LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How often do you wet the bed

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 4:11 PM, Pampertimmy said:

I wet the bed every night and have for a few years now. It’s what I wanted and it’s what I’ve gotten. No dry diapers for me in the morning.

Same here, when my bedwetting came back after a long dry spell in my later 40s I decided I was just going to see what happened and not fight it. I just slipped back in to my soggy smelly habit and am never dry at night now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not too often, I typically get the "Pee Dream"  which can occur as little as once a month, sometimes more. Today was an exception, I just woke up about 45 minutes ago in a wet diaper, no pee dream. I was a bit surprised to be honest as typically if I have to go I will usually wake up (either because of the dream or just feeling like I need to go), this time. Nothing. Slept really well only to realize I felt a bit squishy.

• Like 1

I occasionally have diaper leaks and wet the bed but the diaper I wear every night is wet every morning and is damp every night before I go to sleep. Just sleep better in a damp diaper.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Gejoe said:

I occasionally have diaper leaks and wet the bed but the diaper I wear every night is wet every morning and is damp every night before I go to sleep. Just sleep better in a damp diaper.

Me too.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 11:52 PM, DiaperedJeff said:

I wake up with a wet diaper almost every morning. I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants just as I did as a child in the early 1950s. I enjoy watching the morning news in my wet diaper.

I usually have my breakfast and then shower and change.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe 4-5 nights per week I guess. As I’ve shared elsewhere, I never stopped wetting the bed as a kid, and not for lack of the usual efforts by parents to bring about dry nights. Then, shortly before I hit my teens, this diaper thing got fun and I didn’t want to stop.

The problem — or opportunity, depending on how you view it — is that if you get your bedwetting controlled down to even only once per week, you don’t know what night that will be. So you wear diapers to bed every night just in case, and hope to wake up dry — or wet, if that’s what you want, and wet is what I wanted.

There was a forum several years ago where parents would post ideas, success and failures, regarding efforts to get their kids to stop wetting the bed. I’m sure there are still a lot of those. Parents were becoming aware of our community when some found their kids starting to want diapers. The question they would debate was whether having their bedwetting kids wear diapers to bed was a gateway to the DL lifestyle/interest. Some were reluctant to use diapers out of fear they kids would get into ABDL. 

I don’t think a consensus was ever achieved. I’ve thought about my experiences. How would things have been different if I were not already wearing diapers to bed and wetting them years beyond when kids normally stay dry at night?   I don’t know.

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Maybe 4-5 nights per week I guess. As I’ve shared elsewhere, I never stopped wetting the bed as a kid, and not for lack of the usual efforts by parents to bring about dry nights. Then, shortly before I hit my teens, this diaper thing got fun and I didn’t want to stop.

The problem — or opportunity, depending on how you view it — is that if you get your bedwetting controlled down to even only once per week, you don’t know what night that will be. So you wear diapers to bed every night just in case, and hope to wake up dry — or wet, if that’s what you want, and wet is what I wanted.

There was a forum several years ago where parents would post ideas, success and failures, regarding efforts to get their kids to stop wetting the bed. I’m sure there are still a lot of those. Parents were becoming aware of our community when some found their kids starting to want diapers. The question they would debate was whether having their bedwetting kids wear diapers to bed was a gateway to the DL lifestyle/interest. Some were reluctant to use diapers out of fear they kids would get into ABDL. 

I don’t think a consensus was ever achieved. I’ve thought about my experiences. How would things have been different if I were not already wearing diapers to bed and wetting them years beyond when kids normally stay dry at night?   I don’t know.

I went back to nappies at 15 and I am sure these prolonged my bedwetting. The reason was twofold. One my folks gave up trying to get me dry at night once the continence nurse issued me with nappies and a fitted cover for my bed and having nappies again was like giving me permission to wet the bed. I had no incentive to stop wetting and the nappies and my folks no longer caring whether I wet or not gave me all the encouragement I needed to carry on wetting the bed. Plus for some unexplained reason I liked being a bedwetter and still do.

• Thanks 1
On 7/5/2023 at 11:53 PM, Nancy2 said:

My husband is the bedwetter and I diaper him every night before bed.  He very seldom wakes up in a dry diaper.

Did you know he was a bedwetter when you married him and how did you react if you did? I remember reading an advice column a few years ago where the columnist addressed the issue of newlywed women finding out their husbands were bedwetters. Most apparently weren't happy about it at all. My bedwetting largely cleared up by my early 20s after I (mostly) stopped drinking. I had a gf later in my 20s and wet our bed one night after I was out drinking with some of the guys from work. My gf was furious at me. After that if I was drinking I had to sleep on small single bed we put against the wall at the far side of the bedroom. "And you have to clean it up!" she said to me. We stayed together for about a year.

10 hours ago, stevewet said:

I went back to nappies at 15 and I am sure these prolonged my bedwetting. The reason was twofold. One my folks gave up trying to get me dry at night once the continence nurse issued me with nappies and a fitted cover for my bed and having nappies again was like giving me permission to wet the bed. I had no incentive to stop wetting and the nappies and my folks no longer caring whether I wet or not gave me all the encouragement I needed to carry on wetting the bed. Plus for some unexplained reason I liked being a bedwetter and still do.

Yes, that’s very close to my experience except I was never out of them at night. Before I really started to love bedwetting, I think I just took it as just the way I was. It was inconvenient in that I had to get cleaned up in the morning before leaving for school. But I was used to it. I’m sure if I started wetting the bed all of a sudden in my early teens as something new, I would have had a different attitude — I guess?

Never went to any sleepovers or camps, so that wasn’t an issue.

My parents also gave up, but did so when I was is the early years of school. After all, what do you do after restricting fluids in the evening, watching the diet, etc? There were no meds to try back then. Or, at least I never tried any if there were prescription meds to help.

When I started loving diapers, bedwetting became a great way to have them and wear them. I’m sure I would have sabotaged any efforts by my parents to cure me of bedwetting by secretly drinking a bunch of water before bed. Actually, I eventually starting doing that sometimes anyway after diaper wearing became fun.

Interesting how some of the same themes appear in most of our stories and histories.

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Never went to any sleepovers or camps, so that wasn’t an issue.

My parents also gave up, but did so when I was is the early years of school. After all, what do you do after restricting fluids in the evening, watching the diet, etc? There were no meds to try back then. Or, at least I never tried any if there were prescription meds to help.

Interesting how some of the same themes appear in most of our stories and histories.

I went to summer sports camp at 14 because I convinced my mom I had control over my bedwetting. Well I didnt and ended up wetting the bed. It wasnt my finest moment.

As for medications, your about the same age I am and maybe a little younger. I was put on a drug called amyltriptilyne (spelling?). Its usually used as an antidepression med and has been around since the 1950s but has alternative uses like for bedwetting in children and young adults. I took it for maybe a year and didnt like it because it made me feel lethargical and dehydrated. It did reduce the bedwetting but isnt a cure because wetting at night returns when you go off of it. I suspect they have better meds available these days.

• Thanks 1

Last night I truly wet the bed as my protection level failed me, and I woke up in a wet spot.  Had to get up, change my protection and deal with the wet spot .  My wife will be on my case today about improving my overnight protection again, something we agreed to do as warranted, and I can't ignore the threat any longer.  Pullups are no longer going to be acceptable, even with my active wear Gary pants,  it's on to good taped on overnight briefs going forward!

On 9/14/2023 at 7:46 AM, rubbersheetmike said:

Did you know he was a bedwetter when you married him and how did you react if you did? I remember reading an advice column a few years ago where the columnist addressed the issue of newlywed women finding out their husbands were bedwetters. Most apparently weren't happy about it at all. My bedwetting largely cleared up by my early 20s after I (mostly) stopped drinking. I had a gf later in my 20s and wet our bed one night after I was out drinking with some of the guys from work. My gf was furious at me. After that if I was drinking I had to sleep on small single bed we put against the wall at the far side of the bedroom. "And you have to clean it up!" she said to me. We stayed together for about a year.

.He started wetting the bed after we were married.  Dr thinks it’s an over active bladder.  I tease him a bit about if he is going to wet the bed like a baby he should be diapered like a baby.  The humiliation is a turn on 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Nancy2 said:

.He started wetting the bed after we were married.  Dr thinks it’s an over active bladder.  I tease him a bit about if he is going to wet the bed like a baby he should be diapered like a baby.  The humiliation is a turn on 😊

Great attitude.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Nancy2 said:

My wife is great about my bedwetting. It doesn't phase her at all.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...