LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Alcohol and bedwetting

pantyman

When I was younger I would have to be falling down drunk for me to wet the bed when I slept. As time went on and the years have gone past it  slowly progressed to more often wetting the bed than not when drunk. Now at my mature age if I even drink a small amount , enough to feel it but not falling down drunk I will wet the bed. Now I do drink more than I should! Usually five out of 7 days in a week I will consume alcohol. And so five out of seven days I wet the bed. Currently I have a urinary tract infection that means that I have to go to the bathroom an awful lot. Being i wear a diaper to bed I have been relieving myself while lying down. But this past weekend both days that I didn't drink I woke up in the morning with a swollen diaper. I think I have finally crossed the line into being a full time bedwetter. I am actually okay with that. So I am going to continue the way I've been doing things for the next month. And then maybe I will take a break and see if it continues.

• Like 3

Alcohol definitely increases the likelihood of there being a nocturnal emissions event, but it is no longer an absolute requirement. It just "helps", if you can call it that. I've been wearing diapers to bed for more than 4 years, and in the last couple of years, there have been instances of bedwetting that did not involve being on the sauce the previous evening, although more of them probably did than didn't. But, regardless, like you, I can definitely say that I "need" to wear protection at night now. Even if I'm not drinking. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had this happen to me this past friday night, I got off work early and the weather was great so I did some bbq and beer. I knew it could happen but sometimes it dose not. Well it did and my couch got wet but thankfully I have Scotchgard on it. The bad part is I kept thinking I should put on a diaper but I just kept drinking beer and I paid the price.

• Like 1

Alcohol, to the body, is a poison. As a result, the body tries to get rid of it at a cost to its water balance.

Side Effects -

• Numbness - as the water / chemicals that keep our nevous system working is transfered to the blood system etc to dilute consumed alcohol.
  • Increased urine production - get alcohol out of the body overloading the actions of vasopressin.
  • Passing out - to prevent further consumption of alcohol.

This combination means that for most, when they consume alcohol, there is a high chance that they will empty their full bladder while asleep.

As one gets older, ones body get more used to identifying alcohol keys and the bladder gets less elastic and can hold less. I suggest that those who play with diapers, due to their predilection to wet themselves for fun etc, that before consuming alcohol, that they wear diapers OR, as soon as they get home before doing anything else, they diaper themselves - because they will fall asleep, and once asleep, have a high chance of wetting themselves.

If one consumes enough alcohol, they will also mess themselves while asleep - so diapers are almost a prerequisite.

This topic reminds me of a Bob Monkhouse joke:- This Lieutant General (quoted as one of the princes of ther UK royal family) was celebrating with the lower ranks and drank a lot of alcohol. Rather than fall down drunk with the enlisted, he decides to leave early and go back to his barracks. While walking across the parade ground, the cold night air made him feel sick so he vomited. Unaware, a little of the sick got on his tunic. When he got back to his room, he fell down asleep across his bunk. He was awoken the next morning by his aide brushing the now dried vomit from the front of his tunic. The Lieutant General, in order to save face, told his aide that an enlisted man got sick on him and should be put in the Brig for a week for doing same. His aide replied - why not make it 2 weeks... as that enlisted man also shit in the Lieutant General's pants!

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm late to the post but this is my personal matter with alcohol and diapers. Apparently my bladder does not get as intoxicated as I do. There have probably been 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years where I've over indulged with either beer or bourbon went to bed not diapered and woke up dry. By over indulged I mean there are things that my wife tells me I did that I don't remember. So some serious drinking went on. I'm never going to try and drink enough that I wet the bed because it may kill me. I'm resigned to the fact I'll probably never wet myself while I'm asleep. I also apologize. I didn't notice that this was in the bedwetters section and obviously I'm not. 

Edited by Dprczyone
Clarification
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Pootattoo said:

I can't seem to imbibe anymore, Any amount of alcohol just gives me a migraine...

That's what can happen when you get older.  My stomach can't handle hard liqueur anymore, not that I drank much anyway, but a shot of brandy or whisky a few times a year was nice.  Now it's rare I drink anything with alcohol in it. 

For me if I drink more than one beer or a few glasses of wine it has to be a premium diaper to bed. I do wet a lot more when I've been drinking, like many others.

• 2 months later...

It was explained to me decades ago that alcohol interferes with the production of the antidiuretic hormone that reduces the amount of urine produced during the night. So if you've already got a medical issue, have a muscle control problem or you're a deep sleeper and you're drinking alcohol you're far more likely to wake up soaked during the night or in the morning.

15 minutes ago, rubbersheetmike said:

It was explained to me decades ago that alcohol interferes with the production of the antidiuretic hormone that reduces the amount of urine produced during the night. So if you've already got a medical issue, have a muscle control problem or you're a deep sleeper and you're drinking alcohol you're far more likely to wake up soaked during the night or in the morning.

Alcohol is a poison to the body, so the body tries to get rid of it by diluting it with water. Thus, one constantly fills ones bladder. That is what a duretic is - it increases ones need to void. However, alcohol being a poison, the body also prevents ones intake of same as a side effect of its need for water to dilute and void same. This causes one to loose certain nerve sensations and, at larger quantities, one passes out. The reason this happens is that the body removes the water / chemicals in the axons / dendrites (plugs and sockets in the nerve cable between nerve ends and brain. Without these conductive chemicals, one feels numb as the nerve signals can't get through / are delayed.

This also gives the reason for the hangover - dry mouth, headache and oversensitivity to touch, sound and light (due to low body water content / balance). These symptoms also occur in the case of heat stroke / severe dehydration.

Alcohol does not interfer with an anti-duretic hormone, and the one you are referring to is vasopressin. It does overload the bladder due to ones over production of water as a dilutant to the alcohol - as a result, the vaspressin effect of reducing water production is cancelled.

As a result, if one indulges / overindulges in alcohol, one will pass out and, will wet themselves while alseep. If one has a prediliction to wearing diapers and wetting same, this is almost guarenteed, although there are some exceptions.

10 hours ago, babykeiff said:

This also gives the reason for the hangover - dry mouth, headache and oversensitivity to touch, sound and light (due to low body water content / balance). These symptoms also occur in the case of heat stroke / severe dehydration.

Alcohol does not interfer with an anti-duretic hormone, and the one you are referring to is vasopressin. It does overload the bladder due to ones over production of water as a dilutant to the alcohol - as a result, the vaspressin effect of reducing water production is cancelled.

As a result, if one indulges / overindulges in alcohol, one will pass out and, will wet themselves while alseep. If one has a prediliction to wearing diapers and wetting same, this is almost guarenteed, although there are some exceptions.

I don't mean to be rude about it, but I think antidiuretic hormone and vasopressin are the same thing. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health "As most investigators now agree, increasing urine flow results from alcohol's acute inhibition of the release of antidiuretic hormone (ADH), a hormone also known as vasopressin." 

Alcohol may well be a poison to the body but it's one that's generally expelled within a fairly short period of time. I think moderate alcohol use is okay for most adults. I had a problem with drinking way too much when I was younger, maybe because of the trauma of growing up in a chaotic environment with an alcoholic mother. I got treatment and counseling in my 20s and even though I started drinking moderately again after several years I now pretty much know my limits. Two drinks, two pints of beer for instance, gives me a bit of a buzz that wears off over three or so hours and doesn't result in bedwetting as long as I don't drink anything within two or three hours before going to bed. Three pints is tempting fate and results in wetting about half the time. Anything more than that has an inevitable conclusion and usually results in a morning hangover, something that in the latter case usually causes me to stop after having three drinks at most.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, rubbersheetmike said:

I don't mean to be rude about it, but I think antidiuretic hormone and vasopressin are the same thing. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health "As most investigators now agree, increasing urine flow results from alcohol's acute inhibition of the release of antidiuretic hormone (ADH), a hormone also known as vasopressin." 

You are correct that some refer to the ADH as vasopressin, but overnight, the body will still produce roughly the same amount of vasopressin sober or drunk. Therefore, alcohol does NOT interfer with ADH / vasopressin but it overwhelms its effects due to a secondary system of flooding the bloodstream with water (as a simplified explaination) as a way to dilute and remove alcohol from the cells. This increase in water in the bloodstream is still filtered by kidneys and due to the quantities involved, the bladder soon fills usually multiple times. Due to the numbness within the sensory systems in the body plus the defensive effects of alcohol on the brain keeping it asleep (as a way to avoid one consuming more alcohol), the bladder overfills and empties without waking one up. Some people, if they overingulge in alcohol, overnight will mess also - depending on the quantity within their bowels.

• 5 months later...

It's clear that you've been through quite a journey with alcohol and its impact on your life. It's important to recognize how substances like alcohol can affect our health and well-being over time.
I'm glad to hear that you're okay with the situation you find yourself in now, and it's always a good idea to listen to your body and take breaks if needed. Remember that seeking advice from medical professionals, like those at Abbeycare addiction help clinic, can provide valuable insights and support.
Take care of yourself, and if you ever decide to make changes to your drinking habits or have any questions, there are resources and people out there who can help.