LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27

22 minutes ago, Alutheria said:

Absolutely fantastic chapter. I'm loving the relationship that's developing between Zach and Elaine. Its very cute. And poor, poor Zach. Kid seriously needs a hug.

Yes Elaine is cool and there relationship 

• Like 1

Thank goodness for Elaine (small typo at end i think with Elaine popping the paci back in his mouth). At least the other younger girls are in nappies and Zack can hide most of the plastic pants under his suit, though as he didn't protest them, Kelly might say, well, seems you don't mind them for next time. (And if he had have protested them, no doubt there'd've been another punitive action).

If anything the bottle and burger feeding with help from the younger girls may have been more mortifying for him (lucky thr change is still private). I sense Zack though will be most embarrassed by Elaine babying him if he's starting to get an innocent crush on her.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, D503 said:

Thank goodness for Elaine (small typo at end i think with Elaine popping the paci back in his mouth). At least the other younger girls are in nappies and Zack can hide most of the plastic pants under his suit, though as he didn't protest them, Kelly might say, well, seems you don't mind them for next time. (And if he had have protested them, no doubt there'd've been another punitive action).

If anything the bottle and burger feeding with help from the younger girls may have been more mortifying for him (lucky thr change is still private). I sense Zack though will be most embarrassed by Elaine babying him if he's starting to get an innocent crush on her.

Yes the snap suit is funky and used for locking him in the diapers but they hide the diapers. Maybe the girls changing him is good, gives him a break from Kelly. Zach thanks to Elaine has finally thought over things. 

• Like 2
On 6/30/2023 at 9:44 AM, Andyman3 said:

Well it's wonderfully written but it seems like the idea is Zack falling to diapers. Seems the main characters are now the girls, Elaine is cool. Cool story but if something doesn't happen then we know the ending. His stepmother wins. 

Yes and no, Kelly has a much better prize waiting for her with little Maddie, she has already had the petite girl riding in a stroller and using a paci like a toddler so its a small step from there to full-time diapers and back to babyhood for the summer. That would see Zach promoted to big brother and at this point he would do anything to keep on the right side of Stepmom Kelly if it meant he was back to big boy pants and able to spend time with Elaine.

• Like 1

Chapter 39 – Forced Perspective

Zack woke up to the sound of birds chirping through an open window. Then, another sound caught his ear; Kelly’s car started. He recognized the sewing machine sound of the small engine. Soon, it was receding up the driveway. Zack sat up and looked around; it must have been early in the morning. Maddy and Samantha were still sleeping on the bunk beds, and Elaine was splayed out on hers, having kicked the covers off. Zack could already feel that the temperature was rising outside. Cicadas were buzzing, and the air was still.

He sat on the edge of the bed and tried to evaluate the condition of his diaper. It was definitely a bit puffy up front, but the back felt dry. Not that it mattered, in any case, because he was locked in his diaper shirt, and Kelly had left for the day with her keys. Zack got up and went downstairs to the washroom to wash his face. When he came emerged, he ran into Kim, who was heading over to the kitchen, and he quickly jammed his pacifier back into his mouth, but Kim smiled.

“I don’t care about that thing,” she said. “As long as you’re behaving, you can leave it out. Kelly left a bottle of baby formula for you in the fridge, but, I think you look more like a waffle person. Maybe have the formula later….?”

Zack nodded and went over to sit down in the kitchen. Kim brought him over an actual glass of apple juice.

“Now don’t go spilling that down yourself and making me look like an idiot. Kelly didn’t leave me the keys to your knickers, and you’re too big to put in the dryer.”

Maddy and Samantha came walking down the stairs in their t-shirts and plastic panties from the night before. Maddy had a pacifier in her mouth, but when she saw Zack’s hanging limply from his collar, she shot Sam a questioning glance, then took hers out as well.

“Why don’t you girls go down to the lake and give those baby diapers a rinse for a few minutes while I make breakfast? It’s going to be a hot one today, we should lay them out to dry in case it storms later. Zack, go keep an eye on them. Leave the dummies up here so they don’t get lost.”

Maddy and Samantha turned and jogged back up the bedroom, returning in moments with bathing suit tops in place of their T-shirts. Zack wished that he had the option for a refreshing dip in the lake, but to do that, he’d have to employ scissors. He unclipped his pacifier and put it on the table, got up and followed the girls down to the dock.

The lake was still and sparkling as Maddy and Samantha removed their plastic panties and rinsed them by hand in the lake before laying them out on the boat to heat up in the rising sun. They ran and jumped off the dock with a splash, swimming in circles for a few minutes before climbing out and jumping in again. Finally, they emerged, cloth diapers streaming.

“Zack, could you go up to the house and get the bottoms of our bathing suits? They’re in our bedroom, on top of the dresser.” Samantha asked.

Zack looked at their bathing suit tops – pink and purple – and then nodded and started walking back towards the house. He could already feel his plastic pants heating up as the humidity rose. When he crossed the deck and entered the house, Kim was still in the kitchen, so he walked up the stairs to the bedroom, being careful not to wake Elaine. He used light from his phone to find the bathing suit bottoms, and turned to leave, when Elaine sat up.

“Stealing panties again?”

Zack froze in his steps and his cheeks caught fire. “NO…. uh…. The girls…. Ask them… they wanted to change, they asked for their suits….”

“KIDDING Zack.” Elaine tilted her head and smiled.

“Nice one. Don’t do that to me – I nearly had a heart attack.”

“I’ll come down to the dock and swim with you guys, give me a second.”

Zack walked down the stairs, and deliberately went through the dining room on his way back outside, so as not to walk past Kim while carrying two pairs of girls’ swimsuit bottoms. He’d had enough of that brand of conversation.

When he got back down to the dock, the two girls were sunning themselves. Zack handed them the bathing suits, and they clambered into the boat to help each other unpin their cloth diapers, and then they got changed. They exited a few minutes later and spread the squares of white cotton out on the bow of the boat in the sun. They left their pins in a cupholder in the dash.

Elaine came up the ramp to the dock in a dark blue two-piece bathing suit and announced that breakfast would be served on the deck shortly. They all made their way up, arriving just as Kelly carried a tray of pancakes out.

“Is there anything we can help with?” Zack asked as they crossed the deck.

“Sure, Zack. Run in and grab the maple syrup off the counter, and your apple juice is still on the table. Maybe bring the juice bottle out, and glasses for everyone else. Can you manage all of that?”

Elaine spoke up. “I’ll go in with him.”

Zack and Elaine gathered up the items Kim had listed and then made their way out to the table on the deck. Kim looked over as they carefully made their way through the garden door. “You’re a lot more useful when you have hands, Zack. Thanks for your help.”

The kids started polishing off the pancakes, and in a short time, all that were left were empty plates. Maddy and Samantha gathered them and carried them back into the house for loading into the dishwasher, and then came back out and sat down.

“Mom, what are we going to do today?” Samantha asked.

“Hmmm. I don’t know.” Kim responded. “It’s supposed to be a hot one, and we have an invitation to go swim off the Nicholson boy’s dock, but I don’t know what to do with soggy britches here.” She pointed to Zack with her eyes. “He can’t swim in that baby nappy, and I can’t take him out of it.”

“Unnngh,” Samantha wined. “I want to go. Can’t he just jump in like that? His nappy’s gonna be wet by the end of the day anyway.”

“Nope, ‘fraid not. Baby nappies like his will explode if they get too wet.”

Maddy and Samantha made eye contact, suggesting that perhaps that was something they’d like to see.

“Actually explode?” Maddy asked.

“Well, not with a fireball like in a movie. But all the stuffing will swell up and eventually it will start floating out,” Kim summarized.

“I’ve got a suggestion,” Elaine said with a conspiratorial note in her voice. “Mommy, you can’t possibly tell me that when you were growing up, you did EVERYTHING that Kelly told you to, can you? Samantha definitely doesn’t do everything that I want her to. So what about if we maybe broke a couple of Aunt Kelly’s rules, just for a little while?”

Kim laughed. “Ha, yeah, I didn’t exactly obey here every word, then or now. I’m the BIG sister, remember? That’s why Zack didn’t drink his breakfast from a baby bottle. But I don’t see how we’d get him out of that outfit without damaging it, and that’s not something I’m willing to do for the sake of an afternoon in the lake.”

“Well, hear me out.” Elain asked. “Zack, didn’t you say that those latches on your baby stuff were ‘magnet locks’, something like that?”

Zack nodded.

“Samantha, did you bring your magnetic sphere toy?”

Sam nodded. She’d only received it a few weeks previously, and the metallic spheres, which were highly attracted to one another, was one of her favourite fidget toys when she wasn’t looking at her phone.

“Go get them.”

Sam got up and ran into the house, returning a few minutes later with a black felt bag about the size of her fist. She put it down on the table, and then extracted a cluster of shiny, smoke-coloured spheres that were jumbled together as though they’d been melted into one clump. With effort, she broke one off, then she put it down on the table, and moved the cluster back towards it. It leapt up and rejoined the group. She pulled another one off, and rolled it toward Elaine across the glass tabletop. Elaine picked it up, and walked around behind Zack. She looked at her mom.

“May I…?”

Kim shrugged. “I’m curious as to if it will even work.”

Elaine pressed the sphere against the plastic disk at the back of Zack’s neck. She raised and lowered it, but it didn’t seem to do anything. Then, she rolled it over, and suddenly, there was an audible click. Pressing down against the lower flap, she pulled the upper flap away.

“It worked!”

Zack reached around and pulled the collar’s ends away from each other, and the zipper trundled smoothly partway down his back. Elaine zipped it the rest of the way down, and then Zack stood up and wrestled with the snap-suit for a moment, looking like a surfer trying to take a wetsuit off. Then, it was in a heap on the floor, and he was standing there in translucent pink plastic pants, a large smile on his face. He whipped the plastic panties down, stepped out of them, and kicked the infantile apparel away from the table. He ran his hand over the back of his diaper, then went back to his chair and sat down.

Zack sat and marveled at how good it now felt to be wearing only a big stupid toddler diaper, a situation that had earlier had him nearly paralyzed with anxiety. He could feel the warm breeze coming off the lake on his back.

Perspective is everything.

Kim got up out of her chair and walked over to the discarded items, folding the plastic panties and the snap-suit, and laying them on a side table.

“Elaine, make sure that magnet ball stays somewhere I can find it. At some point, Zack will have to put this getup back on. And, that baby nappy he’s wearing – we need to make sure that it’s not damaged. I think he should stay in it until we get there – it’s about a fifteen-minute drive. You’re not going to give me any trouble with that, are you, Mr. Zack?”

Zack shook his head.

“Nor about wearing your swim nappies?”

Zack shook his head again.

“Because it’s that, or you’re back in these plastic panties. God, though, I have no idea why she bought pink ones.”

Maddy spoke up. “It’s our fault. She also bought them in blue and clear, but we brought the wrong ones down for him.”

“Well, enjoy your freedom while you have it. Go play on the lawn or sit on the dock. Don’t get covered in sand because we’re going in the car. And Zack, DON’T damage that baby nappy, or we’ll both have hell to pay. Kelly took most of your stuff with her when she left.”

Zack and the girls got up and trotted down the staircase to the lawn. Samantha ran under the deck and returned with badminton rackets, and the four of them tried somewhat successfully to keep the birdie in the air for a few hits. The morning air was heating up, and in a short while, all of them were ready for a swim.

Kim came walking down the stairs carrying Zack’s diaper bag.

“Kelly seems to have left with your bags, so we don’t have much in the way of outfit options for you, I’m afraid. I left your swimming nappy from the other day in the garage, so we can use that, and Kelly will never be the wiser. Just remember, we need to be home and have you back in your nappy and panty set before Kelly gets here, and you still have some formula to drink. I fed Roofus, so he should be okay for a few hours. Let’s head to the car and get going.”

Samantha collected the badminton rackets and put them back under the deck, and then they all followed Kim up to her car and got inside. The air conditioning was cool on their skin, a reminder of how humid it had gotten outside.

While Kim drove, she filled Zack in on where they were going.

“The Nicholson boys have been on this lake for about as long as Sam & Maddy have been alive. We first met them in town at the ice cream shop when all the kids were toddlers or younger. The older one is named Colton – he’s thirteen. The younger boy is Hunter – he’s ten. They have a little sister who’s five. They’re nice boys and they’ve seen Elaine and Sam in baby nappies plenty of times, so don’t go into catatonic shock when we get there, Zack. They might have a couple of questions for you, but they’re good kids, so just talk to them honestly. I’ll break the ice for you when we get there.”

Zack sat back in the seat and quietly thought about how he was going to handle himself. Things could be a lot worse, he figured. Was it ideal to meet strangers for the first time clad in just a diaper? No. But locked into a diaper shirt with your sister’s plastic panties on was worse. Particularly on a hot day.

Zack shook his head.

A week ago, I only wore pull-ups, and only to bed. Now, I’m touring the countryside, dressed as a toddler.

He swore to register a detailed complaint with his dad, and also with Dr. Amanda, when he had the chance. Kelly has to be misinterpreting this program. There’s no way it’s supposed to work like this.

The truck followed curving gravel roads in a half-circle around the lake, then steered into a driveway and rolled to a stop in front of a very large wood building, with a separate three-car garage that had signs on it from an old gas station. Two golden retrievers came running around from somewhere, and started barking at the truck as Kelly parked in front of the main entrance. Two boys, a man and a woman, came walking around a wrap-around porch from what Zack figured was the lake side of the building. The boys were wearing knee-length shorts. The lady was wearing a flowing knee-length dress in a light material, and the man wore walking shorts and a t-shirt. A little girl came running after them, in a yellow jumper.

Kelly hit the unlock button on the doors. Zack took a deep breath as the others left the SUV, and then he stepped out quickly, so as not to be notably behind the others. They congregated on the passenger side of the vehicle, so Zack had to make his way around the back to join them.

Samantha introduced Maddy to the two boys, and Elaine was bent over looking at a flower the younger girl had brought with her. Kim gave a hug to the lady, and the man was chatting with the girls. Zack walked up beside Elaine and stood, hands at his sides, saying nothing.

The little girl noticed him first. “Whoaaaaa…. You wear diapers?”

Zack’s cheeks reddened, and he looked at the ground.

The lady spoke up quickly. “Cassie, that’s not how you say hello to someone. Hello there, Zack. Kim told me you’d be joining us today. It’s very nice to meet you. I’m Linda.”

Linda walked over and extended a hand, which Zack shook.

“This is Colton and this is Hunter, and my husband’s name is Kevin. You’ve already met Cassie.”

Colton and Hunter stepped toward Zack in unison, and Colton said, “Hiya.”

Kevin waived an arm over his shoulder and said “Come on, folks, let’s go sit in the shade.” He walked around the side of the building towards the lake. When they got around to the other side of the building, Zack saw that the wrap-around porch extended into a large deck that was, at the far end, quite elevated above the hill below it, with a commanding view of the lake.

As people were sitting down, Kim remained standing for a moment, and then she started speaking.

“I just wanted to address the elephant in the room before we get on with the afternoon. First of all, thank you very much for having us, Linda and Kevin. Now, I know you’ve already noticed that my nephew Zack is wearing a baby diaper. I just wanted to put that out in the open so that he can relax and get comfortable and not feel like anyone is whispering anything about him. It’s not anything that he can control right now. His doctor has prescribed baby diapers for him, and that’s why he's wearing them. It’s just temporary, so I’d like you all to please make him feel welcome and not too self-conscious. I already told him that you’ve seen my girls in baby diapers many times before, and Sam and Maddy will be putting one on tonight before we leave.”

Maddy and Samantha both gave simultaneous gasps.

“That’s right, girls, I brought them with us, so we can stay as late as they’ll have us. I also brought your, uh, bedtime outfit, Zack.”

Samantha threw a sharp look at Elaine. “NO fair!” she protested.

“Fair is fair.” Kim said evenly. “It wouldn’t be fair to leave Zack as the only one here wearing baby diapers. Now, everyone is on an even playing field, and I expect everyone to be respectful.”

Zacks hands fell into his lap and made nervous rolls as they rested on his diaper.

I hope they don’t blame me for this…

Elaine raised her hand. “I’ll, uh, wear a nappy too, if it helps?”

Kim smiled. “That’s very sweet of you dear, but I didn’t bring yours. They’re already packed up for Grandma’s.”

Zack looked over at Elaine and mouthed “Thank you”. Elaine nodded.

Kevin stood up. “Okay, adults, who wants wine, who wants beer? Kids – hit the lake!”

The kids jumped up and dashed off for the water, except for Zack and Cassie. Kelly picked up the diaper bag she’d put down beside her chair, and pulled out his swim diaper.

“Zack, come get your swim nappy. Linda, is there somewhere that he can change himself?”

“Sure, sure – Zack, just inside the main door, there’s a washroom you can use. I’ll show you when I take Cassie in to get changed.”

Kim motioned for Zack to come over. “Come here Zack.”

Zack walked over and stood in front of Kim. She palpitated the top of the front of his diaper with a finger than ran a hand across the back of it lightly. In two quick motions, she tore open the two lefthand tabs and folded them back so that they wouldn’t get stuck on anything more permanent than their shiny non-stick starting points. Zack awkwardly pinched the sides of his diaper together with one hand, and picked up his swim diaper with the other. Linda got up and took Cassie into the house by the hand, holding the door open for Zack.

Inside, the cottage was palatial. It had a layout similar to that of Kim’s cottage, however everything was rendered on a grander scale. The ceilings in the main area were perhaps thirty feet high at the center, and the fireplace was stone and climbed the back wall to the top. Linda pointed Zack to a door that was around the corner from the back entrance.

“That’s the washroom there, love. See you outside.”

Zack walked across large slate tiles that were three feet by three feet each, and entered the bathroom through a door that looked ten feet high. Inside was a twinkling chandelier and a sink that mimicked a waterfall. The toilet looked low and sleek and European. Zack decided to make use of it, while he had the freedom to do so.

He dropped his overnight diaper to the floor and sat on the toilet briefly. The diaper itself was wet, but not overly so. Putting it back on later would be far from the worst indignity he’d suffered on this trip. Zack bundled it up and put it on the counter, washed his hands, and then pulled on the swim diaper. Orange cartoon goldfish greeted him from the mirror when he looked at himself. He picked up the other diaper and headed out the door, just in time to run into Linda and Cassie, who were returning from some back area where, Zack assumed, they had giant bedrooms, possibly with stone ceilings. Cassie was wearing a bathing suit top and a swim diaper. She stopped in her tracks when she saw Zack, then jumped up and down.

“Mommy, he’s got one too!” She gasped.

Zack smiled a shy smile.

Linda beamed at him. “You look adorable! I meant to tell you this out there, but I didn’t want to draw out the moment… This is why she got so excited when she saw what you were wearing. Cassie is taking a break from potty training for the summer; she had quite a few accidents this past spring while at school, and I spoke to your aunt about it, and this is what she suggested we try. We’re trying to take some of the stress off of her. I take it you were in a similar situation – having accidents? Or was it more behavioural?”

Zack dropped his eyes. Considering he was standing in her grand hallway, wearing a swimming diaper, he didn’t feel he was in much of a position to protest.

“Accidents,” he whispered.

“That’s a good boy, then, doing as you’re told. I’m sure it isn’t easy, being put back in baby diapers, but hopefully by September, you’ll be on track, just like Cassie…. WILL… be!” Linda held up a hand with crossed fingers.

“Oh I will, Mommy. I don’t want to wear diapers to school.” Cassie nodded solemnly. She held a hand out to Zack. “High five!”

Zack tucked his rolled-up diaper under his arm and gave her a high-five.

“Can I hold Zack’s hand?” Cassie asked.

Linda looked at Zack. “Do you want me to throw out your diaper, and you can take Cassie down to the water?”

“Uh, no. I mean, yes, I’ll take her down with me, but, uh, we can’t throw this out. I don’t have another one with me.” A pink tinge rose in Zack’s cheeks.

“Well, do you want a bag for it, then?” Zack nodded and with some reluctance, handed Linda his diaper.

Cassie grabbed his hand and jumped up and down, then began towing Zack towards the door that opened onto the deck. They walked through the door and down a staircase, then along a wooden pathway over a sand beach, and up an aluminum bridge to the dock. A pontoon boat and a low, sleek fishing boat bobbed on cleats on either side of the long structure. At the end of it was another, shorter bridge to a swim platform.

Kim was sitting on a folding chair at the end of the dock overlooking the platform. Maddy, Samantha, Elaine, and the Nicholson boys were sitting on the edge of the swim platform with their legs in the water up to their knees. They looked up to the sight of Zack being led by Cassie down the gangplank, both in swim diapers.

“I see you made a friend!” Elaine shouted.

Zack nodded.

Linda came walking up the dock a few minutes later, carrying a shopping bag and another folding chair.

“Here’s Zack’s diaper, Kim. Are you sure you don’t want me to dig up one of the boys’ pull-ups for the ride back? This one’s been in service for a while.”

“I should have brought him another one, but, no, Linda, thank you, pull-ups won’t work. Kelly is really trying to avoid transitioning him back and forth as much as possible. He’s getting used to being in baby diapers now, and I don’t want to interfere with that. He’ll be fine in this until we get him home. It’s only a short ride.”

“I hear you on transitioning back and forth. Cassie just started back in diapers last week, and the first few days were tough, she was holding it as much as she could, then flooding her pants. Thankfully, once we got up here, I could just let her run around in a diaper. This morning was the first time I’ve had her in an outfit, and only because you folks were coming up.”

“What diapers have you been using? The ones Kelly has Zack in seem to do a pretty good job. Zack’s a lot bigger than Cassie, needless to say.”

“Maybe ask her to send me the link. I’ve been burning through some size six diapers that we used to put her in for bed, but they’re a bit small on her now. I was going to try some size sevens, but they’re harder to find up here, so I have to wait until we go into the city.”

Kim and Linda chatted, and a while later, Kevin came down to the dock with a couple of coolers and a beer, and set up his own chair. The kids jumped in and out of the water and played Marco Polo, a game that became difficult when there were very few boundaries. Linda pulled a lifejacket out of one of the boats and tossed it to Zack to put on Cassie, so that she could swim away from the platform.

“He’s being really good with her.” Linda remarked, watching Zack put the jacket on Cassie.

“Like two peas in a pod.” Kevin remarked. “Get it… PEEs?”

Linda rolled her eyes. “That’s a dad joke. Ha ha.”

Kim looked over at Zack. “Kelly said that since he’s been in diapers, Zack is concentrating better and has been less oppositional. I haven’t really spent much time with him before his week, so I can’t comment, except to say that for the most part, he’s been pretty good. He had a couple of meltdowns over wearing diapers in certain situations, but I think he’s settling in. Kelly is a bit stricter with him than I am. We’ll see if I get rewarded or punished for that. He’s been great so far today, showing up here in a diaper, meeting a bunch of new people.”

“Yeah, I don’t think I could do what he’s doing. I probably wouldn’t have gotten out of the car. It’s a bit difference with Cass – she’s five. But he’s, what, eleven? So, good for him.” Kevin raised his beer bottle in a symbolic toast.

Zack swam between the dock and the swim platform with the rest of the kids. While he was in the water, he felt like he was just another participant in the games, but once the other kids started tiring of treading water, and climbed out onto the platform, he found himself alone in the water. Sighing, he pulled himself up onto it, and sat on the edge to let his swim diaper drain for a minute. He noted that the elastics in it seemed to be losing their stretch. Whenever he pulled himself up onto the platform, he had to pull the diaper up on himself.

The adults sat and chatted for a while, and then Kevin headed up to house to put some food on. Linda and Kim noted that the sky was darkening across the lake, so a while later, they suggested to the kids that it was time to head up to the house for some indoor entertainment, while the storm blew over. Linda suggested that the girls could use the mudroom to get out of their wet bathing suits, and Zack could get changed in the powder bathroom he’d used before.

Kim stood up and walked over to the edge of the dock, addressing Elaine. “Will you be able to pin these two in their baby nappies? Or do you need help?”

Elaine gave Kim the thumbs up gesture. Maddy and Samantha both looked over at her and frowned.

“Alright, kids – it’s going to start raining shortly. Let’s head up to the cottage to get changed.” Linda said loudly. The kids started filing up from the dock, Cassie again holding Zack’s hand. Linda and Kim followed. When they reached the deck, Kim picked up the diaper bag, and handed it to Elaine.

“Towels, nappies, pins and plastic panties are inside, but I didn’t think to bring dry shirts for you two. Would you be okay in your swimsuit tops if they’re a little damp? And Elaine, I guess you’ll have to stay in yours as well.”

The two girls shrugged. Elaine rolled her eyes.

“Throw them in the dryer on the quick setting for a few minutes!” Linda suggested, and then the girls moved into the house. Kim handed Zack his Little Lambs in a plastic bag, and a towel she’d pulled from the diaper bag.

“I’m going to guess that you don’t want that whole getup on right now, do you, Zack?”

Zack shook his head.

“Okay, then just put your nappy on for now. You can throw your swim nappy in the garbage, I think it’s seen better days.” Kim pronounced.

Zack went into the washroom and took the swim diaper off, toweled himself dry, and stepped through the closed side of his diaper, before taping the other side closed.

All things that Kelly probably wouldn’t let me do.

He opened the bathroom and then headed back out onto a covered area of the deck where Kim was seated. Kevin was tending to the barbecue. The girls came out about ten minutes later, Elaine in her bathing suit, which she’d dried to the best of her ability with a towel, the two younger girls in their swimsuit tops over plastic panties and cloth diapers. Linda came out carrying Cassie, wearing a t-shirt and a toddler disposable.

Kevin looked back from the barbecue, surveying the scene. “It looks like we’re running a daycare!” He said to nobody in particular.

Colton and Hunter came out of the building wearing shorts and t-shirts, phones in hand, and stared playing around with Snapchat filters, taking pictures of themselves and showing them to each other and to the girls. Zack wanted to participate as well, but was deeply warry of letting anyone take a picture of him in his current state of dress. Linda read his posture, and said, “Listen, boys, no photos of anything but faces, hear me? Or the phones go bye-bye.”

The boys both nodded emphatically, and Zack allowed himself to drift in closer to the group. Gradually, his diaper receded from the forefront of his mind and his self-consciousness abated, as the kids talked back and forth, and established a group dynamic. The girls seemed to forget their outfits as well. Laughter and gentle ribbing were exchanged.

Kevin carried a plate of barbecued chicken legs and pork chops to the table, and people settled down to eat. Hunter, talking through a mouth smeared with barbecue sauce, addressed his dad. “Can we show Zack the remote controlled speedboat if it stops raining after dinner?”

Kevin looked over at the horizon. “Yup, it looks like the storm is dying down. We can take the boat down and launch it off the dock after dinner.”

When the food had been consumed and the paper plates stuffed into a garbage bag, the girls seated themselves around Linda and Cassie, who had pulled out a game involving stacking blocks. Hunter and Colton cunningly avoided getting pulled into it, instead slipping around the side of the building, to emerge moments later with a plastic speedboat almost the length and weight of one of their arms. They motioned for Zack to follow and headed down to the dock. Kevin trailed behind them, walking while putting a battery pack into a remote. 

Kevin walked down to the swim platform while the boys stood on the dock looking on, and carefully lowered the red and silver dart into the grey waters of the lake. It rocked back and forth with exaggerated motions, due to the chop that the storm had stirred up. The boat started drifting away as soon as it was placed in the water, and Zack had a moment of concern as to if it would be okay. However, once Kevin was back up on the dock, he flipped a switch on the remote, and pulled a trigger, and the boat let out a scream and spit a tail of water as it rocketed away at what looked to Zack like an incredible speed for a toy.

After he’d maneuvered it a distance away from solid objects, Kevin invited Zack to take the remote. He showed Zack how the steering knob and the throttle trigger worked.

“Give it power slowly, and only make small steering corrections. It will change directions on a dime, and it can be easy to flip over when it’s going fast. It will self-right if it does, but sometimes it takes a minute.”

Zack slowly opened the throttle, but even a small squeeze caused the boat to leap in the water. He realized that there was no ‘dead slow’ setting and started driving it as best he could at semi-frantic speeds for a few minutes, before handing it over to Hunter and Colton. The Nicholson boys were smoother with it, betraying the experience that they had.

Kim stood and leaned on the railing of the expansive deck, drinking a cup of tea and watching the sun lower itself from a different side of the lake. Zack, Kevin, Hunter and Colton all looked like kids playing with a toy in the fading light, happy and occupied. She wished that she could have shot a video of the scene for Kelly; in her mind, Zack didn’t need to be miserable in order to benefit from being diapered. But for Kelly, their shared childhood experiences loomed larger in her psyche, apparently.

Perhaps for Kelly, the scars run deeper.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 39

I am enjoying this story very much. One question, though: why the persistent use of the phrase "baby diaper"? I mean I could almost understand it with Kelly, but why would Kim use a term that is so belittling?

• Like 2

i like kim, she's a more sympathetic character and seems to have Zack's better interest in mind. One thing, several times, it said Kelly where it should say Kim and should it be waffles or pancakes? Being an English major, I just notice things like that and my reasoning for bringing it up is to just make things consistent, not to nit pick or anything like that.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sklawlor said:

One thing, several times, it said Kelly where it should say Kim and should it be waffles or pancakes? Being an English major, I just notice things like that and my reasoning for bringing it up is to just make things consistent, not to nit pick or anything like that.

Good catch. I think I corrected it. After you've read and reread a chapter a dozen times, sometimes it all starts to swim together in front of your eyes. 

Great chapter and so glad Zach not feeling like an outsider. He was having fun and nobody is making him feel less then.

They are all kind to him  really  didn't except that from Kim. Based on her conversation  with her sister in the past.

I wonder what gifts Kelly got instore for Zach upon her return... A stroller a crib or baby clothes. I know something is going to happen Kelly leaves suddenly after Zach meltdown... Thanks again for the wonderful chapter!  

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, 007specialk said:

I wonder what gifts Kelly got instore for Zach upon her return... A stroller a crib or baby clothes. I know something is going to happen Kelly leaves suddenly after Zach meltdown... Thanks again for the wonderful chapter!  

Perhaps something related to the good doctor's program? Kelly does have previous for that. She went and got the tamper mitts (after previously dismissing them) when Zach snuck out to the cinema without his diaper on. 

------

Definitely an interesting development with Kim. I was expecting her to be much more in lock step with her sister over Zacks' treatment. But its definitely good to see him getting a break and making some new friends. Though I can't help but think its' not going to last long.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Tracey said:

Yes and no, Kelly has a much better prize waiting for her with little Maddie, she has already had the petite girl riding in a stroller and using a paci like a toddler so its a small step from there to full-time diapers and back to babyhood for the summer. That would see Zach promoted to big brother and at this point he would do anything to keep on the right side of Stepmom Kelly if it meant he was back to big boy pants and able to spend time with Elaine.

Yes totally. That would totally work and she wants to baby you got one right there, what like babying sons more then daughters, creepy. 

This new chapters was amazing. It's amazing how good things are without Kelly, everyone else is so reasonable. He was happy free from her controlling rules and now some friends as in boys close to his age. This story is amazing just Kelly is terrifying. 

• Like 2

Good updates, and we've got to know more of Kelly's background and some motivation for why she is the way she is. One thing that still sticks out to me, especially with what we've now learned about her.  This chapter, Kim said Kelly doesn't want him going back and forth from pullups to diapers. Yet, several chapters ago when we first me Kim and the girls, Kelly said she sometimes lets Zack use the potty for #2 to make her life easier. (bolded for emphasis). For me, that was a HUGE tell about Kelly's inner workings, thoughts, and motivations. At the core of things, it's all about Kelly. She might claim she's doing it for the kids'own good and seem like she's making sacrifices. But she just wants to control them. It's all about control. Kelly's in charge and she gets what she wants, one way or another. 

Pull-ups are a no-no because, as Kelly would claim, it might confuse Zack according to the diaper program and doctors. But in Kelly's book, sometimes a toilet is okay? On the surface, that might seem hypocritcal of her. But to me it reveals some of her motivations and inner workings. She truly is a step monster. For her, it's all about control. On some small level she might care for the kids- or she thinks "gee I should at least seem like I care for them" but truly, she only cares for herself.  She wants to control Zack. Humiliate and crush him like an emotional abuser does their victims.  And gaslight him to mentally beat him into submission.  "I didn't hit you, and if I did, it's YOUR fault. I didn't want to do it, YOU made me. I'm doing it for your own good."  Replace hit with diapers- "I didn't want to diaper you. It's YOUR fault you're in diapers. YOU made me put diapers on you." 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

Good updates, and we've got to know more of Kelly's background and some motivation for why she is the way she is. One thing that still sticks out to me, especially with what we've now learned about her.  This chapter, Kim said Kelly doesn't want him going back and forth from pullups to diapers. Yet, several chapters ago when we first me Kim and the girls, Kelly said she sometimes lets Zack use the potty for #2 to make her life easier. (bolded for emphasis). For me, that was a HUGE tell about Kelly's inner workings, thoughts, and motivations. At the core of things, it's all about Kelly. She might claim she's doing it for the kids'own good and seem like she's making sacrifices. But she just wants to control them. It's all about control. Kelly's in charge and she gets what she wants, one way or another. 

Pull-ups are a no-no because, as Kelly would claim, it might confuse Zack according to the diaper program and doctors. But in Kelly's book, sometimes a toilet is okay? On the surface, that might seem hypocritcal of her. But to me it reveals some of her motivations and inner workings. She truly is a step monster. For her, it's all about control. On some small level she might care for the kids- or she thinks "gee I should at least seem like I care for them" but truly, she only cares for herself.  She wants to control Zack. Humiliate and crush him like an emotional abuser does their victims.  And gaslight him to mentally beat him into submission.  "I didn't hit you, and if I did, it's YOUR fault. I didn't want to do it, YOU made me. I'm doing it for your own good."  Replace hit with diapers- "I didn't want to diaper you. It's YOUR fault you're in diapers. YOU made me put diapers on you." 

Yes your right everyone else is responsible Kelly is all about control. Some parts like letting him use the bathroom are for story purposes so it's just there but she's still doing what she's doing and it's terrifying. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Andyman3 said:

Yes your right everyone else is responsible Kelly is all about control. Some parts like letting him use the bathroom are for story purposes so it's just there but she's still doing what she's doing and it's terrifying. 

True it's for story purposes, but every action Kelly does and everything Kelly says reveals to readers who she is and gives us glimpses we can read into her inner workings/ thoughts/ motivations. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Cute_Kitten said:

True it's for story purposes, but every action Kelly does and everything Kelly says reveals to readers who she is and gives us glimpses we can read into her inner workings/ thoughts/ motivations. 

True that. The power of art😊

• Like 1

Its one thing for Kelly to keep Zack in baby clothes and other things but it is the casual cruelty that she shows that is so scary. She tells Zack that she is going to run an errand in the morning so he will have to spend the night and all next day in the same diaper. She doesn't trust him out of the locked suit when she is not there. OK. But does that mean she couldn't change him into a fresh diaper before she took off in the morning? Why did she takes Zack's stuff? Is she switching out for girl clothes?

I hope nothing goes wrong with the plan to lock him back up.  That would be bad for any future help from Kim.

A little atta boy from Kevin to Zack would go along way.

God help them all at Grandma's house. Maybe seeing Grandma's casual cruelty in action will help Kelly realize what a bitch she has been.

Thanks for a good story. Love to hate the bad guy. 

April!

• Like 2

Loved this chapter! It was so good to be able to see Zack relax a little bit. Even though he was still diapered it wasn’t being forced down his throat so to speak. I honestly think he needed that more than you would think. I am sure I would have lost it with the treatment he has been receiving.  I am looking forward to seeing what happens as a result of his break. I just hope it isn’t too severe. 

• Like 2
On 7/5/2023 at 4:26 PM, 007specialk said:

Great chapter and so glad Zach not feeling like an outsider. He was having fun and nobody is making him feel less then.

They are all kind to him  really  didn't except that from Kim. Based on her conversation  with her sister in the past.

That's why I suggested overalls or shortalls since it's summer. Both would win. 😄

Visualising what the future may hold for little Maddie when they get back from the cabin…..

“Zach had a store brand size 7 diaper in one hand and the folded change pad in the other that Kelly had asked him to fetch for her from the bags in the master bedroom upstairs. As Maddie watched him descend the stairs Kelly directed her over to the living room with a hand on her upper back, then picked her up under her arms and sat her on an upholstered ottoman, before pushing her gently back at her shoulders, so that Maddy was lying on her back. Kelly was pleased, petite little Maddie easily fit on the ottoman, her head and feet were still there clear of each end by at least eighteen inches and that gave her another idea to further reinforce with Maddie her new position in the family. When she was back from her run with Donna a shopping trip was in order. Sliding Maddie’s sundress up until it was above her hips, she took the girls’s bare feet in one hand and pushed her knees back causing her bottom to lift clear of the suede surface of the ottoman she was lying on. Zach continued to watch the scene unfold in front of him as Kelly took the change mat and pushed it underneath his little sister, then with a swift motion she tore away the pull-up on each side, grasping it and rolling it up. It had a small tab in the center at the back that allowed it to be rolled up like a burrito and fastened shut. Taking the disposable diaper from him she pushed it under Maddie, lowered her bottom onto the padding, pushed her legs apart, pulled the front of the diaper up between Maddy’s skinny legs, then brought each of the sides around to the front and fastened them to the landing strip with its diapered bears theme. It was only then that Maddie realised she had been put in a baby diaper and not another pullup. As she moved her hands to take the pacifier from her mouth and complain Kelly took hold of them, lifting her up and onto her hip.

“Zach, can you be a good boy and put your sister’s wet pullup in the trash bin for me while we get changed for my jog with Donna”.

Zach knelt down, picked up the soggy pullup and took it out to the trash bin as Kelly carried his petite sister up the stairs. When he came back inside the sound of his sisters cries were clearly audible. The door bell ringing distracted him, answered it he was greeted by Kelly’s friend Donna, in the front yard behind where she was now standing was the the red jogging stroller he had seen his sister riding in on the night of his fateful trip to the movies. This time it looked different, a sheepskin lining had been added and slung across the handles was a bulging diaper bag.

Five minute later reason for his sisters cries became clear when Kelly descended the stairs in her jogging shorts and top carrying Maddie on her hip. The girl’s sundress was gone, in its place she was now wearing a pink gingham toddler sunsuit with white ruffles across the bottom and on the shoulders, her hair had been put in pigtails and secured with pink bands and she had a pair of white strap on sandals covering her feet. Zach saw the look of horror in his younger sisters eyes but said nothing to upset his Stepmom Kelly, knowing that the outcome for him would be a repeat of the previous month if he tried to intervene on his sisters behalf.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Tracey said:

Visualising what the future may hold for little Maddie when they get back from the cabin…..

“Zach had a Luvs size 7 diaper in one hand, and a folded change pad in the other that Kelly had asked him to bring down for her from the bags in the master bedroom upstairs. As Maddie watched him descend the stairs Kelly directed her over to the living room with a hand on her upper back, then picked her up under her arms and sat her on an upholstered ottoman, before pushing her gently back at her shoulders, so that Maddy was lying on her back. Kelly was pleased, petite little Maddie easily fit on the ottoman, her head and feet were still there clear of each end by at least eighteen inches and that gave her another idea to further reinforce with Maddie her new position in the family. When she was back from her run with Donna a shopping trip was in order. Sliding Maddie’s sundress up until it was above her hips, she took the girls’s bare feet in one hand and pushed her knees back causing her bottom to lift clear of the suede surface of the ottoman she was lying on. Zach continued to watch the scene unfold in front of him as Kelly took the change mat and pushed it underneath his little sister, then with a swift motion she tore away the pull-up on each side, grasping it and rolling it up. It had a small tab in the center at the back that allowed it to be rolled up like a burrito and fastened shut. Taking the disposable diaper from him she pushed it under Maddie, lowered her bottom onto the padding, pushed her legs apart, pulled the front of the diaper up between Maddy’s skinny legs, then brought each of the sides around to the front and fastened them to the landing strip with its diapered bears theme. It was only then that Maddy realised she had been out in a baby diaper and not another pullup. As she moved her hands to take the pacifier from her mouth and complain Kelly took hold of them, lifted the her clear up and onto her hip. “Zach, can you be a good boy and put your sister’s pullup out in the trash for me while we get changed for my jog with Donna”.

Zach knelt down, picked up the soggy pullup and carried it out to the trash bin as Kelly carried his petite sister up the stairs. When he came back inside the sound of his sisters wails were clearly audible. When the door bell rang he answered to find Donna outside with the red jogging stroller he had seen his sister riding in on the night of his fateful movie night. This time it looked different, slung across the handles was a bulging diaper bag. Five minute later reason for his sisters wails became clear when Kelly descended the stairs in her jogging shorts and top carrying Little Maddie. The sundress was gone, in its place she had been dressed in a toddlers sunsuit with ruffles across the bottom and on the shoulders. Zach looked his sister in the eye but said nothing knowing that the outcome for him would be a repeat of the previous month if he tried to intervene on his sisters behalf.

Wow do you write your own stories? Nice idea, it could definitely happen. I would love the dynamics of it happening to Maddy too. 

• Like 1
  • Little Sherri changed the title to Shifting Sands - Chapter 63 - 04/27