LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you believe that we can create Warp Speed?

Do you believe that we can create Warp Speed?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that we can create Warp Speed?

• Yes
    • No

@DiaperboyEddie12@square_duck

The premise of "warp speed" would I believe require the existence of "Time Travel" because in order to travel at warp speed, you would be going so FAST, that if you were to do what they did in "Star Trek IV:  The Voyage Home," Admiral Kirk, Captain Spock, and the crew had to go back in time to get the whales to be able to save the Earth of Present Time.  They say that in order to do this, you have to go at high speed in reverse to get to turn back time, and do this.

Warp Speed in reality would probably "ripple" the time barrier:  I believe that we could do it, but in reality, could it actually change what we did or do?  Not sure, as no one has ever been able to reverse aging, or to turn back time, or go back in time and redo what we have done in the past.

I believe in Time Travel and Warp Speed, but if you are GOING THAT FAST, you probably would be dead if there was a malfunction. 

Brian

Yes, but we don't have the technology to do it yet. As far as what Brian was referring to, time travel like that only occurs when executing a sling-shot manuever around a star. When simply going from Point A to Point B, the time-dialation effect doesn't occur at FTL velocities. According to the "techno-babble" of Star Trek science-FICTION...the warp drive operates by creating an artificial bubble of gravity around the ship, thereby fooling Mother Nature  into mistakenly believing that an object with the mass of a spaceship is in fact permitted by the laws pf physics to travel at FTL speeds. Bear in mind, that according to true 21st century scientific knowledge, we know that sub-atomics particles ( quarks ) are unable to travel slower than light because of their high energy and low mass. Take several zillion quarks and mash them together, and you've created an atom of matter.  So the warp field surrounding the ship fakes that. 

In addition to a system that creates a warp field, you'll need two other pieces of hardware to make this idea work. The first is the deflector array. When traveling at high speeds, it's necesary to clear your flight path of space dust and debris, otherwise you'll have stuff punching holes in your hull ! The second thing needed is called the Inertial Dampening System, which does exactly what it sounds like. It counter-acts the G-forces associated with traveling at high velocities. Without it, anytime you jump to high speed, everything biological will become a pink smear on an aft bulkhead. 

• Like 1

No. With a caveat*

As per special theory of relativity, which is current best description of relationship between time and space, c (speed of light in vacuum) is THE top speed at which anything can move across space, and as far as we know, only thing capable of traveling at it are particles that have no mass (photons). 

Anything with non zero mass would require infinite amount of energy to accelerate to c, so that's out of the question for now.

* The only hypothetical way of crossing a distance in shorter time than light could cross it, is to take a shortcut through a fourth spatial dimension (a wormhole), which remains to be verified whether that's even possible. And if it is and a massive object could go through it, then so could light, and it would still have us beat in a fair race.

Warp speed can only be achieved by warping space time in such a way that the mass that the warping effects results in a mass of 0 or below(negitive mass), a object cannot go faster then light if that object has any mass. We currently do not know how to warp space time even though black holes warp spacetime reeeeeallly well.

I do see it happening eventually but probly not in my life time. Even if the Warp Drive gets invented, its generally will probly be used for energy generation. I do see the warp drive as being a more complicated version of nuclear fusion reactor(Probly could use a quantum computer to help maintain the plasma reactions)

57 minutes ago, MegaChar said:

Warp speed can only be achieved by warping space time in such a way that the mass that the warping effects results in a mass of 0 or below(negitive mass), a object cannot go faster then light if that object has any mass. We currently do not know how to warp space time even though black holes warp spacetime reeeeeallly well.

I do see it happening eventually but probly not in my life time. Even if the Warp Drive gets invented, its generally will probly be used for energy generation. I do see the warp drive as being a more complicated version of nuclear fusion reactor(Probly could use a quantum computer to help maintain the plasma reactions)

How you been I haven’t seen you on in awhile 

This really depends upon what you mean by "warp speed."

The trick to going faster than the speed of light, is that you can't go the speed of light. So you have to figure out a way to go from slower than lightspeed to faster than lightspeed without going lightspeed.

There are other ideas on how to travel faster than lightspeed, without actually traveling faster than lightspeed. Space folding, dimensional traveling, and a few others.

But I personally don't think that it is possible.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I believe that anything the human mind can imagine will one day become possible.

Many of the science fiction techs you could imagine 100 years ago and even some tech that was beond imagination and unthinkable for the Human brain at that time are reality in todays World.

Just think about Moon and Mars missions for now and the next decades. All satellites, space stations, missions like Voyager l and Ii, the James Webb telescope, internet and www., IT, AI, robots of all kinds, communication equipment like smartphones, etc. and the development of new extremely fast engines for future space missions, the scientist is already working on .

Someday in the future we will have spaceships traveling at warp speed or similar. But it will be with AI and robots of some kind, as there is no way humans will ever be able to survive such extreme forces, and why should human bodies travel far into space?

I think it's stupid to spend the money and risk people's lives by sending people to Mars. Why? What is the purpose of it with today's AI and robotics?