LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Diaper Dimension Story

What was the first Diaper Dimension story?  Who wrote it/invented the DD??  Is the story available on the 'net?

What are the guidelines, if any, in which a DD story must fit?

Is there a map of the DD world(s)?  Or a description that would help a traveler navigate from one place to another?

Is there any other information about the DD a writer might find useful in constructing their own DD stories?

Thanks for your input.

30 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

What was the first Diaper Dimension story?  Who wrote it/invented the DD??  Is the story available on the 'net?

Princess Pottypants:  "Alyssa's Adventures in the Diaper Dimension."

The rest of your questions?  There is no real canon.  There has been worldbuilding by many people, but no one has ever really done anything in terms of "mapping" - it's a dimension, not a planet.  

As for what would be useful constructing your own DD story, have a unique take.  Ask yourself a "what if?" about the DD, and flesh it out.  Lots of people do basic humiliation stuff, lots of people do basic cuddly stuff, but few people have anything unique to say about the DD.  Be one of those few.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WBDaddy said:

The rest of your questions?  There is no real canon.

Really there is only one real canon in my mind from the original story, "She had been unable to concentrate on any particular one, and she could remember Dr. Bremer mentioning some sort of melding of worlds. She wasn’t trapped in -a- diaper story… She was trapped in every diaper story she’d ever read."

From that it really can be anything you can come up with. That being said I think there have been some general ideas that coalesced around Littles, Mids (Betweeners), and Bigs (Amazons) that are pretty stable from story to story.

1 hour ago, Ohmo said:

Is there any other information about the DD a writer might find useful in constructing their own DD stories?

I would recommend reading as many of the works of Princess PottyPants and Ausdpr as you can. InkuHime's Chasing Emily, Games of Chance, and other stories I think are also must reads. I just have fun writing in my own little chunk of the dimension, but I know some have been referencing my works recently. BbyKimmy had some very unique things that she came up with, and YourDiapersCute had some other new things recently that I think were well thought out. Legally WBDaddy had some great ideas in A Little Legal Issue too.

As far as things to help... If you want to borrow the sizes I have calculated out, you're welcome to them. 948355721_DDDimensionSizes-version1.thumb.jpg.91c0cbb21d9039d1cae0e309dafe4878.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Diapers Pwease said:

What do you mean by something unique to say?

I explained what I meant before I said that.  "Ask yourself 'what if?' about the DD."  What if x happened, where x is something someone else hasn't already written, something that deviates from what is presented as "normal" in the space.  The whole DD space is largely untapped in terms of storytelling, even as people have done worldbuilding in it.  It's not hard to find something compelling and original to say in a new DD story.  Even if it's borrowing a minor plot component from someone else's story and fleshing it out (as someone did with @BabySofia's "Littles Terrorist Group" thing in one of her stories.  Sadly, I don't think that story was ever finished, but it would have been a cool take, because it would add something to the space.  Even my own (unfinished) effort started out with a "what if" (what if a Little killed their captor/"parent"?) and borrowed concepts from existing stories (mostly "Fair is Fair" by... aw heck, I can't remember the writer, shame on me) to do my own bit of worldbuilding.  

But it's a blank canvas, ultimately.  All the worldbuilding that has been done since the original?  You can throw it all in the trash if you want, because canon isn't really canon.  The only rules in the original story was that all diaper trope stories are true, and there do exist giant people who like to baby human-sized people.  Everything else came in later stories by people other than her.  Just have an original take on it.  

49 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

I explained what I meant before I said that.  "Ask yourself 'what if?' about the DD."  What if x happened, where x is something someone else hasn't already written, something that deviates from what is presented as "normal" in the space.  The whole DD space is largely untapped in terms of storytelling, even as people have done worldbuilding in it.  It's not hard to find something compelling and original to say in a new DD story.  Even if it's borrowing a minor plot component from someone else's story and fleshing it out (as someone did with @BabySofia's "Littles Terrorist Group" thing in one of her stories.  Sadly, I don't think that story was ever finished, but it would have been a cool take, because it would add something to the space.  Even my own (unfinished) effort started out with a "what if" (what if a Little killed their captor/"parent"?) and borrowed concepts from existing stories (mostly "Fair is Fair" by... aw heck, I can't remember the writer, shame on me) to do my own bit of worldbuilding.  

But it's a blank canvas, ultimately.  All the worldbuilding that has been done since the original?  You can throw it all in the trash if you want, because canon isn't really canon.  The only rules in the original story was that all diaper trope stories are true, and there do exist giant people who like to baby human-sized people.  Everything else came in later stories by people other than her.  Just have an original take on it.  

I see, this sounds like what I'm trying to do as I write my first DD story. When I start posting it please do come have a look and see if I managed it! ?

2 hours ago, Diapers Pwease said:

I see, this sounds like what I'm trying to do as I write my first DD story. When I start posting it please do come have a look and see if I managed it! ?

Well, you may or may not want me to do that.  I have a bit of a reputation as a curmudgeon around here.  Not saying I'm not nice when I critique things, but I give an honest opinion, which some people think is mean because it addresses problems as well as successes. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WBDaddy said:

Well, you may or may not want me to do that.  I have a bit of a reputation as a curmudgeon around here.  Not saying I'm not nice when I critique things, but I give an honest opinion, which some people think is mean because it addresses problems as well as successes. 

I love honest opinions. Pointing out problems helps me improve, and honestly I think specific critical feedback is worth a lot more than generic praise. ?

• Like 1

While the post was probably lost in the board crash a few years back, Princess Pottypants said that it's fine for others to write in the setting, but I think mentioned not to use her specific characters (edit: Here's the post). Since then she's written a few more bits in the Diaper Dimension, such as her Sierra story which introduced some magical elements into the dimension (which I guess makes sense since it's a dimension where all diaper stories are true at once), some on her Wordpress, and some on her Patreon.

A few years back I tried maintaining a guide to all the Diaper Dimension content, though many of the links are probably broken by now, and there were so many new and varying versions that it became a bit much to stay on top of.

39 minutes ago, ausdpr said:

A few years back I tried maintaining a guide to all the Diaper Dimension content, though many of the links are probably broken by now, and there were so many new and varying versions that it became a bit much to stay on top of.

Your guide was great until the board crash here ruined the majority of your links. @HyperShark has created a list that's as current as anything I know of at this point. 

• Like 2

I may post it in Critiques and Writer's Discussion if allowed in a couple of weeks. 

I originally hid it because it was a bit out of date and needed some more organisation done for me to be happy with it. 

• Like 1

The Diaper Dimension is very popular, so there's a lot to keep track of, but IMO any sort of collection/ thread of links and recomendations is better than none at all since it provides a starting point for people specifically looking for DD stories. As for writing your own DD stories- the sky is the limit. I recommend using general, basic building blocks of any good story- engaging characters and plot, setting, description, tension, etc. All the usual story fundamentals that make for a gripping yarn. Even a tropey recycled plot can still be entertaining if written well enough with well developed characters that readers care about. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, BabySofia said:

As far as things to help... If you want to borrow the sizes I have calculated out, you're welcome to them. 948355721_DDDimensionSizes-version1.thumb.jpg.91c0cbb21d9039d1cae0e309dafe4878.jpg

I came to look at the DD threads again because three of my newest ideas for something to write are DD stories. Somehow I managed to miss this when it was first posted, but wow, this is pretty handy! In fact, I hit the quote button in order to say thank you. Thank you BabySophia!

And this after I went and downloaded the data tables that are used the make the government provided charts. I'm guessing that you did something similar to make this chart? I'm probably still going to play around with those data tables. I'd like to make either a spreadsheet file or program that keeps the official numbers as the Mid/Betweener values and then lets you provide a multiplier for Littles and Bigs/Amazons and provides a table similar to this or a chart like the Length/Weight By Age charts you can find online but with Little/Mid/Big all showing so you can see where the overlapping spots are. If I manage to make anything useful I'll make sure to share it as well.

17 minutes ago, LittleFenny said:

I came to look at the DD threads again because three of my newest ideas for something to write are DD stories. Somehow I managed to miss this when it was first posted, but wow, this is pretty handy! In fact, I hit the quote button in order to say thank you. Thank you BabySophia!

And this after I went and downloaded the data tables that are used the make the government provided charts. I'm guessing that you did something similar to make this chart? I'm probably still going to play around with those data tables. I'd like to make either a spreadsheet file or program that keeps the official numbers as the Mid/Betweener values and then lets you provide a multiplier for Littles and Bigs/Amazons and provides a table similar to this or a chart like the Length/Weight By Age charts you can find online but with Little/Mid/Big all showing so you can see where the overlapping spots are. If I manage to make anything useful I'll make sure to share it as well.

Yes I based this off of a CDC growth chart. This actually my second attempt at this. My first didn't really take account of the extra 3D mass that is formed with the larger sizes. I ended up using BMI as my measure because that scaled the weights properly with the sizes. You can see my multipliers and the formula at the bottom of that image. Best wishes, and glad you think it is of some use!