LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ABDL vs Medical Use

32 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Depends upon the brand and what you mean by purchases. Do hospitals and nursing homes count? They go through lots of diapers because of rules and regulations.

Hehe you said Depends

But also that's a good point, I was thinking about what percentage of people are some form incontinent, and how many diapers they use, vs we do, since a lot of us are 24/7 and a lot of them try to use them as little as possible. But hospitals often put people in them, even if they don't really need them, or only temporarily.

Rather than attach several conditions I will give 2 figures,

1 a range 2 to 7 percent

2 a "best guess"  5%

Being a member of this site, unless one is being contrarian, I would say that most persons will over-estimate because that is what you see a good deal of. Just think of how old you were when you found that ABDL was a thing. I was 37, in 1982 and DPF was only ayear old while Mommy Florence/Amber E was 6. So the earliest recorded nationwide, organized AB entity was referenced at 1976: Helluva way to celebrate the Bicentennial!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, dlover49 said:

What percentage of adult diapers purchases do you think are ABDL?

That's a good question, I don't know. But I think with the baby community growing larger and larger the percentage of diapers for regular people are getting high. Which is good because I think that means that potty training is becoming less and less normalized by society and more of an option. Which I think is good because I know there's a lot of people that don't like using the big boy potty and prefer to use diapers instead. So I'm glad they have that option. I hope we get to the point where it's normalized for people to wear diapers in class and to get changed in the nurses office. In my mind there's nothing wrong with that. As for the percentage of disabled people and elderly people and sick people that need diapers I think it's about the same. But when it comes to just ordinary people wearing diapers I think it's skyrocketed, as many people see wearing diapers and using them as form of stress relief I wouldn't be surprised if the percentage of people using pacifiers has skyrocketed too because that's also a form of stress relief for some people.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I'd say enough to make it profitable for many companies like Rearz to make many different baby print design diapers. 

When you are dealing on a worldwide basis, that enxpands the customer base to the 10's of millions. Rearz also probably makes medical units as well. Now a company like ABU or Banbino are mre or purely AB/DL. However, since most of their product is single-use then they will survive on repeat sales

Bambino is not a purely or even mostly ABDL company. They are the brand name for ABDL diapers of The Bottom Half Group, a 40+ year old company. They make the TotalDry brand, formerly Secure Plus. 

I remember way back when, I was regularly using Secure Plus and ordered some Bambinos. I noticed that the return address was the same for both shipments, and comparing the diapers they were identical except for the pattern on the Bambino. 

I don't think any company could survive just by selling ABDL diapers.

Thanx

16 minutes ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I don't think any company could survive just by selling ABDL diapers.

I'm honestly surprised but very happy that the demand is big enough for them to bother making cute printed versions just for us. There was nothing like this kind of selection and availability back in the late 90s / early 00s. I never dreamed you'd be able to buy ABDL diapers, pacifiers, onesies etc, all next day delivery, from amazon.

If your looking at market share, that gets a bit flaky, its better to look at the abdl diaper companys that stick around. There have been several that have shown up, stuck around a few months, then disapear, often with only one or two diapers to start there inventory with.

Never mind a bit of mess with how diapers are handled in institutional settings, aka, hospitals, and nursing homes, and care facilitys. In the US, I know some states actualy have a law that thoes places must change diapers every two hours. (Might have changed, but, it was a big issue in chicago a while back, and it might have been a city law more than state side.) I noticed as this was when there was a major change in the 'medical' diapers. On the other hand, you have people that are looking for a whole day diaper, so usage can be pretty weird as a way of judging population percentage. Still, what I seem to see in a lot of abdl, is that they would prefure a heavyer diaper, that they change less often, than the 2 hour cheepy diaper.

There is a bit of economy of scale with the whole mess, wear a dollar diaper, that you gotta change every 2 to 4 hours, including waking up to change in the middle of the night, or wear a 2 dollar diaper that you change every 8 hours or so, or, even the 5 dollar diaper that you can wear up to like 24 hours And thats just the disposables.

There are a lot of older abdls that are very much into the cloth diapers, and some of us older folks remember, and know how to make our own, rather than relying on a supplyer that might or might not have something apropriate.  Still, even in the 80s, there where companys making stuff for the abdl market. There is a canadian company that mostly made baby diapers that was one of the supplyers for DPF back in the day, and they did use childish prints for there diapers and diaper covers. Well, they had plain ones, and ones with prints. Goodness, its been more than 40 years, so my memory is not the best of back then.

So, if your looking at market share, probably around 5 percent, maybe a little higher, as there are indicators that a percentage of the incon group are abdl and using incon as a cover. and more incon people are buying into the abdl market, as the product is better.  Heck, the market for abdl style sleepers exploded into the general market a while back, and you had and still have a bunch of companys making footed pjs and even onsies for the general population. Add in the trend thats been going around of the general population starting to wear diapers to events, as finding bathrooms can be imposable, and it skews the numbers even more.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Alyeskabird said:

So, if your looking at market share, probably around 5 percent, maybe a little higher, as there are indicators that a percentage of the incon group are abdl and using incon as a cover. and more incon people are buying into the abdl market, as the product is better.  Heck, the market for abdl style sleepers exploded into the general market a while back, and you had and still have a bunch of companys making footed pjs and even onsies for the general population. Add in the trend thats been going around of the general population starting to wear diapers to events, as finding bathrooms can be imposable, and it skews the numbers even more.

I think you are in the ballpark. There are several medical companies now that A. Sell ABDL diapers or B. Openly ABDL aware. I imagine they wouldn't do that for any less than a potential 5-10% boost.

You also have to add in the fact that somet incon people have been moving to the abdl diapers as they tend work a lot better. An office worker is not going to want to be changing t here diaper every time they wet.  Its the two hour diaper verses the 8 hour diaper thing again. If you gotta wear diapers, your not going to want to get up 2-4 times a night to change yourself. Better to go with a diaper that will last all night. Same with during the day, you want a diaper your not going to have to constantly worry about changing. In the US, even most of the diapers marketed as 'Overnight' are practicly useless. Thats not the case elsewhere, true, but, it does help to explain the growth of the abdl market in the US, at lest a little. ALso, worrying about wearing a thin diaper is going to generate a lot of stress, as you will be constantly worried about the diaper leaking. Wearing a higher quality diaper, your going to worry a lot less.  Sadly in the US, if you want a better diaper, your ordering from one of the few places selling the higher end import diapers, or your going for the abdl diapers.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spanky said:

With as many ABDL diapers that are on the market,  I'd bet that the number is pretty high. I'd guess at least 20%

Consider in the US there are around 60,000 pharmacies, most inside stores like Walmart or drugstores like CVS..

If each of those sells 1 case (4 bags) a day that's 60,000 cases a day. That doesn't include direct sellers like NorthShore or LLMedico. Nor does it include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, and other businesses like that. It may include hospitals. 

If all the AB Diaper companies are selling 12,000+ cases of diapers a day, then I want a slice of that pie.