LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Having a accident in public - what to do

For those of us who are 24/7 abdl, it is inevitable that we will have a accident while in public.  While on the line at the market, movie, general gathering or at a friends house.

How do those handle this incidents.  Does one wait until they are home, hurry through the stores and get changed  in a restroom changing table.

• Like 1

Yes, leaks are inevitable for those of us in nappies 24/7. As for how I handle that, it all depends on where I am, what I'm doing, and how far away my go-bag is. If at all possible, I will change immediately. Sometimes that is not possible, either because I don't have supplies with me (a foolish error on my part), or because I'm held up where I can't get away (usually at work). In those cases, I just carry on and try to minimise exposure, keeping my backside facing away from eyes if I can. To minimise this, I do wear dark clothing. Also I will also generally stay standing once a leak happens, based on the assumption that sitting will only increase the size of the leak. 

As always though, prevention is better than an unexpected cleanup. So I tend to wear higher capacity nappies when in public while planning for changes at conservative times.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 2

Clothing that can conceal my diaper well and is of a dark color has helped me during times when i've had a diaper leak or an overfill mishap. I own various pairs of Gary branded diaper covers that also help with leaks and such.

• Like 3

Yup, leaks happen. I have a crash bag in my car which has an old pair of jeans in it, as well as diapers. Prevention is the best cure, so I try to avoid going far from the house in a diaper that is almost at capacity, or in a diaper that hasn't proven itself in field testing. I also tend to "go" a lot - like every 20 - 30 minutes, so I don't tend to flood, which helps. If a leak occurs, and if it wouldn't be obvious that I've suddenly put new pants on, I'd just go change, but if I couldn't do that, then I'll try to spot-dry my pants in the bathroom (if it's not a catastrophic failure), for example, and change my diaper, of course. I also tend to wear dark clothing because it hides small incidents. I once deliberately sat on the bumper of my car in the rain to provide cover for tell-tale wet spots on the back of my pants, when I had to go into a store, and my diaper had given up the fight. 

I don't wear a lot of plastic pants, but as @gmcchamp99 points out, they are probably the best secondary leak protection you can use. 

14 minutes ago, Little Sherri said:

Yup, leaks happen. I have a crash bag in my car which has an old pair of jeans in it, as well as diapers. Prevention is the best cure, so I try to avoid going far from the house in a diaper that is almost at capacity, or in a diaper that hasn't proven itself in field testing. I also tend to "go" a lot - like every 20 - 30 minutes, so I don't tend to flood, which helps. If a leak occurs, and if it wouldn't be obvious that I've suddenly put new pants on, I'd just go change, but if I couldn't do that, then I'll try to spot-dry my pants in the bathroom (if it's not a catastrophic failure), for example, and change my diaper, of course. I also tend to wear dark clothing because it hides small incidents. I once deliberately sat on the bumper of my car in the rain to provide cover for tell-tale wet spots on the back of my pants, when I had to go into a store, and my diaper had given up the fight. 

I don't wear a lot of plastic pants, but as @gmcchamp99 points out, they are probably the best secondary leak protection you can use. 

Another good way to help mitigate this is to use a cloth diaper as a diaper cover but to be honest, that's usually too bulky for me and I can't easily conceal it.

@herb330

I have a "Go Bag" That I carry with me, and it goes anywhere the chair goes:  It has enough diapers, and a pair of Garywear Incontinence Pants in there, as well as wipes, and the whole shebang - If you want to see what I carry, or you want to see a picture of my bag, go to my profile and take a look :)

Brian

• Like 1

I've only had accidents at home thankfully, but not abdl related. I have IBS-c. One time in the vehicle on my way home. 

I feel I would definitely try to change in the store bathroom. I don't like being messy or feel embarrassed. Though I have had a small leak while out. I just sat on a towel and went home. 

I have had my share of messy accidents in public. When I go to town to get supplies, it is a 2 hour drive each way. I normally spend about 2 hours running around the different stores to get everything I need. I have had some messy accidents in the stores and it is very embarrassing. I have one gas station that I always go to if I have to change out of a messy diaper. I have changed there many times. Most of the time, I am just changing out of a very wet diaper, but there have been quite a few messy diaper changes there as well. Once I am finished shopping, I gas the truck up and head back home. If a messy accident happens after I leave town, I just keep driving until I am home. That has happened quite a few times as well.

Like others I generally have a bag with supplies plus a change of pants. Generally I'll try to change in a family restroom or another single-occupancy restroom or try to get home.

I have yet to encounter a public restroom changing table that's big or sturdy enough to accommodate me but I'll sometimes set my supplies on them while I clean and change.

On 12/9/2021 at 4:44 AM, herb330 said:

For those of us who are 24/7 abdl, it is inevitable that we will have a accident while in public.  While on the line at the market, movie, general gathering or at a friends house.

How do those handle this incidents.  Does one wait until they are home, hurry through the stores and get changed  in a restroom changing table.

What would constitute an accident?   Is it peeing in the diaper, having the diaper leak, or is it messing in the diaper?

For me, prevention is key.    I usually will change into a new diaper before I go out in public, unless it's something like running errands to the store.  Even then, I don't test the capacity of the diaper.  If I don't trust that it won't leak, I change the diaper.   Assuming it's a good quality diaper and there aren't taping issues (which I can feel) a fresh diaper shouldn't leak for at least four hours.    I use a waterproof cover to contain potential leaks, and if I concerned about the capacity I use the toilet.

The same thing with messes.  If I need to poop while out, I find a bathroom and do my business.  If you can't do that, that diaper is clearly necessary, and you have to be prepared to change it in public.

57 minutes ago, spark said:

What would constitute an accident?   Is it peeing in the diaper, having the diaper leak, or is it messing in the diaper?

For me, prevention is key.    I usually will change into a new diaper before I go out in public, unless it's something like running errands to the store.  Even then, I don't test the capacity of the diaper.  If I don't trust that it won't leak, I change the diaper.   Assuming it's a good quality diaper and there aren't taping issues (which I can feel) a fresh diaper shouldn't leak for at least four hours.    I use a waterproof cover to contain potential leaks, and if I concerned about the capacity I use the toilet.

The same thing with messes.  If I need to poop while out, I find a bathroom and do my business.  If you can't do that, that diaper is clearly necessary, and you have to be prepared to change it in public.

@spark well said

• Like 1