LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Clothing/Boxer-brief recycling

I've gone 24/7 officially for over a month now, and all of those updates are in the Incontinent Desires section, but one of the things I hadn't done yet was get rid of my now useless boxer-briefs. I try to reuse/recycle were I can with most things, and I wanted to poll the broader group to see if anyone had any good suggestions on what to do with about 18 Hanes boxer-briefs that are only roughly a year and a half old. Donation is out of the question due to hygiene, and while there are a couple of places that shred/recycle clothes, it'd be nice to maybe get some other use out of them before I resign to that option.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

1 hour ago, ppdude said:

heave ho, it must all go. Just throw them in with the rest of the trash already!!!

lol They'll likely get to some form of trash/recycling spot soon. Just wanted to give them one last shot at some life. As far as I'm concerned, they're just old rags that need to have something done with them

2 hours ago, technomonkey said:

I wear my boxers over my diapers. the wife will not let me walk around the house with a diaper and t shirt (Kids) but do go around the house with my boxers over my diaper. The waist band of the boxers helps hold the diaper up.

I thought about that, but I have a decent set of onsies that usually use when going out, but I might just give a try and see how it feels. Thanks for the idea!

27 minutes ago, Hookedondiapers said:

I cut the waistbands off, cut them in half through the crotch and use them as shop rags.

This is another good idea. I usually get the bundle of red rags from the auto parts store, but this would actually prevent any "temptation", if there might still be any there.

• Like 1

I also use old clothes as rags, then instead of cleaning them, I throw them away. 

But, we are told to throw old clothes in the boxes that take clothes, as they will send them to recycling.
Its part of the deal to why they get to place boxes everywhere. 

• Like 1

Rags are a good idea.  Anything from dusting furniture and waxing the car to cleaning windows.  Keep some in the garage and use them as rags for checking the oil in your car engine or wiping down the lawn mower after cutting the grass.  If you really want to get devious, use them as packing material in a box when you have to wrap up a birthday or Christmas gift for a friend or relative.

10 hours ago, Dubious said:

I also use old clothes as rags, then instead of cleaning them, I throw them away. 

But, we are told to throw old clothes in the boxes that take clothes, as they will send them to recycling.
Its part of the deal to why they get to place boxes everywhere. 

Sounds like you have better clothing recycling programs in Norway than what we have over here. Last I checked with our donation centers, they themselves don't have any direct programs like that but they do exist independently.

9 hours ago, littlecait said:

If you have guns, they'll work well for cleaning them. Just rip them up.

That's a solid idea! I'm about out of patches and I've her of people doing that before, I think I'll sacrifice a few to finally get that a... shot ?

8 hours ago, 2sail2 said:

There are some clothes donation places that accept underwear.  

This would be the option that I would prefer to go with; Give these to someone who'd actually need em and use em. I'll have to take another peak, because it surprised the heck out me that we don't have at least one of these places around Seattle.

7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

If you really want to get devious, use them as packing material in a box when you have to wrap up a birthday or Christmas gift for a friend or relative.

Oh man, my wife would actually get a kick out that. I think I've allocated another couple for her next gift I get her ?

Cotton works really good for cleaning my cast iron skillets after I've used them. When my socks get a hole in them I cut the ankle off and throw the foot part out after running them through the wash. When they get bad I just toss them in the trash. I have to use socks because I don't have any cotton underwear.

Hugs,

Freta