LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Urge incontinence from untraining

For those who are untraining or already untrained, do you have urge incontinence, if so what is it like for you? 

For reference here’s a typical subjective urgency scale used in the medical field:

0: No urge 

1: Mild urge 

2: Moderate urge 

3: Severe urge

4: Desperate urge 

For instance, for me it’s I will have no sensation (0/4) of having to go 90-95% of the day. When I do feel the pressure it’s often ultra rapid and intense.  Typically I go from 0 to 4/4 in a matter of seconds.  Usually I’m on autopilot and suddenly notice a brief intense urge,  immediately followed by reflexive wetting.  I usually don’t notice 1/4 urgency because I can’t make my self go when it’s that low so I just filter out and the sensation doesn’t last that long.  If I pay close attention I can notice if I’m at a 2/4 urgency. If I stop paying attention I usually start peeing.  On the other hand, if I notice I’m at 2/4 and I try really really hard I can hold it for a few minutes, but by then the muscles are fatigued and the urge spikes to 4/4 and I promptly give up.  As a result  I dont typically feel 3/4 urgency, or if I do it’s fleeting. 

• Like 2

I definitely have this "problem". It comes with the territory of an out of contro

l sphincter.  Some days It can't be stopped and when it happens I never know the amount. It can get pretty uncomfortable when the urge just won't stop regardless of volume. Not my idea of fun.

Mostly a lurker here and not actually trying to unpotty train myself but I’ve been wearing 24/7 for 2 years. I’ve definitely noticed a rather sharp increase in urgency to pee, for myself I get the “I really need to pee” felling and actually only pee a rather small amount, I’d go as far to say that if I was going to just go back to normal underwear  I’d expect it to be rather unpleasant for a few days/weeks.

I have had these issues for many years now, although over the past 4 or so things have changed a bit with the onset of diabetes.  My urologist has told me that this is a normal symptom for me and expect it to worsen, so I guess it is something I will be dealing with as it progresses.  In my case, I try to get to a bathroom at the first sign of needing to go, say step 1 or 2, and have learned to sit to void as I try to totally relax too completely empty.  I wear pads all the time as well to catch any dribbles if I do not empty and as some level of protection if I don't find a restroom soon enough.  I have had a couple near accidents where the pad got soaked but was just adequate.  I fully expect to soon be in full diapers as with the nerve sensitivity gone due to my diabetes, and my prostrate issues (minor surgery already and heavy meds) my urologist has advised me to be prepared for this change coming my way.

• Like 1

I have Moderate urge incontinence and i'm kept in diapers permanently. When I air my diaper butt, I have to stay close to the bathroom or else i'm gona go

I'm not untraining but after I take my last diaper off after 3 days of wearing I feel the urge to pee for a day or so after. When I go to the bathroom my bladder has hardly anything in it. My age may have something to do with it though.

Quite a few people commented they will feel intense urge to go and yet only pee a little bit. It’s weird for me because I can  sort of sense if it’s going to be a big soaking or not, though that doesn’t always correlate with the urgency I experience.  So I guess I’m in the same boat.

On the bright side, the good thing about small wettings is that your diaper can absorb it more effectively than a flood. 

I have a weird sort of urge incontinence, due to my early days of diaper wearing.

I was afraid of leaks, so I would wear out and about, but I wouldn't wet until I was home, or almost home. Now whenever I get "home" I have a desperate urge to go, which I do. Oddly "home" is not just my home, but includes my mom's house that I never lived in. Mine rating is about a 2.5.

I did once see an article about this sort of incontinence. Women that wouldn't use public restrooms, effectively trained themselves to go when they got home, and eventually get to the point where whenever they get home, they are on the verge of wetting themselves.

I’ve noticed that most mornings when I get to the coffee maker I go from no sensation to wetting somewhere between my bedroom and the coffee maker. Urgency is about 2.5, but I realistically don’t have any useful control.

Similarly, my urgency tends to go from 0 to 3 when I get home from going out. Not that I ever use restrooms away from home: I guess I have effectively trained myself at this point.

• Like 2
On 3/14/2022 at 5:26 PM, Enthusi said:

For those who are untraining or already untrained, do you have urge incontinence, if so what is it like for you? 

For reference here’s a typical subjective urgency scale used in the medical field:

0: No urge 

1: Mild urge 

2: Moderate urge 

3: Severe urge

4: Desperate urge 

For instance, for me it’s I will have no sensation (0/4) of having to go 90-95% of the day. When I do feel the pressure it’s often ultra rapid and intense.  Typically I go from 0 to 4/4 in a matter of seconds.  Usually I’m on autopilot and suddenly notice a brief intense urge,  immediately followed by reflexive wetting.  I usually don’t notice 1/4 urgency because I can’t make my self go when it’s that low so I just filter out and the sensation doesn’t last that long.  If I pay close attention I can notice if I’m at a 2/4 urgency. If I stop paying attention I usually start peeing.  On the other hand, if I notice I’m at 2/4 and I try really really hard I can hold it for a few minutes, but by then the muscles are fatigued and the urge spikes to 4/4 and I promptly give up.  As a result  I dont typically feel 3/4 urgency, or if I do it’s fleeting. 

Thank you for posting this topic!! I've wanted to comment for awhile but haven't had the time until now!  I have wrestled with this as I'm almost four months into untraining.  My question has always been what happens to urge levels as you progress through the process, assuming at some level they would become less intense and possible closer to "No urge" as I went along. Others that are further along have and may chime into that hypothesis.

As to my experience, there are a number of different situations that I'll comment on, but I can't recall experiencing 4/4 in the last two months.  (Note, I may start tracking this as a statistic moving forward!)

1.  Overnight.  Generally when I wake up I would say I can feel a 2/4 or 3/4 if my body hasn't released on its own (which is still a rare occurrence).  It feels so good to return to a 0/4 as I allow the release.  The last week I've noticed I wake up and have a semi-erection, not nearly what it would have been earlier, but it is clear that my body is reacting this way to prevent release.  Not sure what to do about it, but that is when I feel them out significant urge.  I would rank this at a 3/4 as it is coupled with the discomfort of the erection as I'm trying to release.  It is not 4/4 because I compare my general urge level now to what I experienced before untraining and I have experienced nothing like the 4/4 I could experience if I was holding and really needed to go.  

2.  Sitting down.  I might get to a 2/4 while sitting before my body allows itself to release, whereas standing I rarely experience anything more than a 1/4.

3.  Hyrdration.  The more hydrated I am, generally everything above is reduced a notch, meaning I may feel a 1/4 before I release instead of a 2/4.

4.  Annoyance Scale.  I find I am increasingly annoyed at any discomfort ever more so than before I began.  I don't like the discomfort and I really appreciate the empty sensation more than I ever did before.  

5.  Anxiety increases my awareness of potentially needing to go, but I'm not sure it translates into a greater urge, but perhaps more awareness of whatever urge level I'm at.

Anyway, great topic and thanks for posting!