LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

*2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*

• 2 weeks later...

No, still have control of the bowels if if I need it but the "oh crap" better get to the toilet now.... so the control is diminished. Bladder is for the most part involuntary. But that is also tricky.... there are times where I'm sure I'm gonna have an accident but don't and other times where I don't think I'll have one but ends up wet. I've had a urodynamics test done and have a very small bladder with a thickening of the walls so this is permanent for me

I went 24/7 on Christmas day of 19. So my 3rd anniversary is coming right up. I do a #2 every morning before I change out of my night time diaper. I have on occasion, had a daytime #2 accident. Usually if I've had something greasy for lunch. #1's happen without much notice anymore. I do find I'm moving more to th AB end of the spectrum now. Working on keeping my pacifier all night with about 2% success at the moment.

Oh ya, welcome to the club, I wish you all the success you seek.

• Like 1

Good Morning DD!

Well today marks the 29th day of a new gait in walking down the path of 24/7. Decided today that I'd share my small progress updates as I'm about to leave on a quick road trip with a few friends. 

So has anything changed in 29 days?

For starters I suppose my closet & room is definitely now well stocked for somebody who is incontinent. I may have overbought in terms of diapers but hey, better safe than sorry. Once I get back from my trip I plan to go shopping for open cubed shelves to better store my necessary supplies. 

Body wise?

It's definitely becoming very very easy to just void when I need too, starting to feel like an open faucet in frequency.  Already being a bedwetter may have helped here? My body certainly is not complaining, nor do I feel stress like I did the first few days. I struggled with going while standing the first week.. Since then it's pretty easy if I feel the need while standing or in the kitchen/living/public etc.

I experienced one true event of wetting which was so automatic it felt without consent.. I had a very long day with work, stressed out, and partly broken sleep after being woken up very early to perform some work for an emergency. Was finally in relaxation mode after a long day while sitting down to rest and felt an immediate warmth as I was wetting myself but I definitely didn't tell myself to do so. Felt like a perfect storm event? Definitely was a surreal experience to what I was used to. 

I'd say 99% of the time I'm going as soon as the need hits, and that need is becoming more frequent with each day. But it's still totally within my control, and I have to focus if for a second to just relax and go. If that changes will see, but I know for sure if I keep down this path I probably will have a bit of an overactive bladder? Not sure.

Without being too descriptive, messing frequency has definitely shot up as well. I used to be once or twice a day normally. Now it's for sure twice a day morning and night. Its pretty easy to just give in when the urge hits, and I've been really good at going when the need hits immediately.

About a week ago my sister and I had a gals night with our mother to watch movies and spend the night, which I was pretty nervous about being padded. During the movie the above forementioned urge hit.. Ended up going to "find a snack" to get out of the room and mess elsewhere. Came back changed in pjs with both of them being none the wiser?  I've been taking chlorophyllin tablets which help with the smell but I'd rather not give suspicion early on and spare their noses.

Lastly I guess just my confidence in being in public has slowly been going back to normal. I've been out more than a few times with friends over the past few weeks, and have had to change in public places quite a few times. At first I was super stressed about this, but the mental battle is over :)Had to push past those mental barriers/fears and keep doing it!

Will see where this journey leads to next, but I'm certainly not going to let diapers impede what I want to do. So that's my update so far! :) Currently packed for a 3 day road trip with friends and hope its a seriously fun experience! I'm hoping to keep my padded tush a secret during this time as well, but if it comes up I'll deal with it. Eventually people will find out maybe? I'm just not intentionally trying to parade it around. 

Well I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for reading further on the journey from a goofball.

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, Beccathelittle said:

Good Morning DD!

Well today marks the 29th day of a new gait in walking down the path of 24/7. Decided today that I'd share my small progress updates as I'm about to leave on a quick road trip with a few friends. 

So has anything changed in 29 days?

For starters I suppose my closet & room is definitely now well stocked for somebody who is incontinent. I may have overbought in terms of diapers but hey, better safe than sorry. Once I get back from my trip I plan to go shopping for open cubed shelves to better store my necessary supplies. 

Body wise?

It's definitely becoming very very easy to just void when I need too, starting to feel like an open faucet in frequency.  Already being a bedwetter may have helped here? My body certainly is not complaining, nor do I feel stress like I did the first few days. I struggled with going while standing the first week.. Since then it's pretty easy if I feel the need while standing or in the kitchen/living/public etc.

I experienced one true event of wetting which was so automatic it felt without consent.. I had a very long day with work, stressed out, and partly broken sleep after being woken up very early to perform some work for an emergency. Was finally in relaxation mode after a long day while sitting down to rest and felt an immediate warmth as I was wetting myself but I definitely didn't tell myself to do so. Felt like a perfect storm event? Definitely was a surreal experience to what I was used to. 

I'd say 99% of the time I'm going as soon as the need hits, and that need is becoming more frequent with each day. But it's still totally within my control, and I have to focus if for a second to just relax and go. If that changes will see, but I know for sure if I keep down this path I probably will have a bit of an overactive bladder? Not sure.

Without being too descriptive, messing frequency has definitely shot up as well. I used to be once or twice a day normally. Now it's for sure twice a day morning and night. Its pretty easy to just give in when the urge hits, and I've been really good at going when the need hits immediately.

About a week ago my sister and I had a gals night with our mother to watch movies and spend the night, which I was pretty nervous about being padded. During the movie the above forementioned urge hit.. Ended up going to "find a snack" to get out of the room and mess elsewhere. Came back changed in pjs with both of them being none the wiser?  I've been taking chlorophyllin tablets which help with the smell but I'd rather not give suspicion early on and spare their noses.

Lastly I guess just my confidence in being in public has slowly been going back to normal. I've been out more than a few times with friends over the past few weeks, and have had to change in public places quite a few times. At first I was super stressed about this, but the mental battle is over :)Had to push past those mental barriers/fears and keep doing it!

Will see where this journey leads to next, but I'm certainly not going to let diapers impede what I want to do. So that's my update so far! :) Currently packed for a 3 day road trip with friends and hope its a seriously fun experience! I'm hoping to keep my padded tush a secret during this time as well, but if it comes up I'll deal with it. Eventually people will find out maybe? I'm just not intentionally trying to parade it around. 

Well I hope you all have a great week! Thanks for reading further on the journey from a goofball.

Becca thanks for sharing your updates. Happy things are going well. Keep doing it and soon you will say your diaper dependent and have no bladder or bowel control..

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

It's been interesting following your adventures, Becca. I've commented before; I've been on my own 24/7 adventure, for about 2.5 years now. I wore diapers to bed for about a year and a half before that. However, one key difference I can see is - and correct me if I'm wrong about this -  you use your diapers for everything, all the time, right? I know you've referenced messing, and the evolution of your messing habits, in the past. That advances you to expert status in my mind. I wet, but very rarely mess, so I have to be concerned primarily about excess bulk, crinkling or leaks possibly giving my diapered status away, but scents are not a big issue for me generally, except with cloth diapers, which I don't often wear. And, I can change my diaper on my own schedule, most of the time. Unless I've pushed one to the absolute breaking point, an hour this way or that way doesn't make much difference if it would be easier for me to wait. With a load on board, though, the clock starts ticking faster. 

I have some questions, if you don't mind! How many diapers do you use a day on average? I typically use 2 - 3 per 24 hour period. And what are your preferred brands?

Cheers, and happy waddling. 

3 hours ago, Little Sherri said:

questions, if you don't mind! How many diapers do you use a day on average? I typically use 2 - 3 per 24 hour period. And what are your preferred brands?

I'm able to get away with about 3 per day (wearing higher capacity dips), some days its 4 if I'm out and about and want to wear something thinner.

Happy to answer questions :) Once I get back from this road trip I leave on tomorrow.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Beccathelittle said:

I'm able to get away with about 3 per day (wearing higher capacity dips), some days its 4 if I'm out and about and want to wear something thinner.

Happy to answer questions :) Once I get back from this road trip I leave on tomorrow.

@Beccathelittle

I use the mega max. As I have said in other posts, they are the best diapers that they make, and because of my incontinence I want the best they can make. You don’t want the cheap diapers when you are incontinent both ways.  I would say That I use 3 to 5 diapers a day   .Just depends on whether I am sick or not or whether I am using more diapers because I am changing them more often.  I also take a diuretic, so when I have anything in my system, and I wait long enough, I just start keying and won’t stop till my bladder is totally empty. That feels like Niagara Falls just gushing out all over the place.  

I really don’t have any problems with people knowing of my incontinence. The ones that I work with, either within my team of individuals, or those that know me know if my disability, know of my situation and respect me as they always have. I’ve only had one individual/agency that decided to make my minor mistake into a major problem, and I was able to eliminate that problem with a little help from my “Team“. Other than that, I have not had any problems with people disclosing my conditions.

I would not worry about much. If you have a diaper on, All it is is a special underwear that you can do your “business in”.  I have always known that there have been people to “lose control“, depending on their situation. Ladies have an advantage, because they already deal with menstrual cramps and periods, so they already know what it is like to deal with that. So ladies have that advantage because that is part of what they deal with. Diapers are no different: they allow you the dignity And privacy to use the bathroom when you may not be able to get to a bathroom. Most disabled individuals that I know of that are severely disabled use diapers anyway, so that is not a big deal in my mind.

If you have friends that are really your friends, they will probably ask you, and you will tell them whatever you decide to tell them about your diapered condition.  I found that my friends are Accepting of My condition in my decision.  So I have limited mobility, diapers have become some thing that I rely on, because sometimes I cannot rely on my body to move or do what I wanted to do when I want to get up and move.  When I first started wearing diapers, and I had my first number two accident, I simply could not think fast enough or move fast enough before it happened. I was lucky however that I did not make a mess all over where I was sitting. My wheelchair is outfitted with an incontinence cover on my cushion, and I have a back up cushion just in case I need it, but it does not fit the current chairs configuration. When I got my new chair in 2021, it came with a spare cover for the cushion, which I thought was really cool. Friends will understand your Condition, and good friends will always be there for you. If they don’t understand your condition, they may have questions, which you will answer in the way you think is appropriate - If they don’t understand your condition, then they may not be the friends that you want to hang around, but it has been my experience that most of my friends if not all of them understand my condition so there is no “shock value” involved in discussing/disclosing my condition to those I trust.

i’ve been wearing diapers since August 2019: I made the decision in 2020 to go 24/7, and I have not regretted it. I have accepted The fact that I have them on and that I need to use them. If I have to use them, I use them, and I’m not worried about it. I will tell you however, that the first few times that I use them I was self-conscious of that, and worried that someone would figure it out or chastise me for using a diaper in public or wearing one. I have found that this worry is nothing, and I continue to do what I do, because I have come to the conclusion that I need them, and that it is easier for me to use them then worry about hurting myself when the situation requires me to be mobile.

Enjoy  your “road trip with your friends“ and let us know how it goes: being with friends is always a good thing, because it allows you to let your hair down and relax. If they find out that you have a diaper on, you can handle it anyway you choose, and I bet you as I said good friends will not leave your side because of that condition! My friends that I trust have always been my friends, and many of them “have my back“ if something should happen.

Brian

On 9/16/2021 at 1:17 PM, Beccathelittle said:

Found it extremely difficult to relax down there in front of her. Something I have no idea if it will change. Just a lot of fears running though my head. I wonder if this will ever get easier.

It gets a lot easier as time goes by. Right now you're euphoric and hypersensitive about everything diaper/incontinence related, but as time goes it becomes more mundane and routine (but still enjoyable). Enjoy this honeymoon phase while it lasts and have fun! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey DD Friends,

Today marks day 56 on my padded slide into incontinence, and I just wanted to stop by and give my next update. Hope you're all staying safe, padded, and know that you're loved!

If I had to describe my changes in this second month it would probably be just a general ease in letting go! Feel a need? go! Going to the fridge and getting up from my chair? go! Walking outside to go to my car? go! Checking the mail? Go! Staring at something at the store? Go! Getting out of the shower and into a fresh diaper? Go!... You get the point.

Seriously, I'm definitely starting to feel like I'm near always wet. A dry diaper doesn't stay dry for that much time at all. Though I'm very adamant I'm still well within control of my bodily functions still. That being said have I tried to exercise them? Not at all. 

It's also really hard to tell how frequently I am letting loose. It feels like all the time, so I'm wondering if I'm dribbling without noticing because I'm definitely feeling weird sensations sometimes. Without putting much thought into it, I'm able to really just go when I need too. That's a stark contrast to my first two weeks padded. I guess this is what it's like to always be relaxed. :)

On the Messing Bits, Similarly I've been going as soon as I feel the need and that has become a steady 2-3 times a day. It's also an eye opening experience on the day I had really bad diarrhea and went through 4 different diapers in the span of half a day. Decided to use thinner diapers that day instead of wasting higher capacity ones.  I'm really hopeful that I never have that problem again, but It would certainly be hard to manage that if I was out and about. Something I need to better plan for in the future but thankfully was at home :).

This month outside of that has been pretty busy with work, friends, and family. I feel like I'm getting my experience in as a padded traveler! Also had an appointment with my doctor and had general lab work done for my yearly checkups. Was padded the entire time :) Nobody was the wiser. 

Winter is finally upon us and it's given me reason to dress more warmly! I love this season, and I feel pretty happy being padded through it. Speaking of clothing, the onesies I bought were all great but didn't really hide very well under my clothes. Especially with half the bras I normally wear. Purchased a size up for Spanx compression undies and it's highly suggested for my fellow padded ladies out there! They definitely keep a nice figure even with padding.

Thanks for reading my small blurb of new stuffs! I hope you all have a great month ahead and a wonderful Turkey Day!

• Like 8

Feel like I can relate! 

Comparing notes, by the end of month 2 I was also wetter at changes than I expected and I spent quite a bit of time/focus on going anytime anywhere like you described. Nearly always wet was definitely a norm. Maybe it's filtering in the head, or dribbling, or a combo of both?

Messing frequency seems on part with me too...though, it definitely went down because I was more afraid due to bathroom work / less privacy. Now that that's all done, it's at 2-3 times/day like you've described.

One thing I've not yet seen mentioned is that I also spent tonnnnnes of time and energy grappling with the emotional sides of untraining. I personally went through...a lot, and not related to untraining...so I'm not sure how much of that is truly related to untraining. I'm curious if you have gone through similar challenges there too?

Months 2-3 were definitely my "should I really do this?" months as the honeymoon phase ended and routine set in...But I felt pretty resolved about those feelings by the end of month 3.

@Kif

16 minutes ago, Kif said:

Feel like I can relate! 

Comparing notes, by the end of month 2 I was also wetter at changes than I expected and I spent quite a bit of time/focus on going anytime anywhere like you described. Nearly always wet was definitely a norm. Maybe it's filtering in the head, or dribbling, or a combo of both?

Messing frequency seems on part with me too...though, it definitely went down because I was more afraid due to bathroom work / less privacy. Now that that's all done, it's at 2-3 times/day like you've described.

One thing I've not yet seen mentioned is that I also spent tonnnnnes of time and energy grappling with the emotional sides of untraining. I personally went through...a lot, and not related to untraining...so I'm not sure how much of that is truly related to untraining. I'm curious if you have gone through similar challenges there too?

Months 2-3 were definitely my "should I really do this?" months as the honeymoon phase ended and routine set in...But I felt pretty resolved about those feelings by the end of month 3.

Once you get through the honeymoon phase of the training, it will become easier and has become easier for you. Most of the problem is that you are so used to being afraid that you will make a mess or that you were wet yourself, so you are trying very hard not to do so. If you have to use diapers or want to use diapers, you have to untrain yourself so that you will use them instead of the toilet for 90% of the releases.

sounds to me like what you’re describing is the “guilt of it all“ by this I mean, you have been trained to use the toilet all your life, and now you are on doing what you have learned, so you may have emotional issues because you have to relearn do use your diapers instead of a toilet. There may be emotional pitfalls that you go through, because you would have to deal with that as it comes up. But I can assure you, once you get to the point where you are comfortable, it will be quite easy, and you will be using your diapers and changing them as easy as you breathe. However, you must realize that once you go down that road in and train yourself, it may be very hard to nearly impossible to retrain yourself if the need arises. Your should you do it moment has probably already passed, and you probably have already stated to yourself yes. Take it from a guy who is disabled: in my case I believe it is easier to wear diapers then it is to worry about having to go to the bathroom and running all over kingdom come just to make sure I don’t have an accident.  As other people have. Stated as well as myself, wearing diapers is nothing to be afraid of, and many of the people here who are incontinent because their “plumbing doesn’t work right“ will tell you that it’s no big deal because that is all they know, so they have to prepare to take care of any issues, and they learn how to do this quite well. Don’t feel guilty: wearing diapers is no big deal you’re just wearing crinkly plastic underwear, and that’s all it is if you made the choice to use your diapers that is your choice, and there’s nothing to be ashamed of.  Just make sure that you have the proper equipment to deal with the release: diaper disposal system, Bags, wipes, gloves, plastic pants, and anything else that you need. Make sure that you’re caring your “go bag” when you go somewhere, because you’re going to need to change yourself when you least expect it, and I can guarantee you when you least expect it is when you will have to change. Also be prepared for the times that it takes longer than normal do use the facilities. By this I mean you’re going to change yourself and it might take more than 10 minutes to do it it depends on how bad the situation is. If you have the proper equipment and you have the proper material on board in your go bag including material to moisturize and protect your skin you should be OK.

I can almost guarantee that after a while wetting and messing will be as easy as breathing in and out. By that time, you should have your system in place and be able to quickly and efficiently deal with your situation.  The one thing that I hate about my situation, is that I have something that looks like a large scar: this thing apparently is caused because I sit on my hind quarters all the time and what happens is if this thing gets really sensitive. There’s been times when I have use my diaper and then what happens is this thing gets irritated so not only do I have to clean up the mess but then I have to treat the area and make sure that it is dry and taken care of, so that it does not turn into something worse such as an infection. Kind of feels like a large callous once I put lotion or bag balm on board on top of that then it’s not as bad: make sure that you are keeping your skin clean and dry and taken care of any rashes or red spots, because I can guarantee you just like a baby does you can get severe diaper rash and not be able to deal with the pain, so make sure as @Evelyn Dellcerro says that you take care of your skin colon because if you take care of your skin it won’t be as bad colon treat your skin every time you change. There’s also one other thing that she taught me: it is not always necessary to use baby powder on every change: what can happen is that the baby powder can cake up or I can just turn into a mound of junk so you basically end up drying out everything underneath so all you do is end up with clods of powder all over everywhere. Use powder when necessary, but be careful because as I said, It can kick up. Also, when you change yourself and you use cream or bag balm, what can happen is when you pull the tapes off to be able to tape them to the diaper area on the landing panel, anything on your hands will get on the tapes and that may end up causing the tapes not to be able to hold. Because I am using mega maxes I have rarely thrown a diaper out because of that problem.

Sounds to me like your journey is going well for you: don’t worry about what other people I think: this is your decision and your decision alone, and if it is easier for you to do it this way and that is the way it should be. In my case being in continent serves two purposes: one is that it solves my incontinence issue, while the other is that it solves my need issue or deals with the feelings that I have about liking diapers. Neither of these is anything to be worried about.  You just have to make changes to the way you deal with things so that you can deal with them adequately if you have a situation where you have to change or something happens where you lead. With experience you will learn these strategies and you’ll be all set, and then you will be a “diaper pro in more ways than one“

Good Luck!

Brian

2 hours ago, Kif said:

Feel like I can relate! 

@KifI guess part of the reason why I have not grappled with the the emotional side of things in written form *yet*, is mainly due to having already grappled with it before committing to a 24/7 lifestyle. I had already been actively wearing to bed and was fully a bed wetter, that part I was OK with. I knew if I really wanted to retrain I'd figure something out but It brought me some sort of peace / contentment that I'm sure many people who frequent this forum feel.  

When it came to 24/7, my two biggest concerns were generally about:

1. Fear of becoming antisocial / not being myself out and about.

2. LTR/Dating/Marriage stuff

I had to mentally promise myself that if I were to commit to this I had to never become antisocial nor hide away like some padded cavewoman. In these two months I've already been around friends, family, birthday & Halloween parties, and my doctor.  I promised myself I would keep being me, and I'm not going to let my fears win there. :) 

2. This one was more of a hard part for myself, something I'm sure a lot of people have definitely used as a reason NOT to commit to this sort of lifestyle. My fear of not being able to find my other half for life. It definitely was a reason I had not dipped my toes into wearing permanently in my twenties. My imaginative fear of being that lady who has to be diapered.. What sort of person would want that!?

I'm no longer dating to just date, and at this age I'd rather wait for somebody who IS ok with this part of me than just trying to lock it away and act like the ab/dl thing isn't part of me. I'd hate to be in a situation where I married somebody and then dropped an atomic bomb on them later.. Hey yeah I know you married me for x/y/z but I'm a little and love diapers.. I couldn't personally do that nor wouldn't want to go through that.

I'm happy being me, and I don't want to have to hide me. If somebody can't vibe with that part of me, or see past it then that's on them.  I'm sure the right person will come around eventually :P That was my line of thought how I pushed past that mental barrier too.

I'm sure as time goes on there may be new hills/battles to go over, but I've in the past had to face a lot of fears of the unknown. Each time I did, I found myself happier for doing it, and it made life a bit more exciting. Will see what happens next! I'll definitely write about it if something comes up I struggle with down the road. But for now I'm happily waddling into that unknown. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Beccathelittle thank you for this thread and sharing your experiences, positivity and practical solutions! I'm especially interested in following your adventures with your perspective as a female as there don't seem to be too many of us that post on here.  

I'm just approaching my second month and have decided to go 24/7 in order to deal with my increasing daytime incontinence and, like you, I couldn't be happier with my decision. 

Enjoy the padded life and I look forward to further adventures with you ?

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Little Belle said:

@Beccathelittle thank you for this thread and sharing your experiences, positivity and practical solutions! I'm especially interested in following your adventures with your perspective as a female as there don't seem to be too many of us that post on here.  

I'm just approaching my second month and have decided to go 24/7 in order to deal with my increasing daytime incontinence and, like you, I couldn't be happier with my decision. 

@Little Belle

I am glad that you have made that decision. In my mind I had to make that decision in 2019 and 2020. In 2020 it became evident that it would be easier for me and safer if I were to use a diaper instead of constantly having to run to the bathroom possibly hurting myself getting there, just so I can release in the toilet. Using a diaper will allow me the freedom to be able to do more for myself, while not worrying about the repercussions of my decision. I even wear when I’m at work, and because I am 24 seven I carry everything with me so that I can change if necessary.   

I believe that you will find the 24 seven use is more preferable depending on your situation. Incontinence  is nothing to fear, And as long as you choose to deal with that situation the way you deal with it, you are golden. Just make sure that you carry your supplies with you if you decide to go 24 seven, or are incontinent like me, because you never know when Or where you may or may not be able to change. Sometimes, you may not be able to change because you are in a position where there is no where to change, so you have to be prepared for that eventuality as well as for those type of situation where you have a total blow out can you make a mess and you have to be prepared to clean up a mess when that happens. It’s happened to me on several occasions.

Fortunately for me, I have a very good team of individuals who support me. I do not have to worry about people knowing or not knowing, because the ones that need to know the ones I want to know about my incontinence diagnosis know and except it. Others, they do not need to know, and sometimes it is better not to say much if it is not necessary. Luckily my family is very supportive, and my dad was one of the first people I told of my diagnosis and I told him exactly why it happened, and he understood.  I see no reason to hurt myself to try to use the bathroom if I cannot get up or if I am hurting, so a diaper is a help to me as well as a support, because not only do I like diapers but I need them. It serves three functions: deal with my incontinence, the feelings, and allows me to use the bathroom when I need to without too much difficulty. You may wish to add to your collection some incontinence pants such as made by Garywear.  I believe I have 16 pair, and a couple of months ago I decided to make sure that I had what I needed. At some point I will make a list of all of the things that are in this box, and I will post it for those to see. I figured it is time to except it even more and prepare for the time when I might need what I need. If for some reason you wish to find out what I carry in my “go bag“ which is my backpack on the back of my chair, go to my about me page and look under where it says “what I carry in my go bag“ and you will see exactly what I carry, for your reference.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
fixed a spelling error
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Little Belle said:

Glad you found some joy from my posts :) I do agree, there are not enough women posting in our communities. Though I feel partly like I used to be, a lot of us stay lurking rather than contributing. Good luck on your 24/7 journey! Here if you ever need support/share experiences :D 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Little Belle

I am glad that you have made that decision. In my mind I had to make that decision in 2019 and 2020. In 2020 it became evident that it would be easier for me and safer if I were to use a diaper instead of constantly having to run to the bathroom possibly hurting myself getting there, just so I can release in the toilet. Using a diaper will allow me the freedom to be able to do more for myself, while not worrying about the repercussions of my decision. I even wear when I’m at work, and because I am 24 seven I carry everything with me so that I can change if necessary.   

I believe that you will find the 24 seven use is more preferable depending on your situation. Incontinence  is nothing to fear, And as long as you choose to deal with that situation the way you deal with it, you are golden. Just make sure that you carry your supplies with you if you decide to go 24 seven, or are incontinent wake me, because you never know when Or where you may or may not be able to change. Sometimes, you may not be able to change because you are in a position where there is no where to change, so you have to be prepared for that eventuality as well as for those type of situation where you have a total blow out can you make a mess and you have to be prepared to clean up a mess when that happens. It’s happened to me on several occasions.

Fortunately for me, I have a very good team of individuals who support me. I do not have to worry about people knowing or not knowing, because the ones that need to know the ones I want to know about my incontinence diagnosis know and except it. Others, they do not need to know, and sometimes it is better not to say much if it is not necessary. Luckily my family is very supportive, and my dad was one of the first people I told of my diagnosis and I told him exactly why it happened, and he understood.  I see no reason to hurt myself to try to use the bathroom if I cannot get up or if I am hurting, so a diaper is a help to me as well as a support, because not only do I like diapers but I need them. It serves three functions: deal with my incontinence, the feelings, and allows me to use the bathroom when I need to without too much difficulty. You may wish to add to your collection some incontinence pants such as made by Garywear.  I believe I have 16 pair, and a couple of months ago I decided to make sure that I had what I needed. At some point I will make a list of all of the things that are in this box, and I will post it for those to see. I figured it is time to except it even more and prepare for the time when I might need what I need. If for some reason you wish to find out what I carry in my “go bag“ which is my backpack on the back of my chair, go to my about me page and look under where it says “what I carry in my go bag“ and you will see exactly what I carry, for your reference.

Brian

Thank you so much @~Brian~! I've been reading lots of your posts during my 'lurking' time on here and have made my decision to go 24/7 very much because of the insights that your posts have given me and those from other frequent contributor . Until I found DD, I had no idea what I was facing with my increasing UI. There are so many great contributors on here that I feel I already have lots of information and a great network of peeps to reach out to if necessary.

1 hour ago, Beccathelittle said:

Glad you found some joy from my posts :) I do agree, there are not enough women posting in our communities. Though I feel partly like I used to be, a lot of us stay lurking rather than contributing. Good luck on your 24/7 journey! Here if you ever need support/share experiences :D 

Another classic example perhaps of us women not 'leaning in' maybe...? 

Thanks for the support - I think we're going to be having some fun ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Little Belle said:

Thank you so much @~Brian~! I've been reading lots of your posts during my 'lurking' time on here and have made my decision to go 24/7 very much because of the insights that your posts have given me and those from other frequent contributor . Until I found DD, I had no idea what I was facing with my increasing UI. There are so many great contributors on here that I feel I already have lots of information and a great network of peeps to reach out to if necessary.

@Little Belle

You are SO Welcome:  I am happy to know and learn that my advice, as well as that from other contributing members of DailyDiapers helped you to make your decision to Go 24/7.  I can tell you that I am an Incontinent DL, and I have been that way probably since I was 8.  When I moved out at 22, I was doing some searches using the 1995-ish  technology, and the sites that were out there in those days.  I found out that I liked diapers, and I wasn't sure if this was "normal."  As I got older, and there were more sites that were talking about diaper fetishism, I just kept it to myself, and thought I was "strange" and other descriptors:  I knew of Daily Diapers for about 24 years, and when I started having problems with incontinence BOTH WAYS, I knew what I had to do:  You see, I was lurking LONG before i had signed on for the first time, so I KNEW who would be able to help me, and so on August 7, 2019, I made my account, and the rest is history. :)

I never imagined how IMPORTANT DD would be for me, because when the pandemic hit, and things were closing down, and we were locked down, I spent almost 24 hours a day for a few weeks, either reading, posting or chatting with many of the people here.  I may not have interacted with some that much, but I knew OF them, because I knew they were users here, so I started posting, chatting, and helping people, and I met some AWESOME people, who helped me to deal with the feelings i was having, and they told me that I was NOT "strange" or "weird" or "broken" or other words to describe what I thought about wearing diapers, and you know what?  I am GLAD I came here, because things seem to have come all the way back around for me, and I have a LOT of friends here, and I am THANKFUL and GRATEFUL for all of them, and who KNEW that I would be where I am today, meaning from post 0 to NOW, in 2 years  - WOW - when you don't get a chance to go OUT and do things, you spend more and more time behind the keyboard, and it gives you time to REFLECT on yourself, and the ways that you can help others.

Heck, I even found that it is FUN to release in your diaper, and that because of my "DD Family" and all the support, I am FULLY accepting of my IC, and it doesn't even worry me anymore - What I learned is, that I NEED diapers, and that there is NOTHING wrong with USING them, liking them, or WEARING them, so once I accepted that, I then try to find ways that I can have FUN when wearing or using my diapers - Now, when I release, I don't worry, and I just LET it HAPPEN, because well, it feels good to release, and when you can do that without worrying about the results, it is a HECK of a lot easier, and I am all for making MY LIFE easier to deal with, and since I am disabled anyway, I figure i am gonna NEED diapers eventually, and since I am IC, well, NO one is gonna question my diagnosis on my medical records, when they see I am IC both ways :)

You will find, that there are many people here, and each of us is unique and has a story to tell about their experiences:  I have taken the liberty to FOLLOW you, and if you are of a mind, feel free to FOLLOW me as well.  Thank You for your KIND Words, They mean a lot to me :)

Brian

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, ~Brian~ said:

@Little Belle

You are SO Welcome:  I am happy to know and learn that my advice, as well as that from other contributing members of DailyDiapers helped you to make your decision to Go 24/7.  I can tell you that I am an Incontinent DL, and I have been that way probably since I was 8.  When I moved out at 22, I was doing some searches using the 1995-ish  technology, and the sites that were out there in those days.  I found out that I liked diapers, and I wasn't sure if this was "normal."  As I got older, and there were more sites that were talking about diaper fetishism, I just kept it to myself, and thought I was "strange" and other descriptors:  I knew of Daily Diapers for about 24 years, and when I started having problems with incontinence BOTH WAYS, I knew what I had to do:  You see, I was lurking LONG before i had signed on for the first time, so I KNEW who would be able to help me, and so on August 7, 2019, I made my account, and the rest is history. :)

I never imagined how IMPORTANT DD would be for me, because when the pandemic hit, and things were closing down, and we were locked down, I spent almost 24 hours a day for a few weeks, either reading, posting or chatting with many of the people here.  I may not have interacted with some that much, but I knew OF them, because I knew they were users here, so I started posting, chatting, and helping people, and I met some AWESOME people, who helped me to deal with the feelings i was having, and they told me that I was NOT "strange" or "weird" or "broken" or other words to describe what I thought about wearing diapers, and you know what?  I am GLAD I came here, because things seem to have come all the way back around for me, and I have a LOT of friends here, and I am THANKFUL and GRATEFUL for all of them, and who KNEW that I would be where I am today, meaning from post 0 to NOW, in 2 years  - WOW - when you don't get a chance to go OUT and do things, you spend more and more time behind the keyboard, and it gives you time to REFLECT on yourself, and the ways that you can help others.

Heck, I even found that it is FUN to release in your diaper, and that because of my "DD Family" and all the support, I am FULLY accepting of my IC, and it doesn't even worry me anymore - What I learned is, that I NEED diapers, and that there is NOTHING wrong with USING them, liking them, or WEARING them, so once I accepted that, I then try to find ways that I can have FUN when wearing or using my diapers - Now, when I release, I don't worry, and I just LET it HAPPEN, because well, it feels good to release, and when you can do that without worrying about the results, it is a HECK of a lot easier, and I am all for making MY LIFE easier to deal with, and since I am disabled anyway, I figure i am gonna NEED diapers eventually, and since I am IC, well, NO one is gonna question my diagnosis on my medical records, when they see I am IC both ways :)

You will find, that there are many people here, and each of us is unique and has a story to tell about their experiences:  I have taken the liberty to FOLLOW you, and if you are of a mind, feel free to FOLLOW me as well.  Thank You for your KIND Words, They mean a lot to me :)

Brian

This is such great encouragement thank you for sharing and taking the time to offer your thoughts.

It's especially appreciated as I'm at that weird point where I know I need them but it will take me some time to really accept it as my new normal. I'm still learning to do things for the first time in nappies; work events, nights out, meeting family. There haven't been any dramas yet but I am sure there will will some around the corner!

I shall just have to approach those challenges and get through them with confidence and maybe a bit of humour! 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Little Belle said:

I shall just have to approach those challenges and get through them with confidence and maybe a bit of humour! 

Definitely the right attitude to have :) Bumps may happen, but you definitely will rise above it with the right attitude.

Happy for you and here if you ever need support.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

This group is awesome. I definitely lurk more than post it feels like but you guys are always so supportive. It’s pretty awesome. I’ve been full time since Jan of this year but wore pull ups at work. This week my fears we’re finally lowered and my number of close calls raised and I started wearing to work as well. The final frontier. My Mommy (girlfriend) was also super supportive and encouraged me that it was time to give up the pull ups. Thanks for all of your advice and updates. It’s definitely appreciated. 

• Like 4
On 11/4/2021 at 3:46 PM, Beccathelittle said:

My imaginative fear of being that lady who has to be diapered.. What sort of person would want that!?

Uh... us? ? Or any ABDL for that matter (I highly recommend this--my wife is ABDL and I couldn't be happier). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey DD :)

Well tonight marks my 88th day wearing 24/7 and I wanted to stop by to say hello and give an update on what's new.

Since my last update I've had work travels, birthdays, thanksgiving, and a few days of helping my brother with his moving all while remaining 24/7.

Traveling & wearing has been quite a learning experience, and one that anyone who also commits to our lifestyle will need to really ponder beforehand!
There is a lot I could write on the experience, but to keep it a little short I learned:

• 1 - Pack at least 2-3 extra diapers a day, trust me you have no idea what will happen in your day or where you will be.
  • 2- Don't forget wipes & powder & extra clothing, you never know what will happen or what situation you will find yourself in.
  • 3 - Bring bags to throw things away in!

I spent about four days assisting the company I work for setting up a new location, and was glad that I had taken my car because I nearly ran out of padding on one of the days and thankfully had my normal backpack with changes for emergencies. It taught me the importance to always overestimate the amount needed on a trip instead of underestimating. Between changing a little sooner than I normally would & a few extra/unexpected messies it meant changing more often and I will never make the above mistakes again :) It's also something people should strongly consider before jumping into 24/7, if you're 24/7 & travelling you better make the right accommodations!. 

So what else have I experienced or learned?

I feel one thing would probably be my confidence in just going in public / around others has climbed a lot. It was a head battle at first, and a few worries on if x person has some sort of super power in observational skills I finally have gotten to a pretty comfortable state of just going when I need to. In these last 30 days that includes 4 messes as well then off to an immediate change. I don't feel I've fully conquered the internal fear, but I'm slowly working to just have it be a normal thing and change immediately. 

Between two birthdays and a larger family Thanksgiving I was able to navigate around changing and going when the need struck, though the nervousness around family finding out still lingers. Eventually they will find out, but I'm sort of just waiting for the right time? I'm not sure what sort of validation I'm wanting before hand, but I don't just want to tell them just yet either. I have no idea how I'll even go about telling them when the time is right, but I'm "hoping" there is medical proof to back it up one day..

Ok, so onto bodily changes....

Wetting - This last month feels similar to the previous, albeit I'm definitely a nonstop dripping/leaking faucet. I still feel it's fully in my control for the most part, but I've definitely had experiences where It's immediate/sudden and I'm barely thinking about it. I've also had quite a few handful of moments where i'm minding my own business and realize I'm soaked and cannot really recall when I last peed. I'm still leaning on that I did give myself permission, but my derp mind just cannot seem to recall when that last was.

Wetting is really really easy compared to the first month, but I did have one or two days where it felt the exact opposite. Like really really hard to just relax and pee for some reason. I had to really concentrate on going, and It was a strange experience which I cannot explain. Why 99% of the time it's easy but those two days where really hard. I wasn't in a stressful environment etc so I can't blame it on that either. The mysteries of the body?  If anyone has a good reason let me know :)

Messing - I've always eaten decently healthy into my adulthood and usually had a BM maybe 1-2 a day with it usually just being once a day. After being padded this really has just gone up and up. I've experienced 2-3 messes on most days, and one of the days I was on my work trip it was 4 times. (Another reason to pack more than you normally would need!!). Frequency aside, relaxing and letting go is a lot easier than it was during the last two months. But again this is fully within my control. I feel if I wanted to stop/hold it, it would be very easy to do so. I've experienced only one extreme reflex naturally, but I have noticed the "full/need to go feeling" is shortening? I feel that would be the best way to describe it... It's getting to where I realize I need to poop when I'm really needing to poop, rather than before where I knew I had too but I could ignore it?  

I had one experience where I was sitting down, working and literally started to feel myself needing to go ASAP, to the point where I knew I was going to go and just barely started to stand up and let it happen. It was fully in my control, but I'm guessing this is what's supposed to start occurring? Has only happened once and I'm not sure how to replicate it lol.

Anyway that's a lot of typing for this post, as always I hope you're all well! 

• Like 2
  • Beccathelittle changed the title to *2 Year Update - My 24/7 Journey*