LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Epilogue (5/18/2023)

23 hours ago, littlepinkdargon said:

?

Thanks!

5 hours ago, LittleFenny said:

Oh nice, two more chapters since I last signed in. Thanks!

? Happy to oblige! Thanks for commenting!

3 hours ago, Samriis said:

You mean you don't sign in every day!?  Heresy!  ?

True! ?

Chapter 7: Testing

MOM WOKE ME the following day, and life began again. I managed to find time between playing with Lily to work on my homework and catching up with the stuff I missed Friday. Sunday, Hannah came over and oohed and awed about my tiara and nursery. Sometime during all of this, Lily began to notice that I had a few more baby things, like a crib and started asking if she was going to be the big sister from now on. I just groaned.

‘I guess I’m going to have to accept that...’ I admitted to myself.

Before I knew it, Monday had come!

Lily and I were in our car seats with Dad driving and Mom up front. Due to the secret nature of a lot of the work at Los Alamos National Labs, the lab set up a testing facility in town for any personnel with kids that emerged. Mom changed our diapers before we walked in, with Dad carrying Lily and Mom carrying me.

It seemed like walking into a doctor’s office to me as we approached a receptionist. “Do you have an appointment?” She asked.

“Yes.”

“Name?”

“Nicholas Hammerstein,” she said.

“Where is Nicholas?” She asked.

Mom patted my back, “Right here.”

She stared for a moment before saying, “Whoa… that’s different!” She shook her head and then said, “Okay, please fill out this questionnaire, and we’ll be calling… her back shortly.”

We sat and filled out the forms together, essentially telling them the various things that had changed about me, symptoms of powers, etc. Under ‘Any New Disabilities,’ we wrote down incontinence. Embarrassing! About fifteen minutes after our appointment, they called, “Nicholas Hammerstein?”

Mom walked with me and quietly asked, “May I go back with her?”

He hesitated for a moment as he looked at me but shook his head, “Sorry, he’s originally eighteen, correct?”

“Yes, sir,” she replied.

“In that case, you’ll have to wait outside. I promise we’ll take good care of her.”

“Okay then,” Mom said, hugging me, “good luck.”

“Thanks,” I said.

I followed the gentleman dressed in military fatigues into an examination room that looked like a standard doctor’s office. “I’m Lieutenant Commander Fields. Let’s get you weighed and measured,” he said.

“Okay,” I responded.

Before he began interviewing me, we went through a typical doctor’s exam, including blood work. “So basically, when you emerged, your EFP turned you into a two-year-old baby girl?” He asked.

I nodded.

“Well, this is a first for me, maybe anywhere for that matter... I’m sure this has got to be really hard on you. So your survey states you cannot control your bladder or bowel movements?”

I shook my head, “And I have some really weird needs and addictions to things like pacifiers,” I told him about a few other things too.

“Well, let’s get going on the tests then. I have some staff members who will test you on different things for your levels for your EID card.”

The first room they led me to had a table of electronic components, gears, and other things sitting in various piles. The tester sat me down on the table so I could reach them. I played with them for about ten minutes. I probably looked like a typical two-year-old playing while trying to see how they went together. Still, I couldn’t make anything useful from the parts.

“Okay then,” the tester said as he opened a door and led me back down a hallway. “Did you bring a more practical set of clothing?” He asked.

I looked down and thought a dress probably wasn’t the most practical clothing. “Oh… umm…”

‘I’ll take care of it,’ Caireen said.

In a flash, my dress changed to an emerald-colored leotard with a tutu attached. ‘Really? A tutu?’ I groaned at her. I could feel the edges of my diaper sticking through the bottom of the leotard, showing it off. I also knew I had to look as adorable as my sister going to her beginning ballet class each week.

I sensed laughter from her.

“That’ll work, I guess,” the tester allowed with a smirk.

I was led into a room, and he simply said, “Do your best to not get hit and avoid the balls.”

That was his only instruction. So I sat there for several moments before hearing a pop from behind me and ducked just in time to see a rubber ball flying past me. After that, it seemed like they came non-stop. Somehow though, I could just sense them before they arrived, and I kept dodging for a long while before I finally got hit.

“Very good,” the tester said when he returned for me. “Let’s get the rest of the physical tests done.”

I thought for a moment about a feeling in my stomach and groaned. Then, without having any control over it, I squatted and messed my diaper. “Can I get a diaper change first?” I said with a whine and a groan.

He looked at me in shock and said… “Umm… just a minute. Let me… uh… Let me go ask what we should do.”

I stood in that spot with a poopy diaper, made worse by the leotard smushing it, for about ten minutes before Mom came in with the diaper bag. Finally, she picked me up, “Where should I change her?”

The man led her to a medical room where she lay me on the table. She giggled as she did so, “You realize your poopy diapee just about broke that poor man.”

“Huh?” I asked, sniffling, trying not to cry over the sticky state of my bottom as she popped some snaps that were in the crotch of my leotard

“I don’t think they’ve ever had a two-year-old Mergent before… And I’m certain if they did, they were potty-trained,” Mom’s eyes twinkled.

I groaned and did my best not to cry or beg for my pacifier. I wanted to seem a little more grown up, so I had intentionally left it with Mom in our diaper bag... One poopy diaper certainly ruined any hope of that image!

“By the way, you look adorable in this leotard and tutu!”

After a few minutes of mom magic, she had me cleaned up and ready to move on with the rest of the testing. “All done?” a different tester asked as Mom returned me to where I was.

“Yes,” I said.

“Ma’am, if you’ll please go back out to the lobby… we’ll come to get you if she needs another change; otherwise, please wait there.” Mom sighed but turned and left while I followed the tester to a massive room with an obstacle course of ropes, beams, bars, and other things.

It was like the world’s largest playground in my mind as the lady described the path. It was really intimidating and scary with its massive size! I began thinking of it like a playground and just started running. I’m sure there were probably some stunned looks as I completed it in a respectable time, even with my size! While going through it, I discovered I could now leap some large distances. Combined with the strength I already had found, it meant I really was only held back by my short legs. I certainly wasn’t a speedster, but I could probably make it faster through the course than an average human.

This lady verified my lack of speed ability by setting me on a treadmill next. A ten-minute mile wasn’t too bad for a two-year-old, I thought! So I kept running for four miles before she told me I could stop.

“Okay, final physical test,” she told me skeptically as she took me to a weird weight setup. “We’re looking for single max reps,” she started the machine at my weight of twenty pounds.

“I can do this all day,” I told her as I pushed up. “You sure there’s my weight on there?

“Yes… let’s bump it up.”

We sat there for a long while, probably longer than necessary due to her caution, before I finally said we’d hit my limit after doing 550 pounds. “This should be impossible…” she told me.

“I know, right?” I shook my head. “Believe me, when you’re an eighteen-year-old thrown into the body of a two-year-old baby girl who’s not potty trained… it’s starting to seem less impossible!”

She laughed. “Speaking of which, do you need a change?”

I felt my diaper and sheepishly nodded. Whether it was pee or sweat, I did. “Can you get my Mom?”

“Or I could just change you?” She suggested. “I have one of my daughter’s diapers in my bag over there.”

I groaned but decided it would speed things up. “I guess…”

She returned from her bag by a desk with a different diaper brand but the correct size. “What’s your name?” I asked.

“Lara,” she said.

“Thank you for changing me,” I said as she finished.

“You’re welcome, sweetheart. I understand you changed your clothes yourself earlier?”

I nodded, “Sort of… that was Caireen.”

“Who is she?”

I was cautious, “She’s a spirit that I bonded with.”

“Diapers beyond her?”

“I don’t know; she and I need to have that conversation, though.” I noticed she was staying silent.

‘So?’

‘I can do it… but I’d rather you be dependent on your mom or another adult like a normal baby for now.’

“Apparently, she’s choosing not to,” I told Lara.

“If you want to get back dressed to regular clothes, we’re done with the sweaty portions.”

‘Please?’ I asked Caireen.

A moment later, I wasn’t dressed in the outfit from this morning, but instead, the first emerald dress from a few days ago. I could feel the tiara had also made its way back onto my head. ‘Any reason?’

‘I think they’ll take a picture later; honestly, this would be a good costume for you.’

“You’re so adorable!” Lara let out a squeal before looking a bit sheepish. Seeing her act like that with her lab coat on was funny.

“I know…” I sighed. “So, where to next?”

She led me to another tester that tested my magic ability with several crystals and other devices. Things kept happening with every test, so I’m pretty sure the tester was impressed. Finally, I was asked some questions and described seeing the lines and being able to interact with them. “Whoa…” He said, and I guessed that was a big deal.

“Now, about this spirit, you bonded with?”

‘Should I be honest?’ I asked.

‘Yes, in this case,’ Caireen responded.

“She’s not really a spirit... “I started, “she’s actually a goddess.”

I watched the blood drain from the guy’s face as he kept making notes on his tablet. “Her name?”

“Caireen.”

“Culture?”

“Irish.”

I watched as he searched for several minutes, and then he asked a dozen more other questions. Finally, he sat down his tablet, “Okay… let me take you to the last stop.”

The final part of the testing was my regeneration. Those doctors started by pricking my finger and eventually making cuts on my arm that healed quickly. This sucked, as it hurt! I really wanted my pacifier by the time he was done cutting me. However, each time it didn’t take too long for the wound to heal. Finally, when they wanted to cut off one of my fingers, I said, “No more!”

They made some final notes before I was again led to an office with Lieutenant Commander Fields. “Okay, you want your new name to be Sofia Elizabeth Hammerstein, correct?”

I nodded.

“Okay, just to explain a few things to you. Due to your father’s work for the lab, you’re being given a Government Emergent ID card instead of a standard EID. Quite frankly, it can save you a lot of hassle from the EPC.” He shook his head in disdain at that organization. “On your card, I’m listing your actual birthdate and age of 18, as well as your apparent age of two years old.”

I grimaced, “So, which am I legally?”

“Both,” he said with a smile. “I guess your parents can take advantage of free admission and kid’s meal pricing at many places with you! But, in theory, you could get your driver’s license if you get a car adapted to your size.”

“Cool!” I said. “Somehow, I don’t think my parents will go for that anytime soon.”

“I can understand that,” he paused, “You’d probably get pulled over by the police every other block!” He laughed, and I giggled a little bit at that picture. “I’d like you to review the information we’re placing in your file, but there’s one more thing we’ll need, and that’s a code name.”

I thought for a moment and responded, “Emerald Baby.”

“You don’t think that might be a problem name?”

I shook my head, “I’m a baby, probably for the rest of my life. If I embrace the nickname, maybe I’ll get less grief for it.”

“Fair enough.” He smiled, “Okay, this will all be listed in our file. However, none of this information will show on your card. We choose not to share everything with the EPC if we can avoid it.”

“Okay,” I said as I looked at the tablet screen, he showed me.

GOVERNMENT EID 99-382385-3928-5
Name: Sofia Elizabeth Hammerstein
Code Name: Emerald Baby

Birth Date: 11-3-1997

Apparent Age: 2 Years

Height: 35” Weight: 20lbs

Avatar: Level 5, Esens: Level 3, Regen: Level 3, Magic: Level 4+, Paradigm: Level 4

Legally recognized as both original birth age and apparent age per her requests.

Additional information was stored about Caireen in the database but not listed on the card itself. A picture of me in my ‘costume’ was also on the card. “Okay, now for some of the ground rules. You must always have this card with you to show the EPC - if you don’t, they will arrest you. Keep in mind that with your size, I really don’t think you want to be dealing with them any more than you have to.

“Do they have any way of recognizing me as a Mergent on sight?” I asked, curious.

“Facial scanners will pick you up now that you’re in the system. Also, sweetie, I hate to tell you - those beautiful emerald eyes of yours just aren’t quite natural.”

I nodded. “Am I done now?”

“Yes, you are,” he handed me a packet of information on some other laws and resources. “Follow that hallway, and it’ll lead you to your family.”

I skipped out of there, so happy to be done!

I leaped up to Mom when I saw her and showed her my card. “Good, glad we have that done!” Mom said. “Do you need changed? It’s been a long time?”

I thought about it, “Probably, but I was changed again by a nice lady who was testing me.” I told her. “May I please have my pacifier?” I asked in my next breath with the voice of an addict.

Mom smiled and put one in my mouth before finding a bathroom where she could change me. I felt really embarrassed as another teenage Mergent with fur on her arms came in and went to the bathroom while mom had me on the changing table. She smiled at me, though, probably thinking I was an ordinary baby girl. After she had me changed, Mom helped me put my coat on before I was reunited with my dad and sister in the car. They had to leave the waiting area because Lily was getting bored and started to cause a scene.

“All done?” Dad asked me as Mom buckled me into my seat.

“Uh-huh.”

We waited until we drove home and were inside on the couch before they started asking me about the testing. “I can’t believe I pooped my diaper there…?” I wrinkled my nose.

“Sweetie, your body is a two-year-old’s body. Trust me, you’ll go poopy at the most embarrassing times!”

“I wish Caireen would just change me or teach me a spell to do so, though!”

Mom laughed, “She said she would eventually last night when we talked to her.”

“She did?”

“You were asleep by then.” Mom told me.

“Oh.”

“So how did the rest of the testing go besides your poopy diapee?” Mom asked with a smirk.

I was half tempted to throw my pacifier at her that I had a death grip on, but I thought better of that. “Do you really want to know it all?” I asked hesitantly.

Mom and Dad nodded.

“Okay…. Well, they started by showing me a bunch of electronic junk parts that apparently were supposed to do something. Don’t ask me what!” I said, a little embarrassed, “After a while, they decided I was clueless. So they asked me if I had another change of clothes, and Caireen changed me into that leotard and tutu.”

Mom grinned, “You looked soooooo cute!”

I stuck my tongue out at her, “I always look cute!”

Lily laughed at that. She was sitting in Dad’s lap right then while I was sitting on the opposite side of the couch from Mom so I could look at every one.

“You do,” Mom agreed. “As does Princess Lily,” she smiled at my sister to keep her from feeling left out.

“Anyway,” I said with some exaggeration, “they took me into a room and didn’t really tell me what was going on other than, ‘dodge the balls.’” I paused for a drink out of the sippy cup of juice I was holding in my other hand. “It took them a while, I have a feeling they were re-calibrating it for my height or something, but I sensed a ball coming and dodged it. A lot more followed before I finally got hit when there was a lot in the air at once.”

“What was that supposed to test?” Mom asked.

“Danger sense and being able to tell the future or something,” I told her.

“After that, he was going to take me to the next test when I embarrassed myself… So after you changed me, I was taken into this huge rope and obstacle course room. I didn’t think I could do anything with it due to my size, but it was no problem at all. In fact, besides the parts where running happened, and my legs don’t give me a long stride, I apparently did pretty well above average.”

“You got to play?” Lili asked jealously.

“Sort of, Lily,” I told her, “It wasn’t a lot of fun, though,” I lied to her. “They had me run on a treadmill then. I’ve slowed down there as I’m only running a ten-minute mile… but I guess for my height, that’s pretty good.”

Dad nodded, “I think you’re probably much faster than any other two-year-old!”

“Well, and I was able to run the distance too. I think they had me run like four miles without stopping.”

“What else did they do?” Dad asked.

“Well, they ran me through a bench press test.”

“How much?” He asked. He had sensed my smile.

“550 pounds,” I said with a smile.

Dad whistled, and Mom looked a little uneasy. “How is that even physically possible, I wonder…?” Dad said thoughtfully. “Within all reason, a twenty-pound body should never be able to do that…?”

“They were just as confused, Dad,” I smiled. “The lady there was nice enough to change me then, and Caireen switched my clothes back out to this dress. Apparently, she wanted me to look good for the picture on my card,” I felt her mentally smirk and nod to me. “They then did some magic tests. I guess I’m a weirdo there, too, because I got the impression that they couldn’t test higher than that.” I debated about the healing test but said, “Then they tested my regeneration.” Dad flinched at that; he apparently knew what they did. Mom looked a little lost. “They tested how well I could heal from cuts.”

“They cut you?!?!?” Mom asked, concerned.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! Comments are like the most amazing food for my soul, please consider leaving one!

If you're someone who must finish a good story 'now,' consider purchasing the full book on Amazon Kindle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1  I will be posting a chapter about every other day until the complete 62 Chapters and the Epilogue are reposted.

• Like 7
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 7 (2/10/2023)
5 minutes ago, Baby Billy said:

Hi, just wanted to tell you I bought this today on my Kindle.  Any chance you will edit Between and put it up for my collection? ?

That's a project sometime in the June to August months plan at this point. I really need to circle back to LCW here soon, and I've found I can't edit and write very well simultaneously. (Something about being critical doesn't work with being creative...)

It'll happen, just going to be a few months! Thanks for your support! ?

24 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

I really need to circle back to LCW here soon

I love EP and the work you’ve done revising it, but I am sooooo looking forward to more LCW!

image.gif.2117725dbee1720e76b5d7000d7ae388.gif

(and very happy that you seem less stressed than a few months ago!)

5 hours ago, littlepinkdargon said:

Bucked or buckled?

I enjoy when she gets to show off. This was a fun chapter.

You're catching a disturbing number of those.... Thanks for seeing it, I'll get these updated later!

Glad you enjoyed the chapter! ?

10 hours ago, littlepinkdargon said:

This is my first :(, just wanna help.

Okay, maybe the other one was someone else... with as many hours as I have poured over this I hate when I miss things. I do appreciate you pointing them out though so I can fix them! Thanks!!!! ?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, BabySofia said:

I do appreciate you pointing them out though so I can fix them!

I probably speak for others when I say it’s nice to feel like you’re part of the process. I love that you take the time to respond.

Chapter 8: Visitors

“YOU CAN’T EVEN tell,” I said as I showed her the underside of my wrist where they tried. She spent several nervous moments examining it before agreeing. “Apparently, I have some regen ability too.”

“So what did they list your powers as?” Dad asked quickly to change the subject.

“Well, I’m an Avatar Level 5 since I am hosting Caireen. I think that might be higher, but that’s what he put down. Apparently, from the ball attack test, they decided I’m an Esens Level 3. I have Level 3 Regen healing abilities, I’m a Level 4 Paradigm, and they put down 4 plus for my Magic skills.”

Dad whistled again, “They ran out of tests with you then on the magic skills. You’re probably at a higher ability level than any of the people I have working with me.” I could see some wheels turning in his head, “Rachel, we really need to send her to Bechtel.”

Mom nodded, “They were talking about sending someone out to see us when I called them earlier.”

“Sending someone out?” I asked, surprised, “Isn’t that really expensive for a school?”

“Depends on who you’re talking about, sweetie. In their case, they may have a teleporter that can bring the person on out without even getting on a plane or wasting too much time.” Dad said.

Right then, Mom’s cell phone began to ring. “Hello? This is she.” I heard her say some uh-huhs and such for several moments before she said, “Okay, tonight at eight would be fine for us.” She ended the call and looked at me, “Apparently, they saw something on your testing that bumped up their interview. So they’ll be here at eight.”

I looked at the clock and saw it was almost four. I had missed lunch and was suddenly starving. “I’m hungry…”

Mom laughed, “Tell you what, why don’t we go out to eat?”

“Okay,” I said. Mom picked me up and told Dad, “You’re on diaper duty with Lily, honey.”

He stood up with Lily without a word, and we were both taken to our rooms to be changed. “You know, you two would be sharing a room in most houses? That way, we only had to keep track of one changing table,” she said as she looked down underneath, “We’re going to have to go buy you some more diapers.”

I just sucked on the pacifier that had reattached itself to my face and nodded. Mom, had me changed quickly and asked, “Do you want a less conspicuous outfit on now?”

I thought about it for a second and nodded. ‘I hope you don’t mind, Caireen,’ I said.

I felt her laugh, ‘Go for blending in.’

Mom picked out a purple one-piece romper with hearts and flowers on the front and quickly undressed and redressed me. “We need to figure out how you’ll keep your GEID on you, sweetheart.”

I nodded… I didn’t know where though. ‘Caireen, you have any way for me to keep it on me? I’m a little worried about losing it since most of my clothing isn’t about storing stuff...’

‘Here,’ she said, and a cute purple purse decorated with Princess Sofia appeared.

‘Huh?’

‘Put your GEID in there,’ she insisted.

“Mom, can you hand my GEID to me?” I asked. She was, of course, staring at me again.

“Here,” she said.

I placed it inside there and asked, ‘Now what?’

‘Think ‘put away,” she told me.

I did, and it vanished. ‘How do I get it back?’

‘Just imagine it back in your hand.’

I did so and then put it away a few times before realizing Mom was glaring at me. “Sorry, Caireen was giving me a lesson and helping me put it somewhere safe.”

“Okay, Princess, let’s go then,” she said, a little bit on the cranky side herself. I hoped she would get to be in a better mood. Mom held the diaper bag on her shoulder while she carried me, and Dad had Lily still. When both of us were strapped in our car seats, we headed off to our favorite restaurant in town. We walked into the restaurant and were greeted by the hostess.

“How many?”

“Two adults and two high chairs please,” Mom said.

I refrained from glaring at her since we’d talked about this. I’d have a bib on, too, I was sure. My only real question was how I would get enough to eat! Mom and dad set us in the wooden highchairs that sat on opposite sides of the table, and then Mom sat next to me while Dad sat next to Lily. “Here you go, sweetie,” the lady said as she put a coloring mat in front of us that I could just reach. I felt Mom push me in a little bit farther to help.

“Twins?” The lady asked, confused.

“No, she’s older,” Mom pointed to me. “Just hasn’t started really growing yet,” Mom added.

“They’re adorable! Your waitress will be right with you.”

Mom and I quietly talked about what to order me. She didn’t really think I should have a full adult meal, but I wore her down. Finally, she agreed to order a combination plate (chile relleno, taco, shredded beef enchilada, and cheese enchilada) for me to split with my sister. She would only want the taco, and a little bit of the beans and rice Mom knew. I admitted my wimpy new status when I agreed that green chile on the side was a better plan than smothering the plate. Once she had taken our orders, Mom asked her to fill our sippy cups with milk and then put bibs on both of us.

I was sitting like that when I saw Jacob come in with his family.

“Oh no,” I said quietly to Mom, “Jacob is here!”

“Relax,” Mom told me.

I sucked on my pacifier fervently as he saw us and looked obviously for the missing person, me.

“Hi, Mrs. Hammerstein, Doctor Hammerstein,” he said. “Where’s Nick?”

“He’s still at home sick,” Mom said smoothly with a smile, “he’s going to be out for a while, I’m afraid.”

“That’s too bad… any chance I could stop by and see him?”

“Why don’t you and Hannah come by tomorrow after school?” Mom suggested. Jacob had a car and had long been designated as our trio’s taxi driver.

“Okay, sounds good,” he said, staring at Lily and me. Then, as he looked at me, he asked, “Who’s the other baby?”

“Oh, that’s Sofia. She’s a friend of Lily’s that we had over today while her Mom does some shopping in Albuquerque.”

“Okay,” He said. “Anyway, I’d better go join my parents; tell Nick we’ll see him tomorrow and bring his homework.”

“Thanks, Jacob!” Mom said.

“See, it’s all fine,” she said after he left.

“No, it’s not,” I said, trying not to cry.

“What do you mean?”

“I pooped my diaper again. And in front of one of my best friends!”

Mom laughed, picked me up, the diaper bag up, and told Dad, “We’ll be right back. Someone is a poopie pants.”

I was so embarrassed to have my diaper changed in a bathroom with a long line of ladies and girls waiting for the stalls, but a clean diaper was worth it, I guess.

Mom carried me back and placed me in the high chair just before the food arrived. After she split off my sisters’ portion, she left the main plate in front of me. There were a few stares from the waitress as she came by and saw my devouring the plate. Mom had been thoughtful enough to provide me with the miniaturized silverware I made the other day. “I can’t believe she ate all of that,” the lady said as she dropped off the check.

I smiled.

“How is she so tiny?”

“High metabolism,” Mom said and kind of glared at me. We would probably have this problem regularly, so she would have to deal with it. As it was, I was still hungry! On our way out, Mom stopped in the bathroom to change Lily and decided she could skip me until we got home for me.

I thought we were heading home, but instead, we stopped at Smiths. “Honey, do you want to stay in the car with the girls while I make a quick stop inside?” She asked Dad. “I need to buy Sofia some more diapers and probably some more wipes and stuff for both the girls.”

He nodded, and I watched Tangled on the car’s DVD player with Lily to kill time. Mom came back out to the car not too much later with a large box of diapers and a couple of sacks of stuff that she put in the back.

I was glad to have been spared the embarrassment of going inside to purchase diapers for me!

“Come play!” Lily demanded when we got home at seven.

“Okay, until our visitor gets here,” I told her.

“Actually, I’ll be giving her a bath at 7:30, so you have thirty minutes,” Mom told us.

“Sorry, Lily, I promise I’ll play with you all morning tomorrow!” I said, as I knew today had to have sucked for her.

“Pwomise?” she asked.

“Pwomise,” I smiled and said right back the same way.

In the end, we sat and fed a couple of baby dolls. Their clothes and diapers had been changed before Mom came for her to get her in the bath. Mom had just finished putting Lily to bed when there was a quiet knock outside our front door, precisely at 8pm.

“Is this the Hammerstein residence?” a woman’s voice asked.

“Yes, I’m Doctor Hammerstein,” Dad said, “I assume you’re from Bechtel?”

“Yes, we are. My name is Talia Hensley; I’m the Headmistress for Bechtel Preparatory School. This is Catherine Raspin, one of our mystic arts faculty members and the head of our junior high program.”

“Please come in,” he said. I was sitting on the couch waiting for them nervously when they came up. I jumped down.

“And who is this pretty little girl?” the lady who hadn’t spoken asked.

“Sofia Hammerstein,” I said and curtseyed. I hadn’t planned on it, but it seemed appropriate, “How do you do?”

“Wait a second,” she said, and her eyes opened. “This is the young lady we’re here to see?” She asked Mrs. Hensley.

“You can see why I asked you?” she replied.

“I can’t handle another one!!!” she told her in a soft but scared voice.

“I promise I don’t think she’ll be like the others you had,” she said with a smile. “She doesn’t need to go stealing manna everywhere.”

“Where are our manners? Please sit down. May I get you anything?” Dad said nervously. “My wife will be right down; she’s just putting our youngest to bed.”

“I’ll take a glass of water,” Mrs. Hensley said, and Mrs. Raspin agreed. I felt they did that just to give him a way out.

When they came in, I forced the pacifier from my mouth, but it was still clutched in my hand. I tried to put it on the couch behind me but couldn’t release it.

“So, Sofia, what can you tell us about yourself?” Mrs. Hensley asked.

“Well, until last week, I was a skinny eighteen-year-old boy… I liked playing in a band and did well in my classes, like most kids at LAHS. I just tested for my second-degree black belt last week in Tae Kwon Do...” She nodded. “I also really loved helping care for my baby sister Lily - kind of hard to do now.” I paused and politely asked, “May I ask why you came so soon to see me?” Then, after a second, “And how’d you get here?”

Mom came in right then, and Dad returned with the glasses in hand, too, “Hi, I’m Rachel Hammerstein,” Mom introduced herself. “Talia Hensley,” Mrs. Hensley stood and extended her hand. “And this is Catherine Raspin,” she added as Mom shook her hand before coming to the couch where I was sitting, picking me up, and plopping me on her lap.

I sighed, “So?”

Mrs. Hensley smiled, “You’re a driven individual, aren’t you? Well, you’ll definitely need that. I came so soon because the head of the testing lab called me and explained your situation. He seems worried you are extraordinarily powerful and may stand out a bit.”

I blushed, “How can a baby stand out?”

“Your size is certainly among the more unique emerges I’ve seen!” She laughed, then added, “But, in my experience, I doubt that will hold you back in the future? Just how much…?” she seemed to be fighting for words.

“I think what Mrs. Hensley is trying to ask is this, how much do you act like a baby?” Mrs. Raspin prompted.

I really blushed then. Mom answered before I could, “The diapers are something I don’t think she will be able to help. As far as I can tell she lacks any potty-training readiness that they tell you to look for in babies. I think she’s behind the age they figure she is for that. Besides that, she behaves like she did as a teenager. The only real babyish thing that she can’t seem to escape is a need for her pacifier,” Mom said while holding my hand up that was keeping it in a death grip.

“Intelligence hasn’t changed, and maturity hasn’t changed?” Mrs. Hensley asked.

“Not that I’ve seen. Sofia’s played with her sister and might be enjoying it more, but that may be because she knows it looks normal now.” Mom said.

“Can she take care of her own needs?” Mrs. Raspin asked.

I cringed as the conversation continued around me like I wasn’t even there… Finally, I jumped in myself to respond, “Well, I can change my clothes magically and normally still,” I answered. “Diaper changes seem to be the one thing I have to depend on others for so far. Caireen indicated she’ll eventually teach me to do it with magic. Still, she wants me to get into the role first or something.”

I felt her nod before she said, ‘I will teach you the magic to change yourself in a few months.’

I sighed, “She said in a few months she’ll teach me that.”

“Okay, so when would you want to send her out to us?” Mrs. Hensley asked my parents.

“She’s accepted?” Dad asked in surprise.

“Oh, most definitely. We’ll have to deal with the logistics of having a toddler as a student, but I think she’ll do very well at Bechtel. Besides the oddity of her transformation, she is very much what we look for in a student who will excel at Bechtel.”

“What grade would I be in?” I asked timidly. “Assuming you run the school by grades?”

Mrs. Hensley sighed, “I don’t honestly know yet. I brought Mrs. Raspin with me because she has had several young ladies as junior high students for the last ten years. Currently, she has five that she takes care of. Unfortunately, our institution has no elementary or preschool for us to even consider those options. I looked at the transcripts your Mom faxed us over the weekend, and I think you would normally be listed as a sophomore on entry to our school.”

“I have to go back two grades?” I groaned.

“Would it be better to go ahead and have her be in the junior high?” Mom asked. I glared at her as she was not helping!

Mrs. Hensley said, “Maybe, but I think the high school level is where all of her classes will be, so we might do well to consider her a high schooler. Or maybe we’ll consider her an eighth-grader to finish out the year...? I don’t think she’s going to grow, so it’s not like waiting for her to get older will do any good. I’ll probably try and find a high school junior to pair her up with.”

“And changes?” Mom asked.

“I’m going to look into our best options for her.”

‘You’ll need space for a crib,’ Caireen told me.

‘Really?!?’

‘Yes baby, that won’t change.’

I sighed. “Caireen says I need space for a crib in my room instead of a normal bed.”

“She’s the goddess that you’ve bonded with, correct?” Mrs. Hensley asked.

“Yes, ma’am,” I replied.

“May I speak with her?” She asked.

I said, ‘All yours,’ to Caireen and felt her take over.

“Good evening, I am Caireen,” I heard her say through me.

“Good evening, Your Majesty,” Mrs. Hensley said. “I assume you know all of what we spoke about?”

“Yes, ma’am, I do.”

“Do you foresee any issues with Sofia coming to our school?”

“No, she should be more than fine. I will ask that you either provide a crib and changing table for her, or I can create them when we get there. She will need an older student or adult to help her several times through the day.”

“You won’t help her with that?”

“No, I believe it’s in her best interest to learn to blend in by being just as needy as any two-year-old is.”

Mrs. Hensley looked thoughtful, “Okay, would you let Sofia rejoin us?”

I came back from the closet it seemed like, “Yes, ma’am?”

“Would you be okay if I assign an older student as a big sister/caregiver?”

I sighed, “I hope I don’t regret it, but I should be fine.”

“Okay, I have a student in mind in Trident House that should do well. She’s a junior, so she’ll be able to be around next year too.”

“So, when do I come?” I asked nervously.

“Well, after Christmas Break seems wise right now. You have a month and a half to get used to things before coming out.”

“Will she be safe around here that long?” Dad asked her.

“I’m not sure, honestly. If it seems like it would be better for Sofia to come out sooner, please let me know. We can get her in sooner, but we probably should have a lot of pieces in place first. Not least of which are Caireen’s requests.” She paused, “Best bet is to pretend she is a normal two-year-old anytime you’re away. Any magic should be done only under Caireen’s supervision and keep a low profile.”

‘Should be easy enough...’ I thought sadly.

‘Don’t be so sure...’ Caireen said, and I thought I could detect some worry.

“Well, I guess we should be going. Please call this number immediately if we need to take Sofia sooner.” Mrs. Hensley said, handing her a card, “It’ll get to me no matter what, and we can make emergency arrangements.”

“Thank you for coming to see us.” Mom said to her.

“Our pleasure,” Mrs. Raspin said, “I look forward to seeing you at school, Sofia. You’re going to turn a lot of heads!”

Once they were out the door, Mom said, “Okay, bath time,” and, without hesitation, picked me up and carried me upstairs. She started the bathwater, stripped me, and washed me quickly. “What time is it?” I wondered suddenly.

“Ten,” she answered, “Time for baby girls to be in bed,” she said as she dried my hair.

“Oh.”

Mom took the time to heat up a bottle and fed me like the previous nights. It had been a long day, and I went to sleep during another story before it had even really begun.

Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! Comments are always super appreciated as well! Thank you to those who have been leaving them!!!

If you're someone who must finish a good story 'now,' consider purchasing the full book on Amazon Kindle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1  I will be posting a chapter about every other day until the complete 62 Chapters and the Epilogue are reposted.

• Like 8
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 8 (2/12/2023)
9 hours ago, BabySofia said:

“I promise I don’t think she’ll be like the others you had,” she said with a smile. “She doesn’t need to go stealing manna everywhere.”

In my experience it's usually referred to as mana with a singular 'n' but this is your universe so could be different.

9 hours ago, BabySofia said:

But, in my experience, I doubt that will hold you back in the future?

This reads to me like it should be a statement and not a question.

Really enjoying this again!!! The hatred for the dreaded crib haha.

1 hour ago, littlepinkdargon said:

Really enjoying this again!!! The hatred for the dreaded crib haha.

Thanks for the comments! I'm saying those are choices there for the edits. Of course the crib is dreaded, poor thing has less ability to get up than her baby sis! ? 

Chapter 9: Playtime

I WOKE UP in the castle crib with Caireen standing over me.

“There’s my baby girl,” she said with a smile.

“Hi,” I said timidly.

“Let’s get you changed and going for the day!” She told me with a smile.

She changed the soaked diaper and then dressed me in a pale-yellow dress before setting me down on the ground facing a giant dollhouse. “Okay, I think it’s time for you to start learning to play.”

“Umm?” I said, “Huh?”

“Take one of your dollies,” she told me with a smile.

I looked, and many cute and lifelike dolls were sitting by the house. They seemed far more realistic than I imagined appropriate for this period; they were very anachronistic with the surroundings. Finally, I picked one that looked like me, with red hair and green eyes painted on her face. I was surprised to see she was like Lily’s nicer dolls, and her eyes opened and closed as I picked her up or lay her down. She had on a pretty green dress similar to mine. I sheepishly looked under her skirts; sure enough, she had a diaper on too.

“Okay, now you have to name her!” Caireen said with a smile.

I thought for a moment about some Irish names I had come across when researching who Caireen was the other day. I also thought about my code name and said, “Emie.”

“That seems perfect,” she praised me in a voice like she was talking to someone my apparent age. “Okay, for the fun part, let’s practice changing her clothes.”

I looked over at the box and saw there were other outfits there. I wondered, though, if Caireen meant this to begin my training. I pictured a dress similar to the green one but fancier and with tights. I kind of willed it to be so, and the dress I imagined was now on Emie!

“Well, aren’t you a quick learner!” Caireen said as she leaned over and squeezed me into a hug. That night she had me practice changing Emie’s dresses to other period-appropriate ones and more modern baby clothes. After hours, she finally had me try working on her hair. I was starting to feel tired when she said, “I think it’s time for bed here,” with a smile.

“Am I actually getting sleep in the ‘real’ world?” I asked sleepily.

“Yes, Sofia, you are.”

“Can I do this stuff there now?”

“I think you can safely. Stick to clothes on dolls and hair on dolls for now, though. The last thing you want to do is mess up your sister’s hair like you did Emie’s a bit ago!”

I blushed as she changed a wet diaper, thinking about the tangled mess of hair - Caireen had to help get it back to normal. She then held me in a rocking chair and rocked me to sleep with a lullaby.

I WOKE UP on my own when I heard Dad moving around the house to get ready to work. I smiled as I realized that Caireen had brought Emie into the real world for me, and she lay next to me.

This was the first time I had woken up on my own, so I wasn’t quite sure what to do. I tried saying, “Mommy? Daddy?” Quietly for them to hear. The last thing I wanted to do was wake up my sister early if we could avoid it.

Finally, I couldn’t help myself anymore; I reached up to the rail of my crib with a short hop and pulled myself over like I had a wall yesterday.

‘You are so going to get in trouble for this,’ I heard Caireen sigh.

‘I’m not really a baby...’ I told her.

‘I know, but will your Mom appreciate the difference?’

‘She’s going to need to; how else am I going to get out of bed at school?’

I heard her sigh, and I decided to just face the music. I opened my door quietly and walked downstairs, where dad was reading the paper.

“Well, good morning Sofia…” he thought for a second, “how did you get out of your crib? Your mom is still in the shower.”

I blushed but decided to spit it out, “I climbed out.”

He sighed, and I could tell he was mentally trying to decide what to do. “Well, we didn’t say you couldn’t do that. Be ready for your mom to get mad about it, though.”

“Mad about what?” Mom asked from behind me.

“She climbed out of her crib,” he answered.

I turned towards Mom. “I’m not really a baby mom, and it was way smaller of a climb and jump than what I was doing yesterday.”

She picked me up, and I worried I would get a spanking. She sighed, “I guess we’re going to have to get used to finding a balance between you being a baby and not being a baby, huh?”

“You’re not too mad?” I asked, kind of scared.

“I probably should be, but you’re not a regular baby. Of course, this would be the sign we needed to get you in a big girl bed or spank your bottom if you were. Since Caireen doesn’t really want you in a regular bed, maybe…?”

I trembled, “Please, no?”

Mom smiled and tickled me, “Like I said, you’re not a regular baby. At least if you get hurt, you’ll get better quick. Don’t expect to come crying to me about it, though!”

I smiled, “Okay.”

She felt underneath my nightgown and said, “I guess I get an early start on diaper changes today, huh?”

“Please?”

Mom changed me into a knit dress that had a few tiers of ruffles on the skirt. Lily had one similar that she wore all of the time. As if Caireen had felt like there should be some sort of constant joke with my name, it had a picture of Sofia the First on the front.

“Okay, shall we get breakfast?” she asked as she sat me down.

“Umm… can you actually get Emie for me? I left her in my crib by accident.”

Mom looked in the crib and saw my baby doll, “She’s beautiful,” she said. “Where did you get her?”

“Caireen gave her to me in the castle last night. I guess she decided to bring her with me to the real world.” I hesitated but then said, “Watch this!” I changed her dress into one identical to mine.

She grimaced but said, “Cool. I actually think I liked the other one better,” she said.

“Okay,” I said and changed it back.

“This ability doesn’t work to change your diaper?” Mom asked.

I sighed, “I asked Caireen that last night. It works exactly like that in theory, but she’s blocking me from it.”

Mom carried me down the steps and then let me down on the ground, and I walked on my own to the dining table. “Pancakes?” Mom asked.

“Really?” I asked, surprised.

“Well, it’s worth celebrating that you’re up before the afternoon!” She said semi-sternly.

She sat me on the counter a few minutes later, and I stirred the ingredients. She had to stop me before I went too far in mixing it; my extra strength had a practical application of helping me stir faster! She paused long enough to wake my sister up and bring her down in a nearly identical dress to mine before actually cooking the batter.

“We twins!” Lily said when she saw what I was wearing.

I giggled, “Sort of; I’m taller!”

“Well, Mommy said I’m heavier,” she said.

Mom laughed, “That’ll be the only time in your life I think I’ll hear you brag about being heavier, Lily!”

“Well, it’s the only time in my life I’ll probably still be taller than her, too,” I told Mom.

“I get taller than you?” Lily asked me.

I sighed, “Lily, by the time you hit your next birthday, you’ll probably be taller than me.” Then, I added, “You’ll grow up, but I’m always going to be a baby.”

Her eyes widened, and she must have grasped that wasn’t normal because she toddled over and hugged me. “I love you, even if I bigger! You bestest brother sister ever.”

I smiled and hugged her back. Mom put us in our high chairs and then put bibs on both of us. I watched her cut up Lily’s pancake after putting some syrup on it, and then she did the same with mine. “You don’t have to do that...” I grumbled.

“Shhh…” Mom said with a smile, “If you complain too much, I’ll feed you!”

I gulped and just ate the mutilated pancakes. Mom had given me a stack of three that I quickly finished before also finishing the sippy cup of milk she had given me. Mom attacked Lily’s face with a baby wipe and mine as well. “You two go play; I remember someone made a promise last night.”

I nodded and said, “Come on, Lily, let’s go to the playroom.”

I stopped for a moment, though, and Mom seemed to have read my mind because she had a pacifier ready to go that she attached to my dress with a clip. “This way, you can’t lose it!”

I blushed and sucked on it.

“Mine, Mommy,” Lily said. She produced it, and I had a feeling Mom was wondering how she would get the baby sister to break a habit her older sister would never break.

As soon as we hit the playroom, I let Lily take the lead. She ended up deciding we should have a tea party that morning. She made sure to teach me how to play right. I had fun following her lead. After a while, I amused her by changing the clothes of several of her dolls with magic. I also let her play a little with Emie. It was strange because I had to fight a peculiar possessiveness I felt about her.

Mom came down and watched us off and on through the morning. She changed another messy diaper on me during the morning and a wet diaper on Lily, but mostly just let us play. When lunch came, she made us wash our hands and gave us PB&J sandwiches.

“Okay, nap time, girls,” Mom said as she lifted Lily out of her high chair and came for me.

She changed us and let me have my cell phone and Emie in my crib. I had several messages from Hannah and Jacob, and some other friends. I responded to Hannah and Jacob, telling them they could come over that afternoon. With Hannah, we debated how I should tell Jacob. Still, a couple of his messages from last night made me wonder if he hadn’t already put two and two together.

I couldn’t help but think back to last night when I asked Caireen about changing my diapers the same way as the clothes. As soon as she said I would be able to, I tried. It was pretty funny when I suddenly ended up with this weird not-diaper thing hanging half off my body, and the rest of my clothes went away too.

‘I said you would be able to, not that I would let you yet.’ She had said, laughing. ‘I think given your situation, size, and lack of potty training, it would be best if you get used to being taken care of for a while...’ Then, as if to emphasize that it was a bad idea, I felt urine trickle down my legs without the diaper to collect it.

I tried to argue and negotiate with her for twenty minutes, but in the end, I ended up with another diaper and outfit and put back to play some more with the doll’s clothing.

‘I know you think I’m being unfair,’ Caireen said.

‘No...’ I said, ‘I guess I don’t mind Mom changing me. I wouldn’t even freak out too much over Hannah changing me later. It’s the thought of going to school with all these superpowerful kids and being unable to handle something like changing my poopy diaper.’

‘I promise you it’ll work out.’

‘I hope so...’ I told her.

After an hour or so of playing games and surfing the internet, Mom came in. “Didn’t feel like a nap today?” Mom asked.

I shook my head, “I think I still have the circadian rhythm of a teenager. Or mostly, at least.”

“Are Hannah and Jacob coming over?”

I nodded, “I’m guessing they’ll be here in an hour?”

I let her pick me up from my crib and walked downstairs with her. I decided since I was going to Bechtel, there was no point in doing my homework. Apparently, I was going back at least two grades anyway, so what was the purpose? I turned on the TV and used a streaming service to find ‘Sofia the First’ episodes. I watched a couple with my sister, but I usually did homework and ignored it. Somehow, I thought it would be wise to actually know what happens in the show!

Three episodes in, my sister had joined me, the doorbell rang and I knew it would be my friends. “Lily, would you please give me and my friends some privacy for a while?” I asked.

I could tell she wanted to be annoyed, but I was really proud of her. She said, “Sure, I play downstairs!”

I would have hugged her, but she ran downstairs so fast I couldn’t catch her. I instinctively knew my pacifier was still in my mouth and decided to let it dangle from the clip instead. ‘On second thought...’ I pulled the clip from my dress and the little purse I had my GEID in from that other space. I looked in the bag and easily fit my pacifier in.’

‘That’s my baby girl!’ Caireen praised me.

I smiled.

Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! Comments are always super appreciated as well!

If you're someone who must finish a good story 'now,' consider purchasing the full book on Amazon Kindle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1  I will be posting a chapter about every other day until the complete 62 Chapters and the Epilogue are reposted.

• Like 11
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 9 (2/14/2023)
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Epilogue (5/18/2023)