LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh........COOL AIR CONDITIONING: she is on and keeping me cool

Good evening:

this week has been pretty warm- I'm glad that I was able to put in my air conditioner today. Every year, I have to have my brother Mike put it in the window, and he does it for both the living room and my bedroom period last week, he put in the air conditioner for the living room, which was an LG 8000 BTU unit - today, he put my 8000 BTU unit into my bedroom window.  Now that I have this done, the actual temperature in here is 68 degrees - it's a far cry from the outside temperature of 88 degrees Fahrenheit

Thank God that the landlord no longer charges me any extra electricity charge or anything like that to have it put in the window. It used to cost me $90 per air conditioner, so that means $90 a year for the AC's. Last summer, I was given a permanent medical waiver, so that I don't have to pay for anymore air conditioner install or electricity fees. Because of COVID-19, in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, my brother has put them in the windows, because the landlord was unable to do that. I'm glad that the Housing Authority allows for this, because I don't think that I would want to wait for a long period of time before I get my air conditioner put in the window. Because our family has owned rental property, we have experience putting these in the window, and so my brothers Michael and Daniel can do it very easily. Thank God for my brothers because they are awesome and they keep me pretty well stocked and set.

Every year, I have to take everything away from the window that's being chosen for the install, which is the far right window of my bedroom, and then after I remove everything near the window, I take a broom and sweep up all the dirt around my chair and under it, so that I can make sure the floor is clean. This time, I had to rewire all of my entertainment wiring, because I had wires that I couldn't figure out where they were coming from, so that I could hook them to The AV switch. Input 1 is the Blu Ray Player, Input 2 is the Nintendo switch, and Input 3 is my cable box. I had so much wiring sticking out that I had to retract some of it to make it look good and then I was able to put everything back into position after the air conditioner was installed. According to my air conditioner, it is cooling to a temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit, which is perfect for me, because I don't like it too hot. When we have weather over 80 degrees, you have to turn your air conditioner down a little bit if the temperature goes up so that you don't end up overheating. Ambient temperature in my room right now is 71 degrees Fahrenheit thank the Lord for my air conditioners!

This project took me about 3 hours: had to make sure that I was not missing anything when I got done, and had to make sure that everything was hooked up the way it was after I was finished period now, when going to bed, I can turn the air conditioner on and leave it on at night and I won't have a problem because I will be comfortable unable to sleep well.

I have been unable because of the weather for the last three days, to be able to put the time and necessary to clean the area before putting the air conditioner in the windows. My brother will help me put it in if I clean the area around it, so that's what I did today. I am glad that I did it, so now I can relax in a nice cool bedroom.

Happy Sunday!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
word edits
  • Like 2

Yeah... we've hit 90+ the past 2 days.  Humidity can be killer in this area (almost as bad as it is down south), but hasn't been too bad (around 50% right now).   I agree - sucks to sleep in high temps/humidity.  It sucked when I was still at home because the house didn't have AC and I didn't get the luxury of a window unit. 

I just wish I had AC in my garage!   It gets hot in there working on the car.  I do have a big utility fan, but all it's doing is blowing the hot air around.

I have my own window a/c even though we have central air, so I can keep my bedroom colder than Mom likes for the rest of the house. I can't sleep unless it's blanket-cuddling cool in the room :)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I have my own window a/c even though we have central air, so I can keep my bedroom colder than Mom likes for the rest of the house. I can't sleep unless it's blanket-cuddling cool in the room :)

@DailyDi

do you like your room as cold as @spoonchicken does?  (Heavy Blankets on, 50 Degrees in the room?)

Brian

• Like 1

Air conditioning is a Godsend- I love having mine- I do not have central air but rather a room AC that is in a assigned slot- I was gifted a brand new AC back in 2016 after my old one was making too much noise and was louder than it should be- and it kept my apartment cool during the days when we were in the upper 80s before the cold front came through yesterday.

Air conditioning is so great to have when you do not have the ability to deal with the heat all that well- as I do not deal with heat well as I have had issues in my life where if it was too hot- I would have trouble sleeping.

BabyChris

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

Good evening:

this week has been pretty warm- I'm glad that I was able to put in my air conditioner today. Every year, I have to have my brother Mike put it in the window, and he does it for both the living room and my bedroom period last week, he put in the air conditioner for the living room, which was an LG 8000 BTU unit - today, he put my 8000 BTU unit into my bedroom window period now that I have this done, the actual temperature in here is 68 degrees - it's a far cry from the outside temperature of 88 degrees Fahrenheit

thank God that the landlord no longer charges me any extra electricity charge or anything like that to have it put in the window. It used to cost me $90 per air conditioner, so that means $90 a year for the ACS. Last summer, I was given a permanent medical waiver, so that I don't have to pay for anymore air conditioner install or electricity fees. Because of COVID-19, in 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022, my brother has put them in the windows, because the landlord was unable to do that. I'm glad that the Housing Authority allows for this, because I don't think that I would want to wait for a long period of time before I get my air conditioner put in the window. Because our family has owned rental property, we have experience putting these in the window, and saw my brothers Michael and Daniel can do it very easily. Thank God for my brothers because they are awesome and they keep me pretty well stocked and set.

Every year, I have to take everything away from the window that's being chosen for the install, which is the far right window of my bedroom, and then after I remove everything near the window, I take a broom and sweep up all the dirt around my chair and under it, so that I can make sure the floor is clean. This time, I had to rewire all of my entertainment wiring, because I had wires that I couldn't figure out where they were coming from, so that I could hook them to The AV switch. Input one is the Blu Ray Player, input 2,is the Nintendo switch, and input 3 is my cable box. I had so much wiring sticking out that I had to retract some of it to make it look good and then I was able to put everything back into position after the air conditioner was installed. According to my air conditioner, it is cooling to a temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit, which is perfect for me, because I don't like it too hot. When we have weather over 80 degrees, you have to turn your air conditioner down a little bit if the temperature goes up so that you don't end up overheating. Ambient temperature in my room right now is 71 degrees Fahrenheit thank the Lord for my air conditioners!

this project took me about 3 hours: had to make sure that I was not missing anything when I got done, and had to make sure that everything was hooked up the way it was after I was finished period now, when going to bed, I can turn the air conditioner on and leave it on at night and I won't have a problem because I will be comfortable unable to sleep well.

I have Ben unable because of the weather for the last three days, to be able to put the time and necessary to clean the area before putting the air conditioner in the windows. My brother will help me put it in if I clean the area around it, so that's what I did today. I am glad that I did it, so now I can relax in a nice cool bedroom.

Happy Sunday!

Brian

So Brian does your brothers install those air conditioning units for free for you buddy?!?????? That's VERY nice of them if they DO! ????????♥️?♥️?☺️?????????☺️♥️??

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BabyChris121675 said:

Air conditioning is a Godsend- I love having mine-

hear-hear!! 

i live in an old house, so i have to use window units. we have 3 going right now - a big 12K+ to cool the first floor, a 8k for the bedroom that we keep around 68* at night (70-72 or warmer when we're not at home), and an old 5K for the guest room we keep at a steady 73*. we have a fourth one for the last room, but we haven't put it in yet. the three in tandem help keep the upstairs cool. eventually we need/want to replace the last two old ones that came with the house, and get one or two more, depending on what we want to do with the rest of the house.

• Like 1

We live in a house built in 1903. No air conditioning at all. I don't want to pay for the electric not to mention the cost of the air conditioners so we just use open windows lol.

Hugs,

Freta

13 hours ago, diaperguy85 said:

hear-hear!! 

i live in an old house, so i have to use window units. we have 3 going right now - a big 12K+ to cool the first floor, a 8k for the bedroom that we keep around 68* at night (70-72 or warmer when we're not at home), and an old 5K for the guest room we keep at a steady 73*. we have a fourth one for the last room, but we haven't put it in yet. the three in tandem help keep the upstairs cool. eventually we need/want to replace the last two old ones that came with the house, and get one or two more, depending on what we want to do with the rest of the house.

Before our current house we lived in an old two-story with no central air. We had window unites in the bedrooms upstairs but nothing downstairs. The temperature difference was unbearable downstairs so we spent most of the time upstairs, as did the cats.

11 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

We live in a house built in 1903. No air conditioning at all. I don't want to pay for the electric not to mention the cost of the air conditioners so we just use open windows lol.

Hugs,

Freta

That may work in Kansas, but in Alabama I'd die. I'm really heat sensitive too which doesn't help.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

So Brian does your brothers install those air conditioning units for free for you buddy?!?????? That's VERY nice of them if they DO! ????????♥️?♥️?☺️?????????☺️♥️??

@Jesse The BabySpiderBoy

If I were to go by the "book", the landlord is supposed to install them, and then they would BILL us:  They used to charge me $90/year "Extra Electricity charge" to have them in the windows and it used to be $140/year, because they would tack on a $20 "install fee" - Several years ago, we found out through the Landlord, that they can ONLY charge a ONE TIME FEE of $90 - This is to accommodate windows that are differing shapes and widths.  What they do, is measure your AC Unit, and the window opening that they need to place it into.  Then they CUT a piece of either Plexiglass OR Lexan Sheets to FIT that specific window, so that it will always fit correctly.  The plexiglass stays with you, and you use that plexiglass to install it in the selected window.  The ONLY time they can charge you for another One Time fee, is if you need another piece cut to fit a different window.  (They charge a fee for the "extra electricity" that it would cost them - $45 for each AC, and I had 2:  so its $90 per season)

The windows in all but 2 of our Housing Authorities  properties are standard windows, and @FretaBWethaving a house that old, knows that these windows can be a pain.  This building used to be the Local Hotel, so thIs was back in the  30's-60's, and in 1970, this building was converted to Elderly Housing, and in the 1995 addition of Accessible Units, that means that the Disabled can also live here.

Mike and Dan have PUT IN my air conditioners, and they have done it since 2016 or so on and off, but NOW that Covid hit in 2020, my brothers have done it from 2019 ON.  One time, someone gave my brother Dan a bunch of crap about HIM putting it in instead of housing, and he said "It's HOT in here, and YOU are NOT gonna sit in  the house with it this HOT:  I AM putting them in, I am NOT gonna leave you like this, that is BS" :)  When I said "Landlord's NOT gonna like it" He said "Screw that:  They wanna challenge me, I'll take care of that":  he also paid my fees once, cause he does NOT want me to overheat: NO ONE is gonna mess with me:  If they do, and they agree with me, they will have to deal with ME AND my BROTHERS! hhehheheeh

We Guys take care of each other:  If I can do something using my skills for THEM, I will help them, if THEY can help me using their skills for ME, they will do it.

My Brothers had to install AC's last 2 years, because NO ONE would respond to put them in/remove them because of the Pandemic:  Now, we are being served as close to normal as possible ;)

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
word edits
  • Like 1

I have a heat pump/ AC.

I turn on AC when its gets warm, but usually I just take off clothes and just sit in my diaper.
Its 75 F in here now, but I prefer it around 69F.
Since I haven't eaten much today, my body ain't that warm, so a solution to save money, is to not eat, then body gets colder.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Dubious said:

I have a heat pump/ AC.

I turn on AC when its gets warm, but usually I just take off clothes and just sit in my diaper.
Its 75 F in here now, but I prefer it around 69F.
Since I haven't eaten much today, my body ain't that warm, so a solution to save money, is to not eat, then body gets colder.

We "have" a heat pump, but it is useless against the summer heat here. Even the people who sold it to us don't recommend them anymore.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

We "have" a heat pump, but it is useless against the summer heat here. Even the people who sold it to us don't recommend them anymore.

It functions as a AC during the summer, can cool down to 16 Celsius, 61 F.
It has been 40 outside (104F) and 21 inside (69F)

All units sold in Norway are combi units.  Mine is 10+ years old.

• Like 1
On 5/22/2022 at 5:09 PM, DailyDi said:

Same at my mom's house. She shuts the central air off at night, so I use a window unit in my room.

21 hours ago, Dubious said:

It functions as a AC during the summer, can cool down to 16 Celsius, 61 F.
It has been 40 outside (104F) and 21 inside (69F)

All units sold in Norway are combi units.  Mine is 10+ years old.

I have a three-zone system that functions as A/C and heat pumps, but I also have a condensing boiler for the really cold weather (cast iron radiators--92-year-old house).

On 5/23/2022 at 11:39 AM, DailyDi said:

That may work in Kansas, but in Alabama I'd die. I'm really heat sensitive too which doesn't help.

that's the curse/scourge called humidity! out west humidity isn't a big thing, but in the south and east coast at least (i havent been to the west coast, so i don't really know) humidity reigns with a cruel fist! it can be 75* outside and if it's humid you seriously reconsider going anywhere, including work! 

...God, i hate humidity...

• Like 1