LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Just tested positve

I got home from work one day this week having felt perfectly fine that day, only to start feeling warm, sore, and having a slight headache when I got in. I scheduled a covid test, and came back positive. So far my symptoms include fever (100.5), headache, body ache (slight), congestion, loss of appetite, and sore throat. The sore throat is by far the worst, as it feels like I have needles stabbed into my throat whenever I swallow. Does anyone know if it's okay for me to take a sore throat medicine like Robitussin? I heard that honey is really good, but the honey I had was really old, and solid as a rock. I think you could hurt someone badly if you hit them upside the head with the bottle. I've been trying to get a lot of sleep, as breathing is so far not an issue. I have only needed a BM once since friday, and am wondering if this is anything to worry about as well.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, DailyDi said:

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks a bunch Mikey. I had my first soda in well over a year today, a ginger ale, and while still painful to swallow, it tasted pretty good. I think I'd take no taste and no smell in a heartbeat over this sore throat though.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, id0ntknow said:

I got home from work one day this week having felt perfectly fine that day, only to start feeling warm, sore, and having a slight headache when I got in. I scheduled a covid test, and came back positive. So far my symptoms include fever (100.5), headache, body ache (slight), congestion, loss of appetite, and sore throat. The sore throat is by far the worst, as it feels like I have needles stabbed into my throat whenever I swallow. Does anyone know if it's okay for me to take a sore throat medicine like Robitussin? I heard that honey is really good, but the honey I had was really old, and solid as a rock. I think you could hurt someone badly if you hit them upside the head with the bottle. I've been trying to get a lot of sleep, as breathing is so far not an issue. I have only needed a BM once since friday, and am wondering if this is anything to worry about as well.

@id0ntknow

What you should do is REST, and keep the fluids going iN, and DO EVERYTHING your doctor tells you to do:  If you are Covid Positive, follow all quarantine restrictions you are asked to.  Just because you can get the Vaccine, it does NOT mean that since restrictions are relaxed, that you should not still be careful - I spent 5 MONTHS in Medical Quarantine, and I am GLAD I did it, because I did NOT get it - Several members have also told me stories about covid-19, and how they got it and how they dealt with it.

Good Luck!

Brian

Just to update, I'm doing my best to keep drinking, be it water, ginger ale, or gatorade. I am having trouble eating though, since I just don't feel hungry, and the painful swallowing isn't helping either. Thankfully, sleeping is coming rather easily. It sometimes takes a little bit to get comfortable, but once I am I sleep fairly soundly.

4 hours ago, Firefly 35 said:

@id0ntknow Have you tried drinking hot tea or soup?  Hot liquids such as that often help with sore throats.

I did try some chicken noodle soup yesterday, but only managed a few bites. I'm trying again right now, and I'm going to try to force myself to eat. I need to be able to call my doctor's office to ask them some questions, but they don't open for around 5 hours.

Medications like robutussin are good because they have acetaminophen in it, which helps with fever and pain. My favorite is nyquil. Ibuprofen helps with fever and pain as well. Keep hydrated. Follow up with your primary care physician. If you develop respiratory symptoms where you are having a difficult time breathing, get to the ER.

I took my temperature today, and the average of the 3 checks was 97.7. I do wish this sore throat would leave though, since it's very painful even to drink. I've also lost between 3-5 pounds since this all started, and I'm always feeling tired and cold. As for the sore throat, the things I'm trying are: Robitussin, Tylenol, gargle salt water, honey, getting lots of sleep. I was advised to cough a lot, but that just seems to be more painful. I don't really feel any mucus coming up when I cough, so I don't know if that is helping or not. I've seen online that hot, steamy showers can be helpful too, so I'm going to try incorporating those in too.

you can just take the lid off the honey and nuke it a bit, and it will be ready to help you with your sore throat, take a nice big spoon of it, ask your doctor if you can take mucinex dm, when i had a repiratory infection in 2015(sore thoat kept me from sleeping, likely made me sicker to the point of needing an antibiotic, i think if i could have slept i wouldnt have needed a doc) the doc gave me an antibiotic and said to take mucinex dm, was finally able to sleep.

Thanks for the info about how to fix the honey, I'll keep that in mind. My energy is gone, to the point that I felt like I would pass out in my shower. After getting out, I started dry heaving and I'm always cold. I've scheduled a strep test with my doctor tomorrow, and hopefully that will help in some way. I have lost about 5-7 pounds since Friday, since eating is difficult and unappealing to me.

Be well. I had very similar symptoms in early January. I agree, sore throat and terrible headaches were troublesome. I did have one trip to the E.D. after I had an episode of diplopia (double vision). Turned out to be one of those unexplained COVID symptoms perhaps related to inflammation of the Cranial Nerve VI. After you get better, expect to be fatigued for a considerable amount of time.

1 hour ago, Moochie said:

Be well. I had very similar symptoms in early January. I agree, sore throat and terrible headaches were troublesome. I did have one trip to the E.D. after I had an episode of diplopia (double vision). Turned out to be one of those unexplained COVID symptoms perhaps related to inflammation of the Cranial Nerve VI. After you get better, expect to be fatigued for a considerable amount of time.

As long as I get my appetite back, and can comfortably swallow I will take the fatigue.

I can't sleep anymore right now. I feel like I've been asleep for 10 hours or so, but it's not even been 6. I have been able to drink a little Sprite, so that's a good thing I guess.

10 hours ago, id0ntknow said:

I can't sleep anymore right now. I feel like I've been asleep for 10 hours or so, but it's not even been 6. I have been able to drink a little Sprite, so that's a good thing I guess.

How are you feeling today? 

11 hours ago, KittyMerriweather said:

How are you feeling today? 

I saw my doctor today, and it turns out I have a bit of pneumonia, and he has me scheduled to receive IV antibodies for covid tomorrow morning. I have done a little bit better about hydration today since I got home. I've had a little over 50 ounces of water, and I've made myself eat something too.

• Like 1

Just as an update, I am using an inhaler 4 times a day which is very weird for me. It also has a weird taste, kinda metallic is the only way I can describe it. I am down to about 231 pounds, and still don't have an appetite. I think the worst thing though is having to wear a mask constantly, as it's drying out my lips and making the air I breathe seem like it's stagnating. I did manage to eat a bowl of mac and cheese yesterday, but it was a struggle to finish it. I kinda want a burger, but can't go out to get one, and don't want to overpay for it with delivery services either. I've been watching a lot of Binging with Babish on youtube hoping to jump start my appetite back, but so far it's not working well.

On 7/25/2021 at 9:07 AM, id0ntknow said:

Just as an update, I am using an inhaler 4 times a day which is very weird for me. It also has a weird taste, kinda metallic is the only way I can describe it. 

Rinse your mouth with warm water or mouthwash, after using an inhaler.

7 hours ago, KittyMerriweather said:

Rinse your mouth with warm water or mouthwash, after using an inhaler.

If you use Symbicourt, you SHOULD do this, as if you do not, you will get thrush if you don't rinse your mouth EVERY time you use it (I take this med, so I know :))

Brian