LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Lost some Posts

DailyDi

We had a system failure today that took about an hour to fix, but the fix included rolling back the database to this morning's backup. So anything posted after 9am today was lost and will need to be reposted. Sorry for the hassle.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

We had a system failure today that took about an hour to fix, but the fix included rolling back the database to this morning's backup. So anything posted after 9am today was lost and will need to be reposted. Sorry for the hassle.

@DailyDi

I'm sorry to hear that you had lost some posts. This is why it is very important And you know it better than anyone Mike, that you have to keep a current backup of your databases.  I learned that the entire website that I for example own, is based slowly on the SQL, and not specifically the content, but without the database you have no content.

I'm also glad to hear that you were able to recover from the system failure, and those can be quite common: it also could be due to hard drive failure or other hardware issues, and I've had actual hard drives fail on me, as well as my time on Tallahassee free net where we had to deal with failure of drivers, which ended up resulting in people's files being deleted, So we have to go back to older backups. Now that I've learned my lesson about not backing up certain databases, every single stinking time I end up doing a backup I back up my databases every single one of them!

i'm glad to see that your back up!

Brian

Glad you had a backup.  I often have several in different locations.  Recently at work, I burned through three backups and had to go to raw dump and ddl files for a db. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/7/2023 at 5:54 AM, 2sail2 said:

Glad you had a backup.  I often have several in different locations.  Recently at work, I burned through three backups and had to go to raw dump and ddl files for a db. 

How did that happen?