LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The answer to the formula shortage

DailyDi

@Little Spider

ironically, I used to love Coca-Cola. It always seemed to be something that was cold when you needed it, and it went down smooth, just like a good beer or a good wine! Half of the reason why coke was so good is because it was chilled and it had a little bit of fizz.

Unfortunately, after so many years, my friend and I both had a day of reckoning with Coca-Cola: in his case, he got really sick, went to the hospital for two weeks, got better and was released, and then when he came home from the hospital, he wanted a soda: he decided that he wanted a coke, and then decided to open one and drink it: unfortunately, for some reason it didn't taste right to him, and that was the first day that he decided that he didn't want to drink coke anymore. He decided to go 2 ginger ale, which tastes a lot better in my opinion.

I had the same thing happen to me about a year later: for some reason Coca-Cola just doesn't taste right: I don't know why all of a sudden it just doesn't taste right, but the draw from this soda is no more: they say that soda is bad for you, and Coca-Cola is probably the worst, because you can use it to remove rust from the bumper of an old Chevrolet, and most home health aides and agencies use Coca-Cola as a way to clean hoses from differing apparatus, especially those where you're dealing with gastric tubing.

Coke used to taste good to me, and I'm not sure why it doesn't anymore, but I do know that it just doesn't taste right, and I guess as you get older your taste buds change and sort of your tastes in food and drink. I'd rather drink either a nice cold glass of fanta orange or a glass of ginger ale, or maybe some crystal light: instead of drinking Coca-Cola, I've graduated to Crystal Lake, and I drink a whole bunch of different flavors. I've even begun taking some to work every day, and I take it in two containers. I drink one container while I'm working, I have one drink while I am working, and I use the other one when I get out of work when I get thirsty. I will have to ask to see if I can get some crystal light for work from my partners: one of them is the finance director so I have to ask her for permission to spend some money on my behalf so that I have plenty to drink on site.

I wonder if there are any differing foods that were better in the olden days, meaning were there any foods that anyone remembers that were better and yesteryear than they are today. There are sometimes that I wish that I could go back to say 1950, and then see what it was like when you go to a McDonald's restaurant, or you might be able to go to an old drive-in movie and watch a halfway decent flick. Sometimes things that happened in the old days are better than what they have now, but then there are sometimes when technology does have its advantages, because some things that were done in the 50s the 60s and the 70s as far as medical procedure would probably not be done to day, or things that were common for sicknesses back then are probably easily or more easily treated today than they were in yesteryear.

When I think of things like this, it always reminds me of when I used to be and my grandfather's sign shop:  looking on the wall, it's almost like going back in time. I have several pictures of my grandfather and my uncle, as well as other family members who visited my grandfather on weekends, and there was always a good thing to go visit Grammy and grandpa on weekends, because you always were able to get halfway decent food, a lot of love, and a lot of understanding. I have come to cherish every moment that I spent with my grandparents, because even as I aged, and I became 20 and then 30 and then 40, I always was happier when I was there: it didn't matter whether the world around me was falling apart, as long as I was there: the one place that I felt safe, and one place that I could be myself regardless of what the heck someone said or what the heck someone believed. My grandparents, both sets of them in fact, were always willing able and available when you needed to talk to them, and it was always a relaxing time when I could get away from the rat race, and spend time with them

those were the days!

Brian

• Like 3

Speaking of soda pop... It changed from cane sugar to corn syrup. Coke did it first and claimed there was no difference in taste or "body". Since it was so much cheaper than sugar, every soda maker moved to it. A lot of us noticed the change, were powerless do to otherwise, and accepted the change.

There is a movement to return to real sugar, and Pepsi offers it in several of their offerings. I opt for sugar in Mountain Dew and Pepsi. It's much better than corn syrup.

13 minutes ago, ppdude said:

Speaking of soda pop... It changed from cane sugar to corn syrup. Coke did it first and claimed there was no difference in taste or "body". Since it was so much cheaper than sugar, every soda maker moved to it. A lot of us noticed the change, were powerless do to otherwise, and accepted the change.

@ppdude

there is obviously a wicked difference between cane sugar and corn syrup. 99% of anything that you see on the shelves nowadays has some sort of corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup or something of that nature . When I noticed a couple summers ago, that some sort of manufacturers were going back to the original cane sugar, I actually bought a bottle, and I mean a 16.9 oz glass bottle of Mountain Dew . Mountain Dew that is in a regular can now, and Mountain Dew that is made with corn syrup is a heck of a lot different , because real sugar is a lot different and a lot better for you than any of these manufactured high sweetness sweeteners . When I go to a dentist for example, there are posters all over the place.

when you go into my dentist office for example, they have several different types of carbonated and sugary drinks. In order to illustrate the point of how much sugar each one has, they have the actual drink, such as Gatorade, and a bunch of different lunch period the one that has the most sugar in it is something like Mountain Dew or jolt. Regardless of what it is, this type of stuff is not good for you, and that's why they tell us not to drink so much of it. When I go to the dentist this next week I will take a picture of that and show it to everyone here, so they can see what I'm referring to.

I'd much rather have somebody make something with real sugar, with none of the fillers and preservatives, rather than have something that is high fructose anything that's full of caffeine and not really good for you. Soda in itself is not good for you either, but anything with real sugar in it is a lot better than high fructose corn sweetener or syrup.

Anybody who also drinks diet soda thinks they are doing something better for their body. In my opinion, all you are doing is taking the sweetness and the sugar out of anything that is diet, and then adding a bunch of fake chemicals such as saccharine nutrasweet or any of these other fake sweeteners. Diet soda simply means that the taste has been removed, and then chemicals have been added in its place, making it taste good for those that are on a diet thinking that it's going to be better for them than regular soda. The best way to enjoy a soda is to enjoy one that is full of regular sugar, rather than the high fructose kind, better than that, you should probably drink something a little bit more healthy, however this can be hard since the world around us lakes us to be fat ugly sloppy people, so they make it sound like we should be eating a bunch of unhealthy things. Sometimes I wish that we could get the healthier stuff, so that we could get back to a place when we're all healthier, rather than worrying about any type of cancer or any other disease that is terminal.

Brian

In Europe we use cane sugar, and those that have tasted both, usually prefer cane sugar.

Sadly everything is now turning into "no sugar", where they don't use sugar, but sweeteners. 
All new products have no sugar.  There is even energy drinks without sugar. 

? Yes! The Jarritos line of Mexican sodas have many flavors -  even a tamarind one. They seem to be more creative and less commercially fabricated, and are in glass bottles.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

I only drank Jolt back when I was in college.  "All the sugar and twice the caffeine" was their motto. 

I tried Jolt, I fell asleep halfway through my first can. It wasn't even that late, nor was I that tired.

7 Up's ad was even more blatant. It had the mom actually holding the bottle to the baby's mouth.

On 11/12/2022 at 8:12 PM, Crinklz Kat said:

I only drank Jolt back when I was in college.  "All the sugar and twice the caffeine" was their motto. 

Joly Cherry Cola was awesome!

• Like 1