LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone else like to "Bulk Up" for the night?

I always like to put on as much diaper as I can. Double cloth with double inserts, then rubber pants and a homemade cloth diaper made from an old sheet set over them.

This weekend, if possible, I would like to try adding a pillow between the rubber pants and the homemade diaper just so that I will not be able to squeeze my thighs together.

That sounds so comfy and will really make me feel little. I can hardly wait to see how it feels..........Krazy Kal

• Like 2

I'm one who does not like a lot of bulk between my legs.  A premium disposable diaper like Betterdry, possibly with a booster is about it for me.  I do wish the premium diapers would swell up just as thick in the back of the diaper as they do in the front.  Companies should make a specific night time diaper for those who sleep on their back (or wake up, roll on their back to pee and then fall back asleep).  if properly aimed when in bed, the back of your diaper can get just as soaked as the front and therefore should have the same amount of SAP to swell up just as huge.

The rare times that I do wear my cloth diapers they are bulky enough.  In fact, they are so thick and bulky on the sides where they are pinned together I could hardly get stretchy sweat pants over them!  Jeans or any regular pants are totally out of the question and if I went anywhere it would be immediately obvious I have on very thick diapers.

• Like 2

That is one of the nice things with cloth, if you do not mind the bulk, you can really layer it on and bulk up a lot so that you have plenty of absorbancy. I do have to admit I do rather like, and favor having a much thicker diaper on at night. Couple of night waight cloth diapers do make for a nice comfortable feeling, though goodness, if you soak that much diaper, your gonna have to hold it up when you get outa bed.

• Like 1

This is what I am in at night. They are made from DSQ baby diapers which are very thick twill. I have gone a full day between changes, the normalway of wearing them is doubled as shown in the last picture. Usually, though, I wear for half a day.Notice they arefully bulky across the entire diaper. I do not use inserts because they keep the wet longerbetween the legs, which is a more delacate part of the body. The next album, which can be gotten from this one, shows how they are put one

Being in buky diapers feels especially babyish or little girl. Little Girls were often put in  diapers either for long trips or if they were going somewhere and could not hold it comfortably, without fear of "letting go" for two hours or more, which usually meant to about age 8 if there were more than one in a group that would be at a place for a whole afternoon. This was so that they would not tie up the bathroom Also, being in dresses, the diapers put on little girls were much thicker than for little boys. The reason little girls were diapered more often for trips was that theycould not get out of the are to relievve themselves if the car went by a wooded area like boys

• Like 1

I cannot do that. Since I am a girl living in a girls' home, I am always in skirts and since I am an over-age wetter, my skiirts are only halfway to the knee, which is the proper length of babydolls

Cloth diapers, especially full coverage ones like BabyDolls give REAL meaning to "padded'. The throw-aways that have their absorbent materials only in the center are patheticcally padded-challenged. You call that Padded?

large.5a12606eacae4_3rubberpanty13.jpg.c

THIS is padded!!

Now you know why decent rubber panties are full-cut and "blousey"

For all of this discussion and comments, no definition of "b ulk" was given. Atg RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRSL' HOME a diaper is considered unusually bulky if the legs cannot be crossed of closed at or above the knees. Thismakes it easier to get between the legs fo for whatever 'my Lady" needs to do without being interfered with. Bulky diapers are also perfect in such a place as you may have to deal with 5 or 6 little ones in diapers. If you were using ordiary diapers, you would have to chage maybe 20 in a day If you keep the ones who you do not like that much in bulky diapers, they can go up to 12 hours, by which time she starts to smell a little, even with more than one rubber panty. She will need to be changed oly twice. Also you can pay more attention to the little ones who are better behaved and change them more often. One of these is call "kept wey" and the other is "kept dry". The big lump between the legs acts as a reminder to the person that she is not well liked by the staff and iis quite humiliating both in and of itself and because it makes it easier to get between her legs. When you can get between someone's legs, she is yours to do with as you please. Also, just having your dress lifted and rubbber panties being put on you is quigte humiliagting.. All of this shows just who is Queen around here

I define bulked up as having enough layers that I can pee my diaper twice over night, once first thing in the morning, mess in it, and pee in it one more time all between 9:30 PM and  10:00 AM next morning without having to change my socks.

A bulky diaper in the same proportion as an actual baby diaper, is thick enough to come 2/3 of the way down the thigh and almost to the knee. If you look at old pictures (like you) as a baby in cloth diapers and a overall etc., the diaper bulk comes down to the knee.

Disposable diapers, no matter how thick they are, don't seem to be able to be bulked up as much. - adding enough inserts, and there is gaps in the elastic and the legs - plus disposable diapers do not wick similar to cloth...

Part of a disposable will be oversoaked wile the rest remains partially dry.

• wetting while lying on back, and from the wetting source to the back gets wet, but from the wetting souce to the front remains dry.
  • while on one side, then from the wetting source to the leg gathers gets over-wet, but everything else stays dry.
  • while on front, and from the wetting source to the belly wet, but from the wetting souce to the back remains dry.

So, for me, a number of fitted cloth diapers in increasing sizes, plus a number of flat fold cloth makes a diaper so thick that I have to waddle and either sleep on my back or belly - side sleeping is almost impossible & this diaper would almost last me 24-48 hours.

To me, that type of waddle and it is easier to crawl, and difficulty getting up from sitting on the floor plus the thickness so I am about 4"-6" off the floor even sitting down gives me the ideal baby feeling. It is also very difficult, when forced on the floor like that, to prepare any food / bottles - but babies should not be preparing food - only being fed ?

If you look at the picture above, the BabyDoll diaper is bulky but it is done by thickness that covers the entire diaper both between the legs and around the sides. It was made after a bedwetter's diaper to be used with a girl bewtween 5 and 10. Theoriginal was made from early prefolds The BabyDoll is made from DSQ diapers which are very thick; at least night weight

I always "bulk up" at night. Being a heavy wetter its a definite must for me. At night I wear several layers of terry cloth and either hemp or bamboo boosters as well, with 2 pars of plastic pants over the top. I find terry cloth is better for side sleeping. The bulk doesn't bother me and don't find it uncomfortable to wear. At night I usually don't wake up knowing I'm wetting, it just happens! By morning I'm lying in a soaking wet diaper/nappy

bed time.jpg

Bulk is defintely a cloth thing since, for the last 40 years, the idea has been to slim down diapers and rather than absorbency, gelatinizing the liquid has been the desired thing. Even in the latter stages of cloth, thinning dow diapers has been  tried with things like contour diapers in the '60's and prefolds in the '50's which were much thinner at the sides than the earlier ones. Generally, attempts to bulk up throw-aways involve a good deal of work to the point that reaching significant bulk asks the question "is the juice worth the squeeze?"

• 3 weeks later...

I have combined this and another thread about bulky diapers. Here is the link

• 7 months later...

i love the bulk of thick cloth diapers,pnned on with plastic pants nightly.i have o.a.b.and diabetes.so i believe this is a contributeing factor.saves a wet bed bed and i sleep more soundly knowing i'm protected.when my wife was liveing,if i was going to bed ,without diapers,she very often reminded me or ask why?

On 1/3/2023 at 5:39 PM, babykeiff said:

A bulky diaper in the same proportion as an actual baby diaper, is thick enough to come 2/3 of the way down the thigh and almost to the knee. If you look at old pictures (like you) as a baby in cloth diapers and a overall etc., the diaper bulk comes down to the knee.

Disposable diapers, no matter how thick they are, don't seem to be able to be bulked up as much. - adding enough inserts, and there is gaps in the elastic and the legs - plus disposable diapers do not wick similar to cloth...

Part of a disposable will be oversoaked wile the rest remains partially dry.

• wetting while lying on back, and from the wetting source to the back gets wet, but from the wetting souce to the front remains dry.
  • while on one side, then from the wetting source to the leg gathers gets over-wet, but everything else stays dry.
  • while on front, and from the wetting source to the belly wet, but from the wetting souce to the back remains dry.

So, for me, a number of fitted cloth diapers in increasing sizes, plus a number of flat fold cloth makes a diaper so thick that I have to waddle and either sleep on my back or belly - side sleeping is almost impossible & this diaper would almost last me 24-48 hours.

To me, that type of waddle and it is easier to crawl, and difficulty getting up from sitting on the floor plus the thickness so I am about 4"-6" off the floor even sitting down gives me the ideal baby feeling. It is also very difficult, when forced on the floor like that, to prepare any food / bottles - but babies should not be preparing food - only being fed ?

ACtually what the BabyDoll diaper does and its ancestor did, was 1. add layers of material and 2. come UP rather than go down, to or above the belly botton and the same front and back, which made it useful for a girl or a boy. Also, It is held in place by rubber panties with snug fitting waist and leg bands. That was part of the strength of having a separate diaper and panty. each had its own hold-up so that function was doubled. Now this was not a baby diaper. The sides at the hips were not snug against the body so there was an air gap, where it was and is snug is between the legs and front and back

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Little BabyDoll Christine said:

ACtually what the BabyDoll diaper does and its ancestor did, was 1. add layers of material and 2. come UP rather than go down, to or above the belly botton and the same front and back, which made it useful for a girl or a boy. Also, It is held in place by rubber panties with snug fitting waist and leg bands. That was part of the strength of having a separate diaper and panty. each had its own hold-up so that function was doubled. Now this was not a baby diaper. The sides at the hips were not snug against the body so there was an air gap, where it was and is snug is between the legs and front and back

I think that you have got the idea, but even with that it comes close to the proportions of a baby and its diaper. I don't think that cloth is available thick enough to be in the same proportion of a diaper to a baby. After all, the baby is 10" tall and the thickest cloth is only 1" thick. When this is folded, it becomes 3" - 4" thick. As a result, with the average person's height of 5'-6', the scale would make a needed diaper 1' - 3' thick. Yes, we can come close, but physics tend to defeat us. Add to that the thickness and size of the plastic pants required, and one would almost need the size and thickness of a shower curtain to match the proportions plus diaper pins that are 6" or longer.

If a company could make these size of diapers (individual ones that get layered to be that thick), plus pins plus plastic pants, I believe in the ABDL world, there would be a market. Some companies make spreader pants as a way to create something close to the feeling, but I don't think that the spreader pants work as they are plastic coated and non absorbant - so they really don't 'feel' the same.

The scale of diapers needed a baby-doll dress on the child to allow the clothes to cover the child, but even with that type of dress, the diapers still forced the baby-doll dress to spread out. Today, the same baby in thick diapers and a baby-doll dress, and the diaper just peaks out the bottom. The diaper is a lot thinner.

...but that is my memory of baby diapers.

13 hours ago, babykeiff said:

I think that you have got the idea, but even with that it comes close to the proportions of a baby and its diaper. I don't think that cloth is available thick enough to be in the same proportion of a diaper to a baby. After all, the baby is 10" tall and the thickest cloth is only 1" thick. When this is folded, it becomes 3" - 4" thick. As a result, with the average person's height of 5'-6', the scale would make a needed diaper 1' - 3' thick. Yes, we can come close, but physics tend to defeat us. Add to that the thickness and size of the plastic pants required, and one would almost need the size and thickness of a shower curtain to match the proportions plus diaper pins that are 6" or longer.

If a company could make these size of diapers (individual ones that get layered to be that thick), plus pins plus plastic pants, I believe in the ABDL world, there would be a market. Some companies make spreader pants as a way to create something close to the feeling, but I don't think that the spreader pants work as they are plastic coated and non absorbant - so they really don't 'feel' the same.

The scale of diapers needed a baby-doll dress on the child to allow the clothes to cover the child, but even with that type of dress, the diapers still forced the baby-doll dress to spread out. Today, the same baby in thick diapers and a baby-doll dress, and the diaper just peaks out the bottom. The diaper is a lot thinner.

...but that is my memory of baby diapers.

The BabyDoll is not a baby diaper, It is a derivative of something that was made in about 1951 for a bedwetter little girl to use between the ages of 5 and 9. I have envisioned the commercial production of this. both in the half size and the doubled full-size. The sizing would be determined emperically, but I did see a place for 5 sized from xs to xl with the large being from waist size 38 to 45 and the med at about 33 to 40. It would have 4 layers of material. If made as the full-size the crotch area would have 8 layers and each of the body parts would have 4 which would, in use lead to 8. It is usually worn in the full-size mode anyway so that would be worth producing. The half-size would have a range of about 8 hours, designed for 6 and the full-size, made for 12 hours, would have a range of at least 16. The full size would need to be changed only twice3 a day, in the mrning and 12 hours later for bed

Herei s the story of the ancestor and how to make

As to what they would fit under, these are worn with a full-size BabyDoll diaper and the dresses skirts and babydolls are halfway to the knee
large.chrbbdoll.jpg.cd6b8c6b9f1dfcde54fd
large.416314004_albumcover.jpg.5e7e351f8

Everything fits quite well under the skirts and things. The skirts, dresses and babydolls are loose fitting, often full cirlce

and high waisted. The "Waist" of a 1950''s littel girl's babydoll is anywhere from just under the arm to just under the nipples