LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Continued progress in Potty Untraining

Figured I would I would post an update since it’s about 5 years since I’ve been wearing 24/7 with occasional brief breaks and about 3-4 years since I fully committed to untraining: 

Bladder lack of control: can’t really call it “control” anymore, lol. I’m wetting my diapers frequently without noticing it at all. Sometimes I notice urine entering my diaper but there is no sensation that I tried to cause it, which is very relaxing and validating . Other times I just realize my diaper is very wet and there’s no way I remember peeing that much. 

Fun “test”: It’s extremely rare that I ever go without diapers. I do have some pull-ups I use on occasion around the house but wouldn’t trust them to hold up if I went out . I was having some skin issues the other day (which is actually very rare for me), so decided to let my skin air out and go “commando” in my sweat pants for a bit. About 3 hours later, my crotch was soaked through but I 100% did not consciously wet it not did I feel any urine release, meaning I probably just slowly dribbled into my sweatpants. Needless to say, it smelled bad and was not comfortable on my skin, so I showered and changed back to a diaper?.  Wasn’t an intentional test, but definitely validated I need diapers, and that doesn’t bother me. ?

Bedwetting: I’m usually wetting my diaper as I’m falling asleep without any control. Occasionally I wake up “soaked” but I usually just wake up with an empty bladder and a diaper that is expanded but not soaked. I vaguely remember a long time ago sleeping in just my PJs, and my pants and bed were wet through. So while I don’t “flood” every night, I do sometimes, and it’s probably only a matter of time . I am definitely noticing I am more relaxed at night.

Bowel stuff: so when I started, I rapidly lost all bowel control thanks to hypnosis , but then about a year or so later had some health issues come up that led to me holding it for a few weeks / months . it took me a bit to decide to focus on that again. I never regained the same amount of control (I still have accidents when coughing and times when I am unable to stop going). Also, eating healthier diet / more fiber is helping . My goal is no control here either . I had done really well before to get past a lot / most of my social hang ups about this, but many of them returned after my health issues — not sure why. funny thing is, if I change within a few minutes in a public setting with the diapers I’m using , no one notices . I think I’m worried about having to change in public restrooms etc again (but again, I’ve done this before no problem ).  But that said … I def don’t have full control and I’ve even had multiple bowel accidents where I had no clue I even had a bowel movement (yeah that was embarrassing…).

I need a new diaper bag as my really nice one that I felt very comfortable taking everywhere was stolen. And they don’t make it anymore (and therefore it costs 4x as much to replace on EBay). 

Anyways, that’s my update. It’s going really well! I credit wearing 24/7 now for several years , hypnosis and self-affirmations for reinforcement, and meditation as what has helped the most for me.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, BabyBoi91 said:

Bowel stuff: so when I started, I rapidly lost all bowel control thanks to hypnosis , but then about a year or so later had some health issues come up that led to me holding it for a few weeks / months . it took me a bit to decide to focus on that again. I never regained the same amount of control (I still have accidents when coughing and times when I am unable to stop going). Also, eating healthier diet / more fiber is helping . My goal is no control here either . I had done really well before to get past a lot / most of my social hang ups about this, but many of them returned after my health issues — not sure why. funny thing is, if I change within a few minutes in a public setting with the diapers I’m using , no one notices . I think I’m worried about having to change in public restrooms etc again (but again, I’ve done this before no problem ).  But that said … I def don’t have full control and I’ve even had multiple bowel accidents where I had no clue I even had a bowel movement (yeah that was embarrassing…).

Thank you so much for the update! I try to read as many different people's perspectives on the 24/7 journey as I can, and detailed posts like this help out a lot!

I have a burning question though... was it you who mentioned in another thread that you found a hypnotherapist who was able to help you with this? If so, I am really, really curious to know more. I've tried tapes and mp3s but never had an in-person or even a video call session before, and would love to explore more of my DL side with a hypnotherapist who gets it! Thing is, I feel a lot of your average hypnotherapists out there wouldn't be very friendly to the interest, so I haven't gone around asking anyone yet. If you can gimme any pointers, lemme know!

Also, I think I know a little bit about what you mean about losing bowel control quickly too. I haven't been using hypnosis, but I have been using a visualisation technique that helps me relax the bladder muscles and let go. I tried to identify all the muscle groups I would normally relax when I would stand up to pee or sit on the can, and I just try to reset my muscles into that relaxed state as much as possible. The thing is though... the same muscle groups effect my bladder control also effect my bowel control as well... and I found this technique almost works better to lose control of the latter! It might take me several days of letting go of my bladder before I begin to notice any change in frequency/difficulty holding, but with my bowels, they want to get working as soon as I open the gates! Even after only a single day of letting go, if I let it happen, poops will just "slide right out" without me even having to push. Even more interesting though, if I choose to hold it back, I've noticed just how long it takes until my body is hit with the urge to go again. Sometimes it might be 1-2 hours before I need to go once again, and I almost always have more trouble trying to eliminate the second try. It's crazy how badly and for how long we can back ourselves up when we hold it like that... 

Thank you for the update!

I've a semi random question -- I'm wondering if you developed any tailbone pain during the untraining? Or if that is just... me... I ask because mine started at some point after I started untraining and I know it takes pelvic floor therapy to fix it, but it could have just been coincidence.

I love the updates! Keep them coming!  It’s such an amazing and complex emotion when you go without a diaper and your pants just somehow end up wet.  As I’m sure you’ve noticed, real incontinence doesn’t feel like anything other than you tried to stay dry and yet somehow it didn’t happen.  At least that’s my experience. 

On 8/15/2022 at 5:58 AM, BabyBoi91 said:

Figured I would I would post an update since it’s about 5 years since I’ve been wearing 24/7 with occasional brief breaks and about 3-4 years since I fully committed to untraining:

I found it really interesting to hear from somebody who is a year or two further down the road than I am.  Thanks!

I’m currently in month 41 of uninterrupted 24/7 and to be honest, I’m a little surprised at the lack of daytime progress.  Whilst I have range and urgency issues (if I try to hold pee which I almost never do) to the extent that many things would not be practical without me being diapered, there have been very few incidents of daytime control lapses.  Maybe just here and there I’ve noticed myself wetting and can’t recall authorising the event but it’s uncertain.

At night I’m an unreliable bedwetter now.  I drift in and out of bedwetting from week to week although I’ve been sleep wetting pretty solidly for the last several days with only one “dry” night.

I’d be interested to hear about where you were back at month 41?  It might give me some insight as to whether or not I’m actually on-track toward dependency or wasting my time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds great.  My perfect diaper depends goals is a combination of little control at time whial having none at other times .  The your just not quite ready for potty training stage.  So goal one 100% bedwetter.  Goal dimished day time control.  Basically urge incontinence. I can hold it for a little bit then it becomes impossible or to uncomfortable to hold it 15 to 30 min. Max.  Would also love to loose compleat control whenever I get distracted from laughing or startled.   I like knowing I need to pee but it just isent practice to try yet

• Like 1
On 8/15/2022 at 12:19 AM, Kif said:

Thank you for the update!

I've a semi random question -- I'm wondering if you developed any tailbone pain during the untraining? Or if that is just... me... I ask because mine started at some point after I started untraining and I know it takes pelvic floor therapy to fix it, but it could have just been coincidence.

I have not . Maybe see your doctor about that cuz I’m not sure if that’s related to pelvic floor ? It could be other things too. 

• Like 1
On 8/14/2022 at 4:03 PM, FreeFlowin said:

Thing is, I feel a lot of your average hypnotherapists out there wouldn't be very friendly to the interest, so I haven't gone around asking anyone yet. If you can gimme any pointers, lemme know!

I found someone through abdl related site and I don’t have their contact info anymore or else I would recommend them!

However, there are websites with kink / abdl aware hypnotherapists / hypnotists out there .  I think consulting with one , explaining your goals and seeing how they believe they can help / asking if they have helped others with similar goals , etc. 

another thing to talk about is “hang-ups” as well as goals that you may have yourself. Sometimes an objective person can even help you find or reword things you’re thinking a little bit more accurately. i think that was one of the biggest things for me was getting that chance to really talk with someone through some of my own thought processes. I think this may be why some of the more successful people have also been able to talk about their goals with a supportive therapist / psychologist — even outside of the hypnosis aspect. the hypnotherapist I worked with even said that 90% of the “clinical work” we were going to do would be outside of hypnosis. 

another big thing he did was help me see where I was already reaching my goals, but where I denying myself that success. And I think that is actually a really big deal. We talk all the time about how the conscious mind will try to rationalize or intellectualize as a “defense.” But he helped me reframe that to understand WHY. That are minds or bodies do that because they aren’t ready for a change. So, he helped me reframe things from a perspective of “if you really want this change , then 1) what are your biggest doubts or concerns about this change ? And 2) has this change already happened and you’re rewording that change / rationalizing / intellectualizing / in denial .” 

i think I tend to be especially guilty of the latter where I like to reword things as “oh I’m noticing the beginning of change” or “well, I had an accident but it was only cuz I coughed” or “well, my pants were were wet but … what if….”  Or “well how do I know….”  The hypnotherapist basically reframed it all as — ‘you’re describing things that people with incontinence deal with. People with medical issues go through these same kinds of questions , they rationalize, they deny things are happening. so what you really need is help accepting that are incontinent because that’s what you want .’

and I think when I noticed myself regaining “some bowel control,” it was kindof some of that same rationalization.  My mind still trying to process some “what ifs” and more recently I was able to break through all that and see “oh wait, I’m still having plenty of accidents: I just had one the other week. It’s more I just need/want to accept I’m fully incontinent and don’t have to worry about this so much and just handle it responsibly.” 

so yeah, Recommend seeking out some kink friendly hypnotherapists online as a place to start. 

On 8/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, oznl said:

Whilst I have range and urgency issues (if I try to hold pee which I almost never do) to the extent that many things would not be practical without me being diapered, there have been very few incidents of daytime control lapses.  Maybe just here and there I’ve noticed myself wetting and can’t recall authorising the event but it’s uncertain.

I don’t know that I tracked my months . I think everyone is different . The one thing I would just say is : if you’re goal is urinary incontinence, then great ! Having urge issues and even noticing “oh hey , I think it may be coming out and I didn’t really “try”” are both types of urinary incontinence. 

i don’t usually have issues with “urge” anymore because on the occasions I do sense an urge I try to relax and just let go. More commonly, urine just comes out without me telling it to. Especially when lying down—which is supposedly a sign that the internal sphincter muscle is weak not just pelvic.

another big thing he did was help me see where I was already reaching my goals, but where I denying myself that success. And I think that is actually a really big deal. We talk all the time about how the conscious mind will try to rationalize or intellectualize as a “defense.” But he helped me reframe that to understand WHY. That are minds or bodies do that because they aren’t ready for a change. So, he helped me reframe things from a perspective of “if you really want this change , then 1) what are your biggest doubts or concerns about this change ? And 2) has this change already happened and you’re rewording that change / rationalizing / intellectualizing / in denial .”

This is a very interesting point to me as I'm fairly sure that I'm guilty of this crime.  I'm forever rationalising away any evidence of lapsed continence as being something else.  I do this almost reflexively generally in my life:  I'm the best defense lawyer going for avoiding getting convicted of success ?  Do you think your recognition of this materially changed anything in terms of physiological outcome or was it more about "owning" the success you'd had to date?  I have a fairly scientific way of viewing things so I'm always going to focus on what might produce objectively measurable results rather than what might make me feel better.

i don’t usually have issues with “urge” anymore because on the occasions I do sense an urge I try to relax and just let go. More commonly, urine just comes out without me telling it to. Especially when lying down—which is supposedly a sign that the internal sphincter muscle is weak not just pelvic.

That's interesting.  The pseudo-incontinent "drip and dribble" zone I've talked about almost invariably arises in the supine position only.  Laying in bed in the morning in my wet night nappy, I can often put myself into the zone whereby I continue to "auto-wet" in small drips and spurts for extended periods of time.  It stops when I get up however.

15 minutes ago, oznl said:

Do you think your recognition of this materially changed anything in terms of physiological outcome or was it more about "owning" the success you'd had to date?

There were 100% definitely changes to how my body functioned. Like I could tell, family could tell. I was (and still am) very happy with the results.

I think working through some that stuff is what, for me, gave such a magnitude of effect for the hypnosis. 

• Thanks 1

This is good for me, I appreciate the comments as I am starting to "unpotty train.  I only wish uncontrolled urination.  So far I still have to "let it go" but I hope to eventually get to where it just happens.  Sometimes I feel the urge and it starts without my letting it.  But I want it to just happen and my feeling the wet diaper at some point.