LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

That's not enough

12 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Had to do a "get everything" grocery order as the house was bare, I swear $400 worth of groceries doesn't look like $400 worth of groceries anymore!

How often do you go grocery shopping, does your food go bad often? My wife and I go shopping about once a week, usually a week of groceries is about $50, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. We find if we buy for more than a week's worth of food, a lot of it ends up going bad. Since we started doing this we have saved trips to the store and also money.

Keep in mind this is basically groceries for 1 as I don't eat. So the pricing per-month actually is around what you're paying for 2 people, assuming it's a month's worth of groceries that you bought.

19 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Why??

because you are basically paying for the name. we buy store brand when we can, store brand beans,  ketchup, various other things that are just as good.

19 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

Then why ENCOURAGE people to buy their STUPID crap anyway?!?????????☺️? It's NOT like you're making BANK off of it! LOL!??????

i use to work as a bagger for winn dixie, from my experience the store dont really get much if anything back for sending back store brand that dont sell, so it gets wasted if its expirable, and there is probably some ego thing there, "im a company and my own shit sells better than you name branders hahaha", i figure if its just as good, save some cash and get the cheapy stuff.

9 hours ago, kasarberang said:

How often do you go grocery shopping, does your food go bad often? My wife and I go shopping about once a week, usually a week of groceries is about $50, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more. We find if we buy for more than a week's worth of food, a lot of it ends up going bad. Since we started doing this we have saved trips to the store and also money.

Keep in mind this is basically groceries for 1 as I don't eat. So the pricing per-month actually is around what you're paying for 2 people, assuming it's a month's worth of groceries that you bought.

you dont eat?

5 hours ago, Dubious said:

I save a lot of money by not buying meat.

I sometimes splurge on hot dogs. 

*sees the word hot dogs* eek!! *runs away*

• Like 1
9 hours ago, kasarberang said:

We shop weekly. There was a good amount of non-food items for the house and ingredients for meals.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, feralfreak said:

because you are basically paying for the name. we buy store brand when we can, store brand beans,  ketchup, various other things that are just as good.

i use to work as a bagger for winn dixie, from my experience the store dont really get much if anything back for sending back store brand that dont sell, so it gets wasted if its expirable, and there is probably some ego thing there, "im a company and my own shit sells better than you name branders hahaha", i figure if its just as good, save some cash and get the cheapy stuff.

you dont eat?

*sees the word hot dogs* eek!! *runs away*

WHAT?! What do you mean you DON'T like hot dogs?! what's wrong with you, are you even American?!?!?! LOL! Why, just last night I went to this place called shotzee's bar and grill! And they have like the BEST chili dogs and hot dogs.????? they're to DIE for!???☺️? And they have like the BEST fries!????? And I had some kind of cocktail.?? I DON'T remember what the name of it was, but it was pretty sweet.????☺️?? it was peach flavor.???? It was ACTUALLY VERY GOOD!

And to answer your other question, yes! @kasarberang can't eat. He was born without his stomach and has to get nutrition through IVs. All he can eat is soup and drink soda.????? He likes to watch his wife eat though, because it's the concept of eating that he has fun with. LOL!??????

And as far as name brand goes, that sounds VERY easy to sell. You could just slap a name on it and it sell like hotcakes. Case and point, Trump steaks. All he has to do is slap his name on it, and it sells like butter. LOL!??????????????

5 hours ago, feralfreak said:

you dont eat?

We always buy store brands, saves so much money and there's often no difference from the name brand, a lot of the times they're made by the exact same people. Or the generic store brand just gets the "imperfect" bits that the store brand would otherwise throw out.

Yeah, I don't eat, I get central line I.Vs (TPN specifically) to substitute. The condensed version is that my digestive system doesn't work, I simply can't digest food. It's gotten a little better as I've got older, but I still don't digest nearly enough to survive. Also I never learned how to eat, since my family saw it as a useless skill to learn, since well, I can't digest and have a sensitive stomach. So, even if I wanted to start eating I'd have to do a bunch of physical therapy for something that honestly doesn't sound very appealing to me.

3 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

And to answer your other question, yes! @kasarberang can't eat. He was born without his stomach and has to get nutrition through IVs. All he can eat is soup and drink soda.????? He likes to watch his wife eat though, because it's the concept of eating that he has fun with. LOL!??????

Not technically true, I have a stomach, it just doesn't digest as well as everyone else's.

Also saying the only thing I can eat is soup and drink soda is also incorrect and implies that somehow I can digest those things specifically. But it's more like because those things are liquid and don't require chewing (a skill I never developed) I can get them down my throat without gagging/throwing up. I can also eat icecream for the same reason, but It's very rare that I'm in the mood for icecream.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

Not technically true, I have a stomach, it just doesn't digest as well as everyone else's.

Also saying the only thing I can eat is soup and drink soda is also incorrect and implies that somehow I can digest those things specifically. But it's more like because those things are liquid and don't require chewing (a skill I never developed) I can get them down my throat without gagging/throwing up. I can also eat icecream for the same reason, but It's very rare that I'm in the mood for icecream.

You can eat ice cream?!???? I always THOUGHT you couldn't buddy?? Also, does that mean that you ACTUALLY COULD develop the skill to chew food, EVEN if you couldn't digest it very will? Also, If they came up with technology to give people new stomachs, could you ACTUALLY get one implanted in you?!??????????

2 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

You can eat ice cream?!???? I always THOUGHT you couldn't buddy?? Also, does that mean that you ACTUALLY COULD develop the skill to chew food, EVEN if you couldn't digest it very will? Also, If they came up with technology to give people new stomachs, could you ACTUALLY get one implanted in you?!??????????

I can eat anything that does not require you to chew (I can't digest it though.). so any drinks/liquids or really smooth things like icecream or yogurt or whipped cream.

There is a transplant that I could get in order to eat, but I have no interest, and I'm doing so well that my doctors don't think it's worth the risk of the surgery. It's not a stomach issue, it's an intestinal issue. I have intestinal failure. That's not super important though, but felt it worth mentioning.

I could develop the skill to chew, but because I have a horrid gag reflex (basically anything with a certain texture causes me to throw up.) that sounds very miserable.

It's like, "yeah, you could develop a skill to do this not very interesting thing. All you have to do is suffer months if not years in physical therapy while you consistently gag and throw up miserably, but at the end you might be able to eat something that you will get no functional benefit from at all. How does that sound?!?!?" Miserable, it sounds miserable. Why would I want to actively go out of my way to go through months if not years of misery, just so that I could eat food, which would then make me feel like garbage because it wouldn't digest, and I probably wouldn't like the taste anyway?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

There is a transplant that I could get in order to eat, but I have no interest.

WHAT?!?????? WHY?! That's AMAZING buddy!!!! That could REALLY fix your insides and allow you to eat. You could just take it slow with your body, an nibble at a time! LOL!?????????

2 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

WHAT?!?????? WHY?! That's AMAZING buddy!!!! That could REALLY fix your insides and allow you to eat. You could just take it slow with your body, an nibble at a time! LOL!?????????

I think you're focusing on the wrong part of my comment.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
51 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

Sounds like you are handling things the best way, and the way that's best for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Sounds like you are handling things the best way, and the way that's best for you.

Thanks, I'm glad that some people understand. I think people put more stock into the "value" of eating than there is to put in.

My quality of life would be so much lower if I could eat. Not to mention the hassle of a post-surgery life. (Not that my doctors would let me get this risky surgery anyway, since you know I'm doing so well without it, it'd be kind of silly to jeopardize that.)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kasarberang said:

Yeah, you're PROBABLY right buddy!???? Big hugs!!!!!?????♥️???♥️??☺️??

15 hours ago, Jesse The BabySpiderBoy said:

WHAT?! What do you mean you DON'T like hot dogs?! what's wrong with you, are you even American?!?!?! LOL! Why, just last night I went to this place called shotzee's bar and grill! And they have like the BEST chili dogs and hot dogs.????? they're to DIE for!???☺️? And they have like the BEST fries!????? And I had some kind of cocktail.?? I DON'T remember what the name of it was, but it was pretty sweet.????☺️?? it was peach flavor.???? It was ACTUALLY VERY GOOD!

And as far as name brand goes, that sounds VERY easy to sell. You could just slap a name on it and it sell like hotcakes. Case and point, Trump steaks. All he has to do is slap his name on it, and it sells like butter. LOL!??????????????

i like hot dogs, and i like fries, but im a bit gunshy on hotdogs after getting sick, it was either eating nothing but hotdogs for a couple weeks or that nasty stomache virus going around, not sure which one, since i didnt bother going to the doctor(i had something close to it a couple weeks before that, same thing, just eating hotdogs for about 2 weeks, both times of doing that, i didnt want to bother cooking, and i get tired of eating, i had to make myself even heat up those), id like to not end up tossing my cookies, shitting myself, hoping i could keep down even a mouthful of water again, so im laying off hotdogs for a while. we got some good places here, once in a while mom wants to go to the local diner we got, only 24/7 place in this area, across the river we got some good places too but we dont go to those very often, its been months on those. hey, if trump sold steaks, if we could afford it, we would buy them, and fire up the grill! or cook them in the slow cooker for beef stew.

12 hours ago, kasarberang said:

We always buy store brands, saves so much money and there's often no difference from the name brand, a lot of the times they're made by the exact same people. Or the generic store brand just gets the "imperfect" bits that the store brand would otherwise throw out.

Yeah, I don't eat, I get central line I.Vs (TPN specifically) to substitute. The condensed version is that my digestive system doesn't work, I simply can't digest food. It's gotten a little better as I've got older, but I still don't digest nearly enough to survive. Also I never learned how to eat, since my family saw it as a useless skill to learn, since well, I can't digest and have a sensitive stomach. So, even if I wanted to start eating I'd have to do a bunch of physical therapy for something that honestly doesn't sound very appealing to me.

ill have to remember your digestive issues when i am praying, did you handle formula ok when you was a baby?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

ill have to remember your digestive issues when i am praying, did you handle formula ok when you was a baby?

I did not, this is a genetic disorder that me and 2 of my siblings (now deceased) share. Both died from medical neglect. One died of liver failure, lead managed to get into one of the I.V medications we were getting, which was causing us both to die of liver failure. I only survived because I was older and had a slightly better immune system when they found out, but I was on my way out as well. The other died of starvation before I was even born, she was sent home from the hospital when she clearly was not well, she died before she even reached 2 months old.

I appreciate your prayers, but be mindful when you pray. Do not pray for me to be healed or anything like that, my life would be significantly worse if such a thing were to happen to me. Instead, pray for my condition to remain stable, as right now, I am living the absolute best life that I could live.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

I did not, this is a genetic disorder that me and 2 of my siblings (now deceased) share. Both died from medical neglect. One died of liver failure, lead managed to get into one of the I.V medications we were getting, which was causing us both to die of liver failure. I only survived because I was older and had a slightly better immune system when they found out, but I was on my way out as well. The other died of starvation before I was even born, she was sent home from the hospital when she clearly was not well, she died before she even reached 2 months old.

I appreciate your prayers, but be mindful when you pray. Do not pray for me to be healed or anything like that, my life would be significantly worse if such a thing were to happen to me. Instead, pray for my condition to remain stable, as right now, I am living the absolute best life that I could live.

God wont force a healing you dont want, im reminded of the story of Jesus healing a man that was lowered through the roof, from weak and hell to fully functional and legs as strong as a man that walked all his life, you could have more AND be happy.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, feralfreak said:

God wont force a healing you dont want, im reminded of the story of Jesus healing a man that was lowered through the roof, from weak and hell to fully functional and legs as strong as a man that walked all his life, you could have more AND be happy.

It's a bit more complicated than that. 100% of our income is because I am disabled. I am on disability and my wife works by taking care of me through a state program. And my disability doesn't just pay the bills either, but it allows my wife and I to spend all day every day together, and it's honestly wonderful. I view my disability more as a blessing than anything else. You don't understand, what I lose from my disability is far less than what I have gained. Honestly, I view eating as more of an inconvenience than anything. You get hungry, you have to deal with getting fat, managing nutrition etc. I can have as much of what I can eat as I want with no side effects, as my weight and nutrition is all dealt with for me. I have no hunger and I don't digest, so say drinking a bunch of soda has significantly fewer downsides than it would for anyone else.

When I was younger, I wouldn't have wished this disability on my worst enemies, but I blame a lot of that on my environment at the time. Now I can't imagine how horrible life would be without it.

Now am I saying life is without its hardships, but the good significantly outweighs the bad to the point that the bad is negligible to me.

23 minutes ago, kasarberang said:

It's a bit more complicated than that. 100% of our income is because I am disabled. I am on disability and my wife works by taking care of me through a state program. And my disability doesn't just pay the bills either, but it allows my wife and I to spend all day every day together, and it's honestly wonderful. I view my disability more as a blessing than anything else. You don't understand, what I lose from my disability is far less than what I have gained. Honestly, I view eating as more of an inconvenience than anything. You get hungry, you have to deal with getting fat, managing nutrition etc. I can have as much of what I can eat as I want with no side effects, as my weight and nutrition is all dealt with for me. I have no hunger and I don't digest, so say drinking a bunch of soda has significantly fewer downsides than it would for anyone else.

When I was younger, I wouldn't have wished this disability on my worst enemies, but I blame a lot of that on my environment at the time. Now I can't imagine how horrible life would be without it.

Now am I saying life is without its hardships, but the good significantly outweighs the bad to the point that the bad is negligible to me.

well if you are happy with it, then it sounds like God blessed you with what you wanted.

• Like 1

Welcome to a free, capitalist country where businesses can charge what they want and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I only voted for Biden because I hate spoiled brat wealthy capitalist pigs like Trump, but Biden isn't doing Ameria any favors.

As far as canned food, for one.  I remember over 45 years ago a big recall on canned mushrooms.  It affected 9 brands.  Does anyone really think that Walmart has 1000 different plants making each individual "Great Value" item they sell?  Likewise all the other chain stores?  Get real!  Just a few different plants makes most the generic and store brand items like mushrooms, canned corn, rice, paper towels and other things and distributes them to whatever big box corporation to sell with their own store labels.  That's why when there is a recall you will see them name several different brands.  They all come from the same plant.

Generally, generic or store name brands are much cheaper because you don't pay for advertising, but they also might not be as good as a name brand.  It's quite possible that a company like Green Giant or Freshlike pays extra for the better quality beans and farm produce, leaving the seconds to be sold at a lower price for generic or store brand labels.  That's not always the case.  I've bought frozen Birdseye green beans that had the stems on half the beans, and likewise frozen broccoli that was mostly stems with very few florets.  I've paid $1 for Great Value frozen broccoli at Walmart that was all florets and no stems.

There are many things that I buy that are the store names.  Sliced cheese, canned vegetables, cooking oil.  What can you do to cooking oil?  You fry your food in it and discard it!  I won't by the cheaper stuff for many things.  Mayonnaise, meat, paper towels, laundry soap and  other things because you can tell they just don't taste the same or are of cheap quality.  If I can save some here and there on the store brands where it really doesn't matter much, I can use that saving to get the name brands on the items where you can tell the difference. 

Jessie, I hope this and what others have said clears up your questions about why people buy store name or generic brands to save money where they can.  There is a reason why they are cheaper, often without any big difference in the product itself, but in some cases, going cheap isn't always the best.

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 11:22 AM, Spiderman said:

It is called the magic of inflation mikey.  The magic of inflation.

As a person who works in retail I have to say don't you dare encourage people to be couponers

Why NOT buddy?! Coupons are cheap, affordable, and SAVE you a TON of money!?????? The only downside is spending hours and hours and hours upon hours cutting them out and organizing them. But besides that, it's a pretty good deal. And I'm pretty SURE your food budget will thank you.??????♥️???

12 hours ago, BabyJeggySpideyBoy said:

Why NOT buddy?! Coupons are cheap, affordable, and SAVE you a TON of money!?????? The only downside is spending hours and hours and hours upon hours cutting them out and organizing them. But besides that, it's a pretty good deal. And I'm pretty SURE your food budget will thank you.??????♥️???

Too many people use coupons to buy stuff the don't need or want, but it was $1.00 off! You aren't saving money by buying food you don't eat. Or buying giant sized cans that half goes bad before you can eat it all.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Too many people use coupons to buy stuff the don't need or want, but it was $1.00 off! You aren't saving money by buying food you don't eat. Or buying giant sized cans that half goes bad before you can eat it all.

Sure, maybe a few people use coupons to buy something they may not need, but I don't know many.  I get coupons in the mail from a couple stores I shop at, and they are related to things I regularly buy.  These days they can keep track of what you buy and target you for coupons directed at those items to keep you coming back.  If I get a coupon for 50 cents off laundry detergent and I need it, what's wrong with using it to save some money?  If I get a coupon for spaghetti sauce and don't need it, I won't be using that coupon.  Bottom line is if you need an item and there is a coupon for it, why not save some money?

This is the other side of things.  How many times do you see a sign, 2 for $5 and buy two of them when you only need one?  That is the waste!  If you read the sign, unless it says you must get two in order to get the sale price, otherwise the cost is $3.69 each, you can just get one and it will charge you only $2.50.  That's where people end up buying too many of what they may not need at the time.  Unless it's a perishable item you can't freeze for later use, eventually you will use the extra one that you bought.  Who knows that with inflation buying two of one item on sale and storing it in the cupboard until a future date isn't saving you a lot of money.  Later when you need that extra item you'll already have it, it probably won't be on sale anymore, plus with inflation the cost per item may be higher than it was for the original price when you bought it, let alone that it was on sale.  Then take into account the cost of gas to run to the store and back for that one needed item, it saves you even more. 

• Like 1

I'm not saying using coupons is bad or that you shouldn't. What I am saying is that you need to pay attention to what you are buying. A lot of coupons have minimum or certain sizes to buy. Buying the larger size because you have a coupon and then throwing most of it away because it spoils before you can eat it all makes no sense. 

• Like 1