LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Epilogue (5/18/2023)

1972434496_BCTitlePageImage.jpg.5b1eca8e2a645cc87152becc3c5ff957.jpg

In 2016 I was fighting writers block on another penname's work, when I decided to write 'Emerald Princess.' About 2/3rds of the way through the work I suffered the same fate on this work, and only took it up when a reader kept badgering me in 2020. With time and inspiration then I was able to finish the work, and had left it in a mostly rough state.

As I've been publishing my other Diaper Dimension Works, I wanted to publish Emerald too. Unfortunately it was originally a fanfiction piece in another universe, so I was stopped in my tracks since I couldn't publish it as that. A couple months back I decided I wanted to revise it, remove any reference to the other universe, and address some of the valid criticisms given to me at the time of initial postings. My hope is that the product is far superior to the original! If you wish to support me, enjoy the work, or it's a first time and you can't wait between postings - the full edited version of Emerald Princess is available now on Kindle here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1 You may find almost all of my completed works on my author page Sofia's Author Page 

Emerald Princess is set in a world with humans who have evolved unique characteristics that make for superhuman abilities through 'Emergence.' The concept was partially inspired by many such works from comics and other fandoms. 

This work is meant for adults; the main protagonists are all eighteen or older. It contains Adult Baby Diaper Lover (ABDL) themes. If diapers, bottles, and babying of regressed adults are not your cup of tea, you may wish to give this a pass. However, if those don't offend you, I hope you will enjoy this tale!

Thank you to my readers who have commented and encouraged me throughout my postings online! Thank you to anyone who purchases my novels and takes the time to read them! A special thank you to a reader, Chloe, who continually badgered me to finish this tale after I left it unfinished for several years!

Copyright © 2016-2023 Sofia Hammerstein

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced, scanned, or distributed in any printed or electronic form without permission.

Chapter 1: Jealous

I STARED AT the road as Mom drove me to school. The town where I grew up was in a category of its own reality as one of the most unique towns in the world. Just for me to come to school, we had to drive through a checkpoint with a guard shack manned by an MP! As usual, though, my mom was waived like normal without stopping. The only time they really checked vehicles like a military base was when there was some sort of alert.

The town of Los Alamos was on the backside of a beautiful mountain that was a part of the Rocky Mountains. I loved hiking and fishing the mountain streams with my dad on the occasional weekend when he wasn’t bogged down in his research projects.

I felt a prod in my side and looked over at my baby sister in her rear-facing car seat. She poked me with the play hairbrush she used on her doll. “Why’d you poke me?” I asked Lily.

“Play?”

I sighed, “If I get a chance, I will later, Lily. I have a lot of assignments due soon…”

Lily looked at me with her pretty green eyes, “Please?”

I sighed again, “We’ll see Lily Bear.” With that, I tickled her a little to make her smile.

“Stop dat!” She giggled.

I smiled at her as Mom pulled up to the loading zone at the school. Lily was probably the prettiest baby sister that I knew! She was a total oops child for my mom a bit over two years ago. My parents apparently forgot where babies came from one week while I was out of town at a music camp. As I opened the door of the Toyota Land Cruiser and swung out, Mom reminded me, “Don’t forget that you have Tae Kwon Do tonight,” through the window that she had rolled down.

“Like I could forget?!?” I asked with a bit of incredulity. I was testing for my second-degree black belt tonight! I just hoped I could manage to pass this test. If I could get this belt, I would be able to really think about teaching in my own studio after college. After this belt, though, I would no longer be able to just test at home; I would be flying to major cities or maybe even Korea! For something I had been practically forced to do at the start, I had really grown a love of it!

I walked down the hallway to my locker to drop off some things. I passed my reflection in the window of a dark classroom and shook my head. I was one of the nerdiest of the nerdy kids to my peers, and in Los Alamos, that was saying something! I was a decent height, five foot eleven, but was a total stick. It didn’t matter how much I ate - it took tons of fat just to get me to 105 pounds. That was with my clothes and shoes on! My brown hair was also really long - three inches past my shoulders in a neat ponytail. As far as anyone else was concerned, I was just riding the fad, but there was a deeper reason for it that I wasn’t about to share with anyone.

“Nick!” I heard behind me.

“Hey Jacob,” I said as I turned to one of my few real friends’ voices.

“Did you get the math homework done?!?” He was in a panic. I groaned, like always; he hadn’t done anything but play games last night. I spent the next few minutes walking to our first-period band class, being cajoled into helping him finish - i.e., copying my homework.

“Please, Nick!” He pleaded.

“Jacob, you’re not asking to copy Nick’s homework again, are you?” Hannah asked with disdain.

“Umm… maybe?” Jacob said, “Unless you’ll help me out?” He asked and batted his eyelashes.

We both laughed. Jacob, Hannah, and I were like the three musketeers. Hannah and I had been friends for a long time, and she was one of the few people I felt I could trust with anything. She also happened to be Lily’s go-to babysitter if my parents and I weren’t available. I had a crush on her that confused me regularly since I really just thought of her as a best friend.

I looked at my cell phone for the time and figured we had about ten minutes to save Jacob’s rear again. It’s not that he was stupid… he was probably as bright as I was, but he was lazy when it came to homework. Amazingly he managed to keep good grades up - of course, his parents probably would have killed him otherwise. That’s the thing with having two parents with PhDs; slacking isn’t even a remote option. I was fortunate that my parents only had one Ph.D. between them… It didn’t matter, though, because it might as well have been two since the only reason Mom didn’t have hers in Chemistry was that she found it too hard to take care of me and work on her doctorate. Dad was considered very useful at the lab due to his Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineering and his Doctorate in Physics. Their graduate degrees both came from MIT, and their undergrads were at rival Ivy League schools.

Needless to say, my parents were brilliant! In any other town, their resumes would shine like a star, but they were practically a dime a dozen in Los Alamos. The number of well-educated parents in the community was absurd!

As the first bell rang, I pulled my flute case from my backpack and went to sit in my first chair spot that I had fought for so hard. Playing flute as a guy is never a task that will prevent people from giving you grief. Fortunately, I was one of three guys in the flute section, so I wasn’t alone, but still… I quickly figured out that the way to shut up most of the chatter in junior high was by being better than everyone else. Well, that and the Tae Kwon Do lessons that they figured out I took by then. My Sensei trained me never to be the aggressor from when my parents had me start in second grade. That didn’t stop me from protecting myself when attacked, though. It sadly took until seventh grade before the last bully figured out the folly of attacking me.

“Morning,” the band director said as he sipped a cup of coffee.

“Morning, Mr. Muñez,” I responded politely. We both shared the opinion that there was no ‘good’ in mornings and had our private joke with this greeting.

Before too long, rehearsal began, and I once again had to hide the guilty pleasure that we were playing music from Frozen for our Christmas Concert in three weeks. But, of course, it might have been just that we were playing music that wasn’t traditional Christmas music too! That had to be played that day, too, unfortunately. It didn’t matter what a composer did with Jingle Bells; it still got old!

At lunch, I sat with Hannah, Jacob, and a couple other friends. “So your big test is tonight, huh?” Hannah asked.

I blushed but nodded, “I hope I don’t fail it.”

She gave me a hard stare, “Of course, you won’t fail it. Didn’t you like just win those competitions this year?”

I shrugged, “This isn’t a competition, and even if it was, there would be just as good of a chance of things going wrong.”

She kicked me under the table, “Come on, positive attitude!”

I smiled at her, “Okay, if you’ll quit beating me up, I’ll think positively.” That led to her kicking me again for spite.

“I hear it’s supposed to snow tonight?” Jacob asked.

“Yeah, but don’t you go jinxing it!” I said with a warning. Truth be told, it would take a fair amount of snow for school to be canceled. Living in the mountains, you just had to learn to deal with it much of the time. It’s why families like mine that lived on the outskirts of town had to have a four-wheel drive vehicle.

Hannah gave him the glare too.

“Think the ski resort will open this year?” I asked thoughtfully.

“Even if it doesn’t, we could always hit Sandia or go up to Wolf Creek over Christmas Break,” Hannah suggested. “My parents have offered to take us up to either.”

“That would be sweet!” I said with a smile. “I’m hoping my parents will get me a new board for Christmas.”

We spent the remainder of our lunchtime talking before having to go our separate ways to classes. I managed to get through the end of the day, and my Calculus test, without too much trouble. After the bell, I fought my way through the hallways full of students as quickly as possible and found my mom was waiting for me in our car. I climbed into the back out of habit to sit next to Lily.

“You know you’d have to do a lot less driving if you’d let me get a car,” I suggested to her.

“Your father and I want to wait until after Christmas Break,” she reiterated. I had just turned 18 the week before, but for whatever reason, my parents still didn’t want me driving by myself yet. It was like she could see my whining getting ready to increase, “Besides, you haven’t gotten a job to pay for it either…?”

I sighed.

“Just be patient, sweetie,” she said.

I looked to my left and saw my baby sister sleeping quietly in her car seat. “How did you get the princess to sleep?” I asked quietly.

Mom shook her head; “She had a playdate today with Becky’s daughter Zoe. They didn’t stop running from the time I dropped you off at school until I packed her up twenty minutes ago.”

“Whatever works, huh?” I smiled. I looked over at her red hair that mom had put into pigtails this morning. One of the rubber bands was starting to slide off, so I gently fixed it.

Mom drove us home to our house outside the city limits. Los Alamos is a weird town because it’s technically all government property. That means you had to move outside of town and commute if you wanted to own your own house. I didn’t mind because it meant our house backed right up to the forest. Well, sort of… Due to past forest fires, my family decided it was for the best when we moved here to clear the land immediately around the house. No sense in making it easy for the house to burn down when someone couldn’t figure out how to put out a campfire!

Our house had two stories and a full basement containing a workout room, playroom, and home theater. As I grew older, the playroom became more of a hangout room for my friends and me. The playroom was back mostly in use now, though with Lily, and had dolls and other baby toys scattered everywhere in the room. Once Mom parked, I threw my backpack on my shoulders and went to Lily’s side of the car. I opened the door, quietly unbuckled her highness, and then picked her up gently. Mom gave me an appreciative smile. I had to appreciate that she only weighed 25 pounds at this point. She was tiny for her age of two-and-a-half.

“Is she wet?” Mom asked quietly.

I felt her diaper under her tights and nodded as we walked into the house. “Here,” she motioned, “hand her to me, and I’ll change her before I put her down to finish this miracle nap.”

I smiled at her, “I’ll do it, Mom.”

“How did I get lucky enough to have a son that doesn’t mind changing his sister’s diapers?” She smiled at me.

“I don’t know,” I told her with a smile and walked upstairs past my bedroom door and to Lily’s room. My parents had switched her crib rails out last month for her toddler bed version of the bed but had kept Lily’s changing table in there. I gently sat her down on it and took care of the wet diaper. Truth be told, I loved taking care of my sister! She was the most precious person in the universe to me. I managed to get her tights pulled back up and lay her down in her bed without her stirring a bit. The pacifier in her mouth never once looked like it was in danger of falling out, either!

I crept out of her room and went down the hall to mine. I sat down at the desk to start doing my homework. I only had about thirty minutes until Mom would call me down for dinner, and then I would need to change for my testing. But I figured it was just enough time to start typing the ridiculous essay I had to write for English. My teacher wanted three pages analyzing Dante’s satirical use of people in the Inferno. It’s not that there weren’t plenty of people and characters to use; it was that all three of those pages would have to be perfect for her to be happy. I sighed and began typing. I managed to get through the first page when I was invaded.

“Can I help?” Lily asked me as she climbed into my lap with her favorite doll.

I smiled at her, “I wish you could!”

“Play with me?” She asked with a smile.

“Hmm… I kind of have to get this done,” I told Lily while squeezing her in a hug.

She frowned. “Please?”

I looked at the clock. Mom was going to call us down for dinner any minute. I was just about to give in to her sweet eyes when Mom came in. “Dinner’s ready, you two.”

I looked at Lily, “Maybe tomorrow night?” I suggested gently.

She looked like she was going to go into crying tantrum mode, so I started tickling her. She instantly started laughing as my fingers danced around her mercilessly for a moment. “Stop…” she cried, and I stood up with her still in my arms.

“Let’s go eat,” I told her and carried her downstairs. At the table, I set her in her highchair.

Dad came in the door right as I finished buckling Lily in. He kissed Lily and mom, said “Hi,” to me, and went to wash up. Then, we sat down to mom’s roast and potatoes she had put in the crockpot that morning. She looked up at the clock as I finished eating, “Nicholas, go get ready,” she told me.

“Okay,” I said with the butterflies flying in my stomach. It took me less than ten minutes to get dressed in my gi, and I ensured I looked ready for my testing. Then, I walked out of my room to see Mom changing Lily again. She usually had a messy diaper right after dinner, and it seemed like this was the case tonight, too, as I could smell it from the doorway. She had her bottle in her hand while she was being changed.

“I’m ready,” I said with a smile.

“So is Lily, huh?” Mom said and gave her a kiss. I loved my sister, but I have to say she was fortunate to always have so much attention from us. ‘I wish I received half that attention!’ I smiled.

My parents and I loaded up the Land Cruiser and headed to the dojo where I studied. Mom hugged me, Dad said, “Good luck,” and I went to my place at the front of the middle line. Other students trickled in, and before I knew it, our Sensei had us warming up and running through some simple forms as a group.

A few other parents were there for the younger children that night. A couple of my friends were also there to take their own belt tests. “Tonight, we have twelve students testing for their next belt,” Sensei announced as he had us gathered around the outside edges of the room. “We will go in order of lower belts to higher belts.” He explained the process, and I watched the other eleven students test through their forms, breaking boards, and sparring.

It seemed like no time at all before I was called up. “Nicholas Hammerstein, please step forward.” He smiled at me.

I walked to the center of the room and stood at the ready.

“Nicholas is testing for the highest belt he can earn here. After this belt, he will have to test elsewhere with a grandmaster present. Good luck,” he told me.

“Thank you, Sensei,” I said politely, bowing.

He asked me to do my forms, and I hoped I did a credible job for him and the visiting masters. I was less worried about this part than the breaking test. I sized up the boards I was to break first with a punch and was relieved to see all of them broken after I tried. Next, he had me perform a kick break which I successfully nailed! I was feeling confident as the sparring portion came up.

“Nicholas, you will spar against Randy,” he told me. He motioned to a student who had just successfully tested for his first-level black belt the previous month.

I watched him like a hawk and would have been declared the victor by points if this were a tournament. At that point, Sensei concluded the match. I stood at attention before him as he discussed my test with the guests.

“Nicholas, you have performed well on your test, and it is my great honor to bestow your second-degree black belt to you.” He handed me my new belt, and I bowed to him.

“Thank you, Sensei,” I said.

Suddenly I was attacked from below by a pink bundle. Sensei laughed at me, “You are going to need a higher degree belt to deal with that one!”

I held Lily back to the car and put her in her car seat. “You so cool!” She told me with a smile.

“Thank you, Lily,” I told her and reached over to hand her doll to her.

That night we found a place to get ice cream before heading home. We talked about my confidence as I progressed through the testing. Dad mentioned he thought I might even have a chance of sparring against Mergents, but I shook my head. I knew how good they were from some of the tournaments that ran side-by-side with mine sometimes! They usually had too much speed and faster reflexes, even if they didn’t have the strength to throw a car a block away!

We eventually finished our ice cream, and I fell asleep as soon as we got back into the car. It had been a long day!

MOM WOKE ME up at home, and I discovered the snow had indeed started to fall! “Snow!!!” Lily said excitedly, waking back up.

‘Uh-oh,’ I thought, ‘I bet she’s going to be a hyper handful for the rest of the night. I looked at my phone and groaned when I realized how late it was. ‘10 pm already?!?’

I went upstairs, showered, and put on my pajamas before trying to finish some of my homework. The essay could wait until tomorrow night, but the math homework wouldn’t. So I scrambled to do the six calculus problems but was still struggling on the final one when my dad came in. “It’s time for bed, Nicholas,” he said.

I sighed, “I have to get this last problem done first, Dad; I just can’t figure out where I’m going wrong.” I hoped that would get his attention, and maybe he would help.

He gave me a stare that told me he knew exactly what I was up to, but he looked at the clock next to my desk and said, “What is it?”

Dad looked at it for five minutes and scratched his head too. “Okay… If this number was different, this would work out to a nice even number, but the way it’s written… It has to be a mistake,” he said to me.

“How would you solve it, though, if it’s right?” I asked.

I watched as he found another piece of paper and started solving the equation using the much higher math knowledge he’d gained from his physics doctorate. “Well, this is the solution as written, but you can’t fully solve it because of this,” he pointed to errors. “Why don’t you…?” He walked me through what he had done to get to that point, and I copied it down to talk to the teacher the next day. I understood how he did it, but like him, I was pretty sure there was an error. This way, when I spoke to the teacher, I would have both an answer and a question on whether the problem was wrong!

“Okay, time for bed now!” he said.

“Thank you, Dad,” I said as I hugged him, “I don’t know what I’d do if you didn’t know math!”

He laughed, “You’d be fine. My parents used to look at my calculus homework and then walk away as quickly as they could!”

I decided to go to the bathroom one last time and watched Mom put Lily down in her bed. As much as she was growing up, she still wanted to be held in the rocking chair and told a bedtime story each night with her bottle. I figured one of these days, Mom would have to be mean and finally take away her bottles, pacifiers, and potty train her, but she seemed in no hurry to do so.

She turned and saw me walking back to my room, “You should have been in bed a half hour ago,” she said with a look.

“Sorry, Dad was helping me with homework. Besides, why should I go to bed before my baby sister?” I asked with a smirk.

“She takes naps,” Mom said with a smirk. Then, she gave me a hug, “Good night, Nicholas.”

“Night, Mom,” I told her and crawled into bed.

My last thoughts before going to sleep were, ‘I did it! I’m a second-degree black belt!’ Then, ‘I’m so jealous of Lily. I wish I could have a bedtime story and a bottle!’

SOMETIME LATER, IN the middle of the night, I woke up soaked with sweat and chilled. I pulled a blanket that had fallen on the ground and wrapped myself tighter, but I couldn’t stop shivering. I must have been audibly whimpering because my door opened, and Mom came in. “Are you okay?”

I shook my head, “I’m cold and shi-hi-vvv-vv-ering.”

She took one look at me and turned the lights on. I felt her hand on my forehead. “You’re burning up,” she said with concern. I watched her leave the room, and she returned with a thermometer and a washcloth. She stuck the thermometer in my mouth and put the washcloth on my head.

“This can’t be right…” she said. “Levi!!!” She shouted.

Dad came sleepily into my room. “What’s wrong?”

“He’s burning up… you don’t think…?”

This wasn’t making much sense to me as I was just not feeling it. All I could focus on was how much nicer it would be if Mom could just pick me up and hold me. Maybe I’d be warm enough then...? “I feel like I’m going to be sick,” I said, suddenly standing up and trying to run to the bathroom. As I got to the bathroom doorway, I saw my baby sister standing in her nightgown with her pacifier squeezing her bear, looking at me, scared. I felt terrible that I had woken her up; she looked so cute.

‘I wish I could be that cute,’ I thought. ‘Lily is so lucky that she’s a baby girl!’

That was my last thought before everything suddenly went black.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! Comments are always super appreciated as well!

For those who have read this before, I hope this is a smoother reading experience! There are lots of little changes and adjustments through the work. Let me know what you think!

If you're someone who must finish a good story 'now,' consider purchasing the full book on Amazon Kindle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1  I will be posting a chapter about every other day until the complete 62 Chapters and the Epilogue are reposted.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5
7 hours ago, FloridaKid said:

Loved the original! Based only on what I recall, this seems very similar so far. I’m looking forward to seeing the changes you’ve made, though! So glad to see you posting again!

It's not so much major plot that will change so much as world building elements renamed, grammar, etc. I've also fleshed out a couple sections that people were critical on. Hope you enjoy the second time around! Thanks for the comment! ?

Chapter 2: Careful What You Wish For

I LOOKED AROUND the house and wandered around from room to room. Where was Mom? Dad? Lily? I decided to go up to Lily’s room and found it empty. It was weird. I walked over to her changing table and noticed her favorite purple pacifier was there. I picked it up and looked at the pacifier, and there were open cutouts on either side of the button in the middle of it. I always liked her using it because I could see her cute smile still.

“Would you like that?” I turned around and suddenly faced a beautiful lady in her early twenties.

I blushed, “If I was young enough, I’m sure I would,” I said and sat it down. “Who are you?”

“Names are powerful things, young one,” she told me.

Something about this didn’t seem like a dream, and I could feel something like static electricity running up and down my body. “Maybe a nickname?” I asked before stretching out my hand and saying, “I’m Nicholas.”

“Well, they certainly brought you up to be polite,” the lady said. “You may call me Caireen,” she said simply. “You’re a very unusual young man. Willingly taking care of your sister?”

“She’s a sweetheart,” I responded.

“Still not normal for an eighteen-year-old boy to volunteer to help,” she said. “Of course, we wouldn’t be talking if you were normal,” she smiled.

“What do you mean?”

“You’ll find out. I guess we’ll be together for a very long time since you found me. Please don’t be upset at your gifts,” the strange woman said with a bright smile before taking the pacifier off the table and putting it into my mouth. “There you go,” she said.

My eyes must have been as big as saucers as I realized this had to be a dream.

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, I heard what had to be the most annoying metronome of all time as I woke up. I started to stretch with my eyes closed and suddenly realized something was wrong. “Levi, he’s waking up,” I heard Mom say, and I looked up suddenly at their faces.

Something was not right here. Not right at all! The angle of their faces was all wrong from where I was lying, and I was obviously in a hospital… but not in a regular hospital bed.

“Where am I?” I asked - or tried to ask. Something was in the way for me to talk. I reached up to my mouth and pulled out a… “Why do I have a pacifier in my mouth?” I asked, starting to panic, and sat up. My voice sounded really weird and squeaky.

Mom gently pushed me down, but something was wrong there. Her hand was too big!

“What happened?” I asked, more agitated and upset that my voice sounded weird.

“It’s okay, sweetie, calm down, and I’ll try to explain...” She said. Something in her eyes reassured me, but somehow I could tell that she wasn’t being truthful.

I lay back down, though, “Explain.”

Dad came in with the doctor right then. “Good, you woke up,” the doctor said.

“What happened?” I said again more forcefully.

“Nicholas,” Mom started, “...I don’t think there’s any easy way to explain, but you emerged last night and went through a major burnout.”

“I’m a Mergent?!?!?” I asked, surprised.

“Your mother and I both carried the gene recessively, but we figured the chances of you getting it was minuscule as a boy. “I looked at them in shock. I never knew our family had any history of Mergents.

“But don’t people usually emerge younger?” I asked, thinking back to when one boy in our school had emerged during our sophomore year.

The doctor shrugged, “Usually, but eighteen is not unheard of to emerge.”

I nodded finally, “Okay, so I’m a Mergent. Why… umm… why do I think I changed much more than average?”

The doctor answered this one, “Nicholas, you’re going to have to do some testing to be sure, but I believe you are an exceptionally high-level paradigm. Your EFP, or the Emergent Form Pattern that it made you look like, normally takes months to a year to change you to your final form. But for some reason, yours did.”

I sat up now and felt my mom’s hand helping me. I had lost a lot of height. A LOT of height. I didn’t seem to have any hair on my arms or legs. I felt the hair on my head, and it felt like it was shorter than it had been. It barely reached my shoulders but had a lot of curls at the ends. I pulled a lock of it and held it in front of me, surprised that it was now red! Looking down at the gown and noticed it was covered with very juvenile bears like you would see in pediatrics. Something else about my body felt ‘odd’, and I ran my hand down to my groin area. ‘Could it really have happened?!?’ I prayed that wish had come true. As I tried to feel that area, I was surprised that something padded was in the way.

I looked up at Mom and asked, “How old am I?”

“Eighteen…” she paused and grimaced, “going on three, we think.”

“And am I…” I was scared to ask this next one. If only it could be true, ‘please be true,’ I said to myself. “Am I a girl now?”

She nodded, and tears streamed out of her eyes. Dad came around and held one of my hands on the other side. I smiled.

“Being the same age as Lily is embarrassing,” I hopefully looked at the doctor, “But, I’ll at least grow back up, right?”

He looked at me and shrugged, “I don’t honestly know. Sometimes when a teenager emerges for the first time, they’ll go through a similar experience and get younger. Most of the time, they do begin aging again, but usually at a slower rate.”

“The other times?” I asked, finding myself craving something in my mouth to soothe myself. I knew the pacifier was sitting next to my hand and had to fight the urge to put it back in my mouth.

“Well, there have been a few cases of them getting younger and not aging at all,” he said, “I don’t know of any easy way to say it… but to be honest, there’s probably an eighty percent chance your EFP may lock you like this.”

“Great!” I groaned. “So, I’m going to be the baby sister before long!”

Mom smiled and said, “Well, maybe Lily will remember you taking such good care of you that maybe she’ll do the same?”

It was at that moment that I passed out again.

I WOKE BACK up as I felt my body being contorted. I opened my eyes and began to cry as I realized mom was changing my diaper. It smelled like one of Lily’s after-dinner diapers, which meant I had to have gone poop in my sleep. She finished and then picked me up. I realized then that the wires and IVs had been unhooked while I was sleeping.

“It’s okay, sweetie,” she told me, and she hugged me tight, cuddling me like my little sister.

Eventually, I calmed down, and she asked, “Do you want something to drink?”

I nodded. Mom produced a cup with a straw and some ice water. I tried to put the straw in my mouth, but something was in my way. “Here, I’ll take that,” she said as she pulled the pacifier out of my reddening face. A moment later, I found myself guzzling down. I was really thirsty!

When it was empty, I looked at her. “Am I a real baby or something? Why did I have a pacifier in my mouth?”

She sat down and held me on her knee, facing me. “You were burning up and stumbled down the hallway. When you reached the bathroom you… you… you suddenly started smoking and steaming before there was a burst of fire where you were standing.” Tears trailed down Mom’s face as she spoke, “I thought you had to be dead, but suddenly the fire was gone, and in its place was a… a little girl... “She cringed.

“Lily was as shocked as I was, and she walked over to you, and her pacifier fell out of her mouth right next to you. You picked it up, put it in your mouth, and then passed back out.”

I grimaced. I honestly could feel a craving for it even now. “Sorry, I have a bad feeling it’s going to be hard to break this pacifier habit!” I told her.

“You want it back?” She asked.

I couldn’t help nodding.

Mom placed it back in my mouth and started talking again, “What were you thinking about when you went to bed?”

“Why?” I asked around the pacifier. Mom still understood, with a smile curling on her lips.

“It may have affected your EFP,” she told me.

I grimaced and thought back, “I was thinking how nice it would have been for you to be able to pick me up and hold me like Lily.” I paused, unable to tell her the full truth about my wish. “Then I saw her standing in the hallway looking cute in her princess nightgown.”

Mom looked like she had understood most of that around the pacifier and hugged me tightly.

“I’m stuck like this, aren’t I?” I asked her.

“Probably.”

“The baby stuff?”

“Well, the pacifier seems tough for you to be without.”

I nodded.

“And the potty training… maybe we can re-train you.”

I pulled the pacifier out again and groaned. “How am I going to go to school in diapers and sucking on a pacifier?”

“I don’t know, sweetie, but we’ll find a way. I don’t think your mind will be hurt in any way. If anything, you’ll probably be smarter.” I smiled a bit at that, “And you’re probably a lot stronger, too,” she told me. “And you probably even have some really cool abilities now. The doctor said only the highest-level Emergents seem to change this much.”

I just nodded to that. “Where’s Dad?”

“He went home to get Lily.” She told me.

“What did you do with her last night?” I asked, suddenly worried.

“We brought her with us and then were able to drop her off at Hannah’s house since there’s no school today.”

“Really? We had a snow day, and I have to be sick?” Mom just laughed, plopped the pacifier back in my mouth, and sat there cuddling me until I must have fallen asleep.

I DIDN’T SLEEP long because I was soon woken up by voices. “Is that really Nick?” I heard and groaned.

I opened my eyes, “Hi, Hannah,” I said timidly. Mom was still holding me, so I felt some comfort from that.

She held out a cute teddy bear to me that had a ribbon tied around its neck. I couldn’t help but notice it seemed more than half my size! “I thought maybe…?” Then, she appeared to lose her words and was unable to speak.

“Thanks, Hannah,” I said as I held an arm out to hold it. Mom held onto my waist and kept me from falling off her lap.

“You’re beary welcome,” she told me with a smile. But then, she hesitated before saying, “Wow, you’re adorable, Nick.”

“I haven’t even seen myself,” I said aloud. Through the pacifier, I thought it sounded like gibberish, but Mom must have understood it.

“Do you want to?” She asked me as she stood up and leaned me back to look at her.

I grimaced but nodded, “Uh-huh,” I said. Mom carried me to the bathroom, and I saw a pretty little girl, maybe just a little older than Lily, staring at me. My hair was fiery red now, like the color of Merida’s from Brave, and I had green eyes. Not just any green, though; they were a dark emerald color that seemed to glow almost – and certainly were abnormal!

Seeing myself as a girl was enough to make up for suddenly being a baby. I smiled at the realization that I, in fact, was a beautiful little girl!

The pacifier in my mouth must have been swapped at some point because it was a new one I had never seen my sister use. The guard was purple with a button of pink flowers on it. It was so girlish I would have to keep it safe from my sister stealing it. I giggled at that.

“What’s so funny?” Mom asked as I kept giggling.

“What’s not funny?” I asked, gasping as the pacifier fell from my mouth. “I’m supposed to be eighteen years old, and suddenly, I’m a three-year-old baby girl with a pacifier in my mouth that my sister will probably want to steal from me.” I kept laughing.

“Well, you did steal hers first,” she told me with a smile. She sat me down on the ground, and I walked towards the bed again.

Surprisingly I felt like I was able to walk normally. The only thing that made me waddle a little was the diaper, which was obviously a little wet. Hannah had picked up my dropped pacifier and washed it in the sink. I walked over to her and put my arms up in the traditional ‘pick me up’ pose. She obliged and said, “Well, I guess you won’t be worrying about that English essay for tomorrow?”

I smiled, “Somehow, I don’t think I’ll get that lucky?”

Mom nodded at me, “We’ll keep you home for now, but you’re going to do all of the assignments and homework from home.”

Just then, Dad came in, holding my sister. Lily looked at me and frowned, “Nicko?” She still couldn’t say Nicholas yet, which was the closest she could get.

I sighed and said, “Yes, Lily.”

“You little like me?”

“Yes, Lily.”

“You play with me?” She asked with a timid smile.

“Sure,” I said.

Dad had brought some of her favorite dolls with her, and I sat down in the bed… crib… with her and just like that, we played for an unknown amount of time before I felt my stomach growl. Mom, Hannah, and Dad sat in the corner talking and watching us and paused, having heard it from there. “Are we hungry yet?”

An orderly walked in, pushing a food cart as if on cue. “Mac and cheese?” she asked Mom.

I groaned; I would have to get used to people talking about me as if I wasn’t there…

“Yes, just leave it there.” She told her. “Lily, you’re going to go back home with Daddy and Hannah to take your nap. Hannah’s going to stay with you until later when hopefully, we’ll be able to bring Nicholas home.”

“I’m going home tonight?” I asked, surprised.

“The doctor said he’d probably send you home since you woke up. There’s nothing else they can do for you since you’ve stabilized. We have some paperwork to fill out, and they want us to get you tested Monday.”

“I wonder why I haven’t been able to sense any abilities yet?” I asked. “I thought ever Emergent gets abilities of some sort?”

As if it was waiting for that question, all of a sudden, the world looked very different. I could see all of these weird lines running over the floor in every direction I looked. I noticed some leading towards my new teddy bear and had a silly thought, ‘She could really use a dress...’ Everyone gasped as there was a small flash, and suddenly, my new teddy bear had a perfectly sized and pretty purple dress.

“Did you do that?” Mom asked suddenly.

“Do it again!” Lily said.

I looked at the bear she had brought and imagined a pink dress to match. Suddenly there was another flash, and she shouted, “You did it, Nicko! Thank you!”

Mom looked at me and said, “How did you do that?”

“All of a sudden, after I asked what my abilities were, I saw all these lines…?”

Dad sighed, “Well, that’s going to mean we’ll have to get you taught sooner than later.”

“What?” I asked.

“It means you have a magic trait,” he explained. “You can probably do many things like that with magic.”

“Awesome!” I said before my stomach growled again. The lines were still everywhere, so I thought, ‘vision normal?’ I smiled as the lines went away.

“We’ll see you in a bit,” Hannah said and hugged me. I hugged her back, and soon Mom had me back on her lap with the tray of macaroni and cheese.

“It might be easier for me just to feed you,” Mom said as she tried to figure out the arrangement for me to have the bowl in front of me. Unfortunately, the bed wouldn’t work.

I sighed, “Let’s get it over with,” I said. We managed to get most of it inside my mouth. A couple times, she started to bring the spoon up, and I turned my head slightly on accident, and she missed my mouth. A baby wipe quickly took care of it, and she placed the bowl back on the tray.

“Let’s change your diaper, sweetie,” she said.

“I’m not…” then I realized I was wet and finished, “feeling myself going at all.”

Mom stood and held me securely to her right side while she used her free hand to unfold a changing mat onto the crib mattress. Then, she moved to a shelf on the side and grabbed a fresh diaper and some wipes, which she laid beside it before lying me down on the changing mat. “It’s okay, sweetheart. I have a feeling between what you were thinking and your body size that this may be a part of life now.”

I felt tears going down my eyes. “Forever?”

She said nothing else for a moment as she pushed the hospital gown out of the way to expose the diaper. I lifted my head forward to look, but she pushed my shoulders back down. “Stay down, sweetie, so I can take care of this. Even if it’s forever, I’ll always love you.”

I felt myself jolt as I heard and felt the rip of the first tape on the diaper. The second tape was ripped next, and I felt Mom grab my ankles just like we did to change Lily’s diaper. It only emphasized the massive size regression I’d undergone, as my ankles easily fit in her single hand. She used a baby wipe to gently wipe me, and her touch felt intrusive and tickled.

I squirmed a little as she thoroughly wiped a part of my body that was foreign now and felt my face turning the color of my new hair. “It’s okay, almost done!” She told me

I stayed silent as she placed my butt down on the new diaper. She folded the used wipes inside the old one and set it to the side. I tried to sit up again, but my left hand pushed down firmly above my belly as she taped the left side of my diaper shut, then switched to securely tape the other.

“I’ll never have a normal life,” I said, embarrassed to have my mom in my personal space like that!

“Who’s to say that, sweetheart? You may find part of your abilities lets you grow up too!”

She pulled the gown back down over my diaper and kissed my forehead before taking the balled-up used diaper to the trash can. Mom returned and carried me back over to the chair and held me. I felt comfortable as she gently patted my back. I fell asleep at some point because the next thing I knew, Dad was back, and so was the doctor. Mom had woken me up to talk.

“Okay, sweetie, we have to have a frank discussion about some things here.”

I nodded and noticed the pacifier in my mouth. I pulled it out and held it so I could talk. “Okay.”

The new doctor looked at me, “I’m Doctor Earnhardt.” He held a hand to me. I took his hand with his completely enveloping mine.

“Nice to meet you; I’m Nick… well, sort of?” I smiled.

He did too. “Okay, I think you’re out of the woods from the burnout possibilities. Your mom and dad will probably be best off taking you home now. However, we can’t do that before we take care of some things.”

“Okay…?”

“Well, first things first, we need to go to the nurses’ station so I can measure and weigh you.”

I nodded. Mom picked me up and carried me down the hallway, where I was placed on a scale, a typical doctor’s office one, and weighed. “Okay, twenty pounds, one ounce,” he said.

“That’s it?!?” I asked, surprised. I spoke around the pacifier that had found its way back into my mouth.

“Yeah, I thought you felt much lighter than your sister.” Mom said.

“Okay, come over here, and let’s measure your length.” He directed me against a wall and said, “Okay, thirty-four inches.”

‘I’m an inch taller and seven pounds lighter than my baby sister,’ I thought. “I’m never going to be able to get a car and drive now!” I moaned aloud.

Mom hugged me, and we returned to my room with her carrying me. Back in my room, the doctor took out a measuring tape and measured the circumference of my head, waist, arms, and just about everywhere else while making notes. He did some reflex tests on my knees and feet. He had Mom remove my diaper before examining my lower end gently for a long awkward moment before telling her to put my diaper back on.  

“Okay, honestly, you seem to be physically a little bit below weight, but otherwise normal twenty-six-month-old girl,” he told me when she was done. “Your reflexes are better, though, and I suspect you probably have the physical abilities of an adult or more. Have you tried lifting anything yet?”

I shook my head.

“Put her down on the ground,” he said. He pointed to the chair against the wall. “See if you can move that or pick it up.”

I looked at him skeptically as I was sure it weighed more than my twenty pounds! I walked over and was surprised I could easily lift it above my head. For fun, I threw it up in the air and panicked as it hit the ceiling and bounced back toward me. Somehow, he caught it and said, “Okay, that answers that. Be very careful with your strength. You’ll probably find yourself getting stronger over the weekend. If you’re not careful...?”

I nodded, fighting the tears from my eyes - I could hurt my sister. That would be horrible.

“You made an appointment at the lab for Monday, right?” He asked Mom.

She nodded, “First thing in the morning.”

“Good, last thing before I write the release papers… We need a different name for you, I think.”

Dad had been sitting in the corner, just being quiet. “Nicholas, do you want to pick, or do you want us to pick?”

I froze at that. I had dreamed of girl names before but had never settled on one. “Can I let you pick but veto it if I hate it?”

He and Mom smiled about that. “Okay,” he said. “We were thinking Sofia,” he said, “spelled with an F.”

“So, like the cartoon character?” I asked, trying not to smile. It was actually a name I had thought of before!

Mom nodded sheepishly, “It was the other name we thought of when Lily was born?”

“And a middle name?”

“Elizabeth, like your mom and your sister,” Dad said.

“Okay,” I said.

“Really? You’re not going to fight us on this and throw a fit?” Dad asked, confused.

“No, I’m not, let’s talk about it at home, though,” I told him. “Assuming I can go home?” I asked the doctor.

“Yes, you may. I’m going to send a nurse here with the discharge papers. Why don’t you go ahead and get her dressed to leave?”

I smiled again at ‘her’ being used again. ‘I can’t believe it really happened,’ I thought. Mom felt my diaper and said, “It can last until we get home. Which would you like to wear?” She asked me.

She held up three outfits. One was a pretty dress with tights. I really liked it, but it was snowy outside if they didn’t have school today. The next was a yellow sweater and a pink set of overalls with snaps along the legs, and the final option was a pair of jeans and a plain blue sweatshirt. I pointed to the overalls, “That one please.”

She handed me the sweater, and I gratefully put it on myself. I stood up, pulled the overalls up without too much trouble, and buckled the straps unassisted. The nurse came then, and before I knew it, Mom was sitting in a wheelchair with me, cuddling my new teddy bear, now named Amber, getting pushed out to the parking lot where Dad was waiting.

He opened the door I usually got in through, and I saw a brand-new rear-facing purple car seat beside Lily’s. “I guess I’m stuck in one of these, huh?” I asked.

“Yes,” Mom said. She pulled the harness straps around me, adjusting them before buckling me in and closing the door. As we pulled away, I couldn’t help but wonder just what in the world happened to my brain cells that I had to get locked with the body of a baby girl!

‘At least I am a girl, though!’ I beamed.

Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! Comments are always super appreciated as well!

For those who have read this before, I hope this is a smoother reading experience! There are lots of little changes and adjustments through the work. Let me know what you think!

If you're someone who must finish a good story 'now,' consider purchasing the full book on Amazon Kindle! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BTBTTGX1  I will be posting a chapter about every other day until the complete 62 Chapters and the Epilogue are reposted.

• Like 12
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 2 (1/31/2023)

Kind of wish I had a copy of the original for comparison, but even without that I am pretty sure I know where more significant world building changes will come in Sofia’s near future. Great first couple of chapters (again)!! ?

2 hours ago, BabySofia said:

She held up three outfits. One was a pretty dress with tights. I really liked it, but it was snowy outside if they didn’t have school today. The next was a yellow sweater and a pink set of overalls with snaps along the legs, and the final option was a pair of jeans and a plain blue sweatshirt. I pointed to the overalls, “That one please.”

She handed me the sweatshirt, and I gratefully put it on myself.

I’m being super picky here, but your work is so good it seems a shame to leave even slight mistakes. In one paragraph you say it’s a yellow sweater and in the next refer to it as a sweatshirt. ?

38 minutes ago, FloridaKid said:

Kind of wish I had a copy of the original for comparison, but even without that I am pretty sure I know where more significant world building changes will come in Sofia’s near future. Great first couple of chapters (again)!! ?

I’m being super picky here, but your work is so good it seems a shame to leave even slight mistakes. In one paragraph you say it’s a yellow sweater and in the next refer to it as a sweatshirt. ?

Thanks for the catch, I’ll get it updated in my master document and fix it here later!

Thanks for the comments! ?

• Like 2

I really enjoyed the original fanfic Emerald Princess. I'd read the first couple dozen entries of the source setting's stories so it caught my eye. So I'm really looking forward to reading the serial numbers removed and more years of experience own-world version. Looking really nice so far! Only expecting it to get even better.

Chapter 3: Homecoming

I LOOKED AHEAD at the road from the seat and noted that it was weird to be unable to move as much. I did feel safer, though, from a collision this way. I couldn’t believe how small I was now… I sat sucking on the pacifier more without noticing for a few minutes and decided to experiment by pulling it out of my mouth. I held it in my hand to reassure myself that it wasn’t going anywhere.

“Tired of sucking on that?” I hear Mom ask from the front looking at the camera monitor we had for the backseat.

“Experimenting…” I told her.

“Huh?” Dad asked.

I sighed, “How long I can resist sucking on a pacifier. I assume this is what a smoker feels like while trying to quit.”

“It’s that bad?” Mom asked with concern.

“Not if it’s in my mouth,” I said grimly. Trying to change the subject, “So I’m the same size of clothes as Lily now?”

“Well, not diaper-wise,” she said.

“Huh?”

“You’re lighter and skinnier… you’re actually a size smaller there.”

I groaned, “I am taller than her, at least.”

“For now…” Dad said quietly.

I glared at the camera in case he looked at the monitor screen. I managed to last with the pacifier out of my mouth until we pulled into our driveway nearly thirty minutes later. Something about arriving home sent anxiety to my brain. The outside was covered in seven inches of snow or so. I tried to pop the latches on the harness, but I couldn’t quite make my fingers hit it from the right angle. I had just decided to try using magic when Mom opened my door and swatted my hands from the straps. “I’ll get that, honey.”

I sighed. “I’m not really a baby…?”

She raised an eyebrow and said, “I know you’re not… but how about we pretend the rules for your sister apply to you until we get testing done Monday.”

I groaned! Mom didn’t spank Lily for much, but getting out of her car seat on her own had nearly caused an accident a couple months ago. They had been very strict about not messing with her buckles after that!

“What day is it anyway?” I asked with a sigh. “Was I just out the one day?”

“It’s Thursday; you were only unconscious for about seven hours.”

“So, three days?”

“What, you can’t last that long?” Mom teased but looked concerned.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, actually.”

“Well, let’s go inside and let Hannah off the hook from your sister. Your dad is going to drive her home.” She had picked me up, and I was easily able to cling onto her and my teddy bear at the same time as she held her hand below my bottom. I could feel that my diaper was squishier than it had been a moment ago, but I hadn’t felt any sensation of going.

“Can you please change me too?” I asked.

“Did you go again?” she asked me.

I nodded as Dad opened the door for us. “I don’t know when either,” I said with a frown.

She tickled my chin, “No frowning! If you can’t help it, you can’t help it. We’ll deal with it,” she said with a smile and then kissed the top of my head and carried me upstairs. Hannah and Lily had just come from the basement and followed us there. Lily was climbing up the stairs as best she could.

‘Great, that’ll be embarrassing,’ I told myself as I considered how I would be climbing the stairs the same way. ‘The baby gates are taller than me now, too,’ I sulked as mom carried me up the stairs.

The most embarrassing experience was when I was laid down on Lily’s changing table a few moments later. Mom didn’t hesitate or give me any warning as she put the strap over my chest and began pulling at the snaps at the crotch. I saw Hannah watching, and then she turned away guiltily.

As painfully embarrassing as being naked with a wet diaper was, I decided I had to say something to help with the awkwardness. “So... Hannah… are they planning on there being school tomorrow?”

She looked back over at me, and I realized it had to have been hard to understand around the pacifier. So my hand pulled away the pacifier, and I repeated it.

“Probably, unless we were to get more snow.” She said.

“Can you turn in my essay if I can get it done?” I asked.

“Umm… sure.” She said.

“I have calculus done, too,” I said as I felt mom rip the tapes open on the old diaper.

As if she finally understood that it was okay to look and talk to me, she came back toward me. “Did you figure out that last calculus problem?”

“Sort of,” I said as I tried to distract myself from Mom grabbing my feet in one hand and lifting my bottom while pulling the wet diaper out from underneath. “My dad and I think there’s a mistake. So he helped me solve it as far as possible, and then I also solved it with the corrected problem.”

“Think you can help me with that before he takes me home?” She asked me.

“Sure,” I said as Mom finished taping the new diaper on me. I had done my best to ignore the powder she had used and the whole experience. Especially the embarrassment I was fighting with one of my best friends watching! Mom snapped the crotch of my overalls back closed and set me on the ground. “Now?” I asked.

“I guess,” she responded, and we went to my room.

Mom called, “Lily, where are you? Let’s change your diapee too while I’m at it.”

My backpack was lying on the floor, and I unzipped it without any problems. Hannah looked at the book I was about to grab and was going to offer to carry it.

“I’ve got it,” I told her with a smile.

“That book weighs like a quarter of your weight, though,” she started to argue.

I picked it up like I was still her size. “I may be the size of a baby Hannah; I may even never be potty trained again and need a pacifier...”

Suddenly I felt tears coming to my eyes, “Where is my paci…?” I started, but she reached down and put it in my mouth. The tears quickly went away, “Fanks,” I said around it with a sigh.

“This sucks!” I said. “Anyway, I’m strong!” I told her with a smile that made its way around the shield.

She shook her head and had a seat on the ground with me. Hannah had grabbed her backpack, too, and we sat down to talk about it. As we were finishing, Lily came in after Mom had finished changing her and pulled at me. “Play with me, Nicko?”

I looked at Hannah and winked, “I guess now that I’m a baby, I get to play more?”

“All da time!” Lily said and kept pulling at me.

“See you later, Hannah,” I told her, knowing she would leave now.

She hugged me before I let Lily lead me down to her room, and we played for what seemed like a few minutes when Mom picked us both up. “Come on, dinner time, you two,” Mom said.

“Aww…” I heard Lily say and realized my voice joined hers.

She took us to the bathroom, where she picked us up to wash our hands before carrying us down to the kitchen. Lily’s high chair had been joined by another. “You get chair like me!” she said excitedly.

I sighed. “I’m too short for a regular chair now, Lily,” I told her. “Couldn’t I use a booster seat, though?” I suggested to Mom.

She looked embarrassed, “I don’t think we even thought about that… Would you mind for now?”

I grimaced but said, “Okay.”

Mom put Lily down in her chair first and handed me to Dad. I groaned a bit as Dad buckled the seatbelt and put the tray in place. Mom put one of Lily’s bibs around her neck and seemed to look at me for whether or not she needed to put one on me.

“Nicko bib?” Lily asked.

I shook my head, “I’m a big… girl; I shouldn’t need it.” I said to Mom as much as Lily.

Mom nodded, “I know you’re still eighteen, really… we’ll try it.”

I sighed in relief. Dinner was a piece of pizza, and I asked, “Mom, may I have a fork and a knife?”

She looked at me skeptically but brought me a regular size fork and knife. I hated eating with my hands, especially pizza, something my mom had no idea where I had gotten from. I noticed my parents trying not to watch me as I gripped the too-large silverware in my hands. I still had the coordination to make the cuts, but they were too big. I thought for a moment and decided to try something.

I pictured the lines I had seen earlier back in my mind, and I could see them on everything again. I visualized the silverware being back to a normal proportion for me, and with a quick flash, they were!

“What did you do?” Mom asked nervously.

“Same thing I did to make the bear’s dresses,” I told her with a smile and used the correct size utensils to cut a piece of the pizza off. From my new perspective, the single piece looked like half a pizza. “May I have a drink, please?” I asked her.

She looked at me and shook her head. I watched her go to the cabinets, where she grabbed a pink Disney Princess sippy cup for me and filled it with juice from the fridge. I looked at her like, ‘really?’ but she smirked. “You’re going to have to get used to using sippy cups in this house, sweetie. I learned long ago that it was a good idea until you were about six!”

I sighed, “Whatever,” and took a drink. It really was okay, I didn’t mind the girly cup, but I hated having another reminder of my new situation. ‘How bad is a sippy cup compared to a pacifier addiction?’ I asked myself. With a sigh, I returned to eating my meal and had the pizza devoured before my sister managed about half of her much smaller slice. I finished the juice too. “May I please have more?” I asked. They avoided actively staring at me and were surprised I finished the food.

“You need more?” Mom asked.

I shrugged, “I’m hungry, I guess.”

Even I was a bit surprised as I finished the third slice a while later and finally began to feel full. “You’re going to be sick later, Sofia!” Mom said to me as she unbuckled me from the highchair.

“Maybe, maybe not… I’m not really three…”

“No, you’re really more like two, sweetie,” she said to rub salt in the wound but had a smile on her face.

I turned around and looked at my sister standing next to the couch. I watched as she bent her legs for a moment and knew what she was doing. Sure enough, when she stood up, she smiled and looked happy. I was just getting ready to wonder if I would be in a similar state when I felt something warm coming out of my rear end. I realized I was standing with my knees bent and stood back up, shocked. Meanwhile, my sister sat down, and I swear it looked like she was smushing it all around.

Mom came up from behind me, “Smells like I have a poopie pants around here,” she said.

I just started bawling.

I felt her pick me up and try to soothe me for several moments. It made it worse, though, because she accidentally smushed some of it against my butt when she picked me up. Finally, she carried me upstairs and said, “Lily, come on! You’re poopy too! I need to change you and your sister and put you in the bath.”

I bawled uncontrollably and barely registered anything until she laid me back on the changing table. She gently unsnapped and pulled the coveralls off my body to expose my shirt and the diaper. I felt her undo the tapes and was surprised that this time I didn’t smell the terrible scent I usually did when Lily pooped her diapers. She gently opened the diaper and began wiping me clean. I was surprised when she sat me back down on the ground without putting another diaper on me.

“Ni… Sofia, would you please go wait for us in the bathroom?” Mom said.

I couldn’t do anything but nod at that point. Then, I walked into the hallway bathroom and realized everything seemed big. The toilet was like a giant chair in front of me. Even if I was potty trained, I knew it would be tough to get up and down it all the time. The tub had begun to seem shallow a long time ago; now, it looked like it could swallow me easily. I stood there until Mom came in with my sister on her hip.

Lily looked at me, “You have vageena too?”

I sighed. “Yes, I do,” I said.

“But Nicko was boy?” Well, my sister certainly was as intelligent as the rest of us.

“I’m not anymore,” I told her.

“You girl just like me?”

“Yes, Lily, just like you now,” I told her, “but I’m still the same Nicko you’ve always known, but call me Sofia now.” Mom listened as I watched her fill the bathtub and add bubble bath.

She looked at me, and I could tell she was trying hard to think. “You sistah instead of brother?”

I shrugged, hating the fact that I was naked right then. “I guess so, Lily,” I told her.

For whatever reason, that excited her. “Yay, I have sistah!!!!” She suddenly jumped and hugged me. I returned the hug and couldn’t help but notice she was nearly the same height. An inch difference in size wasn’t that much, and it was clear she was bigger. I was careful when I hugged her, though, knowing my new strength was dangerous.

“Okay, my little princesses, arms up in the sky like a ballerina!” I groaned but lifted my arms up and let her pull my shirt off after she had taken Lily’s off. I watched her pick Lily up, plunked her gently in the tub, and then she did the same with me. As much as I didn’t want to take a bath with my sister, I couldn’t help but enjoy the playtime with her. Mom pulled out some of her toys, and we ended up squirting each other and drawing on the walls with bath markers alternately while Mom washed us and our hair.

She was very gentle as she washed my hair. “Close your eyes, Sofia,” she told me gently. Then, I felt her dump several cups of water over my head before massaging shampoo into my hair. It felt pretty good, and before I knew it, she said, “You can open them now,” just in time for my sister to squirt water in them!

Before I could retaliate, she pulled the plug from the tub and said, “Okay, let’s get you both nice and dry and ready for bed!”

“Do I have to go to bed?” I asked her.

She shook her head, “Not yet. Your father and I need to talk with you first.”

I thought that going to bed might be the better plan! Lily looked like she might whine, but Mom told her, “Sofia will go to bed soon. She’s still older, so she has a later bedtime like before.”

Lily looked at her and said, “Okay.”

Mom wrapped both of us with towels and then sat Lily on the counter. I watched her take a blow drier and dry her hair while brushing it out. I noticed her wince a couple times as Mom found a ‘snarl’ as she’d learned to call the tangles in her hair. Finally, when she was done, she carried her to her room and said, “Sofia, come with me. We’ll come back and do your hair.”

She picked Lily up and sat her down on the changing table. I watched her give her the pacifier she loved and suddenly felt that craving for mine again. I groaned and found my thumb in my mouth before I could even think about my hand moving to my mouth. Lily was dressed in a pink blanket sleeper and sat on her bed. “Next princess,” Mom said with a smirk.

I put my arms up, and the towel fell down. Mom placed my naked body on the table and quickly diapered me before pulling my thumb out and replacing it with another pacifier. I suddenly found myself relaxing from the feeling of it inside my mouth. I shook my head, ‘This is going to get old...’

I had to at least give myself credit for making it from dinner through my bath without it, though. Mom asked, “Should I dress you?”

I shrugged, “Do you want to?”

The smile on her face and the gleam in her eye was enough answer. She dressed me in one of Lily’s other purple sleepers. Mom sat me down, “Your dad is downstairs if you want to go watch TV with him until I get Lily to bed.”

I realized dad must have brought her bottle up already as it was sitting next to the rocking chair. I felt my jealous monster roar again then, but I nodded and said, “Okay,” and began walking down the hallway.

• Like 12
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 3 (2/2/2023)

Chapter 4: No Magic

BEING CARRIED SO much today, this walking business was almost a novelty! At the stairs, I held back a feeling of panic at looking down the tall staircase! I grabbed the rail tightly and took it one step at a time before making it down. I looked back up and wondered how I would deal with those regularly!

I could hear the TV on in the downstairs living room and walked over there. My dad was sitting in his recliner and taking a drink right then. I thought about just walking over to the couch and having a seat, but he opened his arms and said, “You want to come sit in my lap?”

I had been so jealous of my sister that I couldn’t turn that down! I started running and realized a problem as soon as I jumped into his lap. I was moving faster than I should have been. He said, “Oomph,” and I looked to ensure he was okay.

“I’m so sorry, Dad! Are you okay?!?” I asked, suddenly afraid I had hurt him.

“Thankfully, you missed the jewels, sweetheart. I’m fine,” he said and hugged me to reassure me. “You need to be really careful, though. You look like a baby, but you’re definitely not a normal one!”

I returned the hug and leaned into his arm to watch the TV show. It was a new episode of one of the CSI spin-offs I didn’t usually watch. I didn’t tend to spend much time watching TV between practicing and doing homework. Then, it suddenly occurred to me, “If I’m stuck like this, I’ll never be able to play flute again!”

Dad hugged me, “I’m sure we’ll figure something out. What about piccolo?”

I smiled, “I bet I could do that!”

“Well, maybe we’ll see about getting one for you for Christmas.”

We sat there for about ten more minutes until Mom came down. “Already a daddy’s girl?” She asked teasingly.

I tried sticking my tongue out at her before realizing something was in the way. I pulled my pacifier out, stuck my tongue out, and then put it back in my mouth. She laughed and came over to pick me up from Dad’s lap. Then, she proceeded to start tickling me without any warning!

“Stop…” I giggled.

“Okay…” she said. Dad turned off the TV and came and joined us on the couch.

I sighed; this was going to be one of those conversations. “Okay, so what do you want to talk about?”

“A lot of things,” Mom said gently.

“Well... start talking,” I said.

“First off, I think we’re going to have to have some ground rules here, sweetie,” Dad said.

“Like?” I said and pulled the pacifier from my mouth. I had to force myself to hold it in my lap.

“Well, for one, until you get some training, I think no magic in the house would be a good one to start with.”

I looked at him skeptically, “Why?”

He sighed, “Look, some of my work - which you know I can’t talk about - involves some of the after-effects of energy output from mergents. We particularly study those that use so-called magic power. We’ve been trying for the last decade to isolate the physics principles that have to be at work behind ‘magic.’ We have a few magic users in our group that help us out. Unfortunately, I’ve heard too many horror stories about them learning to use magic, making sprites, and destroying things.”

“Sprite?” I asked.

“They’re kind of like creatures… but come in all sorts of shapes. Normally they start wandering around destroying things and wreaking havoc anytime they appear.”

“Oh,” I said. “Will I be able to learn from someone here?”

Dad shrugged, “We’ll know more on Monday. There’s a school that a lot of other... “

He hesitated, so I added “Mergents,” for him.

He grimaced and nodded before continuing, “go to back east. I’d probably have you on the plane next week if you weren’t two years old. I’m not sure if they would be willing to have a student who basically needs a daycare, though…?”

I hit him lightly on the leg. Or I thought it was light; he winced. “Sorry, Daddy, are you okay?”

“Yes, but that will probably leave a bruise. You’re going to have to be really careful, sweetie!” He told me.

I felt some tears in my eyes at that.

He stroked my hair gently, “We’ll get through this, I promise you.”

“So, what else?” I asked Mom.

“Well, I think when we’re out, you need to pretend to be a normal two-year-old.”

“So, tantrums, pooping in my diaper at random points, sucking on a pacifier...?” I sighed, “I have the second and the third down, at least.”

“It wasn’t random, at least. It was after dinner, just like Lily,” she said with a smile. “If we had put you on the potty in time, you might have gone there.”

I smiled but shook my head, “I might have by random chance, but I can’t feel when I’m going or need to go at all! Lily will probably be out of diapers before I am again.”

She squeezed my leg gently, “It’s okay, though; that’s not the end of the world.” Mom hesitated but said, “No, I also mean things like using a bib, like your sister, definitely sitting in your car seat, high chairs, etc.”

“Why?”

“Well, partially to protect you,” Dad answered.

“Huh?”

“Look, and especially until Monday when you get tested, the EPC is a powerful government agency that could come and take you away if something funny happens. Then there’s Sanguis Primum; while they don’t have much of a presence in Los Alamos, there are a bunch of those nutjobs in Albuquerque and Santa Fe.”

I nodded at that. Even among ‘norms,’ I’d heard horror stories of the Emergent Protection Commission officers committing horrible acts against Mergents. The Sanguis Primum members took racism to a whole other level from what I had seen. “Okay, I get that. Do I have to be a complete baby here, though? Can I please have time on my computer and maybe keep up with my school stuff or something? I enjoyed playing with Lily tonight, but I’m still eighteen in my mind.”

Dad nodded, “I don’t see any reason why not. I think we may have to move your computer to another room, though, and give you another bed and redecorate.” He hesitated, “It doesn’t have to be too girly, though.”

I took a moment and decided to say, “No, it can be girly; that’s fine. Can we maybe decorate it with Sofia the First stuff? Since you named me after her and all. I mean, they made a TV show about me. Shouldn’t I have some of her stuff?” I winked at Dad.

“Why do I get the feeling the girl part of this isn’t upsetting you?” Mom asked gently.

‘Here goes nothing,’ I thought to myself, “Because…” I felt my breath shake, “Because it doesn’t,” I felt a tear roll down my face. “It’s a dream come true.”

“You wanted to be a girl?” Dad asked in surprise. His tone was still gentle.

I nodded, “Since I could remember, I thought I was one, but I had the wrong parts. Now I have the right body… well, sort of.” I grimaced and told them how I’d been scared to ever say anything to them. I knew I was transgendered, and becoming a girl was a dream come true! “Being a baby again really wasn’t in the plans, though,” I finished in tears.

“I think that you were focused so much on the simple pleasures of Lily’s life, though, that you kind of got stuck on it then,” Dad told me softly. Then, he leaned over to me and hugged me. “I love you. Never forget that.”

Mom joined in the hug and said, “So do I, sweetie; whether you’re eighteen, two, or one hundred, I will always love you.”

“I love you too,” I said to them and was glad I had parents like these.

We stayed there for a few minutes before I asked, “May I go to my room and get on my computer?”

Mom looked at me for a moment before nodding, “You may. Let me check your diaper first, though.” I grimaced as Mom felt the crotch of my diaper and said, “A little wet, but I think it’ll hold until bed.” She smiled at that.

“You could ask me to check it myself, you know,” I told her. My privacy already felt invaded during the changes.

Mom looked embarrassed herself, “I’m sorry sweetie, I… I guess I’m just used to checking your sister.”

I nodded. I guess I checked Lily all the time, too, since she didn’t usually tell us when she was wet. “I’m sorry; I guess that’s natural for you,” I told her and hugged her.

I then hopped off the couch lightly and headed to my room before the conversation got any more awkward. I took the stairs a little faster this time. They still seemed gigantic, but I didn’t feel the fear of them. I had to climb up my computer chair awkwardly to get into it before discovering I couldn’t just sit and reach the keyboard. I hopped down and let the chair go as high as possible before climbing back. I could sit on my knees and just reach everything pretty much. I noticed my cell phone there and saw Jacob had sent me a slew of messages starting with, ‘Hey, do you want to hang out?’ at first to really worried ‘Where the hell are you?’ messages.

I sighed.

I opened my phone’s unlock screen and sent a text to him. ‘Sorry, bro, got… sick. I’m going to be quarantined at home for a while.’

I sent a message to Hannah simultaneously, ‘Thanks for watching my sister earlier… and… thanks for being my friend.’

Hannah responded first, ‘You’re soooo cute now! You do realize that?’

I turned red, ‘I know...’

‘So what are you going to do now?’

‘I don’t know. I’m supposed to pretend to be two anytime we’re out and about. If you run into us somewhere, go ahead and let loose your maternal instincts I guess.’

‘lol, I’m sorry Nick.’

I paused before sending, ‘It’s okay, but it’s Sofia now… might as well get used to it. I need to go. I’ll ttyl’

‘Ttyl (-:’

I was just about to start browsing the internet when Jacob responded. ‘Dude, are you okay?’

I sighed, ‘Sort of… look, I’ll talk to my parents and maybe you can come over with Hannah Tuesday for us to explain.’

‘You’re acting like you emerged or something...’

‘Tuesday,’ I told him.

‘Okay, I’ll take the hint. I need to go; Mom is yelling at me.’

‘ttyl’

Putting my phone aside, I opened the internet and typed ‘Mergent’ into Wikipedia. Of course, everyone knew ‘about’ Mergents, but I never thought I would turn out to be one. I searched one website after another, looking for information. One of the first articles I read about were those with ‘Paradigm’ abilities.

‘Paradigm talents often manifest into super strong, super-fast, and super-beautiful Mergents. Little is known about how this trait is passed on, but those who receive this form of emergence tend to be the most ‘super’ of the variants. Nearly every high-level Paradigm Mergent will have a strong EFP that will guide and shape the Paradigm’s appearance. The most powerful will find that they may not even be able to cut their hair without it instantly growing back to maintain their ‘ideal’ form.’

I groaned as I read about EFPs or Emergent Form Patterns that controlled a high-level paradigm’s body appearance. It seemed like the higher level of a Paradigm you were, the more it could change you. I read a few accounts of gender change before, but it seemed like it wasn’t all that common. I didn’t find many examples of anyone getting younger, and none to my age.

I looked at the clock and saw it was almost ten, figuring my mom would be coming in soon. I looked around my room and saw my new black belt hanging off my dresser. I wondered if I could even still do those forms. Curious, I jumped off my chair, moved to the center of my room where there wasn’t a lot of clutter, and began moving through the basic warmup forms and worked to the ones I’d performed last night. Surprisingly I felt like I was even more nimble and sure of myself. The only thing that seemed to be holding me back was the stupid diaper. Until I managed to lick potty training again though I would have to get used to it, I was afraid.

I had just run through the final form when Mom came in. She looked surprised to see me in one of my forms - well, I’m sure it looked a little out of place. “Practicing?” She asked.

“I wanted to see if I could still do everything,” I told her with a smile.

“You can?”

“Uh-huh!”

“That’s great, sweetie.” She came over and kneeled down to give me a hug. “Look, I know you’re probably not a fan of this, but your father and I are tired, and I think it’s time for bed.”

I just nodded, “I understand. Can you change my diaper?”

Mom said, “That was just what I was coming to do!” Mom had my sister’s diaper bag and a changing mat that she laid down on the floor next to me. In next to no time at all, she had my sleeper feet off, my wet diaper peeled off, wiped bottom, powdered, taped the new one on, and had me redressed.

“You would think you’ve been doing that for the last two-and-a-half years or something?” I told her.

“Well, I had my three years with you before!” She picked me up and started to set me on my bed.

I felt embarrassed, but I pulled the pacifier out of my mouth and asked, “Umm… Mom… my?”

She looked at me strangely, “Yes?”

“I know this may sound kind of weird… but could you put me to bed like you do, Lily?” I felt my face flush a bit.

“With a bottle and a story?” She asked, kind of surprised.

I just nodded and put the pacifier back in my mouth, my face now fiery red.

“Sure, sweetie,” she smiled, “I’ll be back in a couple minutes.”

Mom disappeared downstairs and came up with one of Lily’s bottles filled with warm milk in one hand and a book about Rapunzel, one of Lily’s favorite stories. “You don’t have a rocking chair in here,” she started to say, but suddenly there was a pop, and one appeared where a bean bag I had on the ground was. “I thought we told you no magic?”

I looked up at her in fear, “I didn’t mean to, Mommy. I didn’t do what I did earlier at all!”

‘You didn’t, I did,’ I heard in my head. It was the voice of the lady from last night.

• Like 13
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 4 (2/4/2023)

Chapter 5: Emerald Castle

‘UMM...’ I THOUGHT in my head. ‘Who are you?’

‘I told you last night, Caireen.’

‘And… you’re inside my head?’

‘Your body. You bonded with me last night.’

‘Oh...’ I thought. ‘So, I guess I’m an avatar?’

‘I believe that’s what your people call it,’ she agreed, and somehow, I could sense she was nodding.

‘So you can act without me wanting you to?’ I asked.

‘Most of the time, no, but right now, I couldn’t help myself. In fact,’ I felt Caireen do something, and suddenly my walls, bed, desk, dresser, and clothes all seemed to transform. The walls became a light purple with some beautiful scrolling leaves and flowers in some sort of mirror paint. My bed became a crib, the dresser a changing table, and the room straightened everything to a neat order. It was a prettier nursery than Mom had done for Lily - which had taken us months to do!

“Sofia Elizabeth,” Mom said to me while looking stunned.

‘How am I going to prove I didn’t do this!?!’

‘Let me talk to her...’

There was something akin to a light switch thrown, and I felt like I was now watching my body. “Sofia did not do this, Mrs. Hammerstein,” came from my body with a much more mature voice somehow coming from my vocal cords.

“What did you do to my daughter?” Mom asked, panicked, “Is she okay?”

“She’s perfectly fine. You may call me Caireen. Your daughter and I bonded last night… I saw she would die without my help, but she has so much potential I decided I had to help her… In the process, she and I ended up bonding.” I felt my eyes move around, “She’s going to take back over now; I just don’t want her to get in trouble. She really needed a pretty nursery, though.”

I felt myself take back over again and, at the same time, could still feel her presence. ‘You’re still here?’ I asked.

‘Until you die, sweet pea,’ she said with a voice that seemed to smile. ‘I’ll talk to you later; your mommy is worried sick.’

“Sofia, are you okay?”

I nodded, “I am; it’s exactly like she said happened.”

“You’re not trying to get out of trouble?”

“I wish I could be this imaginative to get out of trouble,” I sighed.

Mom had a scared and shaken look that she managed to shake her head and ask in a mostly normal voice, “Well… still want your bottle?”

I nodded. Mom carried me to the rocking chair, positioned me in her arm’s crook, handed me the warm bottle, and then began to read the story. “Once upon a time...” I stayed awake for half of the story. I had to rely upon my memory of telling Lily to remember how it ended!

ALMOST AS SOON as I fell asleep, I was standing in a green meadow with flowers and gigantic, beautiful butterflies everywhere. It was a spectacular view when I turned around and saw a stone castle that looked even prettier than anything in a Disney fairytale movie! “Like it?” I heard her ask.

“It’s beautiful!” I told her as I looked up to view a beautiful red-headed lady with emerald green eyes like mine. Her eyes had a twinkle to them that said she was friendly but with just a hint of mischievousness concealed beneath. She seemed like a giant compared to my size, but I guessed she was probably under six feet tall. I recognized the voice as Caireen’s and knew this must be her. “Where are we?”

“Ireland,” she said with a smile, and I finally caught the accent I had somehow overlooked in all of the weirdness from the previous night.

“Are we really here?”

She shook her head, “This is real, but it’s in your dreams. There are some Native American tribes here in America that have similar ideas, but this is where I’ve always come to relax and meet with others in the past.” She paused.

“So… umm… Who or what exactly are you?” I asked.

She reached down and picked me up. I noticed I was wearing a beautiful green dress from sometime before the 1900s. Actually, it wasn’t too far removed from what Merida’s dress in Brave looked like. As she picked me up, I could still tell there was thicker underwear on me. I sighed at that.

She took her finger and brought my face to look up at hers, “Don’t be sad. I’m not sure if you’ll be able to get to that stage of maturity or not again myself, but even if you don’t, at least it looks normal for you to be wearing diapers.”

Caireen carried me towards the castle, and I once again asked, “Who are you?”

“Well, that’s complicated,” she stalled, “but I was known in ancient Ireland as the Goddess and Protector of Children.”

I sat there and mentally thought, ‘oh shit!’

“It’s okay, Sofia; I will not harm you.”

“Joining with you caused me to become a baby?” I asked timidly.

“No, you were on your way to that on your own. But, I sensed you calling for someone to help and couldn’t help but fall in love with the baby girl I saw you would become.” She smiled at me as we crossed through the gates of the castle.

“So…?”

“So I saw you needed my help to survive both your change and your future. I also saw that in doing so, you would help me save many children from suffering in the future. You are the kind of person I have encountered only a few times in my existence.”

“How long have you existed?” I asked her timidly.

She smiled, “You should know better than to ask a girl how old she is!” Her voice said she was amused and not angry… even though she didn’t answer the question.

As we passed through the castle, it felt weird that there were no people there, even though it appeared as if an army of servants were at work at all times maintaining it. She eventually reached a massive hall door and walked through with me. Next, she climbed a spiraling staircase that was terrifying to me in my current size. They seemed to go on forever. Eventually, she opened a wooden doorway that opened to a nursery. A round crib and other decorations for a baby in the past decorated the room. She then sat me down on a table that had to be a changing table.

“Hold your skirts here, sweetie,” she told me, and I had my view blocked by the very puffy skirts and underskirts. She unpinned the diapers and pinned a new one on me before setting me on the ground and joining me on a bearskin rug.

“So, what are we doing here?”

“Well, in the future, you and I will be doing some training here.”

“What kind of training?” I asked.

“Magic, of course, silly,” she told me while touching my nose affectionately. “There will be teachers for you in your world, especially if you can go to that school, Bechtel, but our magic operates differently from most of your kind. The only kind that is very similar is the Sidhe.”

“The Sidhe?” I asked.

We sat talking for what seemed a long time as she told me about the crazy world that existed out there. Eventually, she saw me sucking on my thumb and said, “Oh my dear, we’ve been going a long time. It’s time for you to take your nap!”

For the first time in my life, I didn’t remember arguing about a nap. She picked me up and laid me down in the pretty crib. “Sleep well, princess.”

I WOKE UP with sunlight coming into the room. I could tell it was extraordinarily bright due to the snow outside, which had mostly been a forgotten thing to me. I sat up and freaked out for a moment. ‘Why are there bars around me?’ I thought and then realized, ‘oh...’ I stood up and wondered what I should do when the door opened and Mom came in.

“Oh, so the sleepyhead decided to wake up finally?” She asked me.

“Huh?”

“It’s nearly eleven,” she told me.

“Really?”

“Your sister wanted to wake you up to play, but I told her you needed to recover.”

“I probably did,” I admitted. Then, I put my hands up in the air, “Can you get me out of this cage, please?”

She laughed. I noticed that the crib seemed taller than Lily’s old one by a couple inches. I could just graze the top of the rails with my fingertips, but I would have to jump to grab on. She reached down, picked me up, and immediately took me over to the changing table that had appeared last night. “You know I’m probably the only girl in existence that sleeps in a crib, but her baby sister doesn’t?”

Mom laughed at me again. “Do you think Caireen would let you sleep in a regular bed?”

‘No,’ I heard.

I sighed, “No, she won’t.”

“Well then… I guess that’ll just be the first thing your baby sister does before you.” She admitted as she unzipped my sleeper. “Sit up,” she said, and I was stripped from the outfit down to my diaper. My very wet diaper.

I sighed, “This is embarrassing.” As I woke up, it really was becoming increasingly annoying to me.

“Here, maybe this will help,” she said and put a pacifier in my mouth.

I would have loved to have claimed it wasn’t helping, but the truth was that it did. Mom quickly and efficiently changed me into a dry diaper and asked, “So, what do you want to wear today?”

I shrugged and said around the pacifier, “What are my options?” It sort of sounded like that was enough for Mom to interpret.

She picked me up and walked to the closet, where I learned Caireen had been very efficient. My entire wardrobe was filled with adorable dresses that I suspected would be sized perfectly for me. I noticed a green one that looked like the one in my dream last night, or whatever that was, and pointed at it. “Dat one!” She pulled the hanger down, and we discovered it had a matching diaper cover.

“Probably should have some tights too,” mom said and went looking for some tights to match in a dresser drawer that had obviously also been a target for Caireen. She looked for a few moments before deciding on a set of black tights. They had some sort of leaves in a shiny gold stitch embroidered.

Mom sat me back down on the changing table edge and began helping put my toes in the tights. Then, she had me lay back down before she pulled them the rest of the way up over my diaper and set me down on the ground. “Okay, let’s step into these panties,” she told me.

“Mom, it’s a diaper cover, not even real panties,” I groaned.

She smirked at me, “Well, at least between the tights and the cover, you might not have your diaper seen later?” I stuck my tongue out at her.

“Okay, now arms like a ballerina!” She smiled at me, and I couldn’t help but giggle a little that she kept saying that to make me smile. Once she lowered the dress onto my body, I discovered it had a petticoat built in to puff it out. Mom tied a bow on the sash in the back, then went back to the dresser for some ribbons, and had me sit on her lap in the rocking chair. She looked at my hair, trying to decide what to do. Finally, her hands took off and made a simple set of braided pigtails with bows.

“You just need a tiara,” Mom said with a smile as she looked at me.

‘I can’t see myself getting one of those...’ I thought to myself.

‘But of course, you will.’ I heard in my head.

‘What do you mean?’

‘I called you princess last night; that wasn’t the endearment term used here in your modern world.’

“What?” I asked, stunned, dropping my pacifier from my mouth.

“What’s wrong, sweetie?” Mom asked in alarm.

“Umm… just something Caireen said, Mom, don’t worry about it.”

‘So, I have a tiara in that world?’

‘Actually, you should have it here too; let me just bring it out.’

There was another flash, and then in my hands, I held a beautiful me-sized tiara. It looked to be a material like silver, but somehow, I guessed it wasn’t really silver… A large emerald rested in the middle, with two slightly smaller emeralds on either side. Intricate curves and flowers with pearls decorated the rest of it. Mom gasped.

“What is that?”

I sighed, “Apparently, you may call Lily and I ‘princesses’ mom, but I really AM a princess. Still trying to figure out how that one works, though.”

‘I have a feeling this is priceless?’

‘Yes, Sofia, it is very priceless. It has been in the royal family for forty-five of your human generations.’

‘You can tell me the story tonight?’ I asked.

‘Certainly, now try it on?’

I handed it to my mom, “Would you please put it on me?”

She held it for a moment and examined it. “This isn’t a toy, is it?”

I shook my head, “Caireen’s words were that it’s priceless.”

“Maybe we should just put it somewhere safe…?”

‘Tell your mother that as long as you have it on your head, it will never unwillingly come off. Also, it will reappear to you if it ever gets lost or stolen.’

‘Cool!’

“Mom, Caireen says don’t worry about it… basically, you can’t remove it from my head if I don’t want you to, and if someone does steal it, I’ll get it back later.”

“O...okay,” Mom said, and she did put it on me. She instantly gasped and hugged me. “You’re beautiful, sweetheart!”

“Can you take me to the bathroom so I can see?” I asked.

“Shoes first!” she said. She carried me to the closet on her hip and found some black Mary Janes that would go with the dress well. She set me down and helped me into them, picked me back up, and then I was standing in front of the mirror on the bathroom counter, looking at my reflection.

“Oh my god...dess,” I decided I should add the last part at this point.

‘You do look perfect, princess,’ I heard Caireen say.

I was the picture-perfect toddler and tiara girl, but I wasn’t fake with it. I looked like I legitimately belonged to a royal family and was being taken somewhere formal with the family. The tiara shone from my head, and I couldn’t help but smile at how pretty I was. I turned around and hugged Mom. “Thank you for doing my hair.”

“Well, in the future, we’ll have to do something different with your tiara. It’s not a formal enough style. Let’s go down and show your sister?” She asked me.

I kind of froze for a moment but nodded. “Lily’s going to be jealous, though,” I said.

“Not to worry,” Mom said as she carried me through my sister’s room and picked up one of her play tiaras. “She won’t notice the difference, I hope!”

She carried me downstairs to the first floor, where my sister was coloring in the living room with the TV on the toddler channel. Mom sat me down on my feet, and I walked over to Lily, “Hi, Lily,” I said, “whatcha coloring?”

“Just a princess picture,” she said and then looked up at me. I watched my sister’s mouth open. “You playing princess today?!?!” She asked excitedly and clapped her hands together.

“Sure,” I said. Mom placed her tiara on her head, and I couldn’t help but feel a little bad that hers wasn’t real. ‘No, don’t go doing anything, Caireen!’ I thought.

‘You’re no fun,’ she griped.

“You two can play for a few minutes, but we need to get lunch in your tummies!” Then, as if to emphasize it, my stomach growled.

Mom left me to Lily’s devices, and we practiced our curtseys until Mom called us. I walked into the kitchen and waited for her to put my sister in her high chair, and then she lifted me up. “I know you don’t want to wear a bib normally, Sofia… but that dress…?” Mom pleaded.

I turned red but nodded, “I don’t want to get it messy either!”

Mom smiled, returned with a bib covered in butterflies and flowers, and velcroed it around my neck. “What’s for lunch?” I asked her as she put one on my sister too.

“Grilled cheese,” Mom said.

She watched as I held the sandwich with my hands, which I hated doing, and began eating. I finished the first sandwich, and she looked at me incredulously before making me a second. “Where are you putting that?” She asked me.

I grimaced, “Probably in my diaper later.”

She laughed at me, sat me down on the ground, and pulled the bib off. Then, as she wiped my face with a wipe, she asked, “Do you need changed?”

I lifted my skirt, felt my diaper, and nodded. “Okay, let’s change the two baby girls and then maybe take a nap?”

“I’m not sleepy,” I told her honestly.

She whispered in my ear, “Maybe a pretend nap for your sister’s sake, and you can get on your phone?”

“Okay,” I said.

Mom grabbed a hand from each of us and led us up the stairs. Lily was changed, given her bottle, and then Mom closed the door. We walked to my room, and I just hoped Caireen had not gotten rid of my cell phone during her act yesterday.

‘I didn’t; I know how you teenagers are addicted to them.’ I could practically hear her shaking her head.

Mom quickly changed my diaper before she found my cell phone and sat me down in my crib. “Can you take my dress off, so I don’t wrinkle it?” I suggested.

‘Don’t worry, it won’t wrinkle,’ I heard.

I shrugged, “Never mind, apparently that won’t happen.”

Mom gave me a look. “At some point, you and I are going to have to have a talk Caireen.”

‘Tell her tonight we’ll talk,’ Caireen told me.

“I think that will happen tonight, Mom.”

“Okay,” she said. “Be quiet, and don’t get out of your crib until I come for you.”

“Okay, I be good girl!” I told her with a smile.

“You want a bottle too?”

I hesitated for a second and nodded. Mom returned a moment later with a bottle filled with milk and then closed the door. I got on my phone and sucked at the bottle for a while and then noticed I was kind of sleepy. So I lay down and wondered why I was tired after sleeping as long as I had!

7 hours ago, littlepinkdargon said:

Sofia is so adorable eeeeee

?

4 hours ago, kerry said:

I'm sensing some changes, but it might be just the fact that my memory absolutely sucks. ? LOVING reading this again. One of my all-time favs.

There are some little changes. I haven't changed the overarching plot in any major way, but I've edited the world to separate it from the original work and fleshed out some spots here and there. 

Thanks for your comments! I'm glad you like it!!! ?

• Like 9
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Chapter 5 (2/6/2023)

I’ll admit to being unfamiliar with the universe on which the original EP story was based, but kind of figured this was about the point where changes would be noticeable. Knowing what’s around the bend in “Ireland” does make it interesting reading this time. I love how you build worlds…so easy to imagine and relate to the settings, characters and emotions.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FloridaKid said:

I’ll admit to being unfamiliar with the universe on which the original EP story was based, but kind of figured this was about the point where changes would be noticeable. Knowing what’s around the bend in “Ireland” does make it interesting reading this time. I love how you build worlds…so easy to imagine and relate to the settings, characters and emotions.

Thank you! I appreciate the comments! ?

Just now, littlepinkdargon said:

I read this chapter with a huge grin on my face. Such a fun story to read. I don't remember the ins and outs of the og but I know I can't wait to reread it all!!!

? Thanks for the comment! Glad to bring a smile to your face! 

Hello there BabySofia, I loved this story so much the first time around and it didn't loose its charm. Has there been concideration of a sequel or even more as her life processed. Regardless I have always loved how you make the characters relatable even in a completely fictional world.

7 hours ago, trans-baby-girl-shea said:

Has there been consideration of a sequel or even more as her life processed. 

It's definitely not totally out of the question. I have a book under another pen name I'm desperately trying to finish before getting to LCW. After that I have another forever project that I may try and get done first, but after that... it's definitely something I'm considering. As I was editing this it definitely seemed like something I could consider working on, it's just a matter of getting the time. It would be at least next year before I could start I think. It may happen though!

Thanks for your kind words, glad you're enjoying it again! ?

• Like 1

Chapter 6: Playing Princess

I WOKE UP and played with Lily for the rest of the afternoon. Mom made my favorite meal of green chile enchiladas that night! I was nearly in tears, though, as I suddenly became much more sensitive to the green chile than before. It tasted really hot! Mom saw my face and brought milk in my sippy cup to help.

‘Why can’t I deal with spice now?’ I asked Caireen.

‘Why on Earth would you want to eat such disgusting things?’ She asked in reply.

‘You can’t ruin chile for me. I’ll never survive!!!!!’ I told her. I was an authentic New Mexican and regularly had the spiciest chile dishes I could get my hands on!

‘Well, then just get used to it again, I guess. Remember, in Ireland, we don’t really do spicy food.’

I made it through dinner with Mom, Dad, and even Lily, all laughing at me. Lily didn’t even have a problem with those mild enchiladas! Dad had looked at me in amazement when he walked in. He, too, was terrified of something happening to my tiara before I explained nothing could happen to it. Clearly, we were all in way over our heads, and I just hoped that nothing bad happened to my family members through all of this.

As soon as Mom let me down from the high chair, I thought about walking to the toilet just to try and see what would happen. I found myself squatting in place just a few steps after I was let down, though. I sniffled, “Mommy, can you change me?”

“Give me just a few minutes, sweetheart; I need to put this food away first.”

I stood still, trying not to move and make it squish and get worse. Suddenly I found myself squatting again, and I guess I wasn’t done… I looked for Lily and saw her in Dad’s arms as he was heading upstairs. “Sofia, do you want your diaper changed too?” He asked.

I nodded and did my best to follow him. I climbed up the giant steps one step at a time and felt the mushy poop roll against my legs several times. I finally climbed the stairs and saw Lily lying on the changing table. I had to keep from crying, so I put my thumb in my mouth. Daddy saved the day soon, though, and he worked to get through my diaper cover, tights, and pushed the skirt of my dress up. After all that movement, my diaper was smeared with the mess, trying to escape it. My climb and his attempts to undress me had just made it worse!

“Icky,” he said to me with a smile. “You stinky!”

I felt more tears going, and he said, “Oh, don’t go crying, Princess, you’re a baby. This is normal.” He tried reassuring me.

Daddy had to use many more wipes than Mom had the night before, partly because he rarely changed Lily’s diapers. Usually, that was Mom or me… ‘Guess he’s having to step in now...’ I sighed.

I felt a mental hug from Caireen, but she didn’t say anything. Daddy eventually had my new diaper on, tights in place, and the diaper cover on and sat me down on the floor. I went up to him and hugged him around his legs. “Thank you, Daddy,” I told him.

He squeezed me back and said, “Any time Princess.”

Lily came up then and pulled me downstairs to the Basement playroom. We played with a playhouse she had down there and pretended to make dinner and feed some baby dolls. I had fun just because I was spending time with my favorite sister. I was a little surprised I was having fun, though, pretending too. Still, I guessed the activity was novel enough that I wasn’t complaining. I had basically been an only child until a couple years ago, so I’d never had a sibling to play with. An hour later, Mom came down and said, “Bath time,” to us.

“Do we have to?” Lily asked.

“Yes, of course we do, Princess Lily; princesses can’t be dirty!” I told her with a smile. “Come on!”

She smiled at me, and I avoided the tantrum she probably would have had otherwise. I had a thought as we went upstairs, “Mommy, before I get undressed, would you please take a picture with my iPhone?”

She looked at me funny but said, “Sure…?” We went down the hallway with Lily in tow. Mom took a picture for me in my room in front of the rocking chair, then with me sitting in the rocking chair, and then at Lily’s insistence with her sitting with me.

Mom then undressed both of us, and we repeated last night’s bath before she let me again stay up for a while. I had picked out a purple nightgown that was in my closet. It looked like a modern-day little girl’s nightgown, complete with an embroidered picture of Merida on the chest. Still, I could tell it was another one of Caireen’s special clothes by the way the material felt on my skin.

I got on my phone and texted Jacob about some school things before sending Hannah the picture of me standing in front of the rocking chair. I’d completely forgotten most of the day that I was wearing my tiara! I giggled a little as I sent it to her with the caption, ‘Princess Sofia.’

‘OMG Adorbs!!!!!!’ she sent me.

‘Thanks,’ I replied.

‘That’s a beautiful dress and tiara,’ she added.

‘I know, they’re kind of special too. I told Jacob you guys could come over Tuesday after I get the testing done Monday...’

‘You haven’t told him yet?’

‘He seems to be guessing something like this… well, not like this.’

‘Giggle, no one could,’ she responded.

I eventually finished talking with her and went over to the child-sized desk that my computer now sat on. Mom had sat my tiara there, and I wanted to look at it. ‘What is this made of?’ I asked Caireen.

‘Mithril.’

‘Like from Lord of the Rings?’ I asked.

‘Tolkien had an encounter with some of the Faeries at some point. That’s where he got a lot of his ideas from. It’s an uncommon substance that’s very special. This tiara was gifted to me from Queen Nicneven herself back before the fall of the Faeries.’

‘Who was she?’

‘Later,’ she promised me, ‘we have a very long time to answer the billion questions you have, my dear.’

I went to my Snapchat account and decided it would be wise to delete it now. I backed it up last night just in case I wanted to do this. I then deleted all of my other social media accounts while I was at it. ‘The only social media I’ll probably be on for a while will be my mom’s ‘OMG my baby girl is pretty’ posts.’ So far, of course, she hadn’t done any of those!

I was just getting ready to do some more research into Mergents when my mom came in. “Sofia, it’s bedtime.” I looked, and it was ten. When I turned around, I saw that she held a bottle and another of Lily’s bedtime books in her hands.

I smiled at that, “Story time again?”

“Yep!” She smiled, “Do you need a change first?”

I had to nod, “I wish I knew when I was going. I just eventually notice that everything is squishy.”

Mom picked me up and changed me quickly before carrying me to the rocking chair. She sat me like she had last night, and I began nursing the warm milk while she told me a story of Merida this time. I felt a warm feeling coming from Caileen, and I had a feeling she liked this story too. I lasted a little longer into the story, but I still didn’t remember Mom putting me down in my crib.

I WOKE UP in another crib, this time at Caireen’s castle.

I saw her standing there looking at me. “Come here,” she told me, picked me up, and cuddled me for a moment. She changed my diaper and put me into a new dress that was once again mainly green. My tiara was added, and I asked, “So does this castle have a name?”

“Emerald Castle,” she said with a smile.

“I take it you like green?” I asked with a smile.

“It’s my favorite color,” she said. “Although I won’t hold your favorite color being purple against you!”

She sat down on the floor with me, and we talked for a little while before trumpets blared a fanfare. “That will be your parents,” she said with a smile.

“Huh?”

“Your mom wanted to talk, remember?” She said, “It’s easier to pull them into here and talk than to leave one of us out when I use you to talk.”

“Oh.”

We waited a few minutes when I was surprised to see a well-dressed page come in. “The Duke and Duchess Hammerstein to see you, Your Majesty.”

“Thank you, James,” she dismissed him.

I saw both of them looking around at my nursery with open mouths. “I do apologize for being so forward, but with Princess Sofia coming here each night, I thought it would be wise to get the nursery back in use.” She said, “I am Caireen,” she said with a smile.

“Why did he introduce us with titles?”

“Well, on your side of the family, Rachel, may I call you that?” She paused for Mom’s nod, “Your family is the descendent of one of the last rightful Irish Kings in the 1700s. On Levi’s side, you are actually also descendants of a bloodline in Germany.”

“Oh,” Mom said. “So... that’s too long ago, though… why?”

Caireen sighed, picked me up, and said, “Let’s go somewhere more comfortable for sitting?”

They nodded and followed her to another door that opened into a beautiful sitting room that would fit right in a Louis XIV chateau. She pointed to a sofa and took her spot in a sitting chair beside it. Caireen looked at me, and I stayed contentedly in her arms.

“Okay, you’ve been very patient, and I appreciate it.” She told my parents with a smile. Sitting on her left knee, I could easily see her and my parents by swiveling my head a little. “First, please don’t be frightened, but I am not a mortal or a simple spirit. I am, in fact, what you would call a goddess.”

Mom spoke up, “I wondered. I searched your name after I learned it last night.”

“I know,” she said with a smile.

“Of what?” Dad asked.

“Generally, of children.”

“Is that why Nicholas became a baby?” He asked.

She shook her head, “I told Sofia about this last night, but here goes. She had already had her EFP set when she began changing. I was drawn to her because of her gentle and loving nature. I was impressed by how she had always cared for her baby sister. I’ve never seen a young man be more nurturing and caring with a baby! When I saw that he was changing so severely, I knew he was in danger of dying due to a severe case of what your people call ‘burnout.’ It was much too severe of a change, happening too quickly for him to survive. I knew she was becoming a toddler all over again and decided that I could help her and she would be able to help others in the future. The avatar talent that she has bound me to her, though… I wasn’t expecting that! She’s exceptionally powerful there!”

Mom and Dad just politely looked on at her to go on. “Anyway, the two of us will be bound together until Sofia passes from this Earth. A time which I believe will probably be a very long way down the road.”

“So how does this turn her fully into a princess?” Mom asked.

“Well, essentially, she’s become my daughter now too.” She noticed Mom and Dad looking nervously at her, “Don’t worry, I will never ever take her from you.”

“What do you intend to do with her?” Dad asked.

“I’m going to help her become an amazing girl with a magical talent few will be able to match. I’ll be with her to help her when she’s hurt, help her fight the battles ahead, and generally be her mentor. Unfortunately, I may occasionally be unable to help myself and have to throw in real-world gifts here and there… Sorry I couldn’t help myself last night and today.”

“We appreciate the gifts,” Mom said, “I didn’t really want to travel into the city until we get her tested.”

“A wise idea, I believe. Having a quiet weekend with your two daughters at home playing would be the best plan you could have.”

“What should we do after that?” Dad asked.

“Honestly?” Caireen responded, “I think Sofia would best be served by going to that Bechtel school for her education. I’m hopeful they’ll accept her when they see her testing.”

“What about her age? Will she ever grow up?” Mom asked.

Caireen shrugged, “Like I said, her EFP was set before I even got involved. I’m guessing she’ll be this size and have the same needs for the rest of her life. She’s powerful enough she should be able to do some spells to make her life a little bit easier down the road. Glamour spells to make her seem like she’s a teenager, some others to mask the odor of a poopy diaper, and down the road, probably one to change her diaper too…?”

“The pacifier addiction?” Mom asked.

Caireen laughed, “I have no clue how we’re going to break her of that. She managed a couple hours today while she was playing with Lily. It’s possible that if she’s distracted enough, she can do without. Any time she gets nervous or frustrated, she needs it like a smoker needs a cigarette!”

By this time, I started to feel my eyes drooping. My parents and Caireen must have continued talking through the night, but the next day I couldn’t remember anything after that.

Thank you for reading! Please press the ‘Like’ Button if you’ve enjoyed it! I love seeing comments from people, so please keep those coming! 

Thanks to those who have already purchased it! Please consider pressing the 5 Star Review on Amazon. (You don't have to leave a public comment, and it helps me show up in search results)

• Like 8
  • BabySofia changed the title to Emerald Princess - Revised Edition - Epilogue (5/18/2023)