LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When do you start watching the clock with respect to changing your diaper?

Little Sherri

When do you start watching the clock with respect to when to change your diaper?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When do you start watching the clock with respect to when to change your diaper?

• As soon as it starts to feel wet
    • I only change at specific times, regardless of how my diaper feels
    • Changing intervals depend on circumstances
    • When I am changed is not up to me, it is up to someone else
    • I only change when I absolutely have to, or when my diaper starts leaking

I’m curious as to what everyone’s preferences and practices are, with respect to when they decide to change their diaper. Usually, I wear 2 diapers in 24 hours, and I change them at fairly specific times, so unless my diaper is leaking, or, I have to get changed because I need a fresh diaper on before I head out somewhere, even if my diaper starts to feel fairly damp, I will try to wait until “changing time”; which for me is usually an hour or so before bed, and, sometime after lunch. If I’m going to the gym then a third change ends up in the mix. 

Today, though, I am testing whether or not a Rearz Mermaid Tale can be considered a 24-hour diaper. The short answer is, yes, it can be, at least for me. But in the process, I’ve been in a damp diaper for going on 25 hours now, and I have found myself watching the clock, even though this is a very comfortable diaper, and even though I usually don’t mind being wet and don’t rush changes. I guess I have my limits, but the experience has me wondering what everyone else does. Is getting into a new, dry diaper a blessed relief, or is it more of a sad farewell to an old friend?

• Like 1

I'm pretty wimpy when it comes to change intervals. Partially out of necessity since my "strongest" diapers are usually the existing medical line ones like Tranquility or Tena. Also because I really can't tolerate being in a wet one longer than say 6 hrs. My clock goes into monitor mode after my first wetting, nudging me to pay attention to when change time comes.

Since I went to cloth at night I usually change fairly quickly after waking. I still haven't built up a tolerance for the saturated feeling yet. 

• Like 1

Usually at home I wear early morning for about 3 hours or so when I get up about 6am in days I don't work.  Part of it depends on what low end diaper I plan on wearing.  All I do is sit at my computer surfing this site and Diapermates so I put a washable waterproof pad on my chair before sitting.  Sometimes I wet a lot and leak a little, sometimes I really wet and soak through to the chair pad, and many times I'm wet but my diaper holds it.  I'd rather not leak, but with the washable pad I really don't care.  I stay at the computer in my diaper until I'm ready to get my day started whether I leak or not.

When I'm away from home I'm careful if in a low end store brand.  When out of town for the day like Christmas shopping a few times a year or this past summer when I was on vacation and wore all the time everywhere except when sleeping, I use premium diapers like Abena L4 and Betterdry.  I know from experience just how long I can wear one before I have to worry about possible leaks.  I can get 8 hours out of a Betterdry, plenty of time to get my shopping done and get home, or enough time while out sight seeing to make it back to the motel for a quick diaper change before going out again.  

At home I don't worry about leaks, when away from home I do.

• Like 1