LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Grumbele grumble grumble

DailyDi

Having a bad afteroon. Car wouldn't start again despite the new battery. Got it jump started to find the tire we got patched was going flat again so had to get a new tire. Went to pick up my meds and the computers were down so they couldn't check me out.

• Like 1

I read this title and I immediately thought the topic was about making a good poop in your diaper. LOL!?? 

But seriously though, that's quite the string of bad luck buddy. Sorry you're having such a bad day Mikey. hang in there!????❤️?

• Haha 2

@DailyDi

sounds like you struck out today big man. *HUGS*. Sounds like you need to give Shawn a big hug now!  This week is going pretty good for me, except that the state is still messing around with the last piece that I need of my incontinence supplies. So to make sure I had what I needed, I went to my home health case management team and ask them to order me a bunch of stuff. Now I have 16 pairs of GARY incontinent pants and enough material so that I will not run out of what I need in the near future. It is a pain in the neck when the state does not seem to be on the same page as you are, and when they know you’re in continent and they give you the runaround when it comes to getting what you need!

I feel your pain it sucks when things go wrong or when you have a bad day or when things don’t go as you expect. Friday, I have to go in for an epidural injection in my neck to cure a problem with extreme pain caused by a pinched nerve at C6 and C7. I have a feeling that on Friday I am going to be out like a light and I’m going to be sleeping most of the day after I am injected so I probably will be in La La Land and probably get the best sleep I’ve had in the last two months. Let’s hope that my pain goes down considerably, as I need this to happen before I can start working again on my standing in my physical therapy.

as I said I think Christmas came early for me, because I asked for certain things that my case manager purchased, and I got the box today I am very happy with all of what I received and the next time I run into a problem like this I will be going directly to my case management team for these things because I have funds that I must use every year and if I spend them I will not lose them if I don’t use them I will lose them so everything is cool.

my question to you is??: If they determine your battery to be the problem, will it be replaced? I believe you said the jeep didn’t have an issue, so now you have to determine if the jeep has an issue or the battery is an issue and that is a pain in the ass! I feel your pain. Go get them big man they OWE you a Battery, or they OWE youan explanation!

8 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

I read this title and I immediately thought the topic was about making a good poop in your diaper. LOL!??

@BabySpiderBoy

Yeah me too I thought this was kind of interesting! The grumble grumble grumble could also be what is happening in Mikey’s stomach.  This could also mean that he’s hungry – The only problem is, that it means that Mikey is mad or upset which is not a good idea. The poor guy has had enough problems with his jeep and with his battery and I hope eventually that this can get fixed. Not only that but if he has a flat tire that makes it even worse. I told him to give Shawn a nice big hug, because that could help him.

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Edited to remove duplication, and delete the auto merge
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, ~Brian~ said:

@DailyDi

sounds like you struck out today big man. *HUGS*. Sounds like you need to give Shawn a big hug now!  This week is going pretty good for me, except that the state is still messing around with the last piece that I need of my incontinence supplies. So to make sure I had what I needed, I went to my home health case management team and ask them to order me a bunch of stuff. Now I have 16 pairs of GARY incontinent pants and enough material so that I will not run out of what I need in the near future. It is a pain in the neck when the state does not seem to be on the same page as you are, and when they know you’re in continent and they give you the runaround when it comes to getting what you need!

I feel your pain it sucks when things go wrong or when you have a bad day or when things don’t go as you expect. Friday, I have to go in for an epidural injection in my neck to cure a problem with extreme pain caused by a pinched nerve at C6 and C7. I have a feeling that on Friday I am going to be out like a light and I’m going to be sleeping most of the day after I am injected so I probably will be in La La Land and probably get the best sleep I’ve had in the last two months. Let’s hope that my pain goes down considerably, as I need this to happen before I can start working again on my standing in my physical therapy.

as I said I think Christmas came early for me, because I asked for certain things that my case manager purchased, and I got the box today I am very happy with all of what I received and the next time I run into a problem like this I will be going directly to my case management team for these things because I have funds that I must use every year and if I spend them I will not lose them if I don’t use them I will lose them so everything is cool.

my question to you is??: If they determine your battery to be the problem, will it be replaced? I believe you said the jeep didn’t have an issue, so now you have to determine if the jeep has an issue or the battery is an issue and that is a pain in the ass! I feel your pain. Go get them big man they OWE you a Battery, or they OWE youan explanation!

Brian

@BabySpiderBoy

Yeah me too I thought this was kind of interesting! The grumble grumble grumble could also be what is happening in Mikey’s stomach.  This could also mean that he’s hungry – The only problem is, that it means that Mikey is mad or upset which is not a good idea. The poor guy has had enough problems with his jeep and with his battery and I hope eventually that this can get fixed. Not only that but if he has a flat tire that makes it even worse. I told him to give Shawn a nice big hug, because that could help him.

Brian

@BabySpiderBoy

Brian

You're a good friend Brian. Mikey is really lucky to have you!

17 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Having a bad afteroon. Car wouldn't start again despite the new battery. Got it jump started to find the tire we got patched was going flat again so had to get a new tire. Went to pick up my meds and the computers were down so they couldn't check me out.

There are Lies, damn lies, and computers

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BabySpiderBoy said:

You're a good friend Brian. Mikey is really lucky to have you!

@BabySpiderBoy

yes, we are all lucky to have @DailyDi And it’s also good to make sure that he is taken care of as well as his user base. When someone sells him a piece of equipment such as the battery, the idea is that he believes the battery is in good condition. If the problem was with the battery hopefully they will replace it. If the problem is with the jeep hopefully they will also be able to determine what it is and hopefully it won’t cost him a fortune.

Mikey is a good friend: he takes care of us, and make sure that we have a safe place to call home. He also maintains other projects and sites so as much as I can I will continue to help him. Whether it be financially emotionally or other ways this is always a pleasure to do.

we’ll i’ll have good days and All I have bad days. When we are down, that is what our friend help us to do is to have the best possible day. We have to take care of each other, and make sure everyone is OK and Mikey is no exception to this! He is the man!

Brian

Edited by ~Brian~
Removed duplicate paragraph that is not needed
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ~Brian~ said:

@BabySpiderBoy

yes, we are all lucky to have @DailyDi And it’s also good to make sure that he is taken care of as well as his user base. When someone sells him a piece of equipment such as the battery, the idea is that he believes the battery is in good condition. If the problem was with the battery hopefully they will replace it. If the problem is with the jeep hopefully they will also be able to determine what it is and hopefully it won’t cost him a fortune.

Mikey is a good friend: he takes care of us, and make sure that we have a safe place to call home. He also maintains other projects and sites so as much as I can I will continue to help him. Whether it be financially emotionally or other ways this is always a pleasure to do.

we’ll i’ll have good days and All I have bad days. When we are down, that is what our friend help us to do is to have the best possible day. We have to take care of each other, and make sure everyone is OK and Mikey is no exception to this! He is the man!

Brian

Thanks for updating your posts Brain. that duplicate paragraph was driving me crazy!??

• Thanks 1

It's a Jeep problem, but they will not admit it. Something is draining the battery when the car sits, so after a couple days it is dead again. I paid out of pocket for a battery to get them to stop saying that was the problem, now I need to take it in for service yet again and try to get them to actually find the problem.

• Like 1

With newer cars finding a parasitic draw can be a challenge, a simple test is you can try looking around inside the car when its dark to see if you can spot any lights staying on.

You would have to sit inside for about 10 minutes after the doors are closed, for the light timers to time out.

If you can't see anything, you would have to do a parasitic draw test, seeing how many amps are being used after the computers go to sleep, newer cars have some draw but there not suppose to kill a battery in a few days.

It could be a computer staying powered up, or the alternator drawing power because of a bad diode inside the alternator, some alternators the charge light will stay on very dimly, you can only spot it at night, easy to overlook in the day.

If you don't trust the dealer ask an independent shop to do a parasitic draw test, then take the results to the dealer to lead them by the nose to the problem.

Good luck to you, newer cars are a bitch, I'm happy I don't have to work on them anymore.

7 hours ago, DailyDi said:

It's a Jeep problem, but they will not admit it. Something is draining the battery when the car sits, so after a couple days it is dead again. I paid out of pocket for a battery to get them to stop saying that was the problem, now I need to take it in for service yet again and try to get them to actually find the problem.

could it be a malfunctioning alternator? maybe its not making as much power as it should?

• Like 1

I've got Jeep problems too.  Before I started my trip in July I noticed some anti freeze dripping. I put stop leak in the radiator and that seemed to fix the problem.  I topped off the radiator and the reservoir.  When I stopped for gas, I noticed the reservoir was low so I filled it.  No real problem on the trip until driving home.  I was about 45 miles away from home when I got a warning to check my gauges.  No power to the battery!  It was dusk and I couldn't turn on the headlights, power down the windows or anything.  I wasn't sure I would make it home but I did, barely!  Oil on the alternator!  Next day I paid $145 for a new alternator and put it on.  A few days later I saw a little oil on it!  The oil filter is just under the alternator so I figured maybe it was loose and some oil was spraying on the alternator.  I took it to have the oil changed and they found oil in my coolant reservoir.  They said that indicates a blown head gasket and not to drive it.

I have a second car that is only used for emergencies and guess what?  I had to buy two new tires for it because the ones on it were so old they wouldn't hold air for more than a day or two.  That was another $180.  I had to put liability insurance back on it as well, another cost.

I called my mechanic who said he was way too busy to tear apart a head gasket, therefore after calling around I finally took it to the Jeep dealership for repair.  I was quoted $1,200 to replace the head gasket.  After they got into it they called and said the head itself was cracked and the cost was now $2,700 to replace it!  Then the battery went bad and it was $200 for a new battery!  I got my Jeep back last week, turned on the A/C Sunday and the bower motor is not working.  It worked fine before I took it in!  Now it's back at the dealership.

Too late I remembered when I had the older Grand Cherokee.  I took it to that same dealership for the steering shock to be replaced.  Then the steering was "messed up" and I had to take it back.  On the way to work after getting it back, it started running really rough so I took it back.  All of a sudden it was a bad oxygen sensor.  Never had any issue but they said, "Oh, they can go bad just like that!"  I've never had an oxygen sensor go bad on any vehicle I've owned.  They fixed that and two days later I took it in for an oil change.  Low and behold the oil change place said, "Did you know the rubber boots around your front axle grease fittings are freshly cut with what looks like a razor knife?"  I took it to a different Jeep dealership for repair and magically there were no more issues.  Can I prove it?  No.  I have no idea what caused the A/C/Heater fan to stop working but I did indicate to the service manager it was working perfectly before I brought it in, perhaps a wire was knocked off but if he has even an ounce of brains, he will get the idea I'm suspicious of the "problem".

On top of all that, my work shifts have changed and I will be working some late shifts instead of my regular 8am to 4pm shifts.  Sometimes life just sucks!

• Like 1

Got my meds today, so at least I am less likely to stab someone lol.

Car started today, but I ordered a jumper kit to keep on hand so I don't have to wait for roadside assistance every time it happens (always at home luckily.) until I can get it fixed for real.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Car started today, but I ordered a jumper kit to keep on hand so I don't have to wait for roadside assistance every time it happens (always at home luckily.) until I can get it fixed for real.

That's an good idea Mikey!?

• Like 1
14 hours ago, DailyDi said:

we have one of those jumper things, a friend gave it to us because it wouldnt hold a charge anymore and she bought a new one(which thank God she left here, when the power went off it powered a fan so mom can sleep, at least for about 90 minutes), i need to get a new battery to put in the one she gave us.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:02 PM, DailyDi said:

What happened to the good old "Starting Handle" with which we used to crank the engine?

My Grandfather's Magneto sparked 1920's Rolls Royce had an  "Electric Re-comencer", powered by the headlamp battery,  which would restart the engine when it was up to temperature,  but needed cranking in the morning,.

Granny's 1930's Lanchester had an electric starter motor, but needed cranking on cold mornings.

8 hours ago, feralfreak said:

we have one of those jumper things, a friend gave it to us because it wouldnt hold a charge anymore and she bought a new one(which thank God she left here, when the power went off it powered a fan so mom can sleep, at least for about 90 minutes), i need to get a new battery to put in the one she gave us.

Yeah, the one I ordered has a work light and usb outlets to charge your phone in a power outage, so A good thing to have on hand for many reasons.

We actually have a generator for power outages.  Problem is, a few years ago the pull handle wouldn't engage.  It was freezing, my elderly 90 year old father was freezing and we had no heat!  About 2 months afterwards we took the generator to have it fixed.  My tip to anyone with a generator is to fire it up at least once every 6 moths to make sure it's working.  Usually when you need it most it's in the middle of the night in heavy freezing rain and a 30 MPH wind storm. 

I also have one of those small 2 outlet 12 volt D/C to A/C converters to power the airators for the fish tanks or other small uses.  Problem is I often have failed to charge the large 12 volt car battery I have on hand for just such emergencies.

5 hours ago, rusty pins said:

We actually have a generator for power outages.  Problem is, a few years ago the pull handle wouldn't engage.  It was freezing, my elderly 90 year old father was freezing and we had no heat!  About 2 months afterwards we took the generator to have it fixed.  My tip to anyone with a generator is to fire it up at least once every 6 moths to make sure it's working.  Usually when you need it most it's in the middle of the night in heavy freezing rain and a 30 MPH wind storm. 

In my opinion starting a generator every six months is not often enough.  I start ours monthly.  My previous employer ran theirs weekly.

On 9/8/2021 at 6:45 PM, DailyDi said:

One thing you can do in the meantime is get a battery disconnect switch. Amazon has some cheap and should be a easy job. What this will do is disconnect the battery from the rest of the electrics so it can't drain while not in use. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, fjjohn said:

One thing you can do in the meantime is get a battery disconnect switch. Amazon has some cheap and should be a easy job. What this will do is disconnect the battery from the rest of the electrics so it can't drain while not in use. 

The problem there is that it is such a pain putting the code back in the radio, and the Insurance companies don't like alarm being switched off.

• Thanks 1
On 9/9/2021 at 7:38 AM, rusty pins said:

I've got Jeep problems too.  Before I started my trip in July I noticed some anti freeze dripping. I put stop leak in the radiator and that seemed to fix the problem.  I topped off the radiator and the reservoir.  When I stopped for gas, I noticed the reservoir was low so I filled it.  No real problem on the trip until driving home.  I was about 45 miles away from home when I got a warning to check my gauges.  No power to the battery!  It was dusk and I couldn't turn on the headlights, power down the windows or anything.  I wasn't sure I would make it home but I did, barely!  Oil on the alternator!  Next day I paid $145 for a new alternator and put it on.  A few days later I saw a little oil on it!  The oil filter is just under the alternator so I figured maybe it was loose and some oil was spraying on the alternator.  I took it to have the oil changed and they found oil in my coolant reservoir.  They said that indicates a blown head gasket and not to drive it.

I took it to the Jeep dealership for repair.  They called and said the head itself was cracked and the cost was now $2,700 to replace it!   I got my Jeep back last week, turned on the A/C Sunday and the bower motor is not working.  It worked fine before I took it in!  Now it's back at the dealership.  I have no idea what caused the A/C/Heater fan to stop working but I did indicate to the service manager it was working perfectly before I brought it in, perhaps a wire was knocked off but if he has even an ounce of brains, he will get the idea I'm suspicious of the "problem".

I got it back.  When I asked what the problem was, they said it was nothing they did but it was the control module that was bad.  There is a control module but that is not the problem with the blower motor.  The control module actually turns on the A/C and Heat, both of which were working just fine.  For operation of the blower motor there is a resistor part  Replacement 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Blower Motor Resistor - With Automatic Temperature Control REPJ191803 (carparts.com)  It looks kind of like a module with a heat sink, but they replaced it at no charge.  It works but doesn't sound the same/  Sounds like air rushing from under the passenger side dash which, coincidentally, is where that part is located.  I checked it all out and it seems to be working OK.  I just hope over the next few days or weeks nothing else mysteriously goes wrong.

• Like 1