LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Recognising the efforts of our Authors

Reflecting on the efforts of our Authors, while it isn’t possible to recognise every Author individually we can in my humble opinion Group the best of the best rating from this forum, for me that includes:

- Alisas adventures in the diaper dimension

- Chasing Emily and the sequel (DD)

- A new life for Sam (real life vs DD)

- in Between (DD)

- Sam’s Fate (real life vs DD)

and the current Works in Progress:

- Illegal Immigrant (DD)

- Little in Love (DD).

Thankyou to all of the above authors for your efforts and abilities to take your readers with you on a number of epic adventures.

• Thanks 4

There are so many Authors here that I can't name all of them.

I appreciate everyone who writes stories here for us to read, it takes courage to post stories and strenght and conviction to finish them. Granted I myself am not an author her yet, (I'm working on a story) but I soon hope to join the ever growing list of Authors here. Again I want to say a Heartfelt Thank you to Everyone who has started, continued, and Completed a story here.

Thank you all for you give us a reason to be Socially involved with comments and possible ideas to write our own stories.

• Like 1

100%. Free beer for authors if you're ever in Australia lol. (Maybe not Ausdpr if he's already here lol). 

Hard to go past GFOP, Mee, Ausdpr, JillyPoo (come back! ?) and Tisha (come back too!). 

So many others I've no doubt forgot. 

sorry but this place is really really really really REALLY terrible to authors. Everyone is super nitpicky and ridiculous with criticism. If you want people to share their stories you guys should be more gracious and kind. I hate this place honestly. I hate reading the smug comments. Everyone is soooooooooooooo self important. I know you all decided that you have "a right" to be critical of stories people share but the feedback authors get is a big reason why authors stop posting.

1 hour ago, B.B.Bot said:

sorry but this place is really really really really REALLY terrible to authors

I've been a member here for 15 years, and I've not experienced that, neither on my own posts nor on others.  In fact, there was a time when readers would be aggressive towards people who posted any kind of criticism, constructive or not, because they were afraid the writer would stop posting over it. 

You want to see "nitpicky", go over to ABDL Story Forum.  Those folks will dissect everything you write.  But they'll still give you constructive ideas, ways to improve, ways to fix things.  

• Like 3

I have to agree. I'm a small fish here, but pretty much all of the interactions I've had here have been fairly pleasant. I got some constructive criticism on a story I've been working on recently, though it was more over a stylistic choice than the writing quality. No one has been cruel or rude to me over anything I've posted, and most people who've interacted with me either wanted clarification on something, or to offer a suggestion.

That being said, posting anything on a public forum like this one is an invitation for criticism and feedback, so there isn't much that can be done about that.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, B.B.Bot said:

sorry but this place is really really really really REALLY terrible to authors. Everyone is super nitpicky and ridiculous with criticism. If you want people to share their stories you guys should be more gracious and kind. I hate this place honestly. I hate reading the smug comments. Everyone is soooooooooooooo self important. I know you all decided that you have "a right" to be critical of stories people share but the feedback authors get is a big reason why authors stop posting.

A member for four years and this is your only post? May I ask whether you are an alt-account for a slighted author or just a reader/lurker sharing what you've seen?

---

I am grateful to everyone who reads, likes and/or comments on my stories. It's always nice to hear what people like or don't like, what works and what doesn't, etc. There has been no shortage of great stories here over the years and I hope that for a lot of people I might have contributed one or moe to their list of favourites!

• Like 4

I haven't written anything new in a while (latest was my last story Up and Away I wrote back in..sometime over the winter, and it was available for free a few weeks ago), but I'm chiming in to echo what others have said.  In all my years here (idk how many, lost count LOL) I've yet to witness anyone being "really really terrible" to authors. DD is a great place with a wide variety of stories. As WB said, ABDL Story Forum is the place to go for constructive criticism if you want to improve your writing or want some in-depth feed back. Though there have been times in the past when an author felt they weren't getting enough praise or got upset over an innocent question. Example: "Last chapter said the characters were headed to Hawaii....and now they're wearing snowsuits and going sledding???" and the author throws such an epic butt-hurt fit they got themselves banned. That was more a reflection of how unstable the author was, and not the DD community.

• Like 3
On 6/19/2021 at 9:12 PM, Traycie said:

Reflecting on the efforts of our Authors, while it isn’t possible to recognise every Author individually we can in my humble opinion Group the best of the best rating from this forum, for me that includes:

- Alisas adventures in the diaper dimension

- Chasing Emily and the sequel (DD)

- A new life for Sam (real life vs DD)

- in Between (DD)

- Sam’s Fate (real life vs DD)

and the current Works in Progress:

- Illegal Immigrant (DD)

- Little in Love (DD).

Thankyou to all of the above authors for your efforts and abilities to take your readers with you on a number of epic adventures.

Is there a reason you named a bunch of stories and not their authors?  

On 6/21/2021 at 8:24 PM, Cute_Kitten said:

Though there have been times in the past when an author felt they weren't getting enough praise or got upset over an innocent question. Example: "Last chapter said the characters were headed to Hawaii....and now they're wearing snowsuits and going sledding???" and the author throws such an epic butt-hurt fit they got themselves banned. That was more a reflection of how unstable the author was, and not the DD community.

To be fair, you CAN find snow on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea on the big island of Hawaii. Both are well above 13,500 ft tall and have snow most winters.

https://www.hawaii.com/big-island/things-to-do/snowboard

6 hours ago, BoTox said:

To be fair, you CAN find snow on Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea on the big island of Hawaii. Both are well above 13,500 ft tall and have snow most winters.

https://www.hawaii.com/big-island/things-to-do/snowboard

You can, and that would be an interesting twist- get to hawaii and caregiver/ parent goes "hey guess what? we're going snow boarding"  and you'd have to explain it. But when you go from "lol we 're here in hawaii"  to suddenly "lotsa pine trees and snow" with no explanation, that can leave readers confused. Also, my example was just a random example with a bit of hyperbole to illustrate the random jumps some stories can take (be it with setting or other factors). But my main point was the action of one (there may have been more but one I remember specifically) author who got theirself banned. :D

• Like 2

I'd like to mention bbykimmy's Keeperverse. Bbykimmy is awesome for coming up with that setting and giving the OK for others to write in it, and the other writers are awesome for contributing their own awesome stories in that setting.

16 minutes ago, Elbs said:

I'd like to mention bbykimmy's Keeperverse. Bbykimmy is awesome for coming up with that setting and giving the OK for others to write in it, and the other writers are awesome for contributing their own awesome stories in that setting.

Kimmy is an amazing writer and an amazing person.  Hopefully the RL shit she's got going on right now clears up soon and we'll see her back here.  

• Like 1
On 6/20/2021 at 6:58 PM, Elfy said:

A member for four years and this is your only post? May I ask whether you are an alt-account for a slighted author or just a reader/lurker sharing what you've seen?

---

I am grateful to everyone who reads, likes and/or comments on my stories. It's always nice to hear what people like or don't like, what works and what doesn't, etc. There has been no shortage of great stories here over the years and I hope that for a lot of people I might have contributed one or moe to their list of favourites!

I'm not a slighted author. I posted a story here four years ago and it was very well received, but it was lost in the purge.  

My problem is when readers here, obviously are high off the smell of their own farts (or possibly feeling insecure about what they're reading, so they want to pretend like there's some intellectual merit), take it upon themselves to criticize writers who are obviously just starting out. You're really going to talk about character motivation or story consistency to someone who thinks 'a lot' is spelled 'alot'? Doesn't know how to attribute dialogue? You're really going to look at that baby-step first effort and think to yourself "well SOMEONE ought to pull out a red pen!!" and lay into them?

Some of my all time favorite stories have the worst grammar, terribly blunt dialogue, unrealistic settings, because the people writing them are new, shameless, and raw, and don't know yet to be embarrassed about writing what they think is hot, until people like the readers here get a hold of them. We're literally writing fetish erotica, if you want to be in a writer's circle, join a writer's circle. But what a writers at this level typically need is encouragement, end of.

There's also minor a problem when people get confused about what is an error and what is a fetish. I've seen readers try to push a writer away from choices they're making under the assumption that their taste is objectively correct, and not just what they think is hot.

Wow.  Lot to unpack here. 

52 minutes ago, B.B.Bot said:

You're really going to talk about character motivation or story consistency to someone who thinks 'a lot' is spelled 'alot'?

What's the alternative?  Be a grammar Nazi?  Or try to help them evolve their writing skills? 

It's a delicate tightrope, giving feedback.  You're literally spelling out reasons why I stopped commenting on any story that didn't really engage me on a level where I thought it was worth commenting, because the pitchfork-and-torch mob was right there to scream at me that if I didn't like it, don't read it.  So I don't.  If it's a mess, I stop reading.  I don't let myself get engaged by whatever good idea was in there somewhere because I don't care to be abused by haughty would-be writers because I pointed something out that would improve the story and the author ragequit and all their fans wanted to burn me at the stake over it.  Even on a story that I LIKED.  

Because someone who interpolates "a lot" and "alot" might just be a pretty good writer who doesn't necessarily check all their typos before they post.  Someone who mashes entire chapters together in one paragraph, dialogue and all?  I don't pay attention to that; I wouldn't know. 

Unless your point is that we should all just copypasta "gUd St0rEe M0Ar Pl0x!" on everything that gets posted and have that be it.  If that's where you're going here, by all means, let's just get it out there in the open. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/28/2021 at 7:30 PM, B.B.Bot said:

I'm not a slighted author. I posted a story here four years ago and it was very well received, but it was lost in the purge.  

My problem is when readers here, obviously are high off the smell of their own farts (or possibly feeling insecure about what they're reading, so they want to pretend like there's some intellectual merit), take it upon themselves to criticize writers who are obviously just starting out. You're really going to talk about character motivation or story consistency to someone who thinks 'a lot' is spelled 'alot'? Doesn't know how to attribute dialogue? You're really going to look at that baby-step first effort and think to yourself "well SOMEONE ought to pull out a red pen!!" and lay into them?

Some of my all time favorite stories have the worst grammar, terribly blunt dialogue, unrealistic settings, because the people writing them are new, shameless, and raw, and don't know yet to be embarrassed about writing what they think is hot, until people like the readers here get a hold of them. We're literally writing fetish erotica, if you want to be in a writer's circle, join a writer's circle. But what a writers at this level typically need is encouragement, end of.

There's also minor a problem when people get confused about what is an error and what is a fetish. I've seen readers try to push a writer away from choices they're making under the assumption that their taste is objectively correct, and not just what they think is hot.

Have you ever considered that critique that demonstrates that you're actually paying attention to the story and following the plot is encouraging?

If you post a story and all you get are "nice story" and "you mispelled X", that's a lot less encouraging than getting feedback that suggests they've actually put enough thought into your story to wonder whether the fact that the Mommy broke her promise was intentional or just writer forgetfulness.

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, Elbs said:

Have you ever considered that critique that demonstrates that you're actually paying attention to the story and following the plot is encouraging?

If you post a story and all you get are "nice story" and "you mispelled X", that's a lot less encouraging than getting feedback that suggests they've actually put enough thought into your story to wonder whether the fact that the Mommy broke her promise was intentional or just writer forgetfulness.

^This. 1000% This. 

The most encouragement I ever got as an author was when I was twelve, and I wrote a 'novel', and a family friend who actually wrote for a living read through the whole thing and sat down with me to give feedback. Did he go through and point out every typo in the book? No - and not because the book was free of typos. Instead, he talked about, well... Character motivation and story consistency. Pointing out the character moments that were relatively strong, the parts that seemed weak or confusing, the parts that could have worked if I'd set them up in advance but lacked weight because they weren't established earlier. 

If he hadn't done that, I wouldn't be the writer I am today. Hell, I still get a high that can't be matched when people talk about the story beats that they liked or disliked in something I wrote! 

Because, at the end of the day, typos don't actually matter that much. Every author makes them, no matter how good they are - the presence or lack of typos is more an indication of how many editing passes a work has received than how good the author is at writing, and if people point out typos, it's not going to help your storytelling ability that much - at best, it'll help your typo finding abilities. But if someone's engaging with your plot enough to make critical commentary - good or bad - on a work, that can be both really helpful and really encouraging for people at any level. 

• Like 1