LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Still sick

58 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

...and its back. Freezing cold and diarrhea :(

Oh God!???☹️?????? Hope you make a speedy recovery Mikey! Love you buddy!???♥️???♥️?

10 hours ago, feralfreak said:

are you sure you dont have low levels of electrolytes? you would be surprised what problems that can cause

Don't know. Been drinking gatorade.

Stay in bed as much as possible, keep warm and sweat it out if it might be a cold.  Orange juice and chicken soup.  You may need to go see a doctor or at least get some over the counter flu medicine.  I know you have been vaccinated for covid-19.  Have you had your booster?  Might be a good idea to get a free covid test if you can just in case.

Mikey I feel bad being the one to tell you this but Gatorade probably isn't healthy for you. It was designed for athletes that are at the peak of physical performance like football players. It is designed to replace electrolytes and vitamins lost through extreme physical activity. If you are mostly sedate they can easily throw off your electrolytes. Maybe try drinking one sugary drink per day and hydrate well with water the rest of the time. Trying this for a few days may save you some discomfort and a doctor's bill 

3 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

Mikey I feel bad being the one to tell you this but Gatorade probably isn't healthy for you. It was designed for athletes that are at the peak of physical performance like football players. It is designed to replace electrolytes and vitamins lost through extreme physical activity. If you are mostly sedate they can easily throw off your electrolytes. Maybe try drinking one sugary drink per day and hydrate well with water the rest of the time. Trying this for a few days may save you some discomfort and a doctor's bill 

The sickness predates when I started drinking gatorade, but I'll try it anyway.

7 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

i disagree STRONGLY with you. neither me or mom are very active, mom is less active than me, and her electrolytes have been known to drop, once they dropped so much that she had to go to the er for afib. this is usually prevented by drinking gatorade, it dont matter how the electrolytes are depleeted, just that they are, and need restored, i drink AT LEAST 1 per day(usually a 12 oz pepsi and a 32 ounce fountain drink, its the one high point of my day) and follow that fountain with an equal amount of water, so sometimes mine get low(last time i had a pain in my chest-clavicular region, couldnt get to sleep, lethargic, signs of low electrolytes), activity aint an issue, as i said it just matters that electrolytes are low, not how.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, FretaBWet said:

@DailyDi@FretaBWet@feralfreak @rusty pins

I agree with all of you. First of all, you should always try to keep warm when you’re sick. If you have some sort of viral thing going on, you want to be able to knock it out. Sometimes what happens is your body will be trying to fight something, and that is why your temperature goes up, it’s trying to burn up the bad stuff in your body, and sometimes your temperature can go up and down. The best thing to do when you’re sick is to keep the fluids going in, and make sure that you stay warm and comfortable. Not overly hot, but just enough so that you’re comfortable so that you don’t end up catching cold or shivering. If you get to the point where you’re shivering that means that your body is trying to help you warm up.

I also think that some sicknesses take longer than others to either show themselves at full force, or take time to get under control. Being sick sucks Mikey and I know that because I have been that way myself. All I can say is keep the chicken soup and all of the good liquids going in, and try your best to do what you need to do, but do not overdo it. If you do that, your body will overreact, or it will just flatly say “now here this Mikey is overworking: and then issued a shut down sequence, and you’re tired and you’re back in bed. Take it easy old friend ❤️?

third I also agree that this stuff has to do with electrolytes is also important. I’m not sure how good Gatorade is either, what I have heard is that most of it is salt, and other things that people need to restore electrolytes, but as they say I’m not sure exactly how healthy it is:  because as @FretaBWet says Gatorade is built for those who are engaging in sports, to give them electrolytes after they are expelling them at great amounts. Gatorade is basically made of sugar and electrolytes and and I believe it might even have a little bit of salt. It is designed to help you rehydrate after you engage in strenuous activities so that you can balance it out.  If Gatorade actually is good for people that need electrolytes, that’s cool, but I’m not even sure if the Gatorade they make today is Good for you because they make Gatorade “zero” and I’m not sure if that means they took all the sugar out of it or if they took all the coloring out of it, but it stands to reason that Gatorade is used to restore electrolytes: it just matters that you are depleting them and Gatorade is supposed to restore them.

i’m not sure about what else could be used to raise your electrolyte count. They make all of this stuff called Pedia sure, or Pedialyte, but I’m not sure if they make such an animal for adults. I’m assuming that you could put the electrolytes back that you’re losing, but in order for that to happen you would have to take care of your stomach problem so that you’re not vomiting all over the place: that is no fun and it is a pain in the ass.  When  you’re talking about Pedialyte, I don’t know if he would have to drink double the amount in order to put the fluids back in with the electrolytes, or if it would just work on your body as it is. But regardless of what you do, be careful of using Gatorade because I am not sure if Gatorade is all that healthy, although it can put electrolytes back in.

I also agree that you probably don’t want to have a large doctors bill at this point, but remember that your main objective is to get better so that you can continue to do what you’re doing. Sounds like you’re doing well with your diet, just take it easy take it slow, and get better first. I’m pulling for you man!

Good Luck!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Removed errant image in post
  • Like 1

Still sick today, argh. If I'm not better by the time we get the car back I'll go to the doctor's office.

Yes I've had my covid shots and boosters, as well as a flu shot.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, DailyDi said:

Still sick today, argh. If I'm not better by the time we get the car back I'll go to the doctor's office.

Yes I've had my covid shots and boosters, as well as a flu shot.

missing-you-sending-virtual-hugs.gif.d0328ceab373fbb708908f7c8957dadf.gif

• Like 1

I feel really bad today. Stomach hurts, nausea, little dizzy and freezing cold again. If I had the car I'd go to urgent care. Having a gingerale and going to buy some more crackers.

• Sad 2
33 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

I feel really bad today. Stomach hurts, nausea, little dizzy and freezing cold again. If I had the car I'd go to urgent care. Having a gingerale and going to buy some more crackers.

You definitely have something, that needs a doctor’s attention now. This seems to long a time to be suffering with a simple infection. I hope you can soon. The old days, the doctor would come out to you. Good luck, I hope you can feel better, sucks being sick. ?

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, AbabeBill said:

You definitely have something, that needs a doctor’s attention now. This seems to long a time to be suffering with a simple infection. I hope you can soon. The old days, the doctor would come out to you. Good luck, I hope you can feel better, sucks being sick. ?

@DailyDi

I would agree with @AbabeBill  you will probably have to go to the doctor quite soon, if this does not correct itself soon. Being sick does suck, and what I do is if I determined that there is a problem, I usually will go to the doctor after the third or fourth day. I have had friends of mine tell me “I wait too long to go to the doctor until it’s too late, and I feel like crap“ and then I hear people tell me “I always go to the doctor way too much, and you just have to let it happen“

If I don’t feel right or I don’t feel good at all, I would rather go to the doctor, and have him look at me, and make sure that there’s nothing wrong with me. The one time that something didn’t feel right was when I lost my appendix. I had my family telling me that it’s not that bad, and that it’ll get better, just relax and keep drinking liquids. That sentiment would’ve been fine, the only problem is is that when I started injecting white stuff, then I started worrying, and I said “I’m coming in and I’m not gonna be feeling good so be prepared: you won’t believe what you see when you see me“ when I finally went into the doctors And I was sitting in my chair waiting for him, I was burning up with low-grade fever, but it wasn’t as bad as a normal fever where I would know the difference, because it was just barely below 100°. When the doctor saw me, he asked me a question, and I was so weak I almost fell out of my wheelchair onto the floor. The doctor caught me before I hit the floor and actually put me back in my wheelchair, then had me examined on the table, and he started from the left side and did palpitations to figure out where I hurt and when he hit my right side right above my belt, I let Out a Yeeeeeeeeowch”  Doctor then says, “yup appendicitis, call the hospital:” and then he started checking the rest of me, then called in three nurses, and started giving them orders and use the word “stat “which means now – I knew I was in trouble when he started saying stuff like that, but he told me he would take care of me, and I owe that man A lot because he saved my life: if I had waited any longer, I would’ve been dead and mom or dad or someone on my family would’ve found me on the floor.

Lesson I learned is that you don’t want to wait too long when you don’t feel well. It’s one thing if you wait three or four days, and then say “I feel like garbage I’m going to the doctor“. It is quite another if you wait too long, and then you’re in agony, and it might be something worse. When people tell me that I “go to the doctor all the time “I tell them “well, at least I know what is not wrong with me, and if there is I’ll know about it because I’ll check for it“. Have a good relationship with my doctor, so there shouldn’t be an issue: there was one time that I didn’t feel well, and One of his receptionist pick up the phone, and talk to me: the receptionist didn’t like the way I sounded, and it sounded like it was really bad, so they ended up transferring me to a nurse, and Dr. Curchin heard me on the phone: he told the receptionist that he was standing behind you “have him come up here right now“ he doesn’t look good.

i’m pulling for you Mikey and I know that being sick sucks: I was sick for over two months with this really bad cold during the first part of the year, and it sucks when the weather changes to, as it does now, because the weather can be 30°, and then it is 40° then it goes to 50° and then the next thing you know, it’s down to 30 for about a week then it goes up to 70° – what a roller coaster! If the weather would decide to stay at one temperature during the day and one temperature during the night, I would think that my allergies wouldn’t be so bad, but that’s not the way weather works: in Vermont the saying is “if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes, because it usually changes really fast“

Good Luck MIkey ???

Brian

• Like 2

Well, I didn't get sick after dinner last night and I feel a bit better today, so hopefully I'm on the end of this ride. You know what that means: TACOS!

Just kidding

Going to take it easy for a couple more days. Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. Checking in with my Doc is still an option once I get the car back.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Well, I didn't get sick after dinner last night and I feel a bit better today, so hopefully I'm on the end of this ride. You know what that means: TACOS!

Just kidding

Going to take it easy for a couple more days. Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. Checking in with my Doc is still an option once I get the car back.

It is Tuesday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
29 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Just kidding

@DailyDi

that is a smart move: you may end up feeling kind of yucky for a few more days, and even though you feel better, the best thing that you can do is to take it slow and easy because you don’t want to overdo it, and then make yourself overly tired, which drags you down. Hopefully your Jeep is not going to fail you again, and hopefully they will be able to find exactly what the problem is with your electrical system or whatever the deal is. If and when you get your car back, I would definitely go see the doctor, but if you continue to feel not like yourself, Would definitely make contact and at least TELL The doctor your symptoms and see what he thinks. Take it easy, drink more Gingerale and keep the water going in!

love ya man!

Brian

• Like 2
8 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Or ride your ass to the doctor, before someone ride's your ass to get to the doctor!

I get the car back Friday, I'll go then if still sick

• Like 1