LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Authors what do you like about DD for posting stories over other sites?

I primarily read stories here, abdlstoryforum (asf), and wattpad.

Out of the two forum sites, this one has a lot more traffic for stories. I was curious. Some authors post at both sites. Not sure of other sites for story content.

Why do you pick a particular forum for your stories? Not trying to start any heated debate, just genuine curiosity in the thought process from the author's point of view.

1 hour ago, AdultInnocence said:

I primarily read stories here, abdlstoryforum (asf), and wattpad.

Out of the two forum sites, this one has a lot more traffic for stories. I was curious. Some authors post at both sites. Not sure of other sites for story content.

Why do you pick a particular forum for your stories? Not trying to start any heated debate, just genuine curiosity in the thought process from the author's point of view.

When I want thoughtful, in-depth critique, I post there.  When I just want to share for maximal reach for people's enjoyment, I post here.  Usually I post in both places anyway, but I know when I look at the given thread what I can expect in terms of reactions. 

• Thanks 1

Up until very recently (mainly this summer) I had just about written abdlstoryforum off to be honest. There have been some issues over there that seemed to drive people away and drive down readership. I think in general I've gotten some good feedback over there, but often times it's been a lot less activity. They've done an update now that's a lot better. The update also keeps you from having to spend a chunk of time reformatting any postings to post over there without looking horrible. Again, there's been a good number of improvements recently and I appreciate the sorting that WBDaddy and several others have been doing over there. I keep meaning to go ahead and cross post my other items over there.

WattPad I like posting on because it's a bit more likely others will stumble upon it. Reading I feel like it's easier to go through and read a completed novel without having to scroll through the billion comments in between parts too. A lot of times on this site if I know someone is crossposting I'll read over there and come back here to comment. (I know a few others who feel that way too) I also enjoy that as I post it let's me know what the average reading time of my work is. There's a few other  backend tools that are kind of nice with metrics too that you'd never get on either of the other sites without being an admin.

Generally if I want attention (and what authoress doesn't ? ) I find I get more over here. Of course everyone's mileage may vary there! I find myself going to those sites, adisc, and ararchive all when I want to read. Ararchive is another site that's recently made some major improvements and is also I think a relevant site again. I haven't tried posting there yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BabySofia said:

There's a few other  backend tools that are kind of nice with metrics too that you'd never get on either of the other sites without being an admin.

Oh? What kind of metrics do you get access to?

I've been using a simple bash command to monitor my stats here (Wattpad has an API for the same info):

curl -sL https://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?/topic/78782-your-move-chapter-1-6302021/ | grep userInteractionCount | awk '{print $2}' | sed '1 s_$_ Views_;2 s_$_ Comments_;3 s_$_ Followers_'

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DiaperedPrince said:

Oh? What kind of metrics do you get access to?

Under the 'Write' tab you find the story and click 'stats.' The first screen gives you unique readers, votes, and comments graphed by date. Engagement lets you see how many readers continued through the work, voted, etc. I enjoy looking through the demographic tab that's next that gives you age, reported gender, and more fun the countries listed. (I know VPNs can mess with that one quite a bit - but I figure it's not all false reporting)

1 hour ago, BabySofia said:

There have been some issues over there that seemed to drive people away and drive down readership.

As a mod, there was a point I was genuinely worried the site was going down.  

I feel confident we're past that, especially with the continued outpouring of support from the folks who have stuck around, not to mention the Admin's smart decision to move the Donor's Lounge to an actual Patreon site, which definitely drove up donations.  

DD has a lot more revenue streams than ABDLSF, which keeps it stable.  So when there's a big personality kerfluffle over here, it's hardly a blip.  A server crash or a hack or something like that is what it takes to really affect everyone.    

19 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

Under the 'Write' tab you find the story and click 'stats.' The first screen gives you unique readers, votes, and comments graphed by date. Engagement lets you see how many readers continued through the work, voted, etc. I enjoy looking through the demographic tab that's next that gives you age, reported gender, and more fun the countries listed. (I know VPNs can mess with that one quite a bit - but I figure it's not all false reporting)

Thanks, I didn't know this existed.

For Wattpad: 

I post there because I generally like how the formatting works. It's got poor traffic and activity, but it's built from the ground up to support posting stories which is really the main thing that keeps me coming back. 

For DailyDiapers: 

Honestly, it's just simple and it works. DailyDiapers gets more traffic than most other diaper forums, the posting format is easy to use and looks fairly nice, and there's not that much more too it. It's not perfect for stories, (For example, you have to manually edit story titles when a chapter is posted so that people can tell the difference between a reply and a new chapter,) but it works as well as I could ask for from a platform that isn't built explicitly for stories. The moderators here do a good job, and the audience is generally cool.

For ABDLStoryForum: 

I stopped posting there; it wasn't a good fit for me or my stories. 

• Thanks 1

Others have already pretty much said everything I was going to say.  I cross-post to both ABDLSF and DD. I like DD because it has a wide reader base, and I like ABDLSF because it generally has more serious, in-depth feedback/ constructive criticism which on DD I feel people are sometimes hesitant to post because they're afraid of possible public backlash. I've had people PM me here because they didn't want to post any feedback publicly (and I totes understand that and I do welcome PMs). Wattpad I've posted a few things on (at least, I think I have. If not, I've been meaning to and just never got around to it).  I've also put a few things up on Ao3 (archive of our own) but both that site and wattpad seem more geared to fanfiction? 

• Thanks 1

Ao3 is more geared to fanfiction but they are acepting of original work now. I don't know if that was always the case but it is now. I don't know what the ABDL community there is like though.

I generally post my stories here and to DeviantArt. When I started writing in the far-flung past of 2015 it was on here and it got a lot of feedback so when I kept writing it was just always posted here. I got my first commissions here, I started my Patreon from here. I think DD is the best place to get eyes on your work, we have a lot of writers and a lot of quality work. DeviantArt is fine, I get some of feedback there as well but it is very much a secondary place compared to here. Wattpad I've only posted a couple of stories on because I'm lazy but I really should post more because what I have posted there has been well-received.

I did post a story or two on ABDLSF but didn't get much feedback back and it seemed pretty dead so I stopped posting there. If it is more lively now I may have to give it another chance.

I can't ignore the emotional attachment to DD as well. I joined here when I had just turned 18 and have been active for most of the last 14 years, I sometimes joke that my DD account is almost old enough to have a DD account :D I also met a lot of friends here as well as my wife and my partner. This is my favourite place for anything ABDL :)

A while ago (maybe a year?) I did a poll on Patreon as to where people saw my work and came to Patreon. 75% of people came from DailyDiapers!

• Like 1

I started posting stories at WetSet and won the story of the month a few times. Then, I moved to ILuvDiapers and had several stories included in the monthly newsletter. After that, I have been a member of DailyDiapers since about the inception. I'm member number 65 and joined in December of 2004.

I posted many of my stories here. Unfortunately, when the story forum was corrupted, I decided to jump to publishing on Amazon. I still post a few stories here and I try to make an Amazon story free for the DD users from time to time.