LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active work diaper?

Hello i’ve been a lurker on the site for a little bit now but i decided to make an account to ask a question. I’m looking for a good diaper to wear for my lifestyle.

For context i have urge incontinence so i wear most of the time im at work or i’m out and about. i work 10+ hours and i’m a restaurant manager at a busy fine dinning restaurant so i’ve gravitated towards bigger capacity diapers since it’s nearly impossible for me to fit in a change during a shift and my options for changing locations is very limited.

The past few months i’ve been using the Abu simples and they have worked out pretty good for me i’ve had slight issues but nothing major. But now that they are discontinued i’m not really sure where to go from here. 

I’m looking for a diaper that can 1.) hold a full 10 hour shifts worth of pee without leaking (moderate leaks throughout the day) without major odors 

2.) Is relatively discreet “no super big bulges” 

3.) preferably no abdl printed diapers just in case i do need an emergency change id rather not have a baby printed diaper in my work trash haha 

4.) can hold up with LOTS of walking/running around, bending over, being in the kitchen/close to grills

Also i’d appreciate any help or advice on wearing for long periods of time more comfortable. My current routine is just using powered on my bits and a little on the diaper itself. I’ve read about people using lotions, Vasoline, barrier cream, etc but i’m not sure when to use these and if i should with my lifestyle. My medical issues are relatively new so i’m still trying to figure out all the best ways to live life to the fullest. 

Id greatly appreciate any help or advice 

Simple discontinued???? Dang!    They don't say as such on the web site, but they are currently out of stock on everything.

You could try the Bambino Bianco.  The cut/fit should be very similar to ABU (it's virtually identical in XL).  Of course, they don't always have them in stock lately.  That company also sells the TotalDry brand.  Their "X-Plus" is the same as the Bianco.   They're slightly lower capacity than the ABU though.

A popular choice are either the Northshore Supreme or Megamax.  But, there's lots of choice out there.  I'd recommend getting some samples.  Changing Times is a good place to get samples that won't cost an arm and leg (just an arm or a leg ?).  https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/collections/disposable-diapers-all-white-2  Some vendors also offer samples as well (but some can be rather costly). 

I second the BetterDry.  Alternative would be the Rearz Incontrol elite Hybrid (which has the velcro tabs).  In addition to this, I'd recommend a pair of PUL cover (like the Gary Activewear PUL), and a onesie.  You can get all of the above in plain white, or go with a plain black onesie.  The onesie is to keep everything nice and snug, and hide any evidence of diaper showing above your pants.

Because you are active, look around for some diaper rash cream, like Sudocrem, and apply that to your bits, butt, and the insides of your legs at your groin where the diaper and PUL cover sit, as you will get red rub marks which will turn sore after a while.  You can powder up everywhere else.

• Like 1

I agree that the BetterDry is a pretty good product and could do the 10 hours but in my experience, it can swell up heroically.

These days I use the BetterDry as a night nappy.

During workdays, I use a single Rearz Incontrol Hybrid Brief Elite which, for the sake of brevity, I simply call a "Barry"...  They don't swell as much and those hook and loop tapes are completely brilliant: refastenable and bullet-proof.  As @ozziebee has pointed out, a PUL cover and some kind of foundation garment (I use women's shapewear pants because my climate is too hot for onesies) to hold everything in place gives me pretty stealthy-but-awesome performance for my active workday.

Any diaper I have tried, I have been wearing since the 70s... bunches up / balls up the padding and comes apart at some point. 

I did do several reviews.... anyway, good luck. My first choice for you to try would be MegaMax by northshore

@LittleAceOh

I second all recommendations by my colleagues: I would also tell you that the best diaper that you can get that has the capacity that I believe that you're looking for, in my opinion, is a mega Max. Northshore makes these, and they are the best diapers that they make out there as far as I'm concerned. A better dry is also a good diaper, however since I am incontinent both ways and severely incontinent, the mega Max is the best diaper for the job.

I would also invest in a diaper cover. In that case, North Shore also makes the trifecta: which is a cover that can go over the top of either a cloth or a disposable diaper period since you're working in a restaurant situation, these diapers can come in any color they make including blue white pink black and tie dye . There are no babyish designs or anything on these diapers . I have several of these, and I believe I ordered six of each color of the trifectas: they come in blue white pink and black .

3rd and finally: you need to get a halfway decent rash cream: this is because you're active, and you don't want to have it where if you are unable to change for a long period of time, that you end up with a humongous rash or redness that would cause burn around your waist. If you're going to be wearing diapers, the best thing that you can do also is to keep any of your pubic hair region as free of hair as possible or make it as short as possible by shaving. It is a pain in the **** to do that, but I can guarantee you if you have no too little hair down there, it shouldn't be too bad. This is because there's nothing for the hair to get caught in, and it's easier to keep everything clean downstairs. Using rush cream also allows you to make sure that you are providing a barrier between your skin and the diaper. Barrier cream as it is also known, is known to have the characteristics so that anything that you are releasing is very easy to remove because it just slides off your skin.

Mega Max's are 8 12 hour diapers. They are made so that someone can put them on, and then go through the night without having to change. However, this could change depending on your output, and how much you're drinking. Finally, in my case I also use the eternal dry inserts, which are commonly called boosters: these should also be used if you are finding that you need high capacity, and the diaper usually lasts longer this way.

That's all I have for now: if you have any questions or any concerns please don't hesitate to respond to me or to any of  us, giving you advice.

Good luck!

Brian

• Like 1

I'd echo the Rearz InControl Elite Hybrid, AKA "Barry",  as @oznl refers to them - so far in Canada I think they omit the term "Brief", but I haven't gotten them in the new sizes yet. To that I would add the Northshore Megamax. I wear 24/7 and am on occasion very active; my day-to-day work is mostly in front of a computer or behind the wheel of a car, but I also get involved in renovation projects on the side that see me building a fence or deck, or laying flooring for 12 hours on a Saturday. A good product is key, however I would definitely add diaper cream to your process, because it helps with chaffing in friction points where plastic or elasticized gathers saw back and forth against tender areas for hours and hours. I also find onesies indispensable; I have a dozen or so black t-shirts with snap crotches, and they allow me to not have to worry about bending over or kneeling down with a diaper on under my jeans. The onesies also help with sagging. 

• Like 1

All the recommendations are good, Betterdry and Mega Max, but there is always a trade off.  If you want a diaper that lasts 10 hours, it's not going to be discreet.  It will have to be thick enough to absorb all that urine and it will swell up more and more the more you wet it.  After 10 hours it's going to be pretty big and bulky.  You might want to try some samples first of some of the better premium diapers, a 2 pack or something.  Wear them on a day off if you have one and see how well the hold up, if they can make it for your 10 hours with being active and just how bulky they are, especially when well wet.  I can't see a person in any job working 10 hours straight without any kind of break or bathroom break!  Even if you are a manager that is breaking labor laws.  You might even consider a thinner but good diaper, maybe Abena M4 or whatever and change after 5 hours.  You should be able to take 5 minutes in a bathroom to change diapers during your work day.