LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

my thoughts on Gas Prices

4 hours ago, square_duck said:

Eat more beans.....free gas!!! ??

"beans, beans, good for your heart, the more you eat the more you FART, the more you FART, the better you feel, lets eat beans with every meal!" my late papaw use to say that, except its a bit misleading, if you are a diabetic its not good for your  heart because it raises the blood sugar, and i was told that high sugar makes the blood sticky, leading to blockages, so if you are a diabetic and eat beans better have your insulin handy.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:43 AM, square_duck said:

Trading oil puts!??? Why? Oil is going through the roof?!!!! I hope your puts are covered with a few calls, just in case.....good luck with that!!! But it seems to me you are on the wrong side of the trade....timing is off.

But this also depends on when you placed the order to go short....

Oil got over extended very fast- needs to pull back before it goes up more. Looks like it's doing that now so my puts should pay!

20 minutes ago, rusty pins said:

I've not been following this thread because there isn't much you and do about it.  Here are my thoughts. 

A lot of this has always been political for decades.  We buy oil from other countries, yet we sell other countries oil that we produce here in the USA.  Why?  Because when we sell our oil to another country, they sell us something we need that we either can't produce ourselves, or produce enough of.  It also helps us with the country we sell our oil to as they become more of a friendly country to us.  They need our oil, otherwise they might buy from a country unfriendly to the U.S.  That's why on the one hand it doesn't make sense to sell our oil to another country and then have to buy oil from somewhere else, but we do it to make good connections with other countries that could be on our side should things arise.

I also know that gas companies can control the prices.  When I came home from work the day the twin towers came down, the price of gas had almost doubled.  Greed and taking advantage of a disaster!  Fortunately President Bush put an immediate stop to that warning that price gouging on gas would not be tolerated.  We get 7% of our oil from Russia.  That can hurt but there are ways to conserve and produce our own oil or buy from other countries instead.  Cutting back on all the plastic grocery bags and going back to paper bags will save millions of gallons of oil used to produce plastic bags.

Lastly, I don't like the higher gas prices either.  No one does.  On the other hand, I wouldn't want to get into a war of any kind with Russia and have parts of our country wiped out by nuclear weapons.  That's why many countries will sanction Russia but aren't willing to send over troops, planes and bombers to attack.  Putin has proven to be a nut case and got himself into a mess he didn't think would happen.  He won't back down and he is destroying his own countries economy with all the sanctions.  We've been though this before and have endured.  I'd rather have a little more pain at the pump than make it a lot worse by getting into World War 3, especially since the biggest difference from World War 2 is nuclear weapons!  Look at what happened that finally ended World War 2.  The A Bomb that wiped out Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Who would want something like that to happen to us?

Since we get 7% of our oil from Russia but more than 30% of our wheat from Russia and Ukraine, I'm more worried about being able to get bread, flower and anything made from wheat and grains.  We have become a spoiled country over the past few decades.  We generally have anything and everything we want and if someone tells us we can't have something or have to do something different, many people scream, pout and rebel instead of coming together for a common cause.  Spoiled brats that suddenly can't have it their way anymore.  The recent protests with masking, distancing and vaccines for example proves this.  This situation isn't new, but the reactions of the people who have grown up in a society where they have always been allowed to buy what they want and do as they please is what's different.  In World War 2 sugar, butter, gas and food were rationed.  Anything made with metal or rubber was unavailable, including new tires for your bike or car.  Bike and car.  You were lucky if you had one because you couldn't buy a new one!  In order to get a bike or even travel you had to have special clearance and permission based upon your job that was vital to the war effort.  People came together to defeat Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito.  They scrimped, saved, donated every bit of scrap and rubber they could find in back allays (you think recycling is recent?)  There were meatless Tuesdays and people planted victory gardens to supplement their meager food.  We've come a long way since then, but the idea is back then people pulled together for a cause and did without.  Now we are so spoiled we can't see the entire picture of what could happen if a country like Russia starts taking over the world.  Will Poland be next?  The middle east where most oil is produced?  That is exactly what Hitler tried to do.  If Russia takes over and controls these other countries, how much per gallon do you think gas would cost, if we could even get it?  We only think of ourselves and whine and cry when something costs a bit more or we have to either wait longer to get it or we have to do without.  It could end up a lot worse if Putin is successful in any way.

Family owns a farm and I can say they(In Laws) are spooked by the market when it comes to fertilizers.

On 3/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, AwakenEvil said:

You good Sir are an asshole! Keep my foot out of it!??? Can't even believe you would give me that suggestion! You know when you to kick the tire and light the fire on this thing... It sucks semen out of Satan's nut sack and spits it down the injectors on a dragons tongue where it fly's out the tailpipe waking up every whore house and lost soul for 100 miles in every direction!

Lol, lol and then it gets passed on the highway by a minivan because it's geared for the quarter mile not the top end. You my friend need a 15 speed gearbox.

Hugs,

Freta

• Haha 1
54 minutes ago, FretaBWet said:

Lol, lol and then it gets passed on the highway by a minivan because it's geared for the quarter mile not the top end. You my friend need a 15 speed gearbox.

Hugs,

Freta

I don't fear the gear! 4:09s makes it fun although my 5/6 gear are .60 and .54 so I can actually hit 220mph in 5th and theoretically 6th is like 330mph. Doubtful I'd reach that but I've hit 200mph before going into 5th gear

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, rusty pins said:

Lastly, I don't like the higher gas prices either.  No one does. 

Not quite true. There are extremist ecofreaks out there that are cheering for higher gas prices, hoping it will end the evils of petroleum powered vehicles.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Not quite true. There are extremist ecofreaks out there that are cheering for higher gas prices, hoping it will end the evils of petroleum powered vehicles.

Well, yeah, but as you said, they are freaks!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
On 3/9/2022 at 7:26 AM, AwakenEvil said:

We were becoming one of the biggest NET exporters till Bidens policies. We consume closer to 70% of our own oil while using less than 30% of others oil under the Trump administration.

Regardless of anyone's opinion. Fact is gas has been steadily rising for the last 14 months under Bidens energy policies. 

My issue with radical green leftists is they want this renewable energy which is probably 200+ years away from being sustainable and will burn down ever other sector of energy to get it.

Not everyone here can afford an electric car for 60k plus, and are those really as clean... United States primary source of energy is coal plants... and last I check... thoae are not green by any means.

Ca oil companies are being taxed out of the state, they will be selling off to smaller companies who will not be able down the road to pay all the higher tax, then it maybe thaw we as USA lose the now 3rd largest oil state, but everyone blames the oil company, I worked for them as a contractor for 20 yrs and had good friends inside of Oxy, Chevron, TAX is the largest issue,  we grew our oil independence when Trump was letting exploration happen, now with the cost up to and over a million for one well, I have been at many well startups when after a million bucks they spent, we had a sanded up ell as soon as we started it up. so it's shut down, pull the well, clean it out and rods bak down the whole and some of this was still all for nothing, sometime you get a large producer 180 barrels a day. And some you still get nothing. Now can you or I afford to drill our own well and lose over a million and have to suck it up and go for another and hope for oil, there are a lot of hidden cost most of us as consumers don't understand. I have a much better understanding of it after 20ys of working it, Oh and. now on disability my retirement from work ,, I could have done better at retiring from fast food.

• Like 2

What a lot of people don't know is a lot of our oil Can't be used for our gas.... Because like a lot of Oil in sone counties of Ca, it is sooo thick all it is good for it to make plastic and polyester like clothing, but other countries can do the process without our gov regulations..... so it's useful for them, to make stuff and then yess sell the items back to us. And the largest problem besides the political part is the dumb refineries will find a way to create a shortage that is mostly Fake, so they can hold back fuel and create the price demand issues. If we can find ways to not drive, car pool etc, so we don't fall to there game. The price will go back down, because they will get an excess and then it's on our side. I do know some of these as I spent 20 yrs working in the CA oilfields , when you are an outsider like a contractor you will find out more form all the companies . 

• Like 1

Prices have already come way back down around here --- well, in some parts.  I saw 3.75 to 4.45/gal in just a few miles here earlier today. Paid 3.63 yesterday.

I lay this on the wholesalers and retailers, not the producers.  There was no reason for prices to be jumping 10-15-20 cents PER DAY - or even multiple times per day.  That's just greedy retailers. 

I've not been following this thread because there isn't much you can do about it.  Here are my thoughts. 

A lot of this has always been political for decades.  We buy oil from other countries, yet we sell other countries oil that we produce here in the USA.  Why?  Because when we sell our oil to another country, they sell us something we need that we either can't produce ourselves, or produce enough of.  It also helps us with the country we sell our oil to as they become more of a friendly country to us.  They need our oil, otherwise they might buy from a country unfriendly to the U.S.  That's why on the one hand it doesn't make sense to sell our oil to another country and then have to buy oil from somewhere else, but we do it to make good connections with other countries that could be on our side should things arise.

I also know that gas companies can control the prices.  When I came home from work the day the twin towers came down, the price of gas had almost doubled.  Greed and taking advantage of a disaster!  Fortunately President Bush put an immediate stop to that warning that price gouging on gas would not be tolerated.  We get 7% of our oil from Russia.  That can hurt but there are ways to conserve and produce our own oil or buy from other countries instead.  Just cutting back on all the plastic grocery bags and going back to paper bags will save millions of gallons of oil used to produce plastic bags.

Lastly, I don't like the higher gas prices either.  No one does.  On the other hand, I wouldn't want to get into a war of any kind with Russia and have parts of our country wiped out by nuclear weapons.  That's why many countries will sanction Russia but aren't willing to send over troops, planes and bombers to attack.  Putin has proven to be a nut case and got himself into a mess he didn't think would happen.  He won't back down and he is destroying his own countries economy with all the sanctions.  We've been though this before and have endured.  I'd rather have a little more pain at the pump than make it a lot worse by getting into World War 3, especially since the biggest difference from World War 2 is nuclear weapons!  Look at what happened that finally ended World War 2.  The A Bomb that wiped out Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Who would want something like that to happen to us?

Since we get 7% of our oil from Russia but more than 30% of our wheat from Russia and Ukraine, I'm more worried about being able to get bread, flower and anything made from wheat and grains.  We have become a spoiled country over the past few decades.  We generally have anything and everything we want and if someone tells us we can't have something or have to do something different, many people scream, pout and rebel instead of coming together for a common cause.  Spoiled brats that suddenly can't have it their way anymore.  The recent protests with masking, distancing and vaccines for example proves this.  This situation isn't new, but the reactions of the people who have grown up in a society where they have always been allowed to buy what they want and do as they please is what's different.  In World War 2 sugar, butter, gas and food were rationed.  Anything made with metal or rubber was unavailable, including new tires for your bike or car.  Bike and car.  You were lucky if you had one because you couldn't buy a new one!  In order to get a bike or even travel you had to have special clearance and permission based upon your job that was vital to the war effort.  People came together to defeat Hitler, Mussolini and Hirohito.  They scrimped, saved, donated every bit of scrap and rubber they could find in back allays (you think recycling is recent?)  There were meatless Tuesdays and people planted victory gardens to supplement their meager food.  We've come a long way since then, but the idea is back then people pulled together for a cause and did without.  Now we are so spoiled we can't see the entire picture of what could happen if a country like Russia starts taking over the world.  Will Poland be next?  The middle east where most oil is produced?  That is exactly what Hitler tried to do.  If Russia takes over and controls these other countries, how much per gallon do you think gas would cost, if we could even get it?  We only think of ourselves and whine and cry when something costs a bit more or we have to either wait longer to get it or we have to do without.  It could end up a lot worse if Putin is successful in any way.