LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pull ups for adults

Why does Goodnites make pull-ups  specifically for bedwetting but the adult version of a pull-up leaks all over? Is it because *real* bedwetters only leak a small amount?  Also, Goodnites look like their absorbent material goes all the way up to the top of the diaper but adult pull-ups  stop midway and have this ruffled section.  Why are there not adult pull-ups that do not have this ruffled elastic band and can actually absorb a decent amount? Sorry for the rant, it's just annoying. 

41 minutes ago, Pullupsatnight said:

Yeah but why? They make absorbent pull-ups for bedwetting children, why not a similar product for adults that actually works? 

Because children are smaller and their volume of pee is smaller too.  They may not have a full release either, or wet multiple times each night like adults often do.  You will find out in reading or chatting with bedwetters who wet from 6 year olds into their teens that they often started with Goodnites but eventually had to switch to youth diapers as they got older because the Goodnites just didn't do the job any longer.  Even most adults will say actual disposable diapers will leak if you are a side sleeper and cloth diapers with plastic pants are the only way to go.  Frankly, to be able to hold adult night wettings, a Goodnite would have to be super thick to work and you would most likely still leak.  You get to a certain age and size, best to just wear a regular diaper because disposable pull on underwear for adults just won't work overnight in most cases. 

5 minutes ago, Greg03 said:

It’s simple volumes. Pull ups work for the typical urine output of a child bedwetter. They don’t for an adult 

LOL!  I was saying that exact thing and writing my reply and yours popped in just as I was about to send mine!  So very true what you (and I) said about the urine output for a child verses an adult.

If you wet the bed like I do and pull ups leak (never tried them) then why not just where adult maxi nappy instead?

Yeap i am soaked every night and my nappy is close to leaking but very rare I wake up to a wet bed ?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Here's my "PAPER DIAPER RANT" again.

Paper Diapers (of ANY kind)  A L W A Y S   L E A K !

Cloth diapers (real cloth i.e. COTTON) that are Folded Properly (hardly anyone remembers or knew how to really fold a diaper) Never Leak.

This is how it's done... (see any Pediatric Nursing Textbook pre-1950's)

• Like 2

Abena makes good adult pullups! Abriflex .. you can get them in light (thinner) or heavy thickness (as good as diapers!) They're kinda boring, just plain white with the Abena stripe on them  But they work! 

• Like 4

Hello Everyone:

One thing EVERYONE should understand  is that a "pull up" is NOT designed to be a diaper, and that goes for little kids as well as for adults.  They are designed for people who have low to moderate release a little at a time over a specific time period.  This can also be used for people who "dribble or squirt" urine because they lack control.  I will even go so far as to state that ANY cloth backed solution is NOT designed for you to "let it all out in one shot" like a plastic backed diaper (such as a Megamax) would.  This is considered a "flood" and I don't know of ANY product where a plastic baked diaper can be substituted for a pull up that will last as long as long as a diaper can. 

Northshore makes the "Go Supreme" Underwear:  They seem to be pretty good, and I have a sample of them, and may try them, because they MAY be able to handle a full on release, but most products are NOT designed to do this.  Remember that a "pull up" is like a "promotion" from wearing a diaper for a kid:  They don't have a huge bladder, and they are "training" and if they were to "flood out" then a diaper would be preferable.  Same with adults:  You CAN "flood out", and when you do, you basically feel like you are peeing on the floor, which happened to me, when i was using cloth backed, sub par, products.

Brian

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Once you get closer to incontinence, you don't have "full on releases" because that would mean you're able to Hold It and then release, which is not incontinence. If you can hold, you can make it to the potty. Dribbling, squirting, etc are good examples why to wear pullups, but if you are accidental everything involuntary dribbling all the way to big releases, you need plastic back diapers. That's my ultimate goal, so thats all I wear. Baby pullups are meant for a baby size dribble or accident (smaller bladder) and not adults. Abena  Abriflex level 3 can hold up for a few big releases .. I've pushed that envelope before going to diapers... So I know the reliability of them! Now I just use them for very short term diapers like when I'm at work and have an accident, putting on a pull-up is a lot easier than re-diapering.  I keep one at the office for changes at all times. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 8 months later...

When my bed wetting started a few years ago i started with pull ups as protection, they just didn’t do the trick! Not absorbent enough! I beated around the bush a bit as I didn’t want to resort to taped nappies (cause of the babyish factor and the association of nappies being for babies!) had no choice I. The end! Every pull up would leak and had to go down the tabbed route! No regrets though! Better than waking in a soaked pathetic pull up every night. 

• Like 1