LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The economy and diapers

DailyDi

The economy and diapers  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How is the economy affecting your diaper life?

• I wear less often
    • I wear cheaper brands
    • I've switched to cloth
    • No difference
    • I'm rich, bitch!

26 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

The economy and diapers

Mikey, I LOVED all the choices you put for the answers! The "I'm rich, bitch!" one made me laugh SO hard!????????? It was hilarious!!!!!??????

• Haha 1

I wear once or twice a week and most of those diapers are lower end store brands I get at Goodwill.  A couple weeks ago I scored two packages of 4 tape Attends cloth backed diapers for $2.75 a package of 24.  That's less that $5 for almost 50 diapers.  I only wear premium diapers a few times a year when out of town shopping or running errands so I am not affected.  Even when I have to order another package of Betterdrys, it won't be a big deal even if I have to pay $10 more.  It tales me more than a year to go through one package of premium diapers. 

• Like 1

It’s made nod difference will still be wearing i proper ab diaper

than a medical one I just prefer them and because of that I bye then raver than get them off the Nhs

My activity is driven by mood, not economics, and yeah, I switch back and forth between cloth and disposables, so again, no real impact. But I can imagine the sticker shock I'll get when I do get around to ordering again.....YEEESH!!!??

Economic uncertainty, or uncertainty in general, makes me want to wear more, rather than less, although given I'm currently wearing all the time, there is no difference in my actual habits. I'm blessed that so far, diapers remain a relatively small line item in the budget, that I have not had to defend in discussions with my wife. She likes face creams and shoes, and is wary of unintended consequences... if austerity is to be our saviour, then, austerity for all!

If diapers ever got so expensive, or our income so curtailed, that reducing their cost became of vital importance, I guess I would have to get better at wearing cloth diapers. I think the "cost" of my going back to where I was mentally before I went 24/7 would be greater than the cost of running the dryer a lot. I've sent my family to other countries so that I could carve out a few days of diaper time, which is something that I no longer have to do. "I think going to (insert destination here) is a great idea, but is one week really enough? I can't take that much time away from work right now, but why don't you guys go for two weeks, and I'll come down and meet you...?" 

I'm incon so it's not a choice but I'm not looking forward to the steep price increase that's coming. It will make me look at where else to save.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently placed a large order with NorthShore Care, prices were up a tiny bit on a few items. But if your order is large enough you get free shipping. But prices are up on a variety of items that we need and use daily. It's a personal decision on what's best for you and your family, to some it's not an issue at all. But for others they may need to get less or sacrifice an item until the prices go down or learn to use or purchase a less expensive alternative.