LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

3+ years 24/7 and counting, an update on my journey

Hello Incon-Desires form

It has been a long time since I posted my last post on here. A quick reintroduction for those that don't remember me (I imagen a lot of you don't) I'm baby Hawkeye. I live in southwestern Missouri area and have been on a diapered 24/7 journey for just a little over 3 years. I started wearing full time about end of august 2020. I had been wearing on and off before that but wanted to go 24/7. It was not my first attempt either. I have made several attempts before but always ended up giving up for one reason or another. This time was different. I told myself I was diaper dependent and that was that. Now I have been wearing for over three years with only a short 5 day break this summer because of financial reasons but even during that five-day period I still wore a diaper I just didn't use it during the day as they were nasty Walmart diapers. I also used cloth diapers for bed, so I have basically been in a diaper for over three years. 

As for my untraining progress, I have been trying to go for double unpotty training. It has not gone all that well. I have used my diaper for everything for just over 6 or 7 months but have not been very good at not holding it. I sometime find it difficult to notice when my body is holding it. I think sometimes it comes down to the fact that sometimes I will start the drink lots of water part of the training process and then I won't keep that up. it goes really well for two days and then I forget, and it went back to holding bladder again. As for bowels, I have been pretty good at letting myself go in my diaper anytime I feel the urge to go. but sometimes I don't feel it tell it's a massive push feeling and that normally comes around morning time right after getting up form bed or shortly after dinner, sometimes both. I have gotten really comfortable going in my diaper though. Sometimes if I'm at home and I go in the diaper I won't change right away as it is nice to be able to finish what I'm doing first. bed wetting is almost none existent. I have tried to drink lots of water before bed and I have had a few nights were I was able to wake up and pee and go back to sleep but most of the time I wake up in the morning needing to pee really bad and as soon as I stand up from bed I start flooding my diaper. sometimes I will need to poop to but that is normal. I need to be more dilagent in trying to get the bed wetting thing going as I think that could be one of the major contributing factors to my continued bladder strength.  

diapering has been nice though I have been able to keep my diaper stock up except for that week 3 or 4 months ago. I have found that the rearz Mega Inspire+ with boosters has been my go-to diapers for about 6 months before that I was a mega max guy and wore those for most of my 24/7 journey. I stopped getting mega max as they were way overpriced and were not increasing their product quality at all. I have to be careful with ordering diapers from rearz as they are a week away in the world of shipping. I found a good order pattern and it has worked so far. I do want to slowly stock up on high quality cloth diapers so that I will not have to worry as much about not having money to order diapers in the future as well. I'm also thinking of getting some diaper suits to wear over my diaper as I have never tryed them before. 

My goal for this coming year is to really double down my unpotty training and make using my diaper as soon as I feel the urge a priority. I'm going to really try and make the drinking more water thing work and I'm going to be changing my diet a little so that my bowel movements are a little softer. My goal is this time next year I will have weakened my bladder and bowels to the point of moving from the feeling-thinking-going, to at least the feeling-going stage, then I can start moving to the just going stage. I also plan on trying to be a little more active in the diaper wearing community and really embrace the diaper wearing lifestyle. I'm going to try and update this post as my journey continues and I might start up a blog too although writing is not really my favorite thing to do. 

Anyway thanks for taking your time to read my little update and I look forward to reading your responces. have a wonderfully soggy day. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Babyhawkeye said:

I have found that the rearz Mega Inspire+ with boosters has been my go-to diapers for about 6 months before that I was a mega max guy and wore those for most of my 24/7 journey. I stopped getting mega max as they were way overpriced and were not increasing their product quality at all.

Thanks for the introduction/update! I too have switched to Rearz Inspire+ Mega as they are superior to Megamax in every way, including the price. I believe Northshore is just taking advantage of the ABDL community because they know we'll buy their (pretty good) product, but fortunately there's competition and Rearz just has the better diaper all around. Can confirm.

I'll be at my 3 year mark in November, so we're pretty close in our untraining timeline. And like you I have made very little progress compared to the length of time untraining. My voiding pattern has changed over the years from fairly normal to not being able to feel much until I have a lot of urine in my bladder, then the void becomes a flood. I'd like to get to the frequent voids with low volume pattern but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

I've had a little success in bedwetting especially if alcohol is involved but the majority of the time I sleep through the night and wake up with a full bladder without waking up in between.

The two biggest achievements I have so far is my cruising range is a lot less (i.e., I can't go an hour without being uncomfortable by way of needing to pee. This becomes abundantly clear when I drive in my car for more than an hour, but unfortunately I still can't wet while driving. Another is post void dribble. I leak about 1/2 ounce of urine after peeing in the toilet, regardless if I stand or sit.

Although I don't regularly mess my diaper, I feel like you and I are in a similar situation. Either we're doing something wrong with our untraining or we're one of those folks that'll take 10+ years to get what we want. I just don't know anymore. Thoughts?

Thanks for the update!  It’s very interesting for me to compare notes with fellow travellers on this strange road.  I looked at my own chronicle to see what my own 3rd “nappy-versary” looked like.  I'll quote myself:

In terms of dependency.  During the day things are a bit rusty down there but I’m pretty sure I remain continent.  Sure, there’s a bit of episodic voiding, post void dripping, incomplete voiding and the inability to clench off a void but I still CHOOSE to void, mostly.  I can hold but urgency and drips become things very quickly if I do now.  For a bunch of stuff (such as a long car trip) it’s best that I’m in a nappy.  Peeing whenever and wherever is now so dialled in that I might forget NOT to anyway.

That’s possibly not that far from where you find yourself now.  At night however, it seemed that I might have been a fair bit out in front there.

Nights are quite different now.  Year 3 marked the “turning of the corner” with respect to bedwetting.  Whilst isolated “possible” bedwetting events started to appear after only several months, I’d remained in a pattern of infrequent and strictly speaking, unverified bedwetting for a VERY long time.

Early on in year 3 I learned that I if I go to bed without a nappy, I may still wet the bed although any serious attempt to text or examine my body’s newest trick seemed to scare it off into hiding for days or weeks.  Later in the year I suddenly realised that I was wetter than I thought I should be for more nights than not and then discovered that I could test myself for true bedwetting without it disappearing.  I can now choose to go to bed dry through timing my nappy changes and STILL wake up at 2am to discover myself to be wet.  It’s not every night but it’s probably more than half of them.

Reading that back now, I’m not sure that the frequency of my bedwetting is as high as I’ve claimed but it happened often enough (and still does) to mean that I MUST wear nappies to bed (assuming I want to wake in a dry bed).  I learned the hard way that I was just as likely to pee in my sleep even if I wasn't in a nappy.

There's no doubt in my mind that my bedwetting evolved from a series of "wake/wet/sleep" events during the night that were driven in no small part by hydration and a long daytime habit of high frequency voiding BUT one of the early tricks I learned that seemed to provoke bedwetting in those early days was to make sure I was at least a bit wet before I fell asleep. 

I didn't need to be soaked (in fact, running the risk of leaking was  initially a huge inhibitor, a problem I solved with layered protection), I just needed to be a BIT wet.  I'd just make a point of emptying whatever was left in my bladder just after getting into bed and then fall asleep in it.  This seemed to trick my brain.  It’s as though my subconscious was saying “Well, you’re wet anyway so what’s the harm in a little more?” 

Have you tried this?

There's an emerging body of evidence from the current cohort of 24/7 adherents that bedwetting is actually the FIRST symptom to arise, not the last as the classic "guide" suggests.

26 minutes ago, oznl said:

There's an emerging body of evidence from the current cohort of 24/7 adherents that bedwetting is actually the FIRST symptom to arise, not the last as the classic "guide" suggests.

I think it's time we update this guide.

6 hours ago, oznl said:

Thanks for the update!  It’s very interesting for me to compare notes with fellow travellers on this strange road.  I looked at my own chronicle to see what my own 3rd “nappy-versary” looked like.  I'll quote myself:

In terms of dependency.  During the day things are a bit rusty down there but I’m pretty sure I remain continent.  Sure, there’s a bit of episodic voiding, post void dripping, incomplete voiding and the inability to clench off a void but I still CHOOSE to void, mostly.  I can hold but urgency and drips become things very quickly if I do now.  For a bunch of stuff (such as a long car trip) it’s best that I’m in a nappy.  Peeing whenever and wherever is now so dialled in that I might forget NOT to anyway.

That’s possibly not that far from where you find yourself now.  At night however, it seemed that I might have been a fair bit out in front there.

Nights are quite different now.  Year 3 marked the “turning of the corner” with respect to bedwetting.  Whilst isolated “possible” bedwetting events started to appear after only several months, I’d remained in a pattern of infrequent and strictly speaking, unverified bedwetting for a VERY long time.

Early on in year 3 I learned that I if I go to bed without a nappy, I may still wet the bed although any serious attempt to text or examine my body’s newest trick seemed to scare it off into hiding for days or weeks.  Later in the year I suddenly realised that I was wetter than I thought I should be for more nights than not and then discovered that I could test myself for true bedwetting without it disappearing.  I can now choose to go to bed dry through timing my nappy changes and STILL wake up at 2am to discover myself to be wet.  It’s not every night but it’s probably more than half of them.

Reading that back now, I’m not sure that the frequency of my bedwetting is as high as I’ve claimed but it happened often enough (and still does) to mean that I MUST wear nappies to bed (assuming I want to wake in a dry bed).  I learned the hard way that I was just as likely to pee in my sleep even if I wasn't in a nappy.

There's no doubt in my mind that my bedwetting evolved from a series of "wake/wet/sleep" events during the night that were driven in no small part by hydration and a long daytime habit of high frequency voiding BUT one of the early tricks I learned that seemed to provoke bedwetting in those early days was to make sure I was at least a bit wet before I fell asleep. 

I didn't need to be soaked (in fact, running the risk of leaking was  initially a huge inhibitor, a problem I solved with layered protection), I just needed to be a BIT wet.  I'd just make a point of emptying whatever was left in my bladder just after getting into bed and then fall asleep in it.  This seemed to trick my brain.  It’s as though my subconscious was saying “Well, you’re wet anyway so what’s the harm in a little more?” 

Have you tried this?

@oznlwhere could I find your full 24/7 journey guide?

6 hours ago, oznl said:

...but not for everybody.  I'm over 3 years into full-time wearing and still haven't wet in my sleep, as far as I'm aware.  There's no reason I can see, as I wet pretty much automatically the rest of the time without even thinking about it.

1 hour ago, longislandguy said:

All of these posts are making me feel a bit disillusioned!  I was hoping for at least occasional sleep wetting before years and years!!

Nil desperandum!  Remembering my blog, I managed an unambiguous "event" about 7 months in...

5 hours ago, Diaperman123 said:

@oznlwhere could I find your full 24/7 journey guide?

The whole blog is right here on DD!  Just start at

and say goodbye to a day or two of your life 🤣

• Like 1

Congrats, @Babyhawkeye, 3 years in is a very significant milestone in terms of your commitment, although I found, as you & @oznl have both noted, that there were no really profound physiological changes to report on. I've become and intermittent and inconsistent bedwetter, which is something, but at 4.5 years in, I definitely can still hold it when I'm awake, and I'm not wetting "accidentally" as far as I can tell. It just sucks to have to hold it for more than about 45 minutes, but that's not the same as impossible. I have not ported my #2 habits over to toddler-land, however - I still do that on the potty. 

If by "diaper suits" you are referring to onesies or "diaper shirts", those have changed my life and really are a magic bullet for anyone who wants to wear diapers confidently without owning two dozen knee-length sweaters. 

The Rearz Mega Inspire+ is a great product, and they do compare favourably with the MegaMax, in terms of cost, at least where I live (Canada). I find the Rearz diaper will eventually produce a press-out leak around the backs of your thighs, but, in their Mega capacity, they hold a hell of a lot before they do that. The MegaMax was maybe slightly better in that area, but not 50% better, and that's the cost delta, right now. 

18 hours ago, longislandguy said:

All of these posts are making me feel a bit disillusioned!  I was hoping for at least occasional sleep wetting before years and years!!

I think a lot depends on the individual and their potty training experience.  Mine was I guess very strong for bedwetting as i have trouble even peeing laying down but daywetting is almost subconscious at this point.  I get worried sometimes that if i do wet the bed my partner will get woken up in a puddle and bee pissed (snort chortle) and that might be holding me back.  Our minds are strange things.  Also i feel focusing on it and thinking about it are counter productive like with my daywetting it's gotta become on non issue.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, DiapergirlWB said:

Also i feel focusing on it and thinking about it are counter productive like with my daywetting it's gotta become on non issue.

Me too.  I just let things happen.  It doesn't worry me whether I wet in my sleep or not.  Wetting the rest of the time just happens anyway these days, without me having to think about it.  As an AB, not feeling responsible for my wetting and not worrying about it is part of what I am these days.  The key to it all was way back when I cracked how to nappy myself securely for both day and night, and when I started wearing onesies full-time so there was no risk of anyone inadvertently seeing my nappy or plastic pants.  Since then I've just steamed ahead as a confident toddler.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, DiapergirlWB said:

Also i feel focusing on it and thinking about it are counter productive like with my daywetting it's gotta become on non issue.

This is it for sure. It's like the Heisenberg uncertainty principal whereby it's not possible to know both the location, and the speed of a particle - the more you know about one, the less you can know about the other. Any attempt to observe or measure the subject changes the behaviour of the subject; if you think a lot about a process, in this case, it doesn't behave the way it does when it's autonomous. Measuring and graphing and tinkering with the process makes it less likely to "do anything by itself". 

• Like 2