next one was a bit of a shock…

“In third place, with 5317 votes, or 6.98% of the votes… Mrs Darcy Fairweather of the Traditional Conservative Party.”

I looked at the crowd, who all looked shocked, including Charlie. And as I turned to see the person who got the third most votes… I could see she was in shock too. It was no secret that the conservatives had trailed in recent polls. The centrist party, the ‘Modern Equals Party’, who sometimes was more a bit centre-left, who were still not very equal when it came to littles’ rights, were quickly catching up in the polls and at some point had overtaken the conservatives, due to the crappy economy management of the current conservative government. Well that and a bunch of other scandals and issues that meant the people didn’t quite trust the current government. But to come third… with such a low percentage… that was a shock. Never had the Traditional Conservatives done so badly before!

After a few sporadic claps, the speaker continued. “With 9783 votes, equalling 12.84% of the vote…”

I braced myself for him to call my name out.

This was it.

This was the moment of truth.

“Is Laura Harwood of the Modern Equals Party.”

The whole room stood in shock, in complete silence… before all looking at me.

‘Did… did I just win…?’ I thought to myself.

I’m pretty sure the same thought was going through everyone’s heads right now. And probably all the people watching on TV as all the cameras pointed from Laura Harwood… and towards me.

“So I hereby announce Olivia Clarke, from the Green Democrats, the victor, with a whopping 59,722 votes… which equals 78.38% of the vote. Wow… congratulations Olivia!” The speaker said, turning to me, looking flabbergasted at the outcome and moving out of the way quickly.

The crowd erupted into applause as I nervously stepped over to the podium. I could hear my opponents calling bullshit and saying they’ll be looking into this as I walked over, realising I had no way to stand up to look out over the podium.

That was when Harriet Smith, who had come fifth, rushed over with a stepstool, placing it in front of me at the podium and smiling at me.

“T… thanks…” I said to her, embarrassed.

“You’re very welcome. I won’t lie… I actually voted for you myself.” She replied.

“Y… you did?”

“Yeah. So go knock 'em dead, kid.” She said, winking at me and stepping back.

I cleared my throat as I looked out at the crowds of people and the cameras staring directly at me. All eyes were on me… and it was nerve wracking.

“I… I’d just like to say thank you to everyone who voted for me. This… this is a first in our history. And I’m honoured to stand here to represent you in parliament… and all littles around the country. I hope together with my party, we can accomplish great things for both littles and Amazons. I believe by working together, and not against each other, we will be able to do more and be better people for it.”

The crowd cheered. Well, most of them. The few supporters for the Trad Cons and the AFP were clearly not happy that I, of all people, won. No doubt they’re already trying to plan my downfall… but at this point, I don’t care. Let them try. I won. I actually fucking won! I accomplished what most said was impossible!

What was worrying me though… was that we were the first constituency to announce their results. So even if I won now… if the conservatives, or even the MEP got the majority… I’d be a little in a den of wolves. And no doubt they would make my life hell. But that was for future me to worry about. Because no doubt very soon we’d be getting the rest of the results trickling in and we’d find out what kind of government we have at the end of the day. So for now… I needed to continue and put these worries to the back of my mind.

“I’d like to thank my beautiful wife for helping get me to this point. For her love and support… because without that I wouldn’t be standing here today. I’d also like to thank everyone in my party, for allowing me to run for them in the election, which gave me the opportunity to win my seat today. I’d also like to thank all my friends and family, all of whom I wouldn’t be here today without.”

I looked at Charlie and waved her up. With tears streaming down her cheeks, she looked so happy and proud right now, nodding and walking around and up the side of the stage. Standing next to me at the podium, she wrapped her arm around me and squeezed tightly, before bending down and whispering in my ear.

“I’m so proud of you, baby. I knew you could do it!”

Butterflies invaded my tummy and my knees felt weak.

“Seriously, thank you everyone!” I said into the microphones before stepping off, ignoring all the reporters at the front of the crowd trying to get me to answer their questions.

“Ignore them. We’ll do a press event later, for now… we need to celebrate.”

“With Chris and the rest of the team?”

“Nah, fuck them, we have our friends…” Charlie said, surprising me.

“Language…” I teased her as we walked off the stage, leaving my opponents speechless and shocked still.

So.... how many of you were expecting this? :3

Or were you all meanies who expected poor Olivia to fail?

Posting the short story I've been talking about in one go now, so if you're interested, go check it out!

Hoping to start the new SubscribeStar exclusive short stories with a trial run in January! if the first commission goes well, I'll see how many I can handle per month (thinking about 2 per month. These stories won't be posted here at all.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A nice chapter to end the year 2023.

Let's see what the political stage has in store for Liv and Charlie in 2024.

I wish everyone reading this, and especially you Princess, a happy new year and a successful 2024.

I could have seen you go either way here. I read on a tablet and had to make myself only scroll a paragraph at a time so my eyes wouldn’t dart ahead and read the results too soon. 🤣

I guess the surprise is not so much that Olivia won, but that you made it a landslide victory. Pretty shocking that so many Amazons would vote for her and gives some hope for the future. However, no doubt there are some dark, dangerous days ahead. Such is the fate of an LFP protagonist.

Chapter 11: Six Months Later...

“Olivia, I need you to sign this for me…”

My assistant walked into my drab, boring office with yet another piece of paper for me to sign, which makes it the… twenty-fifth thing this morning already?

Taking it in hand and plopping it down on my desk, along with the other piles of stuff I needed to work on, I smiled up at the Amazon who I went through a painstaking amount of effort to get. Most other MPs would have just taken the best person for the job, but as a little, I have to take extra care. Which means the better, more qualified assistants who weren’t as little-friendly as I hoped to believe, had to be shown the door, whilst assistants like Sophie here… well she’s good at her job at least.

I had insisted when I took the position of Minister for Littles that I would be allowed to pick my own staff. But I was told that I had to make it a rough 50/50 split between Amazons and Littles. I asked about betweeners and the Prime Minister just scoffed and said they should be added to the littles count. Which gave me lots of hope for the future of littles with this PM… ugh.

It had been six months since I won my election by a landslide. Six months since I pretty much guaranteed landslide elections all across the country. Well, me running for MP and the fact that the previous government had screwed things up monumentally, meant that the party no one had thought had any hope of winning… won a majority in the house. The previous government screwing up meant they had no chance of winning, but it was me and my message that got people to vote for us rather than the usual opposition party. Plus I managed to get a record number of little’s out voting, a record turnout apparently!

But does my party act like I did anything? Not at all. When they thought I could win them an election, they were all sunshine and rainbows around me, making promises left right and centre. But as soon as we won… I was given this dead-end ministerial position with a shitty office, with no actual power or control over things.

So you know all those promises I put out there? That I’d fix things for littles? That I’d do everything I could to make our country more equal? HA! All gone. I was ignored at most cabinet meetings, often shoved at the back on a highchair without the tray. All my suggestions were ignored. The Prime Minister just looked down at me with the usual Amazon sneer, he clearly didn’t think I was capable of being an MP.

And being the anxious little creature I am… I settled down and gave up my hopes of ever fixing things.

It was so bad now that there were weekly protests against our government, after they backtracked on their promises.

Maybe one day things will be fixed? Sadly… I don’t think it’ll be because of me.

“Olivia?” Sophie asked, popping her head into my office. Her huge glasses dwarfed her face as she smiled at me. Her freckles and her brunette hair done up into braided pigtails made her look like an overgrown teenager, but this twenty-six year old was the best assistant. Well… she’s my only assistant, and the only one I’ve ever had. Which technically makes her the best. She gets all blushy when I tell her that, which brightens my day a bit in this hellhole.

“Yes, Sophie?” I replied.

“Your wife is here.”

“Charlie? Wha… Why?”

“No idea. Should I show her in?”

“Yes, of course! And why don’t you go for an early lunch? You deserve an extra half an hour.” I suggested.

“Will you be okay?”

“I’ll be fine. Go call your boyfriend.”

She always, without fail, called her boyfriend at lunchtime. Honestly… those two were adorable. She even introduced him to me one day, and he wasn’t like normal Amazons. Both of them were a lot more like Charlie… which just confirmed for me that I had made the right choice in hiring Sophie.

“Thanks. See you later, Olivia!”

Sophie waved herself off and a few seconds later the picture of beauty strode into my office, wearing her usual pantsuit, with her white sleeves rolled up and her blazer slung over one shoulder with her finger.

“So… I’m here to see my gorgeous wife…” Charlie said, nonchalantly.

“Oh yes? And what makes her so gorgeous?” I replied, playing along with her little game.

Charlie walked over to my little-sized desk, putting her hands down on it and leaning over so she was just a foot away from my face.

“Her cute nose… her kissable lips…”

My heart started melting. It was amazing she still had this power over me, after all this time.

“Her spankable arse…”

That’s when I blushed and my eyes widened in shock.

“Not here, Char!”

“Oh especially here…” She grinned.

“What’s got you in this mood?”

“Watching you get dressed this morning. I’ve not been able to get that image out of my head all day. Which made the meeting with my publishers all that more frustrating…”

“Stooop! I’m not…”

“Don’t dare finish that sentence, my gorgeous wife of mine. Now… are you busy?”

“I… kinda?” I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

“Can you take an early lunch?”

“I guess so. I just sent Sophie for an extended one. I could grab lunch early.”

“Good. I’m taking you out. Get that cute butt out of that seat and come join me.”

“Where are we going?”

“I’ve got something planned.”

Okay so it wasn’t much of a surprise once she grabbed the picnic basket from the car on our way to the park. She had gone all-in with the little basket and tablecloth and everything… as if this was some fairytale picnic, you know the kind, the ones you read about in stories or see in movies.

She had carefully laid out the cloth in a nice quiet spot under a tree, far from the majority of people who were occupying the park. The sun was out, the weather was… actually nice, considering it’s November, and she looked… well she looked as gorgeous as always. That’s to say I couldn’t keep my damn eyes off her the entire time she set up the picnic.

And as usual, she had to make things perfect, so she spent a bit longer than normal arranging everything, before turning to me and smiling at me, love in her eyes as my heart melted.

“I… wasn’t expecting… this…” I said, the first words that had been uttered since we got to the car earlier.

“I thought it’d be nice, just the two of us. No worrying about spiked food at any local places like we’ve had to every time I come take you to lunch from work, no worrying about rushing back to the office from home… we can just relax here, then get you back to your important work when your lunch break is over.” Charlie replied, patting the ground as she sat down herself.

Joining her, I scoffed at the thought of me doing ‘important work’.

“What’s up? Did I say…?” She suddenly looked worried, as if she had done or said the wrong thing.

“Oh no, it’s nothing Charlie… I just… I feel like I’m just… I feel like I don’t… I… I feel helpless.” I responded, sighing.

“How so? I know you’ve been frustrated with your work lately, but you’ve been a bit quiet. Tell me, my love, what’s bothering you?”

“I hoped I’d be changing things. Not massively of course, I’m a realist… I can’t expect massive societal change in such a short amount of time… but I hoped to have at least helped a few littles… somehow…”

“You hired a bunch, that’s helping them!”

“I know, but… it’s not the same. I want to make the lives of littles better. I want to improve things for us. But I can’t, stuck behind this desk. I won my party the election, but as soon as they got their power, they shoved me away, only taking me out for public appearances for good publicity.”

“I know it must be frustrating, but give it time. It’s been barely any time at all, you can’t be expected to do loads within your first six months.” Charlie responded, ever the level-headed enthusiast. Which was a great match to my impulsive, childish behaviour sometimes. 

Not to say I can’t be level-headed and patient… but I’ve found that since being with Charlie… I’ve let my impulsivity go wild a bit. I’m taking a few too many risks lately, more than I should. I used to live my life with caution. But as soon as I met Charlie, I became more and more… myself? I guess that’s just who I am, when I’m not living in constant fear of being adopted. Just… mostly constant fear.

“I just want to do more.” I said with a sense of defeat in my voice.

“You can start by eating this ham sandwich I made for you.”

“Ooooh! Thank you!” I exclaimed with joy as she handed me a small plate wrapped with a ham sandwich wrapped in clingfilm. It was even cut up into little triangles… which somehow made them taste better. Charlie would often disagree with me on that point, but then she’s an adult… she just wouldn’t understand.

She then proceeded to pull out a little sealed plastic cup full of a pink liquid, placing it carefully on the ground next to me, before popping a little straw in the top.

“AND STRAWBERRY MILKSHAKE?” I cried out, putting the sandwich that was currently half in my mouth back down on the plate and grabbing my drink. Because of course I’m going to do that for a strawberry milkshake. It’s the best flavour. And you’re not allowed to disagree with me on that.

“You’re my little strawberry…” Charlie grinned at me, balancing her chin on her hand.

“Shuuuuuuush!” I said, in between sips, my face feeling warmer and warmer suddenly.

“You’re definitely as red as one right now…”

Which, of course, just made me blush even more. She knew how to press all my buttons.

“Hmph!” I pouted at her, before finally taking a bite of my sandwich.

Looking around at all the food, I couldn’t believe she had gone to all this effort. I’d have to make it up to her later, and I made a mental note to do so. Maybe I’d get my machine to make me that dress I’ve been doodling designs for during meetings. I think she’d love to see me in that ridiculous, humiliating thing…

“Look, baby, you’re destined for great things. We both are. It’s in our blood. You’re going to make a huge difference, I promise you. Just… give it time, okay?”

She was right. I just had to be patient. Maybe in the meantime I could stand up for myself a bit more with my own political party, maybe I could look into some issues littles are facing and try bringing them up more… and just try to be a bit more insistent. 

For now, I put my sandwich crusts down on the plate and got up onto my knees, crawling over to my wife and climbing on her lap. Reaching up, I brushed her gorgeous red hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear, just like she does all the time for me (which is like my favourite thing ever), and gently kissed her on the lips.

I knew a few Amazons were in the park, and I knew a bunch of them were already giving us funny looks for having this picnic together, especially with me not dressed like a baby like they probably believe littles should be.

But in this moment, this beautiful, perfect moment with the love of my life…

…I didn’t care.

Don't forget that the Infernum Infantem Christmas special was posted last week, if you've not already read it!

Hoping to start the new SubscribeStar exclusive short stories with a trial run in January! if the first commission goes well, I'll see how many I can handle per month (thinking about 2 per month. These stories won't be posted here at all.)

• Like 6

Interesting chapter. 

I like this time jump of 6 months saves a lot of writing I think.

A ministerial office is at least something and the fact that the party is even governing is also surprising.

Of course, the fact that none of the promises will be kept and Liv will be ignored was somehow clear and not particularly surprising.

It also felt like a surprisingly short chapter.

I'm excited to see what's still to come.

I don't like the PM and I don't like the other people in the government either.

I'm curious when the laws will be changed and life will become bad for Liv and Charlie.

Maybe the marriages will be annulled and the little ones from the marriage will be taken to orphanages for their "own safety" because they were clearly just taken advantage of by the Amazons.

I kind of expect something like that.

I'm also curious to see what happens when Charlie redeems her coupon from Freya.

Chapter 12: Another Day at the Office

“Miss Clarke, I beg you… please help.” The little across the desk from me pleaded as tears ran down her face.

I wanted to help. I wanted to fix things for her… but legally she was screwed. I even had my legal team look over her contract with her landlord, and he had every right to kick her out. And if she doesn’t leave… he has every right to either adopt her himself or shove her in an adoption centre. It was legally binding, and she hadn’t read the small print.

This is how a lot of Amazons work… They don’t want to appear as barbaric as the ones who just steal littles off the street and adopt them… they work insidiously to cause a little’s downfall. Whether that’s through self sabotage or legal loopholes… a large portion of adoptions are because a little couldn’t pay rent on time, or failed to clock in at work, or as Ellie had experienced previously… couldn’t handle the pressures of work.

I wanted to tell this woman that it was going to be okay, that she’d be safe from adoption… but it was now seven months since my party came into power and they still had no plan for how to improve the lives of littles.

I, of course, as Minister for Littles, had given them many suggestions, both minor and major, all backed up with evidence and opinion polls and everything, as to how to improve lives for us. But it had all been ignored. They didn’t care. They humoured me in cabinet meetings by letting me present things, but they didn’t care about what I had to say. I could hear them all talking about me behind their backs, about how I’m just a ‘mascot’ for them to win the littles vote, how I should be in a nappy on their laps as they did the ‘big, grown up stuff’.

I, of course, told Charlie about this, to which she replied, and I quote, she ‘will shove their heads so far up…’... okay maybe I won’t quote what she said after all, it was rather graphic.

Sadly, there was nothing my wife could do. And apparently there was nothing Chris could do either. As head of LIBRA, I thought he’d have my back. But all he told me was to ‘not rock the boat’. It was always ‘don’t rock the boat, Liv…’ or ‘I’m sure they’ll come around sooner or later…’, all whilst he met privately with the leaders of my party. I have no idea what they met about, but it was always a handful of them and I was never invited. I figured Chris just had a plan, trying to win them over over a period of time, and then maybe, when they’re finally ready, they’ll look to me for guidance on how to improve little’s lives.

But at this rate… it wasn’t looking hopeful.

“I’m sorry, Miss Ackers, but both myself and my legal team have looked into your contract… and I’m afraid there isn’t anything you can do. You’ll have to leave the premises by tomorrow midday or risk being sent to an adoption centre.” I explained to the crying woman.

“But… that… that’s not fair!” She cried out.

“It’s not. And I wish I could do more to help you keep your place. But…

That’s when her face lit up.

There. That little spark of hope. That’s what I hope to bring to everyone, on a much larger scale… one day.

“Yes?”

“I can find you a new place.”

“But that…”

“One that is littles only, and has 24/7 security.”

“Oh… umm… I couldn’t afford that… not with my salary…”

“Don’t worry about that. I know the landlord. We’ll work something out. I promise you, it’ll be better for you.”

“But… what about…”

“About what?” I asked.

“What about my landlord? No doubt he’s going to try…”

“To adopt you anyway? Oh that’s most likely the case. That’s why I’m going to send an Amazon friend of mine with you, for safety and protection. She’ll help you gather your things and transport them to your new apartment.”

“You… Why are you helping me so much? Your party aren’t exactly popular with littles these days... I even risked voting for you!”

Her words cut through me and I knew she wasn’t attacking me personally, as it was my party that had betrayed our trust… but it still felt personal.

“Because I know how scary stuff like this can be. Especially when an Amazon has their sights set on you. And because I wanted this job so I could help people like you and me. I wish I could do more…”

“I saw that your party has backtracked on all its pledges for helping littles…” She commented, sighing.

“...Yeah. That’s why I’m working extra hard to help individual littles. That's all I can do really. So please, let me help you now.”

“Okay… and you trust this Amazon?”

“With my life. Now… I need to make a few calls to get all this sorted, do you mind waiting out in the waiting room? I don’t want you going back to your apartment without my security.”

“T… thank you, Mrs Clarke…”

The little got out of her seat, and she seemed more… at ease. When she first came in, she was a nervous wreck. Visibly shaking, tears rolling down her cheeks… she could barely get a few sentences out at first. Now she walked out more confidently, wiping the tears from her cheek, and smiling at me.

Now though… Now I’m going to have to beg Chris for an apartment in one of his buildings. I just hoped one was free. And Miss Ackers wasn’t wrong… with her salary, she wouldn’t be able to afford it. I know Chris is lenient when it comes to rent, he’s trying to help after all, but even then it’s not a charity. Though it fucking should be…

That’s okay though, if I need to, I’ll help with her rent. I know I shouldn’t… but Charlie and I have enough wealth, what’s a tiny bit of rent for a while, until she gets back on her feet? I was this close to offering Miss Ackers a room in our house… but I had to be sensible and not just listen to my heart for once.

I’m also going to have to ask Claire for a favour. Miss Ackers will most likely be adopted on sight, unless Claire goes with her. No idea if she’ll play the ‘newly adopted’ angle, or just straight up stand up to the landlord… but I know she’ll get the job done, she’ll keep Miss Ackers safe and unadopted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yes sir, I understand. And I also understand time is of the essence.” Another heart wrenching problem had walked into my office that I had seen far too many times since I took this position.

“But they’re going to wipe my wife’s mind! She’ll no longer be herself! She’ll be…”

My heart hurts not only from the pain in this man’s voice, but also from the memories of being regressed myself. So I was determined to do whatever I could for his wife…

Mr Robertson’s wife had been taken from a clothing store in the city centre, after what was clearly an elaborate setup by Amazons to adopt her. It happened yesterday, late in the afternoon, and as usual… The police had no intention of helping. To them, it was a ‘legal adoption’, the type of ‘legal adoption’ I wanted to outlaw. And if it wasn’t for my party backtracking on their promises, maybe this woman would have found more sympathy from the authorities. Or maybe they’re all just arseholes who want to lord their power over the repressed. I wouldn’t put it past them…

That’s why Mr Robertson came to me. With LIBRA trying to be all ‘good and proper’ in the public eye, trying to maintain a positive public image, and with me and my team all retired… there was no one left to save poor Mrs Robertson. Coming to his local MP was his last option.

“I know, Mr Robertson, but I need to know everything you know. And I mean everything. What they looked like, their voices, everything.”

“I… but why? Why would that help?”

“Because… I may be able to talk to some people who may be able to assist her…”

His face lit up.

I didn’t want his face to do that. I didn’t want to bring him hope when there wasn’t any. Sure, I could call the old team back together, but we hadn’t worked a job like this in a long time, and I’m not even sure some of us have the time free to do this. But I had to try. I couldn’t let this poor woman suffer because of some dickhead Amazons who I stupidly aligned myself with.

If I call a few of the team, try and devise a plan, whilst also trying to find out who took the wife and where they took her…. Maybe… maybe we could get there before they do too much damage.

Because with any positive advancement in this world… there’s always a backlash.

For example… word of Eve’s treatment got out not too long after the hospital opened. Her amazing ability to revert the regression process, and in most cases fix any littles who had been regressed, even those to the point where their minds were wiped, as was the case with Zoey, was public knowledge now. So of course when certain Amazon groups got wind of this, they stepped up their game. Cases of littles being taken off the streets and had some kind of ‘brute force’ regression, a kind that doesn’t worm its way into their mind like normal hypnosis and nanites, have been popping up everywhere. And the worst part… is that it leaves the little even worse than if they had been subjected to normal hypnosis or nanites. This ‘brute force’ technique as it has been coined… it leaves nothing left of the little. Like… nothing at all. It even started scaring me, as I wasn’t even sure that Faith’s nanites could protect me from it. So I’ve been extra careful in my day to day life.

And if Mrs Robertson has been subjected to that… I’m not sure Eve will be able to fix her.

Thankfully, days later, with assistance from most of my team, we managed to get Mrs Robertson back from her ‘adopters’. Turns out some Amazon family had taken her. She was a teacher, and one of her Amazon students thought it would be funny to have her as his baby, so the student talked his parents into adopting her. No brute force regression, thankfully, but she had endured enough that she spent a week recovering at Eve’s hospital.

The Robertsons sent lots of flowers and thank you notes, which I appreciated. I was getting quite the pile of them at his point, as I had on average about three littles a day coming into my office, asking for help with various things. From legal troubles, to adoption threats, though thankfully only one actual adoption attempt. It was a lot to deal with, getting to see every little that walked in fearing for their lives. It was heartbreaking, watching the face of despair as I told some of them that I couldn’t help… that no one could help. Sure… I’d end up helping anyway, but legally I couldn’t tell them that, as I had to use a few of my team for some… assistance.

It had been months now of this, and it was wearing me down, day by day, until I was ready to scream. I was ready to scream my little heart out at every Amazon who caused this pain… this despair… this hopelessness.

Even Charlie could see it on my face when I’d get home from work, and she’d try to cheer me up… but it was getting harder to pretend to be okay.

Things needed to change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Olivia?”

I looked up from my work to see Sophie, my personal assistant, looking very nervous, clutching the door with her hands, peeking in.

“What is it, Sophie?” I asked.

“Your… your wife is here…”

“Charlie? Here? Why?”

“I… don’t know… but she looks…”

“She looks what, Sophie?”

“Not good…”

“Show her in.”

Sophie left me alone in my office again, before the door opened once again, this time a much larger woman walking in.

Looking up to see my gorgeous wife’s face… I could see she was holding back tears for some reason. She was about to cry.

“Charlie? What… what’s…”

Before I could finish that sentence, Charlie rushed over and picked me up into a bear hug, lifting my feet off the ground and squeezing me tightly.

“What’s up? What’s happened?” I asked.

“It’s… Amber…”

A pit in my stomach began to form.

“She was taken…”

Uh oh...

Don't forget that the Infernum Infantem Christmas special was posted just before New Year, if you've not already read it!

• Like 6

Amber was the little girl Charlie had adopted and then released to work as a cook right?

Oh I'm curious to see what kind of tsunami this little wave will cause.

Had to go and check on Amber myself, too. Yep, she was living with Gwen and working at the restaurant. Looking forward to where this goes.

Chapter 13: Tragedy

“Amber… but… what? When? WHY?” I asked as Charlie placed me on the ground and collapsed to the floor, finally bursting into tears.

Amber… our friend Amber, who had been living with and working with Charlie’s Amazon friend, Gwen, who had been legally declared an adult after all the tough loopholes she had to jump through just to get her ‘adult’ status back… after becoming a chef in Gwen’s restaurant… she was… taken?

“Gwen called me an hour ago.” Charlie replied, in between sobs.

“Why didn’t you call me then?”

“Because I didn’t want to burden you… plus there was nothing you could do… however there was something I could do…”

“Charlie… What did you do? Who took her?”

“Cat. My old friend Cat. The one who I warned…”

“...Never to go after any of us, because you would destroy her…” I interrupted.

“Exactly. So I went to pay her a visit…”

“...What happened?” I asked, slightly worried about the answer I was about to receive.

“She… well she lost Mason… through her own actions…”

“Lost…?”

“He… he passed away…”

Mason was fully regressed when I met him, adopted by Cat. Maybe Eve could have saved him and reversed the effects… but there was no way Cat was giving him up. She was a spiteful, vindictive bitch who liked to lord over those ‘lesser’ than her. If Charlie hadn’t threatened her that time we visited her house… I’d probably be regressed myself.

It was heartbreaking to see him as a mindless baby that one time… but to hear that he had passed away? I wanted Cat to pay. And now she’s apparently taken Amber, one of my closest friends…

“So she took Amber. To fill the hole Mason left… and to get back at Gwen for betraying her…” Charlie said, interrupting my thoughts.

“But what about your threat?”

“She didn’t care. She was distraught at the loss of Mason, weirdly enough, so she didn’t care about the consequences. She just wanted to hurt Gwen and myself…”

“That’s okay… we can just get Amber back… reverse whatever Cat did to her…”

“I already paid Cat a visit.” Charlie’s tears still hadn’t stopped as she sobbed her way through each sentence.

“Oh? And what happened?”

“She… won’t be bothering any of us again. She’ll be spending her time behind bars from now on.”

“So Amber…”

“We got her back. But…” Charlie sighed, standing up and grabbing my hand, “Come with me, sweetie.”

I followed Charlie into a spare office room we had, one that was used as a sort of private waiting room, and as soon as the door opened, I saw Gwen crying her eyes out, clutching her head, bent over on the sofa. And on the floor…

…Was Amber.

Drool ran down her chin as she clapped two blocks together. Her hair was up in pigtails and she wore a pink dress that barely covered the thick nappy she had strapped around her waist. Little padded booties covered her feet and a large pink dummy was lodged in her mouth as she looked up at me and giggled.

“...Amber?” I called out, walking slowly over to her.

She… she didn’t recognise me.

She just looked at me. Her dead eyes looked at me like I was just another person as she clapped her blocks again.

Gwen looked up and wiped her tears away, sniffling. “...Olivia?”

“What… is she…?” I replied.

“Fully regressed. Cat really wanted to get back at me…” You could hear the anger in Gwen’s voice when talking about Cat. And honestly… I was feeling very much the same right now.

“If we get her to Eve…”

“Already been…” Charlie interrupted, placing her hand on my shoulder.

“What did she say?”

“Cat ‘brute forced’ her mind.”

“So she…”

“There’s no fixing her…” 

Charlie and Gwen both exploded into more tears.

…And I collapsed to the floor, the pit in my chest overwhelming me.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to scream at the world, at Cat, at every Amazon who does shit like this to us. I wanted to scream at my party, at the whole political system. I wanted to scream at whoever came up with this shit that took away my friend’s mind.

“Liv… are you okay?” Charlie asked softly, as she lifted me up onto her lap.

“I…”

“Is there really nothing we can do for Amber?” Gwen asked, a tiny bit of hope still left in her voice.

“Maybe Eve develops a way to reverse the effects of this new regression. But the problem is… we don’t know how long that will take. It took her a long time to develop her current methods and her nanites. It could take a few weeks, a few months… or even years.” Charlie explained.

“So…” You could see the spark of hope fade from Gwen’s eyes as she looked back down at her friend.

“I…”

I couldn’t say anything. It was like I tried to form words… but they just vanished.

My heart was wrenching at the sight of my friend regressed like this.

She didn’t want this life. She didn’t like the baby stuff like me and some of my other little friends. She was making something of her life… and now… and now this…

“Liv..?” Charlie tried again, but to no avail.

My head was swirling like a vortex. Every time I tried to focus on something, or try to say something… it just got sucked in and vanished. I was too overwhelmed by emotions right now, and I didn’t know what to do.

“Eve did say she’d take Amber in and care for her, whilst trying to fix her… maybe we should get her back…” Charlie suggested.

“What if I adopted her?” Gwen replied, shocking Charlie.

“You… want to adopt her again?”

“If it keeps her safe… I can’t stand the idea of her being adopted by anyone else. She trusted me… Which was special, as she didn’t trust many Amazons.”

“We can discuss that when we take her back to the hospital. Gwen, why don’t you grab her changing bag and I’ll take Amber. Liv… are you coming with us?”

“I…”

“Liv… sweetie… are you okay?” Charlie was sounding really worried now as I just sat there, staring at my former friend playing with blocks and chewing on her booties.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

“Oh hey Sophie… what’s up?” Charlie asked, turning around to face the door.

“Is… everything okay?”

“Yeah… What’s up?” My wife answered.

“Umm… Liv needs to get ready now…”

“Ready for…?”

“She’s due at the House of Commons for this afternoon’s session…”

“Oh… can she cancel? We’re kind of dealing with a personal issue right now…”

The vortex within stopped.

The thoughts started arranging once again and I found the words that were missing.

“I’ll be out in a minute, Sophie.” I finally spoke up.

Sophie nodded and left the room, closing the door softly as she left.

“Liv… are you sure? You should really take the day…”

“I’m fine. I need to go.” I replied to Charlie, standing up and straightening my clothes.

“Why?”

“...I have a few things to say.”

Charlie had pleaded with me not to do anything stupid. Especially with my headspace as it is right now, especially with the emotions that are surging within me.

But I toned her out. I assured her I was okay. I promised I wouldn’t do anything stupid.

She should have made me pinky promise.

So whilst Charlie took Amber and Gwen back to the hospital, I walked into the House of Commons and took my seat amongst the Amazons surrounding me. It was like this every time we had a session, being the only little ever elected meant that I was surrounded by people who most likely wanted to adopt me. Thankfully, they can’t do anything inside the building, and I have security to escort me to and from the building, so despite being surrounded by Amazons… I was probably the safest I’ve ever been right now.

Normally, with these sessions, all the Amazons get up to speak, some of them make a snide comment about me, usually saying I belong in a creche and not the commons, and they discuss the business of the day. Votes happen, debates are had, and I stay silent in my seat, not wanting to rock the boat.

And today, they were discussing adoption centres and the powers they have. The opposition party, which is now the previous government, had put forward a bill trying to expand the rights adoptions centres have, trying to make it even more difficult for littles to live their lives without harassment or threats. And of course… my party was actually in favour of voting for this piece of shit bill. And… as usual… my job was to sit back, take whatever insults and jabs they throw at me, and be a good little girl…

…Not today.

I had to time it right.

You’re only allowed to speak when your allotted time is. Everyone has their chance to speak, provided they are down has having a chance to speak. I… wasn’t. I never was. My role was a cute little mascot on the backbenches, despite being a minister. So I hadn’t put myself down to speak. But… a speaking member can pass their time to you if you’re careful, whilst they’re talking. Now if I tried this with any other Amazon in my party, they’d just look at me like I was crazy and not pass their time over to me, but one of my only friends in the party, someone who was actually progressive towards equality for littles, was speaking. And I knew he would pass his time if I asked.

I wanted to forgo the whole system. This whole ‘allotted time’ thing was bullshit, but I guess it allowed people to have ten minutes to put whatever point they wanted to make across. And with the mood I’m in… I definitely wanted to interrupt everything and everyone, every single shitty comment they made about how adoption centres are ‘good for littles’, how ‘they find littles good homes’... basically all the bullshit lies they love spreading. Adoption centres are hellholes. They’re slave markets. And if I had my way… they’d all be shut down. But no, I needed to play by their rules, otherwise I’d just be silenced and kicked out. And no doubt they’d see this as an excuse to diagnose me with maturosis and get me adopted.

So I waited… enduring the constant belittling of my kind, trying my best to grit my teeth through the whole ordeal. Multiple jokes were thrown my way, and I just stared at them until they backed down.

Until… It was Jacob’s turn.

Jacob was my only ally in the party. He was the only one who saw me as a colleague, as an equal. The only one who spoke up about how our party turned their backs on littles as soon as we won them the election. But being a backbencher, he had no power or voice really. But now… he was going to help me bring it all down.

“Good afternoon…” Jacob started, standing up in front of the room full of stuffy old politicians, many of whom probably adopted littles themselves, maybe even from the adoption centres they’re now backing. “I wanted to make a few things clea…”

Before he could continue, I jumped up onto my seat, standing up on top of it so that the speaker of the house could see me, and threw my hand up into the air to really make sure he saw me. I knew it wasn’t proper decorum here, usually you’d just half stand or stand, but as a little, in a sea of Amazons, I needed that little bit extra to make myself obvious.

“I… umm…” The speaker looked dumbfounded, like he never expected me to do this… well… ever.

This caught Jacob’s attention, who turned around and saw me. Our eyes locked onto each other and I gave my best ‘please give your time to me now, it’s important’ expression. He looked over at the Prime Minister, who clearly wasn’t impressed and shook his head. It must have been made clear to everyone not to ever let me speak… which might I say is absolute bullshit, but thankfully Jacob didn’t care about the PM, so he looked at the speaker and smiled.

“I bide my time to my right honourable friend, Miss Clarke.” Jacob said loudly, in spite of the Prime Minister’s death stare.

=======================================================

Don't forget that the Infernum Infantem Christmas special was posted just before New Year, if you've not already read it!

• Like 7