LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who thought of... green

DailyDi

Funny enough, one of the first adult diapers I wore as a kid when I was eight was green. It wasn't depends though, It had tapes on it. But it was soft and pretty comfortable!????????♥️?????☺️?

I wonder if it was to make it easier to see if someone had removed their diaper in a hospital or nursing home environment. After all a white diaper does kind of look like regular (non absorbent) underwear at a distance.

• Like 1

Not sure about duh-pends... but a lot of "institutional" grade products were/are color coded so hospital staff don't have to actually look to know what they're grabbing -- blue = medium, green=large, tan=x.large.    Abena still follows this with the stripe colors.

Back then the majority of actual baby diapers were white, even the cloth diapers.  No cartoon printed Pampers, Huggies or even store brands.  I'm assuming Depends chose green in the fledgling adult diaper market to try and reduce the stigma in the minds of the old folks who had to wear them that they weren't actually diapers (which, in fact everyone knew they really were).  Even today adult tape on diapers are referred to as "Disposable Briefs" even when you can put them side by side with a baby diaper and see they are basically the same thing.  Funny that Depends chose green when Attends that came out about the same time were always white through the 90's.

Maybe it was for those people who inadvertently ate far to much spinich and creamed green peas...??

I always heard that the color pink was far more 'calming' than any other color.....could that be the reason the pink mega max diapers are so popular???! ..

15 hours ago, square_duck said:

Maybe it was for those people who inadvertently ate far to much spinich and creamed green peas...??

I always heard that the color pink was far more 'calming' than any other color.....could that be the reason the pink mega max diapers are so popular???! ..

Interesting thought.  Maybe ask Brian as he seems to enjoy the pink Mega Max diapers.  He might chime in his opinion on pink diapers. 

On 9/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, willnotwill said:

I describe it as the color they paint the walls in mental institutions to keep the patients calm.

I thinks you are correct and I believe applys for the diapers too.

?‍♂️