LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What do you think of my upcycled dresser? (not ABDL related)

Bought this dresser reduced to £10 at a nearby thrift store.

Was in need of TLC and I gave it a makeover.

Sanded it down, painted it dark blue and added wallpaper to the draw fronts and fitted gold harpin style legs to it and added new handles to the draws although I want to remove the handles and have cut out slits at the top of the big draws with smaller wooden ones on the small draws painted the same blue.

Anyway here's a pic

What do you think?THIS.jpg

• Like 7

I am assuming that this Dresser can hold the weight that you plan on putting in it, when I looked at this thing I looked at the legs and wondered how strong they were. There's one thing that I've learned over the years, when I was at my grandmother Leblanc or my grandmother bakers, I always would check to see how bad something is if it is something that is old, or is something that is not something I should hang on to, that was one thing that my family was always warning me of. Certain things that I knew that I shouldn't hold onto, and there's certain things that I know I shouldn't touch, like my grandmother's China Cabinet in St Johnsbury Center VT. I always worried that I was going to hit that thing I was going to have my arm go through it or something, but I always was able to get around it even when I was crawling.

I love what you did with it, and I'm hoping to see what you do with it when you're finished.

Brian

• Thanks 1
On 9/18/2023 at 11:30 PM, Apache Raccoon said:

Bought this dresser reduced to £10 at a nearby thrift store.

Was in need of TLC and I gave it a makeover.

Sanded it down, painted it dark blue and added wallpaper to the draw fronts and fitted gold harpin style legs to it and added new handles to the draws although I want to remove the handles and have cut out slits at the top of the big draws with smaller wooden ones on the small draws painted the same blue.

Anyway here's a pic

What do you think?THIS.jpg

@Apache Raccoon,

I love the result and appreciate the work and effort - and I applaud and congratulate you for implementing the perfect recycling. I presume that, although this took you a lot of hours, but each second of it you enjoyed, and even more, the finished article. I do hope that it will last forever, and during that time it gives you immense pleasure and self-pride. You deserve it and even if it doesn't mean much, I am extremely proud of you.

• Thanks 1

Looks sharp! Very nice! You put in a lot of hard work and it looks better than new! You seem very proud of it and you should be. It's an awesome redesign. 

Next project...upcycled ABDL nursery? Jk jk! But if you ever do one of those, please share pics too! 

• Thanks 1

My wife and I watch a show here in the US called Flea Market Flip where they have a competition to see who can upcycle items for the most profit. Your project reminds me of this show, I am always amazed at the creativity of many people and how they can reimagine some very nasty items. You seem to have this talent, you should post a before and after photo to show the improvements.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, zzzz50 said:

My wife and I watch a show here in the US called Flea Market Flip where they have a competition to see who can upcycle items for the most profit. Your project reminds me of this show, I am always amazed at the creativity of many people and how they can reimagine some very nasty items. You seem to have this talent, you should post a before and after photo to show the improvements.

Is that a new thing in US... instead of flipping burgers, one flips fleas - as it really is not a vegatarian meal... or is that how new vegatarians become.... by reducing meat intake a little at a time.  🤪😜🤣😂

• Like 1