LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Changing times ....might be going away!!! ?

square_duck

This makes me unbelievably sad.....

I visited Changing Times website looking for something, only to find a lot of the normal things they stock, being discontinued!!! No more twill prefolds!!! Due to high import fees!!!!.

Gary plastic pants being discontinued for the same reasons, higher production costs!!!! 

His normal selection of disposables is way down....though he does carry 'Trest'.....but....

This is beyond frustrating!!!! I hate like hell to see Robert and Gayle have to close their store?? due to stupid economics by the idiots in Washington..... But I also don't know what to do. 

He needs to find a better vendor for twill clothprefolds, since the ones he was getting, I think' are made in Canada....hence the import  fees, which sucks!

I have looked around, and twill prefolds are not carried ANYWHERE else...., except at Rearz ( incontrol line. The name was originally owned, or created by Robert at Changing times, but Rearz stole it from him somehow, and yes he is bitter about it) 

Everyone only carries Gauze, or Birdseye.. Mommys Baby pants used to carry twill...no more! And Adult Cloth Diapers ( ADC) used to carry them as well., But they went back to only Gauze and Birdseye.

I'm harping about Twill, because it has the BEST qualities of the other 2 fabrics. The durability and wear ofBirdseye, yet the softness of Gauze. They really are wonderful.....and now noone carries them EXCEPT  rearz...hmmmmm. 

I know I should be grateful for what IS available ( which I am) , but it pisses me off to see what we are loosing..or "potentially" loosing.

I have heard about rearz aggressive/predatory behavior in the market place ( the incontrol label for instance) and if that is true, I refuse to support or enable such behavior, and prefer to keep my money here, and support domestic companies. I see no reason to support a company who abuses the market, in order to benifit itself, at the expense of others, only for the purpose of eliminating 'competition'. 

Any ways....I hope to be able to help Robert and Gayle at Changing times somehow, I might pop over there and pay them a visit, since they are really nice people. I usually end up leaving behind a couple hundred bucks in the process .???. But if it helps a great mom and pop store stay afloat....COOL!!??

Anyways, that my rant, and concern... I hate the thought that Changing times might close due to what ever f*cked up circumstances, but if there IS  something we can do to help....we should move forward on it.....what ever it is.

........or....maybe its to late...??....I don't know.....*sigh*

https://www.changingtimesdiaperco.com/

• Sad 3

Robert and Gayle and Changing Times are the best, and I highly encourage supporting them. But...lets not make assumptions that they are closing down due to supply chain issues. Last I talked with Robert, these were a big problem for his stock and he purposely is shifting what he was carrying given ever-evolving cost and supply chain issues. 

• Like 1

One should look at it this way as well. Why would he buy and pay to ship diapers to his location only to have to go to the effort to ship them to the user. I can't speak for the cloth products, but most of the disposables they sell can be purchased elsewhere. Usually at a lower cost.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, square_duck said:

This makes me unbelievably sad.....

I visited Changing Times website looking for something, only to find a lot of the normal things they stock, being discontinued!!! No more twill prefolds!!! Due to high import fees!!!!.

Gary plastic pants being discontinued for the same reasons, higher production costs!!!! 

His normal selection of disposables is way down....though he does carry 'Trest'.....but....

This is beyond frustrating!!!! I hate like hell to see Robert and Gayle have to close their store?? due to stupid economics by the idiots in Washington..... But I also don't know what to do. 

He needs to find a better vendor for twill clothprefolds, since the ones he was getting, I think' are made in Canada....hence the import  fees, which sucks!

I'm harping about Twill, because it has the BEST qualities of the other 2 fabrics. The durability and wear ofBirdseye, yet the softness of Gauze. They really are wonderful.....and now no one carries them EXCEPT  rearz...hmmmmm. 

I have heard about rearz aggressive/predatory behavior in the market place ( the incontrol label for instance) and if that is true, I refuse to support or enable such behavior, and prefer to keep my money here, and support domestic companies. I see no reason to support a company who abuses the market, in order to benifit itself, at the expense of others, only for the purpose of eliminating 'competition'. 

Any ways....I hope to be able to help Robert and Gayle at Changing times somehow, I might pop over there and pay them a visit, since they are really nice people. I usually end up leaving behind a couple hundred bucks in the process .???. But if it helps a great mom and pop store stay afloat....COOL!!??

Anyways, that my rant, and concern... I hate the thought that Changing times might close due to what ever f*cked up circumstances, but if there IS  something we can do to help....we should move forward on it.....what ever it is.

Boy, do I hear you!!! They are also my only supplier for the cloth twill and all of  my plastic pants. I heard the same things you said from them. He talked about only doing clothing -- no more cloth/disposable diapers, plastic pants, and other AB items. Baby Pants has been going down the drain for years and I'm shocked if they have a web presence other than Amazon or Ebay.

Also sorry hearing about REARZ. There's plenty of people here that almost exclusively use and promote them. I have always shied away from using them because they ship from Canada to USA. The prices are seemingly high for their products and that gives me pause. Now that I find out they have predatory practices almost guarantees that I won't be buying from them.

Thank you US and California governments for all your idiot decisions and thank you to Joe Biden for all your idiocy, incompetence and causing high inflation, supply shortages, and everything else that is wrong in America. Shame to all those stupid woke bastards!!!

Very sorry to hear that they may stop selling Gary products.  I've purchased cloth diapers and Gary plastic pants from them and would miss doing business with them.  Where else can you find a small husband and wife business that understands the needs and wants of our community?  Yes, I agree, if you are able, please support them.

EDIT: I misspoke....errr....miss typed when I sad baby-pants didn't carry twill prefolds. Evidently I hit a wrong button, the one for the contour ones they carry. They are only available in gauze and birdseye, they still have twill prefolds, so....if anything, that is a plus..

I'm sorry if it seems I am coming off as a "drama queen", I'm not. It is just that this store and its owners are so great, its sad to see them have to deal with such garbage. They just want to run their company, support the community, live their lives and eventually retire to where ever. Much like many small businesses and owners....sad really, but if I can, I'll do what I can...

Thanks for all the replies....

• 3 weeks later...

It is amazing how people blame a President for high inflation and shortages. They simple don't understand economics!!! How could a President cause a world wide inflation and shortages?? Educate yourself...  I have been ordering plastic pants and diapers for over 40 years. And several have gone out of business. Comco was one that their vinyl supplier stopped making the vinyl they used. VIP Products the same thing happen to them. Both Great Companies, I miss them. There is only one maker of vinyl pants in the US and that's Gary Products. And their prices were going up a couple of years ago. I have been stocking up on my favorite diapers and pants for a long time, just knowing that someday they will not be available.  I have had private seamstress's make a lot of my diapers and pants over the years also. And they also retire or stop making them. It's really coming down to the younger generation that was raised wearing disposables are not purchasing the Old School cloth diapers and plastic pants. We are a dying generation. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Noisey Pants said:

It is amazing how people blame a President for high inflation and shortages. They simple don't understand economics!!! How could a President cause a world wide inflation and shortages?? Educate yourself...  I have been ordering plastic pants and diapers for over 40 years. And several have gone out of business. Comco was one that their vinyl supplier stopped making the vinyl they used. VIP Products the same thing happen to them. Both Great Companies, I miss them. There is only one maker of vinyl pants in the US and that's Gary Products. And their prices were going up a couple of years ago. I have been stocking up on my favorite diapers and pants for a long time, just knowing that someday they will not be available.  I have had private seamstress's make a lot of my diapers and pants over the years also. And they also retire or stop making them. It's really coming down to the younger generation that was raised wearing disposables are not purchasing the Old School cloth diapers and plastic pants. We are a dying generation. 

Those same Presidents try to take credit when inflation is low and stuff is plentiful. If they want to take the credit, then they also deserve the blame.

• Like 1

Just to set the record, there are only 7 countries world wide that have lower inflation rates that the United States.  Mali, Eritrea, Oman, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Thailand and Malaysia.  Even Russia, China, Mexico, Brazil, Poland, Columbia, Argentina and New Zealand have higher inflation rates than the United States, and some countries are way higher than the United States.  It's strange that a person living in their own country thinks theirs is the only one with inflation and it's not a world wide problem.  It's also strange that people always blame the current administration for all the problems.

9 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Just to set the record, there are only 7 countries world wide that have lower inflation rates that the United States.  Mali, Eritrea, Oman, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Thailand and Malaysia.  Even Russia, China, Mexico, Brazil, Poland, Columbia, Argentina and New Zealand have higher inflation rates than the United States, and some countries are way higher than the United States.  It's strange that a person living in their own country thinks theirs is the only one with inflation and it's not a world wide problem.  It's also strange that people always blame the current administration for all the problems.

I don't blame just the current administration, I also blame the previous administrations, and Congress, and my State and Local governments. Plenty of blame to pass around.

I also blame lobbyists, speculators, and Elon Musk. 

18 hours ago, rusty pins said:

OK, but giving trillions away for a pandemic that’s essentially over wasn’t a smart move.  In other words, screw the country, let’s buy some votes.

• Like 1