LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Shoe tying

O couple months a go I was witness a scene when guy was tying his girlfriend's shoe. I momentaly remembered times when I was young and can't tie properly my own shoes and always someone adult must do it for me. I remember one scene from movie "Face off" with Travolat&Cage when Cage tie shoes his brother and treated him like kid. This two scenes fits very well to ABDL. Do you have same filling?

• Brajan32 changed the title to Shoe tying
  • 1 month later...

I'd love to get to where I can manage without laces, or rely on Mummy to tie them for me.  It's not really practical just now though - I'm in walking boots or shoes a lot of the time, & I need to remain capable of tying laces.  I've tried teaching Mummy how to tie laces so they don't come undone again, but she's not got there yet! My summer sandals are velcro though.

• 2 weeks later...

Warning- rant coming

Learning to tie my shoes was the bane of my existence for most of the from 5 until 7 years old when my dad decided to teach me.  It took forever, and even after- I sucked at it  I knew how to do it, but they always came undone.    

From about 7 to 9 I had a good few years until some a-hole tried to make me write in cursive.  That horror lasted until 10th grade when I decided "F-it, I'm never writing in cursive anymore."  I printed, which still sucked, but less than my damn cursive.  And then GOD created word processors, and II only have to sign my damn name now.

BTW- during all of F-ing time, my shoelaces kept untying themselves, and I hated tying those SOBs for the next 40 years.  And double knots are just as much a PITA, because they are so damn hard to untie. 

A few years ago I found no-tie shoe laces and liked them, and then Sketchers.  They don't even have laces- they are bleeping awesome.   I've never buying anything else.

If I could go back to my 4-year-old self when I was still learning how to pee in the potty, I would tell myself to just stop.  This is just setting you years of misery.  Once they think you can do this, they will want you to tie your own shoes, and then you will have to write cursive.  It's 49 years later. I haven't written in cursive for years, I don't tie my damn shoes, and I no longer pee in the potty.

• Like 1

I never managed to get shoe tying down I now 50 and can remember my parents trying to tech me 

in the end thy gave up and when I started school thy tried to do the same up till secondary school after p e my teacher would tie them

after that I was aloud to wear slip on trainers and Velcro shoes 

now I still do but if I wear tie shoes thay are pre tied and I slip them on 

I also had a hard time learning to tie my shoes. I actually learned to pin on my own cloth diapers before I learned to tie my shoes.

• 2 months later...

Tying my own shoe laces was a struggle for me, i always prefered velcro sandles over sneakers. i remember my father, who insisted that i know to tie my own shoes before starting my school years, i remember the frustration he displayed as he tried every trick in the book, rabbit ears, a close up demonstration, guiding my hands. i just wouldn't get it. it happened to be that at that moment in time, spongebob also had a problem with laces. i learned to tie my shoes from the jingle and shoe tying montage

"You gotta take a lace in each hand
You go over and under again
You make a loop de loop and pull
And your shoes are lookin' cool!"

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Interestingly, I wear Sperry Top Siders so I don't need to tie my shoes. They are nice shoes and I feel very, very cute wearing them during the summer with my ringer tees and striped tees! ☺🙂. Plus everyone says "Those are Rue Rue's new shoes"! Makes me feel really special and cute!

Oh, just an FYI. I think the reason why I don't know how to tie my shoes well is because of my mild autism and have a hard time doing it for myself. I can do it for other people but not for myself. I taught my godson how to tie his shoes and still don't do it well myself. I think it is because of how I see it like in a mirror. Same with ties. I know the steps, but can't figure it out for myself, but as best man, tied my friend's tie on wedding day. Some things I just come to terms with. 

• Like 1
On 9/10/2022 at 11:26 PM, spark said:

Warning- rant coming

Learning to tie my shoes was the bane of my existence for most of the from 5 until 7 years old when my dad decided to teach me.  It took forever, and even after- I sucked at it  I knew how to do it, but they always came undone.    

From about 7 to 9 I had a good few years until some a-hole tried to make me write in cursive.  That horror lasted until 10th grade when I decided "F-it, I'm never writing in cursive anymore."  I printed, which still sucked, but less than my damn cursive.  And then GOD created word processors, and II only have to sign my damn name now.

BTW- during all of F-ing time, my shoelaces kept untying themselves, and I hated tying those SOBs for the next 40 years.  And double knots are just as much a PITA, because they are so damn hard to untie. 

A few years ago I found no-tie shoe laces and liked them, and then Sketchers.  They don't even have laces- they are bleeping awesome.   I've never buying anything else.

If I could go back to my 4-year-old self when I was still learning how to pee in the potty, I would tell myself to just stop.  This is just setting you years of misery.  Once they think you can do this, they will want you to tie your own shoes, and then you will have to write cursive.  It's 49 years later. I haven't written in cursive for years, I don't tie my damn shoes, and I no longer pee in the potty.

Amen brother! All I can cursive is my name, I hated it and saw no point in teaching something that everybody does so bad u can't read it. Yup and shoe tying caused a lot of knots, and put me in the woods and I always know what direction is N,S,E or W but ask me to snap an answer to Right or Left and I have to stop and think about it and probably get it wrong.

🧜‍♂️

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lil Leo said:

Amen brother! All I can cursive is my name, I hated it and saw no point in teaching something that everybody does so bad u can't read it. Yup and shoe tying caused a lot of knots, and put me in the woods and I always know what direction is N,S,E or W but ask me to snap an answer to Right or Left and I have to stop and think about it and probably get it wrong.

🧜‍♂️

I work in high school, and I love the responses I get when I ask students if they can read or write cursive.   Some do, because they still teach it, but they don't demand it be used anymore.   We had to use it, and then the teachers would get mad because they couldn't read it.

It took me a while to learn how to tie my shoes, but once I got it, I could do it easily  I remember that it was my dad who literally broke it down step by step in a way that I got it.  My problem has always been that I can keep those -----ers tied.  I've always been the guy who holds everybody up because his shoes came untied.

Left and Right has always been a problem for me as well.  I was once navigating for a friend on a road trip, and I would to turn right while pointing left- we needed to turn left.  He finally told me to just point, because  I always pointed the correct direction.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I take a bit longer to tie my shoes compared to my friends,, so I never tie my shoes! They are laced up and tied, but I tie them once and never again or wear shoes without real laces. 😊

• 2 weeks later...

My protruding tummy prevents me from tying shoes with ease so most of my shoes are velcro, I have a pair of winter boots that have shoelaces but also a zipper and velcro to close them up.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What do you mean tie my shoes? I can't even read yet! Lol, but nah, only shoes that have ties are my work ones, which are really just a nice black pair of filas with ankle support, they don't make work shoes my size.. I am still in size 5 to 6 boys.. thanks to a leg issue which affects my feet

• Like 2