LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ConfiDry Diapers Discontinued

So I wear for medical reasons but Im also a DL/ABDL. 

Went to order my case of diapers this month and was told that the manufacture has discontinued them. 

ConfiDry 24/7 Adult Diaper Brief,

SKU DC-247-L.

it was a great diaper, plastic backed, large taps, large tabs, totally white with no markings or colors to stand out. Incredible absorbency.  

Have no idea why the manufacture would discontinue this great product. Will be missed. 🥺

Radioman

• Like 1

According to my discussions with XP Medical, and as to my experience with ConfiDry, they went to hell. XP tells me that they were totally non-responsive to the quality issues. Those issues included poor quality control. Diapers were of inconsistent material, thickness and weight. Tabs were literally unglued, badly cut, or had differing amounts of glue on each tab. Absorbancy differed from diaper to diaper. In other words, they became unpredictable.

XP Medical informed me that ConfiDry did not respond to inquiries, complaints, or other forms of questions and correspondence. Consequently, they have decided to drop them.

On the other hand, or diaper, they've had the opposite response with Better Dry. They not only respond to questions, they also act quickly to resolve XP's questions and issues. Consequently, they've shifted from Confidru to Better Dry and have also shifted me some time ago. They address quality and tape issues quickly.

In the end, it seems that Better Dry was the always the better choice but took time to get there.

Price wise, they are a tad bit less, but you get 15/bag instead of 22.

• Like 1

Dry24/7 has been my favorite daytime diaper for several years now. I HAVE had a few recently that had defective, or mis-placed or missing tapes.

But over all, I liked that they're all white, with no printing, lines or stripes on them. I also like that they didn't have a landing strip for the tapes. They seemed to be most like the all-white Pampers of the 70's, that my mom use to put inside my underpants for my bedwetting.

• Like 1

I too rely on Confidry 27/7's for daytime use and was buying from XP. It seems each time I buy a case there seems to be a difference. My last 2 cases I noticed that they seemed thinner and this is corroborated by the leaks I've been experiencing. Major leaks, out in public leaks, soaking the truck seat leaks. I originally settled on Confidry for my daily driver specifically because in order of importance they were practically bullet proof leakwise, were plastic backed, were plain white with no printing or stripes, didn't swell up to montserous proportions and cost. Obviously I should have switched some time ago but the devil you know is safer than the devil you don't know. I guess I'll start cycling through the very limited selection that meet my needs like Betterdry and Bambino Bianco and make a decision.

Hugs,

Freta

• Like 2

Despite their likely well earned reputation as a premium diaper I never had great luck with Dry/27. The tapes only half worked and the fit was weird for my body. I love Betterdry and use them often.

• Like 1

I have read people talking about how great Confidry 24/7 diapers were, so around 4 years ago I decided to order a package.  I was checking them out on XP Medical and saw Betterdry diapers.  They sounded like a great diaper but I still planned on the Confidry 24/7's.  At the last minute (partially in response to my questions in the chat room about which diaper people thought was better), I ordered the Betterdry's.  I loved them!  Still, I wondered if the Confidry 24/7's that I chose not to get at the last minute would be even better.  Next time I needed to order diapers (rare that I order premium diapers), I got the Confidry 24/7.  I was disappointed in them.  The absorption kinda seemed to be there but the fit and comfort wasn't as good as the Betterdry's.  I don't use premium diapers that much but I will stick with Betterdry, Abena L4 and Molicare.  My next order will be buying a pack of Beyond XP5000 and Betterdry Day diapers, unless XP Medical gets the regular Betterdry diapers in my size in stock before I place my order in about a week.

• Like 2
On 4/6/2023 at 10:43 AM, FretaBWet said:

I too rely on Confidry 27/7's for daytime use and was buying from XP. It seems each time I buy a case there seems to be a difference. My last 2 cases I noticed that they seemed thinner and this is corroborated by the leaks I've been experiencing. Major leaks, out in public leaks, soaking the truck seat leaks. I originally settled on Confidry for my daily driver specifically because in order of importance they were practically bullet proof leakwise, were plastic backed, were plain white with no printing or stripes, didn't swell up to montserous proportions and cost. Obviously I should have switched some time ago but the devil you know is safer than the devil you don't know. I guess I'll start cycling through the very limited selection that meet my needs like Betterdry and Bambino Bianco and make a decision.

Hugs,

Freta

@FretaBWet

I would definitely not want to be dealing with Comfidry 24/7!

based on what I have heard and seen, it just seems like like everyone says the quality of diaper itself It used to be a really good, Used to be something that was usable, used to be comfortable, used to be plastic back or probably or probably still is, but the quality and the workmanship of such a diaper is in the toilet!

What I always used to say is that when you have incontinence, you need a good diaper! the diaper is only as good as the manufacturer that makes it, And the manufacturer of on its products needs to understand, needs to understand, that when you use a diaper, you're not putting on a paper towel and just and just sprinkling a little bit of liquid in it! when you are a diaper wearer, , or your incontinent, you are expecting that you are going to use it, and if a company makes good products, and is has a good reputation, for many years, and then the quality of the diaper goes down the tubes, people that have been relying on good quality products, now need to search for better quality products, and better made diapers. people that make diapers that fall apart or don't even do what they're supposed to do, really need to have their head examined because what is the reason that they go downhill! do they really expect people who rely on their diapers to end up expecting their diapers to go down the toilet? no, the diaper is their toilet, so they need a good diaper, they need good products, and they need a company that's going that's going to be able to provide them that service, for reasonable price, and the reasonable expectation that you're not using a bounty paper towel! to have anything less than that is disgraceful and is not even worthy of the word diaper!

Insurance companies complain that things get expensive, insurance companies complain that you need prior authorizations, insurance companies claim that everybody uses the same diapers, everybody uses cloth back diapers, or everybody uses a particular company, and they only authorize so much, and they use the same guidelines for each individual, because they don't wanna pay for what someone needs. If somebody isn't willing to pay good money to get good product, how is a person who is trying to deal with incontinence supposed to deal with it, when the diapers they have relied on for umpteen years Decides to take a back seat and fall apart!  @FretaBWet And her partner probably think that it's time to change the diaper brand to something else, and I would think that that would be an appropriate thing to do. I wish there was a way that we could teach these diaper manufacturers how to make plastic backed diapers and put the pull up class which is just basically glorified brownie paper towels with no absorption into a class by themselves, the junk class! If you are totally incontinent both ways and you're severely incontinent, there's no way shape or form that you're going to use such an incontinence product, because you can't rely on it. When I put on a mega Max for example, I know that I can probably unload a full load both ways, And while it might be a little uncomfortable, at least if I'm dressed properly and properly protected, I know that I'm not gonna be running all over the place and having a huge mess follow behind me! diaper manufacturers don't understand that the cheaper they go the harder it is to get good product, And that means that it is a blow to the company's reputation, because everybody is doing the same thing making cheap throwaways, that don't even last more than maybe more than maybe an hour, And then they have these people that are contracting with nursing homes to give them thousands and thousands and thousands of products, but it isn't even helpful to the person who needs the 100% protection.

I understand that people wanna save money, but the best thing that you can do is get the best that you can afford, that helps you do what you need! you may have to pull out the stops in order to ask your state Medicaid agency, And luckily I was able to get that approval, so I don't have to use the junk anymore, but it is a laughing shame that I have to or that I had to instruct Vermont Medicaid to go to rearz.ca and show them what I think a diaper is, And I had to describe it! I can't believe that you would have to go that limit, because most people know what a plastic back diaper is, but they don't want to spend the time the money or The expense of making quality anything any more. it makes me wonder sometimes if for example if I needed a hose for my nebulizer, would they be making it out of the same paper straws that you get from a mcdonald's, so that they can save money? of course not, it's gonna be made out of plastic, and you don't have to question what does hose is made out of because it's made out of plastic and it is something that is used and then eventually replaced. I don't have to ask the provider of my equipment what my hose is made out of, but I always have to wonder what a diaper is made out of because is it any good?

In my case Mega Max's Have been my primary, And before that, I was using the abina M4S plastic backed. I was also at one point using the Molicare Super plus, And at no time did I even have to worry Then when I ordered it that I was gonna get tabbed underwear that acted as if they were bounty paper towels!

I always say to myself I wish that some of the idiots that would say to me to is there wonderful products, which are basically junk, we're forced to use their own products, and that's all they get, then they would see just how bad whatever they make is, And maybe if the company president or CEO of some of these diaper manufacturers were forced to use some of the products they make, they would be forced by design and by being forced to use inadequate products to make better ones. you don't make Ford vans that are throw awayable, and you don't make engines that blow up in two weeks! there is an expectation for example that certain products are going to last and they're going to be quality, But apparently companies companies and insurance providers decide to have everybody make the cheapest stuff possible, and that's the only thing that they'll cover, unless you go through a complicated song and dance like I did, and everybody will ask me how the world did you get megamax is covered under Medicaid!  @FretaBWet said that I'm a very lucky man because I have the support of the Vermont Medicaid division, as well as all of my medical providers, and they know that I need them. I made it perfectly clear to the doctor when I made the decision to use diapers that I wanted something that was plastic backed and I wanted him to say that I was totally severely incontinent both directions! Then I wanted him to put it in my medical records so that there's no way somebody cannot find out that I am incontinent and in need of plastic back incontinence products! this way you get rid of all of these crappy things that are made, because you can get exactly what you need. some having a plastic back diaper is more comfortable than having a messy one, in the last time I had hospital stay of more than a week, I had to basically watch as my drainage bag was draining out the hole that they made in my side, and My fecal matter was coming out of that hole, and it was making it very very very uncomfortable and very angry red, And they had to keep changing the bag because of the mess it was draining. they also ended up having to make sure it was really tight, and if it wasn't done right, it would be terrible and I would have a severe infection!

It's a crying shame that diaper companies decide to go down the toilet simply to save money! people have to be able to get the type of diapers that they need in order to make it easier for themselves and or for their caregivers. if someone finds a diaper that works for them, and it has been something they can rely on, and then the company decides to change the way it's made, or is acquired by somebody else who is a business mogul, that wants to be a super conglomerate in the diaper world, there's something wrong. People need quality products, people need products that they can rely on, not the ability to get 1,000 products, and have to use four or five or six diapers in order to get the same absorption rate.

They make the type of diapers that we're talking about because of people who are severely incontinent both ways, who cannot use diapers diapers that are cloth back and don't have any absorption. That's what I don't get, insurance coverages decide that they can get away with something, rather than to make sure that they are providing quality and also keeping their word as well as their integrity intact. when they end up deciding to let everything go to hell, it makes everybody that's relied on good products for 10:15 or 20 years Think twice about wanting to ever buy from them again, simply because they decide to cut corners.

That would be like if @DailyDi Took his Jeep in to be looked at or inspected, according to whatever laws are in Alabama, and when he took his Jeep in his brakes we're working fine, and he wants them looked at, and they end up doing something to his brakes so that they don't work at all. mike expects that when he steps on the brakes he's gonna be able to stop his vehicle, and not smashing to something or hurt someone. there's an expectation that he's gonna have good breaks, and that there is also a reasonable expectation that him his mom or anyone else that he transports is not going to be hurt. Why can't it be the same thing for a diaper manufacturer! we as people in the diaper community Expect that we're going to use their product but we also should have an expectation that the product will function and do what we need it to do, rather than to have a company after 20 years of making a good product to go down the tubes! to me there is no excuse for this, And when people do this, it ends up putting a hard block up, because people will consider good product, and when somebody complaints about the changes, people may say that it's exactly the same type of diaper it's always been, when we know the truth!

I also don't like to be in a situation where they end up making diapers more expensive but the quality goes down!  All the there are people that need the good diapers, and they also need to have companies that are willing to throw all the junk that is insurance insurance company gives us for reasoning to go cheap out the window and make things that are usable and make people happy comfortable And there's always the idea the idea that there is a warranty of habitability for example for someplace where you live, But there's also a warranty of Usability as far as I can see, even though there might not be something that something that sounds exactly like that, but a product has to be quality Otherwise why make!

maybe one of these days I'll try the Bambino Blancos Or maybe what I'll do is I'll try to do the bambino's at some point but I'm not sure which one it is! however, I certainly do hope that companies do not start going down the tubes because they decide to go cheap! to do so is almost like shooting yourself in the foot where the shotgun: it's gonna hurt your business and it's gonna hurt your reputation, and your business reputation and your integrity are the most important things that I look for, because you have to be trusted that way that what you get is going to work for you, and you have to be able to trust that the company that you are going to get diapers from Will send you diapers, rather than dynamite sticks! He he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he he!

Brian

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I heard about that too, and while I've never tried them I've heard they were a great diaper. But at least we still have BetterDry.😁 And those are an good diapee too!😁😃♥️💯🚼🍼👶♥️🤗😇

• Like 1

This is sad news! I’m tempted to buy a bag as these were some of the diapers I dreamed of wearing in my younger years when I was unable to order diapers online safley. Of course when I was finally able to buy diapers to my hearts content these never seemed to make the order sheet…