LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No! Not the good one!

You know that great pizza I've been bragging about getting on Friday night. Well the guy who makes it is retiring in 5 weeks! He sold the business and the new guy is going to "do his own thing" so the best NY pizza in Alabama is going away!

What great restaurants have you lost or you miss?

Chain-wise I miss Kenny Rogers Roasters, they had the best sides!

• Like 1

I miss a restaurant that was in a short walking distance, but it burnt down, and he didn't get permissions to rebuild it the way he wanted, so it never got built. 
They had the best pizza in town.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, DailyDi said:

You know that great pizza I've been bragging about getting on Friday night. Well the guy who makes it is retiring in 5 weeks! He sold the business and the new guy is going to "do his own thing" so the best NY pizza in Alabama is going away!

Mikey, what exactly do you mean by "do his own thing?"?? If he's going to continue the restaurant, they could still be a chance that the great pizza wouldn't go away.?☺️?

3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

I agree. Kenny Rogers was awesome and the sides where the best.

• Like 1

There was a great sub place where I lived that had some of the best I had and also a good pizza as well- sadly they closed because of a lawsuit over the name they used- rather than fight- they closed shop suddenly and I loved going there.  It is always sad when a favorite place closes down! 

BabyChris

• Like 1

G's Grill in Granite City was huge staple in my home town. It was next to the Steel Mill, and was inside a gutted trailer. There for 20+ years and about 10 years ago, it go sold. It went through some changes but failed to maintain the same food and culture and it flopped sadly. now its gone. Another chicken restaurant that served fried chicken was Clucking Chicken and it was a great recipe for fried chicken. Their main cook whom 1/2 owner of the restaurant had a falling out with the other owner. The owner tried to hire other cooks and maintain the restaurant but it failed about 2 years after that.

• Like 1

My local diner was sold, and closed for about 6 months. The new owner had to fix somethings that were grandfathered/ignored by the local health inspector. Nothing dangerous, just some new fixtures, flooring, stuff like that. The new owner didn't change the menu, but started skimping, and cutting portion sizes. It's a bit disappointing as the previous family had owned it for over 60 years.

• Like 1

Chinese place called Happy House.  Great food and the owners used to close up for 3 weeks in July to go back to China for a vacation.  Place burned to the ground one day and they never reopened.  I think they just moved back to China.  I'm sure there are a few others I miss that I can't think of at the moment.

• Like 1

It sucks when you lose a good restaurant.  I think it's worse though, when a restaurant you love loses a good cook. 

I've got a place uptown that was killer, now it's just okay. 

A town just north of me had an awesome BnG place.  It was different everyday, but always good.  Something has changed. 

• Like 1

One of my FAVORITE restaurants that I ABSOLUTELY miss, is Taco Bueno.?????? I used to go there all the time as a kid. They had the best burritos, and now they're basically on life support, they're not gone totally but it's definitely not the way it used to be when I was a kid. they're a LOT better than Taco Bell in my opinion and it's just better quality food in general. If I was the President of the United States I would give Taco Bueno a billion dollars to stay funded and also I would build one right in my local area.???? LOL!??? And Daddy could take me there all the time and Daddy would ALWAYS get EXTRA burritos and tacos for his little man!???♥️??♥️?♥️?♥️?♥️?????????????????????????????????♥️????

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, le Hollandais said:

There was a great coffee/lunch place downtown where I used to meet some buddies for coffee on Tuesday afternoons. It's gone, now. The owner just couldn't hang on during the pandemic.

What an shame!??