LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can I get kicked out for wearing a swim diaper?

So for starters I'm newly diapered 24/7/365 and as @rusty pinshas said in other posts diapers are my new normal underwear and need to get used to it. With that said I do have a doctor's note stating that I require diapers as well. 

My question is that if I discretely as possible wear a so secure swim diaper (link below) under my bathing suit can a water park or pool kick me out for it? I'm NOT trying to show it off and intend to treat it discreet and private like my normal diaper, but it will be visible at the top waistline and possibly if I bend over. It would be under a swimsuit but I can't hide it fully due to the nature of swimming. 

Since I wear a diaper every day for ibs it feels respectful to wear one in the water as well even if it most likely won't be used. I want to be respectful to others but most importantly not get kicked out. Is this something that is likely to happen. I'm terrified in my mind of causing a scene. 

(Ps. Sorry for posting so much. I have a lot of strong emotions about being 24/7 now)

image.png

2 hours ago, TigerTy said:

So for starters I'm newly diapered 24/7/365 and as @rusty pinshas said in other posts diapers are my new normal underwear and need to get used to it. With that said I do have a doctor's note stating that I require diapers as well. 

My question is that if I discretely as possible wear a so secure swim diaper (link below) under my bathing suit can a water park or pool kick me out for it? I'm NOT trying to show it off and intend to treat it discreet and private like my normal diaper, but it will be visible at the top waistline and possibly if I bend over. It would be under a swimsuit but I can't hide it fully due to the nature of swimming. 

Since I wear a diaper every day for ibs it feels respectful to wear one in the water as well even if it most likely won't be used. I want to be respectful to others but most importantly not get kicked out. Is this something that is likely to happen. I'm terrified in my mind of causing a scene. 

(Ps. Sorry for posting so much. I have a lot of strong emotions about being 24/7 now)

image.png

@TigerTy:

Since you state IBS, wearing protection when swimming would be reasonable.

If the pool is privately owned (and run), they could set their own rules.  If it is open to the public, then ADA might kick in, and as long as you immediately get out of the poll if the IBS hits while swimming with proper protection and properly handle the situation, you would likely be OK.  However, you need to read the rules for the pool...  Improper handling of bowel issues while in the pool could shut the whole pool down, and if that happened, you would likely not be welcome back at the pool....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What zzyzx said.  Since you are now 24/7 but stated in other posts it started more as "just in case" because your OAB has caused 5 or 6 messing accidents over the past year or two, I'd wear one just in case but, as you mentioned in your post, do you very best not to mess yourself while in the pool.  It sounds like you still have pretty good control and usually time enough to make it to a bathroom to poop if there is one close by, so I would wear your swim diaper and if you get the urge you have to poop, get out of the pool immediately.  Even if you might not quite make it to the restroom before filling your diaper, at least you won't be messing in the pool.

• Like 1

The issue is not that I plan on using it and more that the park/pool will take issue with me having it on in the first place and not let me swim. I'm worried that they will think I'm either 1: not in control enough to be trusted in the water, or 2: weird and don't deserve to stay. 

1 hour ago, rusty pins said:

Show them your doctor's note and remind them of laws for disabled people.

Those laws have "reasonableness" attached to them. Otherwise me and Stevie Wonder would have drivers' licenses instead of having to rely on mass transit, which is just enough for the city

29 minutes ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

Those laws have "reasonableness" attached to them. Otherwise me and Stevie Wonder would have drivers' licenses instead of having to rely on mass transit, which is just enough for the city

What is considered reasonable? Seems highly subjective and unless a policy is clearly written like at Great Wolf Lodge which clearly states it's expected for anyone in diapers, it leaves a lot up to whoever you run into. To me it's very reasonable, but that's just my personal opinion. 

I'm specifically going on vacation to universal and and trying to figure out their policy. I asked and got sassed by the agent without a real answer. I felt really bad after because it was a real question. 

2 hours ago, TigerTy said:

What is considered reasonable? Seems highly subjective and unless a policy is clearly written like at Great Wolf Lodge which clearly states it's expected for anyone in diapers, it leaves a lot up to whoever you run into. To me it's very reasonable, but that's just my personal opinion. 

I'm specifically going on vacation to universal and and trying to figure out their policy. I asked and got sassed by the agent without a real answer. I felt really bad after because it was a real question. 

Exactly your first point. Some pools may not allow swim diapers in the case of fecal IC because they may think that the odds of spreading some kind of infection are unacceptably higth while others may think it would be all right

Since 2008 I have not been able to read paper and ink print. I have informed the Fall River Housing Authority of this since at least 2012, Yet they have not made arrangements for some other form of communications. I cannot be the only severely visually impaired client of theirs and the Americans with Disabilities  Act was signed in 1990; more than a quarter of a century ago! The Fall Rivier Housing Authority is a Mass State run agency: "To err is human: But to Fuck it Up Beyond All Redemption, you GOTTA get the government in on it!They have a time reversal device they use to turn lemonade back into lemns

• Like 1

Guess I just need to try and be brave. Worst that happens is that I get embarrassed and asked to leave, but otherwise I feel safe and have a great day. It's not risk free, but it beats not wearing. I'm just going to go have fun with my supportive friends.

3 hours ago, TigerTy said:

You should search the park info directly or ask the park's folks who explicitly answer ADA type questions. 

You didn't say which Universal park.  From the Universal site covering Florida:

"Diaper age children must wear swim diapers covered by their swimsuit."

So, they expect those needing diapers to use a swim diaper in areas where a swimsuit would be appropriate....  I didn't see anything in the info explicitly about adults with incontinence issues, but what is said for children I would expect to apply.  Contact the park directly if you want a more direct answer.

Sorry you got harassed about this. One thing I would recommend is to do a test run with whatever swim diaper you plan to use. Probably the best place to try this is in your bathtub if you have one. Put the swim diaper on and poop in it and see what happens. Also best to heed rusty pins advice. Better to fill your diaper on the way to the restroom rather than in the pool.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, olympus said:

Sorry you got harassed about this. One thing I would recommend is to do a test run with whatever swim diaper you plan to use. Probably the best place to try this is in your bathtub if you have one. Put the swim diaper on and poop in it and see what happens. Also best to heed rusty pins advice. Better to fill your diaper on the way to the restroom rather than in the pool.

That's the plan. I DO NOT plan to use them for any reason, but they are an additional an safety measure. I have a condo pool that when it's quiet will be a perfect place for a test run is there too noticeable 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 11:24 PM, TigerTy said:

image.png

Well man the answer I can think of is they shouldn't bug you as it is actually a medical need and violates the ADA or Disibility Rights act wherever you are located if they harass you about it. I mean honestly if it were me and they said something I would say "shure let me take off my medical clothing to make you feel more secure and I want you to remember that as you close the place down for cleaning" and turn towards the rest room because honestly kicking you out is discrimination against medical conditions and asking you to remove any medical equipment is against the law. 

Diapers are classified as medical equipment.

So technically they by law are required to enshure you don't remove the medical equipment while you are there or deal with the aftermath.

Same as if someone has a insulin pump if somehow it comes off in the pool or water park they are required to call ambulance if the person gets extremely sick. 

To be frankly honest you could probally just wear the swim diaper as the bathing suit and have them not be able to say anything legally. But I would stick with your first Idea as I think wearing just a swim diaper would be embarassing as hell.

I have been to waterparks and public pools with incontintent friends before and nobody has ever said anything. Most people will not be looking at your butt to see if you are wearing a diaper, and if your diaper is secure and you are being mindful of your IBS so as to get out of the water and take care of it as quickly as possible, nobody will say a thing. If all else fails, and I really don't think it's likely things will get to this point, you can pull the ADA card. The waterpark will not want public word getting out that they are inconsiderate of people with medical issues.

Obvious you are not going to wear a bikini or speedo suit - - -

Urine is not a problem for most all pools spas treated with chemicals i.e. chlorine -

unless there is a large noticeable dark yellow discharge AND it is noticed !

As to Number 2 - get out and stay out of any pool until your business is concluded  and cleaned up (maybe diaper change?)

God helps those who help themselves - God help those who get caught messing around !

I hope you get to enjoy water parks, public pools etc with no issues OP! I did a little googling and found mostly a bunch of ads for adult swim diapers (some of which looked super cute). Most of my search result rules seemed geared towards HOAs and apartment complexes and those rulings mostly fell under HUD rules, not ADA. I'd assume they'd also apply towards hotels. I didn't look into any legal rulings or ADA laws and I didn't poke around on Westlaw to find any relevant court cases so I'm not sure what the legal precedent would be- and even then that could vary by state or municipality. 

I got results for various waterparks rules and that seemed to vary from park to park. Some didn't mention swim diapers and the ones that did worded it like:

I think wearing a swim diaper in case of an accident is a good idea. :) 

• Thanks 2

Wow. Thanks @Cute_Kitten for the research work. That's impressive. The likelihood of needing it is almost zero, but it's nice to be safe and comfy.

Fun fact, I've been wearing my so secure swim diaper wakeboarding and it's so much more comfortable and stretchy than my standard compression shorts. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner! I'm no longer afraid of anyone finding it after going riding a few times at my local cable park. I do wear under my board shorts of course

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TigerTy said:

Wow. Thanks @Cute_Kitten for the research work. That's impressive. The likelihood of needing it is almost zero, but it's nice to be safe and comfy.

Fun fact, I've been wearing my so secure swim diaper wakeboarding and it's so much more comfortable and stretchy than my standard compression shorts. I can't believe I didn't try it sooner! I'm no longer afraid of anyone finding it after going riding a few times at my local cable park. I do wear under my board shorts of course

I'm glad you have a swim diaper you're comfy in. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure (even if it's a very very small chance) plus being protected may help you feel more confident so you don't have to worry about an accident and you can just enjoy yourself and have fun! I think most people wouldn't be on the look out for an adult in a diaper so they wouldn't notice it unless it was blatantly obvious. 

If you're going to any public pools or water parks and you're not sure of the rules, it would probably be best to contact them ahead of time to find out their policies. And if they end up being jerks and a problem does arise, getting in touch with a lawyer who specializes in ADA law would probably be the best course.  I truly hope that doesn't happen- most places seem to be more progressive and aware and open about accomodating guests with disabilities, but you never know. 

• Thanks 1

It would be interesting to see the gift shop at Splash Harbor.  I'm sure they would have toddler size swim diapers but not only would it be interesting to see adult size swim diapers right next to the toddler ones, but also adults buying them at the check out counter.  Embarrassing (well, maybe not for everyone).

I use a swim diaper combination and have never been outed for it showing over my shorts. Just got a few surprised looks on occasion while changing out of it and to a regular diaper in the changing rooms.

Any public or amusement facility will have a rule pertaining to incontinence or diaper-dependent users. For those venues, I use these:
https://www.amazon.com/Swimmates-Disposable-Swim-Diapers-Medium/dp/B00KY3YWRK
under a similar washable brief like yours, from InControl: https://incontroldiapers.com/blue-adult-swim-diaper/

However, I have been to some that required vinyl or latex cover pants in addition to the diaper. In those situations, I've found these to prove helpful by keeping water out of my diaper:
https://incontroldiapers.com/transparent-seamless-latex-brief/