LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone with female plumbing able to share some insights into going 24/7?

Hi all

Newbie here on DD and pretty new to being 24/7 after deciding to come to terms with my stress and urge IC by going permanently padded. In all honesty, IC probably has been something which I've been fighting with for about 15-20 years and I've been managing it (fairly badly) by staying dehydrated, using crappy pads and spending an inordinate amount of time seeking out and being inside public toilets!

I've been lurking on the forums here for sometime and have found so much useful and fun advice but *awesome though you boys are* I feel like most of the posts that deal with the nitty gritty bits are posted by dudes with dudes' dangly bits. Whilst I'm sure that there's lots of parity between the experience of going 24/7 between both sexes, I was wondering if there are any fellow girls who can help me understand what to expect and to answer some specific questions.

For instance here's my first question:

Despite being stress and urge IC whilst standing or walking, I just can't pee whilst sitting down or lying in bed which results in a massive build up in my now teeny bladder and stomach pain followed by a flood when I do get up. Saying 'just relax' isn't enough - what does that actually mean for us girls? 

And of course, even if you do have boys' dangly bits, it will still be great to hear from you ?

I also have that problem.  For me it's a bit better if I lie and sleep in the supine position but I'd much rather sleep on my side.  Also supine position often generates more snoring! Nasty.  Maybe you could try taking half a pint of cranberry juice before sleep.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TinyBunny said:

I also have that problem.  For me it's a bit better if I lie and sleep in the supine position but I'd much rather sleep on my side.  Also supine position often generates more snoring! Nasty.  Maybe you could try taking half a pint of cranberry juice before sleep.

Thanks I'll try that. Is cranberry more of a diuretic than just drinking water?

2 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

Dangly bits here, but one thing that helped get used to using my diapers was to sit diapered on the potty and go. mentally you are used to going there, so it helps going with a diaper on.

Hey there dangly bits ? that sounds like a good plan! I'll deffo try it thank you ?

Dangly here too, but I can say there is both a mental and physical component to going where you are not used to going.  Plumbing aside, you have trained to specifically not go in that position. I actually had to practise going when I was lying down, it wasn't a switch I could just flip as at first I just couldn't do it at all.

Once or twice a week I would have a practise day, where I would drink plenty continually , then when I felt the urge would go and lie down, or start by sitting on the edge of the bed and gradually recline myself. Eventually after a few weeks it got easier and I was able to do it (it does put a crimp on whatever you are doing that day though). There were many uncomfortable nights though at the start when I just couldn't and had to get out of bed and stand up to go.

It does seem disappointing but don't be disheartened, it takes effort and time to overcome years of toilet training (even after a year of 24/7 my body occasionally rebels and demands I at least semi-sit up in bed).      

• Like 2

Female plumbing here. I share the same issues that you describe to a point, although without any pain after.

Sitting does seem to kink the regular flow I have while standing or walking. While sitting, I find that I'm going less frequently and in bigger amounts as I sit for long periods. Part of that is because I don't get the early "there's-pee-in-me" signal from my bladder while sitting. Also, just relaxing doesn't work because of the additional pressure placed on my urethra. It seems my bladder has to actually contract for me to go while sitting. Due to this, I do try to get up every now and then to allow my bladder to drain normally, although I do forget often.

As for laying down in bed, I tend to lay on my back or front. I find that the most comfortable and reliable in terms of leaks, and I keep waking up soaked. As with sitting, just staying relaxed doesn't work, I suspect due to gravity. From what I can tell, going while laying down also requires my bladder to actually contract, which apparently it does while I'm asleep.

• Like 1

Dangly bits here.  Though I am just popping in to say don't worry @Little Belle it takes time to release while in a sitting position with a diaper on.  Or in most positions.

I am sure there are a lot of people here who can help you out and just not the female side of the area.  A lot of men here been doing this for a long time and know there stuff  Though I also know there are a lot of females that also know a lot.

Good luck 

PS I have got to say one last thing when I seen @ValentinesStuff & @BabyJilly_S say this Dangly bits here I had to giggle.  As I never heard that term before.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, DiaperboyEddie12 said:

Dangly bits here.  Though I am just popping in to say don't worry @Little Belle it takes time to release while in a sitting position with a diaper on.  Or in most positions.

I am sure there are a lot of people here who can help you out and just not the female side of the area.  A lot of men here been doing this for a long time and know there stuff  Though I also know there are a lot of females that also know a lot.

Good luck 

PS I have got to say one last thing when I seen @ValentinesStuff & @BabyJilly_S say this Dangly bits here I had to giggle.  As I never heard that term before.

Thank you @DiaperboyEddie12 and I love that it made you laugh! Dangly bits are lovely ?

16 hours ago, BabyJilly_S said:

Dangly here too, but I can say there is both a mental and physical component to going where you are not used to going.  Plumbing aside, you have trained to specifically not go in that position. I actually had to practise going when I was lying down, it wasn't a switch I could just flip as at first I just couldn't do it at all.

Once or twice a week I would have a practise day, where I would drink plenty continually , then when I felt the urge would go and lie down, or start by sitting on the edge of the bed and gradually recline myself. Eventually after a few weeks it got easier and I was able to do it (it does put a crimp on whatever you are doing that day though). There were many uncomfortable nights though at the start when I just couldn't and had to get out of bed and stand up to go.

It does seem disappointing but don't be disheartened, it takes effort and time to overcome years of toilet training (even after a year of 24/7 my body occasionally rebels and demands I at least semi-sit up in bed).      

Sounds like a good plan thank you. And thank you for the encouragement. I am nothing if not patient!

16 hours ago, sparklezBear said:

Female plumbing here. I share the same issues that you describe to a point, although without any pain after.

Sitting does seem to kink the regular flow I have while standing or walking. While sitting, I find that I'm going less frequently and in bigger amounts as I sit for long periods. Part of that is because I don't get the early "there's-pee-in-me" signal from my bladder while sitting. Also, just relaxing doesn't work because of the additional pressure placed on my urethra. It seems my bladder has to actually contract for me to go while sitting. Due to this, I do try to get up every now and then to allow my bladder to drain normally, although I do forget often.

As for laying down in bed, I tend to lay on my back or front. I find that the most comfortable and reliable in terms of leaks, and I keep waking up soaked. As with sitting, just staying relaxed doesn't work, I suspect due to gravity. From what I can tell, going while laying down also requires my bladder to actually contract, which apparently it does while I'm asleep.

Thanks for this. I really suffered on a long car journey recently but it is all trial and error and thank you for your wise words. 

Old and dangly bits here. I've found that my computer chair and or my recliner are the easiest way to release. Apparently if I just suck in my stomach it will help put pressure on my bladder which helps me let go. If I'm driving a car there is no way I'm wetting unless I raise myself up. When I do wear to bed I have an easier time wetting on my sides than I do on my back although I don't know why. I know disposables aren't supposed to be reliable for side sleepers but I'm not a heavy wetter and they work just fine. On nights when i do drink more before bed I put in a good booster just in case and I also wear plastic pants. I'm sorry I just don't have the answer for you on wetting in bed more easily. 

• Like 1

Even with IC issue it takes time to get use to peeing while in bed or sitting in the car, your subconscious and body have been trained over the years to retrain pee in most situations ie driving or in bed so it works overtime to try to prevent you from peeing.  That being said it wont take long for nature to take its course and your IC issues to progress to the point you will be able to pee in any position. 

Wearing a diaper premium  you can trust makes a big difference in reducing stress of will it leak when wearing `cheaper retail diapers and for me helped me adapt to being diapered 24/7  

• Like 1

(female here) Yes a good quality, snug diaper will make all the difference in your trust to release or in what position you release. I sleep better in Megamax now than I do Abenas because I don't wake to pee much anymore. And during the day it's harder to release for some reason while sitting so at night laying down I soak them by morning. Just by wearing 24/7 and consciously staying relaxed in those muscles have I made them lazy after a few months and don't hold anything. I'm still kinda aware that I feel it coming but don't do anything to stop it.

18 hours ago, Dprczyone said:

Old and dangly bits here. I've found that my computer chair and or my recliner are the easiest way to release. Apparently if I just suck in my stomach it will help put pressure on my bladder which helps me let go. If I'm driving a car there is no way I'm wetting unless I raise myself up. When I do wear to bed I have an easier time wetting on my sides than I do on my back although I don't know why. I know disposables aren't supposed to be reliable for side sleepers but I'm not a heavy wetter and they work just fine. On nights when i do drink more before bed I put in a good booster just in case and I also wear plastic pants. I'm sorry I just don't have the answer for you on wetting in bed more easily. 

Thank you and interesting that sucking in your stomach helps! For me that would feel like clenching.... I will give it a try though. 

3 hours ago, Rob110 said:

Even with IC issue it takes time to get use to peeing while in bed or sitting in the car, your subconscious and body have been trained over the years to retrain pee in most situations ie driving or in bed so it works overtime to try to prevent you from peeing.  That being said it wont take long for nature to take its course and your IC issues to progress to the point you will be able to pee in any position. 

Wearing a diaper premium  you can trust makes a big difference in reducing stress of will it leak when wearing `cheaper retail diapers and for me helped me adapt to being diapered 24/7  

Thank you. Now I'm wearing 24/7 I've been shocked at how quickly my remaining control seems to have fallen away already (which after so many stressful years of accidents/rushing to loos is feeling so liberating). But the lying down and the sitting are going to clearly take a bit of training. That's okay though.

I've stocked up on good nappies - Abenas, ABU Simple and some Tena Slips. 

• Like 2

I use intermittent catheters. Put a diaper underneath you so it's in position to do up then insert a catheter into your urethra and wait for the pee to come gushing out. Push it up as far as it will go and then put the diaper on making sure the cath stays in place. I normally put some underwear on over the top to stop the diaper sagging and to keep the cath in. The pee will just be coming out of you uncontrollably. Its a tiny bit painful but also rubs on your g spot and you get so turned on.

42 minutes ago, paragirl123 said:

I use intermittent catheters. Put a diaper underneath you so it's in position to do up then insert a catheter into your urethra and wait for the pee to come gushing out. Push it up as far as it will go and then put the diaper on making sure the cath stays in place. I normally put some underwear on over the top to stop the diaper sagging and to keep the cath in. The pee will just be coming out of you uncontrollably. Its a tiny bit painful but also rubs on your g spot and you get so turned on.

Might be more comfortable with a foley catheter.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, paragirl123 said:

Yikes that sounds a bit scary... but interesting. Thanks for sharing.