LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The [[Witch]] - Chapter 25 (09/05/22)

Firstly, hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

Secondly, wow that random Amazon sure is a see you next Tuesday. 

I've thoroughly enjoyed this story. You have some interesting characters and the situations they've encountered have been different of sorts. Looking forward to the next part.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed part 2! And thank you all for the well wishes. I am mostly recovered.

---

Now comes the not so great news.

Covid knocked me on my ass. I was out of commission for nearly a week and a half, and I still have a slight cough.

I also quit the job I'd found at the start of the month because the job description and actual job were vastly different. They also tried to rush me back to work while I was bedridden, not a good sign.

So now I'm doing some big time applying and creating work samples.

This culminates in me having little time to write at the moment. Once I land a job I hope to have more time for writing.

Sorry for the bad news, I wish you all the best in the meantime. I'll be back with chapters asap.

• Sad 3

Yeah, I hate how these disgusting companies force people to work while sick with Corona. I'm happy to hear you're getting better and quit that job. If a company doesn't value your well being then they don't deserve your skills!

• Like 1

Best wishes for recovery! I'm glad you were able to get out of that situation!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Extra Chapter #2: Christmas Part 3

Tulip’s outburst pulls the attention of the stranger and her posse. The unnamed woman turns around to face the taller Amazon, wearing a bored look.

“Oh look, her mommy is going to yell at me.”

Rolling her eyes, the retort brings fresh laughter from the small crowd behind her. While Tulip’s face flushes in anger.

“I’m not… She’s my friend! What gives you the right to act like such a bitch!? Huh? What’d she do to you!?”

Unphased, Tulip’s verbal opponent tosses a hand up. Aimed at the dirtied girl on the ground. Her other hand perched on her waist.

“She left the house looking like that, making us all look bad. A pathetic excuse of an Amazon.”

“What a shit opinion! She’s not hurting anyone, and she looks cute! What’s so wrong with that!?”

Unconsciously, as if to protect Lenna from their gaze, pointing and ridicule, Tulip steps in front of fallen girl.

Staring down the offender.

“Cute for a little, maybe. If that’s what she wants to be then what’s wrong about treating her like one?”

“What?”

“Sometimes they must be reminded of their place. And if an Amazon wants to join them, well they’ll get the same treatment.”

From the nods and murmurs from those behind her it seems the group is largely in agreement. Much to the shock of Tulip whose mouth hangs agape before the stranger with an off sense of morality.

“…”

“If that’s all, then we’re leaving. We’ve had our fun. You certainly soured things.”

Turning back to her group she starts walking off, following behind her peers.

The words from the stranger spin in Tulip’s head. Leading her to a fast conclusion as she watches the woman inch farther and farther away.

Clenching her teeth, she moves forward before the stranger can get too far. A few short paces away and she places a firm grip on the shorter Amazon’s shoulder, halting her and roughly pulling her back.

“I think you’ve made a good point…”

“What? Get your hands- “

Shouting in disdain the girl’s words are cut off in surprise as her legs are swept out from under her by Tulip’s own. Before she can hit the ground Tulip catches her and manhandles her into position. Her left arm snaking around the smaller woman’s torso; locking like a vise.

This results in the struggling girl completely grappled. Her front facing Lenna and her rear facing her group of stunned friends.

“I think I should do my Amazonian duty and put a little brat in her place.”

While slowly speaking to the girl trapped in her arms, she uses her free right hand to yank down her pants. Exposing her underwear clad bottom to those present.

“The fuck- “

The rest of her expletive ridden sentiment is cut off by the loud crack of flesh hitting flesh. A series of thunderclaps echo forth as Tulip rains blow after blow with her free hand on the woman’s exposed cheeks.

Jolting from the pain she struggles harder to escape. Only making Tulip tighten her grip and increase the speed and power of her open palm.

“Ow! Ow!! OW!!! FUCK STOP!”

“Isn’t this. What you. Wanted? For the short. To be put. In their place?”

“NOT…! ME…!”

Between winces, yelps, and pain she forces the words out.

While this continues, a growing sense of satisfaction fills Tulip. More than happy to expose the warped Amazons’ hypocrisy and poor public behavior.

“Amazons. Should. Not. Act. Like. That.”

She punctuates each point with a powerful slap to the bottom.

Tired and broken from the pain the stranger yields, crying openly.

“Aaaah! Stop… I-I’m begging you… I’ll b-be good… Please!”

Hearing this, Tulip stops. Her hand mid-swing. She looks from her red and stinging hand to the bruised bottom of her captive.

She drops her gently. The once cruelly motivated Amazon sinks to the ground, sobbing into the snow and ice. Her bottom not the only aspect of herself bruised.

Aside from these pathetic sounds the sidewalk remains quiet. Her fearful friends refuse to act, lest they become the larger woman’s next victim.

After staring them down for a time, Tulip turns back to her friend. Whose head has yet left her knees and folded arms.

“Baby… Lenna, let’s go home.”

Supporting her friend, they walk back to the car. Where she takes over the role of driver once ensuring her friend is buckled in.

Despite her poor mental state and the painful feelings this event has brought about, a small piece of Lenna feels warm.

Perhaps the gentle words and the pet name used by her friend.

~~~

“You promised! You swore to Amelia that you would do this!”

“I didn’t think Witch would get it done!”

Gale and Amelia are at it again. Once the celebration ended each couple went their own way.

And upon the arrival to their now shared home, Amelia pulled out her gift from the Witch. A pair of rings. One small, one large. The source of this current argument.

“So, you only promised because you thought it would be impossible?”

“Hrk…”

Trapped by her own words, Gale swallows hard. Her firm will all but crumbling before the determined little currently straddling her lap and staring pointedly at her.

“Come on… It’s just one evening, Gale. Can’t Amelia just have that…?”

“F... Fine. Let’s get this over with before I change my mind.”

“YEEEESSSSS!”

With an excited shout the rings are removed from the box. Amelia has hers on in a flash, while Gale peers at hers.

“Um… Here goes?”

As the uncertain words spill forth, she plunges her ring finger into the hole.

And.

Nothing happens.

“Hold on, maybe Amelia didn’t find the instructions?”

“Pfft, I guess Witch skipped out on the quality assurance… Huh, wait a minute!”

As if reacting to Gale’s snarky comment, a pair of bright lights shine. Coming from each ring, blinding both women.

Then, as quickly as it appeared, the lights vanish.

As light spots fade from their vision, each girl is left with a different sight.

“Wow… Everything is so small!”

“Oof! The hell is so heavy!? And I still can’t see!”

“Gale? Where’d you go?”

An Amazon sized Amelia sits cross legged on the couch, facing the back cushions, and looking out across the now smaller house.

The muffled, tinier voice of Gale can be heard as Amelia looks around confused. Before finally seeming to realize what has occurred.

The former little reaches down between herself and the cushion, sitting up off her butt slightly. Pulling up the smaller and only marginally crushed Gale who she’d been sitting on.

“I swear my life flashed before my eyes, is that normal?”

“Haha… Sorry. Amelia didn’t think about our seating arrangement.”

Sheepishly she turns around with the former Amazon in her hands, seating herself properly. The shrunken Gale placed atop her lap.

Taking a moment to relax from her near-death experience, Gale leans back into her girlfriend. Her head brushing up against the relatively large bust above her.

“You’re fucking hu-“

“Ugh it’s all proportions Gale, Amelia’s just sized up! Maybe you’d have something if you had a body fat percentage greater than 14%…”

“I’m not going to ask how you know that.”

They sit in silence for a time. Adjusting to their temporary sizes.

Abruptly Amelia stands, cradling Gale in her arms. The now smaller woman jolts, fiercely grabbing onto her enlarged girlfriend.

“Woah! Okay, okay, I get it now! This is scary!”

“There’s no time to lose. We have so much to do and so little time to do it. Amelia needs to get your adorably sized butt all dolled up.”

“Oh. Oooh. Oh hell…”

Understanding Amelia’s intentions, she sighs knowing deep down that she had this coming. To a certain extent.

And hearing the defeated tone of her voice, Amelia laughs. All the while her free hand flits sensually along Gale’s body.

“Hey, maybe if you’re a good little girl Amelia will have a reward for you…”

~~~

“I believe you saved my gift for later, correct?”

Solstice has closed shop for the evening. With the remaining patrons and employees sent home, all that remains is me and Franz. We’ve retreated to his small apartment above the café.

With my nerves acting up, I do the only thing I can.

I stall.

As coyly as possible.

“I seem to recall not receiving a gift either.”

“Hm… Let us remedy that, then.”

From our seated position at his kitchen table, he nudges a crisp folder my way. Taking hold of the oversized paper container, I quickly flip through its contents.

Correspondence of varying sources. Emails. Texts. Phone calls. A lengthy list of names. From a quick glance it all seems connected. But not obviously so.

“What is this?”

In my boosted seat, I strain forward and hold the folder out to Franz who accepts it.

“Just a little investigative work. Someone brought you here. I will find out who, how, and why.”

“Hm…”

Truthfully, I’d not given it much thought. But given everything I know about this place, perhaps I should. Connecting these vastly different lands could lead to something… Not good. For either dimension.

“That is not to say I am not grateful to whoever caused this. It did lead to our paths crossing with yours.”

“You don’t have to butter me up, I get what this is about. Thank you, Franz. I appreciate what you’ve done.”

“Anything for you. Though perhaps I should set limits…”

“Ha, too late! I won’t forget that!”

We laugh, gaining short distance from the serious conversation and burying the topic for now.

Feeling just a bit less nervous, I decide it’s now time.

“Hey. Could you turn around… And close your eyes.”

“If you insist.”

Putting up no fuss, the Amazon stands and faces towards the front door.

With his gaze averted I hop down from the chair and walk a few steps deeper into the apartment, crossing into his bedroom. With some difficulty I climb onto his bed.

And I begin my work.

It hurts.

Like jumping into a pool of lava, without the relief of near instant death.

My flesh crawls and stings, eliciting hisses of pain from my lips.

“Are you alright?”

He asks, his tone wavering closer to concern than his usual calm.

“Yes... Don’t… Move.”

He doesn’t, holding still as before.

While my hands clenched in pain threaten to tear his sheets.

And with a bit more force, it is done. The constant and intense agony replaced with a slightly less intense one.

“I’m done, you can turn around.”

“Thank goodness, I was getting- “

Once fully turned and comprehending the scene before him, he comes to a confused halt.

This is a fair reaction considering I was now fully nude on his bed, in a seductive pose.

With my height on par with his, if not slightly taller.

With the tattoos covering every inch of my body noticeably absent.

“You like what you see?”

Taking the hint, he enters the room. His feelings masked and undiscernible. Without a word he joins me on the bed. I’m pinned beneath him.

Hovering above, he leans in, and I close my eyes.

“Why?”

Rather than a passionate kiss, he asks the simple question. His breathe caressing my ear.

“I thought you’d like a bit of a height change. Keep things interesting for our fourth go at it.”

Unamused he pulls back and gives me a look. Gingerly he puts a hand on my firm stomach, while taking notice of my reactions.

“Does it hurt or did it…?”

“No.”

I lie.

Though he obviously doesn’t believe me. The sounds I’d made just moments ago doing wonders to debunk my claim.

“You did not have to do this.”

“…”

“I would not want you to hurt yourself for me.”

“It’s not just for you. You know I hate them. They make me feel so… So…”

Ugly. Hideous. Monstrous.

“You are beautiful. The tattoos have no bearing on that.”

“That’s what they always say. They never really mean it.”

“I do. If you do not believe me, read my mind.”

Looking up at his sincere eyes, I know the truth without having to rely on magic.

He really is…

“So stupid.”

“Pardon me?”

“Thinking out loud. I really am dumb, huh? Can’t get over myself…”

Franz moves from his position atop, choosing to lay beside me. He pulls me close, rubbing my back.

“No, how about we just call it a senior moment?”

Even with my face buried in his chest I can feel the wry smile burning a hole in the top of my head.

“You’re really funny you know that? Maybe you should do a routine at Solstice.”

“I could not, really. My role is more that of the ‘straight man’”.

“Alright ‘straight man’, since this was a dud, I have an actual gift for you.”

Conjuring my usual outfit back, I pull a rock that fits in the palm of my Amazon sized hand from one of the sacks that typically line my waist. With that done, I send the clothing away.

After I place the rock in his hand, he looks at it. It thrums and seems to pulse. Giving off a yellow light.

“Why is it warm? What is this, Witch?”

“My heart. Or well, a stone synced with my heart. I don’t give this kind of thing out often, you know.”

“I will treasure it then. Thank you for such a precious gift.”

He places it on his bedside table, and we resume our positions holding one another.

I allow my concentration and the spell I’d placed on myself to lapse, returning the tattoos to their former prominence. Comfort replacing the torment my body was under.

Noticing the return of my tattoos, Franz poses a question.

“Care to explain how you were able to hide or remove the tattoos? I thought…”

“With a hint of steady concentration, just a dash of physical and mental anguish, and constant drainage on my magic, it becomes possible for a short time.”

“Hm… I see.”

Once again able to use other magic, I activate my body strengthening. And use it to quickly pin Franz down, as he had done to me. He appears surprised.

Things may have not gone to my exact plan. But improve is an art in of itself.

Though surprised, Franz certainly doesn’t seem to mind the domineering action, by the look on his face and the stiffening of a certain body part.

Giving him a devilish grin, I speak.

“Let’s enjoy the most of my current stature… Shall we?”

~~~

Not once did Tulip’s reassuring hand leave Lenna’s thigh on the drive home. And on their arrival, Tulip offered to help Lenna with the cleanup. Though the smaller Amazon declined.

Feeling embarrassed, down, and awful.

She browsed the television stations while waiting for her friend to finish showering up, and on her return noticed a distinct lack of crinkling.

No word of the incident was brought up.

They slipped back into the atmosphere they’d built up earlier. Though certainly depressed.

Then, Lenna called it early and slipped off to the nursery to sleep. Her eyes welling up and leaking as she drifted off.

She would awake the next morning in a different location. The master bedroom that her guest had claimed. Spooned and held in Tulip’s arms.

This would be how the pair slept during the remaining nights of Tulip’s visit. Comforted, Lenna would not cry herself to sleep on these nights.

The days themselves went by quickly, too quickly. Her friend’s presence did much to make her feel better and she was feeling more or less herself by the last day. Though she’d not dared to enter the nursery since.

It was then time for Tulip to leave. Back to her Island, back to her home.

“Thanks again for having me. I had a lot of fun, besides… You know.”

“Yeah. Me too…”

With her bags in hand and her ride out front, the time for an awkward farewell was at hand. Both woman appearing downcast.

“Maybe next time you can come over? My place isn’t as roomy, but it’d still be fun… Right?”

“Yeah. I’ll… Yeah.”

The taller Amazon peers down at her shorter friend, trying to remain positive. To which Lenna offers a sad nod and weak affirmation.

“Alright then… Good. I’ll let you know how the ol’ travelling goes. See you soon, Lenna.”

One final and quick side hug, and Tulip turns to open the door and leave. Grasping the knob with her hand.

“Oh, Oh god. Wait. Wait! Don’t!”

Arms from behind wrap around Tulip’s waist. Drawing her into a close hug. Lenna’s panicked voice continues.

“Please Tulip, please don’t go! I-I need you…”

“Lenna…”

“I love you! Being with you! Seeing you! Falling asleep in your arms! I… I can’t be alone!”

“Sweetie…”

The words quickly spill from her mouth like word vomit. Her eyes burn as she holds back the tears threatening to spill forth. While the object of her affection speaks softly, placing a hand on the arms holding her.

“I’ll do anything! Be anything! I’ll… I’ll give up the diapers, the baby stuff! Just please…!”

“No... Sweetie. You can’t, you shouldn’t. It’s who you are. And I can’t…”

Hearing that forces the dam to break. The tears flow freely as the sniffling starts.

Feeling just as bad, Tulip drops her bags and wiggles around to face Lenna, wrapping her in a hug of her own.

Looking down at the trembling girl in her arms, she reflects on the weekend they’ve shared. The calls and texts they’d shared previously. And she knows that she feels the same.

They really couldn’t go back to being ‘just friends’.

Quickly she arrives at a decision. A rash and certainly spontaneous one.

Tulip finishes the thought she’d trailed off on.

“I can’t come back without packing up my apartment… Right?”

“H-Huh?”

Lenna’s tear-stained face turns up, confused.

“I’ll take care of business back home and be right back in no time. Uh… That is, if you’ll have me?”

“Of course! Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Tears of sadness turned to joy as the two embraced with a kiss. Celebrating the decision that would forever intertwine their lives.

~~~

“Hello my lovelies! Sorry about the delay, we just finished getting ready!”

Lenna speaks enthusiastically to her watching audience. Appearing even more excited than usual. Fidgeting in place while crinkling up a storm in her pink overalls.

The various recording equipment face the play area of Lenna’s nursery. Toys and other gear are strewn about a large play mat.

Several months have passed in the lives of Tulip and Lenna since they’d decided to both move in together and officially form a relationship.

True to her word, Tulip refused to entertain any of Lenna’s offers to change her lifestyle.

In fact, she’d occasionally taken a more active role in Lenna’s kink/lifestyle. Taking on something of the occasional mommy role. Though most of their time was spent as adult partners in love.

Today, however, was something of a treat. Something special. For both Lenna and her audience.

Her viewers hit a subscription milestone, one that neither woman had thought possible.

Lenna was glad though. So very glad to have hit it.

“I’m s-still not sure how I feel about this…”

The reward for reaching said milestone was the current cause of Tulip’s uncharacteristic nervousness. Her anxious voice reaching the viewers at home, while she herself remained off screen.

“Come ooooonnnnnnnn Tulip! You said you would! You pinky swore!”

“Ugh… I did. God, why did I do that?”

“Because you wove me! Anyway, you look great!”

Lenna bats her eyes towards her off screen partner. A loud sigh echoes throughout the room in response.

“Yeah, yeah. I-I guess we should get this show on the road …”

Slowly Tulip makes her way onto the stream’s view. Erupting the chat into chaos, cheers, applause, and donations.

Rather than her typical wardrobe, today she’s wearing one of Lenna’s pink sundresses with a pink and yellow pacifier clipped on the collar.

While long on Lenna, it is short on her taller girlfriend. The garment does absolutely nothing to hide the (dry for the moment) bulky diaper wrapped around her bottom. Long, slender legs end in bootie covered feet.

She’s blushing up a storm. Which only adds to Lenna’s and the chat’s hype.

“See, I-They love it! You look adorable!”

“Well, if you say so... I still think this look suits you better.”

Once again turning to the camera, Tulip speaks directly to the audience.

“Now that my lovely little Tulip is here and looking cute, we’re ready for our playdate!”

Lowering themselves onto the playmat, for the remainder of the stream they did what good little girls do. They played.

Cementing Tulip’s status as mommy, playmate, and girlfriend to her beloved.

And neither girl would have it any other way.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
On 1/31/2022 at 3:21 PM, littlepinkdargon said:

Your health and wellbeing are priority 1. Wishing you a speedy recovery and best of luck with the job search.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:16 PM, Cya said:

Yeah, I hate how these disgusting companies force people to work while sick with Corona. I'm happy to hear you're getting better and quit that job. If a company doesn't value your well being then they don't deserve your skills!

On 2/1/2022 at 10:31 AM, YourFNF said:

Best wishes for recovery! I'm glad you were able to get out of that situation!

Thank you all for the well wishes. Fortunately my slight cough from Covid is over and I feel as healthy as ever. My job hunting was also fruitful, and I've landed a job that I start shortly. Hopefully meaning more time to write.

I hope everyone finds the chapter worth the wait.

Thank you all for reading and thank you for being patient for my return.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Christmas Extra #3 (03/20/22)

Yay I love it. Thank you. I was about to go to sleep and I decided to check on here one last time and I almost jumped out of bed with excitement when I saw this update. 

Happy you found a job. I’m hoping I get the job I interviewed for. I’ll know in a week. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s been a week since Christmas and our celebration came to an end.

It’s also been a week since I’ve seen anyone.

The morning after my fun with Franz, I went back to Amelia’s… Well, my apartment and began redecorating. Not before sending a message out that I’d need some ‘alone time’.

Speaking of the apartment, it looks a bit different to say the least.

Kept the bed, even upsized it to maximize lounge-ability. Most beds from my dimension are but a stone slab or pile of hay compared to this slice of heaven.

That aside, you could call what I’m doing a sabbatical. An introspection.

Rolling around the bed. Staring at the sky. Thinking. Remembering. Hurting.

I’m carrying too much baggage. And I’ve not once done a proper inventory on myself.

My heart shatters into a million pieces. Glue it back together weaker than before and forge ahead to the next heartbreak. The cycle I’ve repeated time and time again.

It’s piled up. The negativity. The scars. The curses.

What about your friends? Shouldn’t you bring this up with them? They’d hear you out and talk through it all. Right?

I had these thoughts.

They would, certainly. They did and had these past few months. Without a doubt I’ve grown and become a slightly better version of me, thanks to them.

But I don’t want to burden them. I don’t want to be the constant downer. I don’t want to saddle them with all that I carry. If it’s too heavy for me, what chance do they have?

The hardest part must be done on my own.

“Hey Witch, open up!”

Seems my self-imposed isolation is coming to an end. As Gale’s boisterous knocking reverberates through the room, almost overshadowing her muffled voice.

Fine by me, this is clearly something I’d have to return to later anyway. One can only take so much of oneself.

It’s been a while since I’ve given a tour of the old place… That might be fun. Pick the old spirits back up again.

From the bed I open the door. The room heeds my command.

~~~

We now stand outside Witch’s apartment door; continuing the argument that started when we left the gathering of Amazonian socialites.

Amelia supposes that ‘standing’ isn’t the proper word for both of us. Currently she rests in the crook of Gale’s arm.

Walking in these Crawler brand diapers is absurd, she would never have made it to the apartment if not for Gale’s help! And this position is quite comfortable…

Speaking of comfort, Amelia being able to refer to herself with ‘she’ brings forth a nice and warm feeling. Using Witch’s teachings and help, Amelia had made some progress on modifying her brain.

Of course, one of the first things she’d asked her magical friend about was fixing her speech pattern.

Unfortunately, healing magic wouldn’t get the trick done. The mental conditioning she hadn’t been able to remove had more or less become integrated into her body’s new baseline over the years. Our fleshy bodies and especially our minds may be fragile, but they are great at adapting to new circumstances…

So, if healing couldn’t do it, she’d have to rewire herself with magic. And already she can think about herself in a few different tenses and pronouns aside from third person. Sadly, these words still elude her verbal vocabulary.

But that day will come, Amelia is dedicated to fixing herself! Someday, she’ll be able to think of herself in that glorious, beautiful, and sweet first person singular… God willing, Amelia will speak it too…

“Are you sure we should bother her? She sounded pretty serious when she beamed or uh… Magic’d that message into our heads.”

Ah yes, back to the argument. Amelia sighs. Internally and externally.

The thoughts of her own progress vanishing to the far recesses of her mind.

“It’s been a week. We should check up on her. Also, she should know about what we heard at today’s gathering.”

At least that seems to pacify Gale somewhat.

Amelia swears, Gale sometimes chooses the oddest hills to die on.

“Hey Witch, open up!”

With her free hand, the one not holding Amelia, Gale loudly hammers away on the door. Surely drawing irritation from the other littles in the neighboring apartments.

The door opens, seemingly by itself. At least, Witch is nowhere to be seen.

“Hm, she hasn’t changed the place around too much.”

Gale nods in agreement. The living room looks exactly as Amelia had left it.

Amelia’s trusty steed moves onward, bending slightly to avoid being clotheslined by the ceiling.

Passing the threshold of the door, Gale stumbles slightly. Overcome by a feeling of vertigo, one shared by Amelia as well.

Our senses return to us shortly after. Revealing us to be in an unexpected space.

Rather than the apartment left to Witch, it appears we’d been transported to a cave. All things considering, a well-lit one at that. The cave’s ceiling has a large circular hole in it. From which soft light from an otherworldly sky pours in.

Dead center of the room is Witch herself. Laying on a large bed, with her long hair and limbs splayed out. Wearing her usual leather armor, lengthy black skirt, and cloak. It appears we’d interrupted her staring off into the distant sky.

Amelia is confused no doubt. This space was and is completely unexpected.

But still, overriding that is a small pang of irritation at Witch refusing to wear anything different. What is she, a character from one of those lame Amazonian sitcoms!?

Also recovering from the strange sight, Gale initiates conversation.

“Heyyyy… We were in the neighborhood, and we thought we’d stop by and see how you were doing… Though this was Amelia’s idea by the way.”

“You’re going to throw Amelia under the bus so quickly!?”

Unbelievable.

Though coming from Gale with that awful… And attractive… Sneaky grin, it’s very believable.

“I’m doing well, just finishing up on some redecorating.”

“About that… Amelia is concerned about getting the deposit back at this rate…”

“The door is just connected to this space of mine. Anyone entering without permission will find themselves in the actual apartment. So don’t worry.”

An internal sigh of relief. Witch’s grasp of common sense can be a little off. Her reassurance in this case means the world to Amelia.

Perhaps sensing Amelia’s feelings, Witch gives a mischievous look.

“Though if you really want, I could replace the room…”

“Are you trying to give Amelia an aneurism?”

The ancient girl laughs and hops out of her bed. Seeming livelier than when we’d initially arrived. The sullen and thoughtful look on her face dispersed with a smile.

“Well, you two went to the trouble of coming… So how about a tour?”

Walking in our direction, Witch stretches her body out. In response, Amelia and Gale look around the space.

Aside from the bed and skylight, the wide cavern we’re in contains a spring originating from a crack in the cave’s wall. It pools into a glittering pond on our right.

Plants and flowers soaking up the dim light’s rays litter the ground between stone paths laid out in the room.

To the left, near the walls where it is less lit, there is a desk and chair. Amelia can barely make out the large pile of books atop it.

And littered along the cave walls, doors and hallways branch off. Amelia assumes these halls will be the focus of the tour.

“I’m down. But before you and Amelia start getting caught up on the magic talk, I have to know one thing. Will we see treasure… Will there be weapons!?”

“Yeah, there’s rooms for that. Of course.”

Gale pumps her fist in visible excitement. The prospect of other dimension treasure and weaponry peaking the Amazon’s interest.

Amelia would make fun of her girlfriend for that… But she feels the same way about magic…

“Can you put Amelia down?”

“Are you sure you can walk in that? We probably should’ve stopped home and changed into our regular clothes.”

Gale asks in response. Giving an emphatical pat and squeeze on Amelia’s heavily padded bottom.

Amelia did not need that… Amelia is very much aware of what she is wearing!

“Amelia will manage! Just stop that!”

Cheeks burning, Amelia is finally set down. Squeezing her legs together, attempting to bend the thick and slightly sodden plastic to conform to her gait.

“Children, children, let’s get going on the tour!”

“I’d say one of us is dressed a bit more childish than the other right now…”

“Grrrr...”

An angry and not at all menacing growl is all Amelia can muster at Gale’s teasing.

Looking serious for a moment, Witch interrupts the banter.

“Also, this is important. Stick close. This space is under my control but it and some of the objects here can have… Some quirks about them.”

While going over what seems to be the only rule, Witch walks backwards down a stone path. Heading towards one of the shadowy hallways on our left. The hallway closest to the desk. She moves like someone used to giving professional tours. Though her stretching continues.

It’s been a week but Amelia cannot recall Witch bending and twisting herself so much.

Drifting closer to the cavern walls, it becomes apparent that they’re painted. Various portraits and sceneries litter the wall. Each piece carrying its own distinctive artistic style.

No time to dwell on that, however. As we pass into the hallway torches flicker to life. Illuminating our path as we continue.

“To your left and right you’ll see a wide variety of armor. Chain, plate, leather; you name it. I got it.”

She just might too. On either side of us, a vast array of wooden mannequins dressed in armor are set into the wall.

The two of us look in awe at the collection. Some of the pieces even give off magic detectable by Amelia.

Bending her torso back and forth an audible pop comes from their guide. Soon followed with a relieved sigh.

“You’re stretching an awful lot; did you sleep wrong?”

While inspecting a simple leather armor, Gale poses this question to Witch.

Amelia can’t say that she isn’t wondering herself.

“Ah… Heheh… Well, when you lay down for a week it feels good to stretch out.”

“You didn’t get off that bed for a week!? Amelia doesn’t believe you.”

While sheepishly rubbing her head, Witch nods as if confirming her own statement.

“Once I laid and slept on the cavern floor for the better part of a century. Now that I have the bed, imagine by how much I could break that record!”

Gale looks incredulously at our friend as well.

“What? Why?”

“Wasn’t really feeling it. I was in a particularly bad funk, and time just sort of flew by.”

“Amelia’s been there… Erm, perhaps in a more time scaled fashion though.”

It’s understandable. Most everyone feels the need to just lay down and let the world go by sometimes. After Amelia was saved by Gale, she didn’t want to leave the bed for a while.

“Up ahead should be some treasure and weaponry you’re so excited about, Gale. Once we get past the armor.”

Switching topics, Witch points behind herself. An eager Gale stops inspecting the armor that had caught her eye and shuffles forward at a brisk pace.

“Well, if you insist. I guess we could take a peek…”

“No touching, Gale!”

Amelia’s admonishment goes unheard as Gale is already leagues ahead of us. Witch turns around and picks up her pace as well to keep up with the Amazon.

...!

Despite her best effort, Amelia can’t keep up. The diaper around Amelia’s waist hampers all progress. An unwieldy waddle is the best she can manage!

“H-Hey, wait up for Amelia!”

Despite seeming in range of Witch at least, her friend shows no sign of hearing.

Instead, Amelia loses sight as she disappears around a corner.

Bringing forth a burst of speed despite the garment around her waist, Amelia hurries to the corner and…

“Oh no…”

A dark and empty hallway greets her.

Chapter 21: Apartment Tour

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Once again I return bearing a new chapter. This time taking significantly less time to write with the increase in my available writing time. If it wasn't clear enough in the introduction, this chapter resumes about where the Christmas Extra left off.

I hope everyone enjoys the chapter, and I thank you once again for continuing to follow and comment on the story.

Everyone's words and readership is greatly appreciated. See you soon with more.

• Like 8
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 21 (03/30/22)

Yay I love it. I knew someone was going to get lost. I half expected Witch to temporarily change Gale’s to match Amilias as a joke when Gale was teasing her girlfriend.  This is such a fun story to read. 

Extra Chapter #3: April 1st

One year.

That’s how long I’ve remained in this strange dimension since finding myself pulled into it.

I’ll never forget that day. And that’s saying something considering the experiences I’ve lived through in this never-ending eternity.

One minute I’m faking my way through an execution. The next I’m waking up in a field. An odd one at that, with towers of steel scraping the very skies.

That’s not the only odd occurrence of that day… I wouldn’t consider myself a tall or short person. My height is usually average. So, imagine my shock when I stand and realize I’m a giant. Well, Amazon as they call them here.

Speaking of that, interacting with people here is odd. Obviously, the full body tattoos scare off some. But hey, no one recognizes me here. And from what I can tell no one seems to use magic. Fresh start, right?

You’d think that. But anyone with a short stature, littles I guess, avoid me like the plague. Even when I’m fully covered and hiding my appearance. The other giants… Amazons, don’t want anything to do with me either. All they talk about is babies. Babies, children, littles. These words get thrown around, all meaning the same thing. I can’t relate, I don’t understand the obsession.

Anyway, despite being so soul crushingly alone, I’ve found some enjoyment here. New experiences to distract me from…

Oh man, the beds here, they’re amazing. I doubt I could create anything half as good with magic. The food is also great. Top ten out of any of the worlds back in my dimension, certainly.

Yep. That’s about it. That’s how I spend most of my days. Wake up in my pocket dimension home, in my recently obtained bed, and roam the city of Elmsbury. Watch the Amazons and littles go about their day. Eat out, paying with whatever cash I conjure up. Go back home and sleep for a few days or weeks at a time.

And repeat.

Again. And again. And. Again.

I should get up. Maybe going out will help. How long have I been laying around?

A month? Really? Damn…

That’s it, we’re doing this. Time for fresh air.

I jump to my feet. The sound of my boots hitting the stone floor reverberates around the cavern. Before the sound grinds to a halt, I’ve completed my post-nap stretches.

Understanding my intentions, the space warps around me. Closing the distance between the bed and the front door in an instance.

With a tug of the handle the door opens, and I step out into an empty alley in the city’s downtown area. The door disappears behind me.

It was simple, rigging the door to only appear in a location without anyone nearby.

Down the familiar street I walk. Pondering my food options. Not that I was hungry. Or could feel hunger. It’s just something to do.

Solstice has been good, the several times I’ve been. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. As well as daily specials and a good selection of coffees and teas.

It’s one of the few places in town operated by an ‘unclaimed little’. He goes by the name Franz, he’s an older man. He gives me an odd feeling, a strong one. I’m sure he feels similarly by the way he looks at me. But I’ve not felt magic from him, he just must have good senses about him.

He’s content to leave me alone, however. Which is fine by me. It’s not like I want to interact with someone…

No Solstice today. I’ll just grab some snacks from someplace fast.

~~~

Goodies in hand, I continue walking the street. I’ve mustered up a collection of Amazon and little themed treats. The Amazon oriented ones are typically seasoned, spicy, or more plain tasting. The little oriented ones are typically sweet. Absurdly so.

Variety is the spice of life. With that motto in mind, I purchase both styles, even if my tastes lean towards the Amazon flavors.

Up ahead is a nice park area nested in the city. A bench with a good view of the fountain has my name on it. That ought to boost my mood.

“GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS OFF- MMMMPH!”

“What a naughty little girl you are! Maybe this will help you learn some manners…”

Oh?

The bench I’d mentally claimed appears to be currently in use.

Four Amazons hover over it, bent slightly. The cut off yelling seeming to originate from them.

Getting a closer look at the situation, it seems that the Amazons using my bench have caught themselves a little. Three of them hold down the fiery, and enraged girl. A feat they barely seem capable of managing. While the fourth works on affixing a white garment with tabs around her waist. From what I know if this place, that garment is certainly a diaper. A large, bulbous and inflated pacifier gags the little.

The little appears to be just below the average height of a little, certainly unfortunate for her. Her brown hair is tied back into a ponytail. Her brown eyes dart around, seeking an escape route doomed to never present itself. She appears to be quite athletic, explaining her good fight against her captors. Her shirt is simple, grey, and sleeveless. A pair of discarded, baggy trousers decorate the ground next to the bench.

“Almost done… Soon you’ll be coming home with me! Mommy is going to need to do some work on you, that’s for sure.”

At that provocation the little’s frantic thrashing increases. Throwing the Amazon’s holding her down for a loop. Ultimately, they hold fast. Even with her impressive athleticism, the number and size advantages are too much to overcome.

Perhaps realizing that her time is up, angry tears roll down her puffed cheeks. Angry and exhausted exhales still coming from her unblocked nose.

Not wanting to get involved with this mess, I turn around. I suppose I’ll have to try another spot…

Wait.

Hold on.

Maybe I do want to get involved with this mess.

Could this be the perfect opportunity to… To… Make a friend? Could this be fate?

I’d watched scenes like this occur regularly on my excursions around the city. Not once had these thoughts invaded my mind.

Is this desperation? Is this crazy? Has the empty and black void within me grown too deep?

“Let her go, she’s already claimed.”

Giving in to my impulses, I enter the fray with a bold declaration.

The four Amazons and even the little give me confused looks.

“This wild child?”

“Claimed? Yeah right, get lost.”

“Find your own little.”

They direct their disbelief at me.

It was worth a shot.

“[[Memory Manipulation]]”

Have you ever had a moment where… You just suddenly forget what you were doing? Maybe a moment where more time has passed than you thought?

Funnily enough, these Amazons would suffer from a case of that. Rather than waste time implanting new memories into them, I rip out their old ones like a weeding gardener. Any memory relating to this little, including the ones of chasing her down in the park, are erased.

The moment I began tearing through their minds, they jolted upright fully. Losing their grip on the small woman, whose features twist into further confusion.

And it’s in that jolted position they will remain until after we’ve left their presence.

Satisfied with my work, I turn to the girl who remains still laying on my sought-after bench.

“So… What’s your name?”

My question didn’t seem to help her confusion. It would seem that my lack of social interaction is already dooming this friendship before it even starts.

“Mmmph. Mmmmmmph!”

A silenced grunt is all I get from the girl. She points at her mouth, and I realize my mistake.

“Ah! Sorry, Sorry.”

Reaching forward I press the release on the pacifier. She opens her mouth with an audible crack as she stretches it. The pacifier falls to the ground.

“Oooh… That’s it. Sweet release! The name’s Gale.”

“Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Ahh, I guess the circumstances are quite poor…”

“You can say that again… Why’d you help me? And how’d you do this?”

Putting the pleasantries aside, Gale suspiciously interrogates me. Her raised hands directed at the frozen Amazons surrounding. Thinking quick on my feet I go full force in answering the first question while avoiding the second.

“Would you believe that I sensed the fires of friendship kindling in your cries for help?”

“Psh, I didn’t cry for help. You’re a funny one, as far as Amazons go.”

Rolling her eyes at my attempt at a joke, she ultimately smiles. Seeming to get the picture that I didn’t intend to swoop in and finish the job started by the others.

“Thanks. I’ve had plenty of time to work on my routine.”

“Anyway, you did end up saving me. So, thank you. I was probably a goner there.”

“It’s nothing… Uh… Do you need help getting home…? Or…”

Already caught up in our conversation I’d once again become aware of our current position. While the park was empty, someone could at any moment enter this area and need to have their mind erased as well. That and Gale was currently wearing a thick diaper. The clothing she’d worn on her bottom half previously now laying dirty and covered in mud on the ground.

It seems that Gale was equally distracted as her face clouds in embarrassment.

“… If you wouldn’t mind…”

Realistically there would be no way for her to get home without assistance from an Amazon. A thickly padded little. Running around the street. Without pants. She’d certainly have a hoard of Amazons chasing her down.

“Well, if you’ll excuse me…”

Awkwardly I pick her up and place her into the crook of my arm. She pulls her shirt down, trying to maintain some level of modesty and then locks her arms in an irritated cross to keep it down.

As we leave the park, I choose to assist in her quest to retain modesty. A quick and silent spell prevents those around us from perceiving us.

“Actually, I have a friend around here. She’s close by if you wouldn’t mind…”

“Lead the way.”

With the little’s guidance we eventually arrive at a large apartment complex for Amazons. At the second floor we arrive at a door that Gale has me knock on.

Seconds later and the door is unlocked and opened.

A shocked Amazon appears from behind. She wears a puffy white hat that sits atop her blond locks. Green eyes stare at me suspiciously while softening to concern while pointed at Gale. Her mid-thigh white dress appears very fashionable.

“Gale, are you okay!?”

These are the first words from her mouth.

In response Gale puts up a calming hand and a roll of her eyes.

“Don’t worry, Amelia. I ran into some trouble at the park. Fortunately, this Amazon offered a hand.”

“Uh, hello. It’s good to meet you. Ahh, I guess the circumstances are quite poor…”

“Do you say that a lot, this is the second time now!?”

It’s almost certainly my nerves.

Gale’s outburst aside, Amelia reenters the conversation.

“You scared the hell out of Amelia! Showing up in the arms of some hooded Amazon! Dressed like that!”

“Trust me, I was just as scared if not more so.”

Arriving at the realization that I probably don’t need to hold Gale anymore, I place her down. She waddles her way over to Amelia’s side.

“Thank you so much for saving her. Gale is Amelia’s best friend. Amelia wouldn’t know what to if something happened to her…”

“Ah you’re overreacting, you’d be fine.”

“Amelia would be distraught! Amelia would never be fine!”

“Don’t worry about it, it was nothing...”

It has been only a short amount of time since I’d reunited the friends. However, I was already feeling like a third wheel.

Absentmindedly and anxiously, I rub the back of my head through the cloak’s hood.

The negative thoughts start flooding in once again. As they always do.

It was short, I guess. But… Fun while it lasted.

They seem like good people. They probably don’t want anything to do with me.

Having said my meager goodbye, I turn. Leaving the pair to their bickering, I make my way down the apartment’s staircase.

“Wait, come back!”

“Hold it!”

“Huh?”

Baffled I turn back to the voices of the two women.

“You don’t have to rush out. Unless you have something to do. Amelia isn’t hold you up, is Amelia!?”

“Ah. Er… No. I mean, I’m free.”

“Come on in, regale Amelia with the tale of how you saved me from certain peril.”

“Oh… Oh! Yeah, sure!”

The invitation doing much to lift my plummeting spirits, I head back towards Amelia’s apartment. That simple act quelling much of the ache in my heart.

“You’ve got both our names now, but I don’t think we’ve caught yours yet.”

“Oh, sorry. My name is [[Witch]].”

“What?”

“How are you saying that?”

I’ll never forget this day. This one, right here.

This moment… The chance encounter that would forever intertwine our destinies.

So many more experiences. Ones not just involving beds and eating would make their way into my life. My frozen time would begin to move again. All thanks to them.

The three of us, and soon to be four, would become fast and great friends.

The sort of friends that you only meet once in a lifetime.

Hello everyone, I hope this is as much of a pleasant surprise for you as it was for me. Another chapter, so soon! I certainly didn't expect to put this out. But the idea for a holiday chapter came to me and came out really fast on paper.

I didn't give it the thorough go-over that I usually give chapters because I wanted it out as close as possible to the holiday in question. But I'll look at it again when I wake up tomorrow and fix any issues I find.

That said, thank you all for reading and hopefully you all have a great start of April.

• Like 6
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Extra Chapter: April 1st (04/02/22)
8 minutes ago, kerry said:

I find myself wondering why [[Witch]] and Amelia are Amazons and Gale is a little. Maybe it's an April Fool's thing?

Yes.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Walking through these flame lit halls has made it apparent to Amelia that she is hopelessly lost. 

Given her age, Witch’s menagerie must be huge. Every turn down these winding corridors brings forth a new assortment of objects… And creatures.  

With its assumed size and certainly magical nature, Amelia has no other choice than conclude this space lacks any coherent structure. The layout is completely random. She has backtracked several times only to find herself staring down an unfamiliar artifact. 

It’s not as though the compass on her phone is of any help either. It spins in circles and locks randomly. As if magnetic fields in this space appear and disappear at the whim of some third party. 

Amelia could very well die at this rate. 

The panicked and sudden thought gives her the shivers... 

And a fresh warmth in the already damp padding she’d arrived in. 

As much as her gut instincts push her towards panic, surely Witch would find Amelia long before starvation or dehydration. Right…? 

So, Amelia continues onward. It’s the only card she can play. 

“Disciple of the [[Witch]]! How wonderous of you to visit!” 

From the darkness ahead, an unusually peppy voice calls out. 

“Uh…” 

Amelia, certain the voice is referring to herself performs the only action that makes sense. 

“H-Hold child, do not leave! Your visit is a fated one!” 

She books it in the opposite direction.  As best she can anyway, with the diaper hampering her progress.  

If she gets out of this situation, Gale is catching hell for dressing her in the thickest brand they have... Keeping appearances Amelia’s ass! 

Amelia maintains her waddling sprint for several minutes. The protesting voice behind falling to silence as she plods along. 

“Hah… Yeah… Right! Hoo…” 

The words echo out in the tunnel around her, between gasps and pants from the sudden burst of hampered and sustained physical activity.  

Perhaps Amelia should accept Gale’s training offer. Or cheat and have Witch to teach her that enhancement magic.  

Probably the latter. 

Regardless, it should be safe to catch a breath now. 

Amelia’s bottom leans against the wall to form a makeshift chair. Back arches and hands lock onto knees to assist in the support. And finally, her lungs do the most important work. Pulling in huge breaths of dank ‘basementy’ fresh air. 

She was initially annoyed at Gale for causing this predicament. But shit… now Amelia’d be overjoyed and ecstatic to see that lovable smirk on that big, dumb, Amazonian face of hers. 

This house tour was quickly becoming something more than she’d bargained for. 

“You know, this is my bad! Totally my fault!” 

The same voice Amelia had run from speaks up. Closer now, seemingly surrounding her. It continues, not waiting for a response. 

“A voice calls out in the dark when you’re lost... Who wouldn’t run!? Sorry about that little lady! I hope we can start over! You’re going to want to hear me out, I promise!” 

Too tired from the fading adrenaline to attempt another escape, Amelia lifts her head. No longer in a hallway, she’s been transported to a vast empty space. The walls and ceiling cannot be made out, just light that fades to black. 

“Oof!” 

A small amount of wind gets knocked out of Amelia’s system. Without a wall to support her anymore she falls to her bottom with an audible squish. 

“Sorry again! I probably should’ve warned you about that!” 

The ever-cheerful voice chimes up again. This time, now behind Amelia.  

Clumsily hopping to her feet she turns around. To a peculiar site to say the least... 

Greeting her gaze is a statue taller than her, betweener sized. A robed man holding a tranquil meditative pose made of bronze. Legs pulled inward and palms resting on the thighs. Eyes closed with a peaceful smile. 

If the statue is what’s speaking it’s not even close to being a proper match with that voice. 

“Well, sorry for not matching! I’d consider myself quite the upbeat fellow you know! To be in this line of work you’d have to be!” 

As if reading Amelia's mind, the voice resonates from the still statue. 

“Uh... Sorry about that, can you-” 

“Read your mind?! No, no, no! That’s a bit beyond my abilities! You just asked about my contrasting voice, right!?” 

“Amelia doesn’t think so...” 

“Oh! Sorry, got ahead of myself there! I’ll try to focus on the now! Ha! Ha! Ha!” 

The voice chuckles in the manner of someone laughing at an in-joke. The upbeat personality and pattern of speaking while seemingly intended to put Amelia at ease only puts her more on guard. 

Years of keeping an eye out on ‘off’ Amazons has given Amelia a bit of an edge on sniffing out weirdos. And this thing is a suspicious character. Very suspicious indeed. 

And despite her best judgement, it seems like Amelia is going to have to play ball... 

“Earlier you said this was a ‘fated meeting’? Did you separate Amelia from Witch and Gale?” 

“Straight to the point I see! I like it! You could say I had a hand in that! [[Witch]] certainly wouldn’t have let us meet if I’d asked!” 

“It sounds like Amelia’s initial reaction was the correct one then.” 

“Probably for the best in this place! Between you and I, some of the things she’s got locked up in this place don’t mean too well! Nor are they as well adjusted as yours truly!” 

The voice speaks conspiratorially, punctuating its sentence with a boisterous ‘hmph’. 

Its indirect manner of speaking puts Amelia off a bit. Combined with her initial feelings it's hard not to feel like fleeing. But there’s no obvious way to escape. 

“Maybe we should introduce ourselves. Amelia is... Well, Amelia. Though you’d already called Amelia Witch’s disciple so you probably knew all that.” 

“Of course, how scatterbrained can I be! Introductions are the most important part for a true showman! I am teller of fortunes! Seer of futures! Knower of fates! Azameric the Amazing!” 

The statue’s voice pauses after delivering what can only be described as a carnival barker’s call.  

In response Amelia delivers an uneasy applause. And having seemingly acquired what it wanted from Amelia, Azameric resumes. 

“Thank you! Truly thank you! The great Azameric has been sought out by kings! Powerful magic wielders! Demons and Gods! They’ve bent ears to me all the same! And! Now! Here you are! Don’t be shy! Ask away!” 

“Amelia is... Um quite... Surprised.” 

And quite skeptical to say the least. Magic is one thing to believe in, but a shady carny is another entirely. It almost feels like it’s going to sell Amelia a car rather than tell a fortune. 

“No worries, dear, no worries at all! Ol’ Azameric has encountered his fair share of skeptics in his time! Good on you for not trusting every talking statue that passes you by!” 

“Thanks... Amelia guesses?” 

That said my dear guest! Would a phony know... About. Your. Family...?” 

Ditching the tone he’d carried since encountering Amelia; the second half of the statue’s sentence ends serious and trails off. Open ended. 

Amelia stiffens at his words. He's touched on a sore point, one that only Gale understands. How could he know? 

Maybe he’s bluffing. Play it off. 

“W-What?” 

Damn. Amelia’s stutters at the wrong time. Unable to fully hide her feelings. 

“It’s not oft that a little makes their way to Amazon controlled territory. What with communication to little governed islands being severed entirely. Just a routinely automated cheque in the mail once the fledgling’s earned an education and started work... Or become adopted.” 

“Amelia isn’t too impressed; you’ve clearly done your research. That... That’s all.” 

Feisty! Though true. Anyone who’s done some research might know that much. Hypothetically speaking, anyone could piece together that your parents and younger brother would forever worry about what became of you. For the remainder of their lives.” 

“That’s ri... Wait. Amelia doesn’t...” 

Gears turn in Amelia’s head. Mentally rewinding the statue’s words and dissecting the information. 

Finally comprehending Azameric’s words, Amelia is gutted. She stares at the smugly sounding statue, stricken. 

Amelia feels her face fall despite herself. 

“You don’t. Not yet anyway. Give it a few more years.” 

Whether the mysterious figure intended to or not, Amelia’s been wounded. 

She’d rather not know. Anything else. 

“Stop. Please... Amelia believes you.” 

“Hm... I really am sorry. Everything aside, I- we don’t have time to play games right now. This was the quickest route. Trust me. If it’s any consolation no one else in your family will leave for Amazonian land. Yours is a tale passed down through the generations.” 

“...” 

Honestly it does help, albeit a little. It hurts to not see them again. To know she will forever be in their thoughts, missing from their lives. But knowing they will never end up like Amelia’s worst fears is a small blessing. 

The statue clears its throat, breaking Amelia from these thoughts. Apparently lacking time, Azameric intends to hurry things along. 

“It will take the four of you to overcome the trials ahead. No more. No less. Understand? Write it on your hand if you don’t trust your head. You are weak. All of you lacking. But together something more.” 

“Is this about asking Witch for help? Gale and Amelia were already-” 

“It may and it may not. For better or worse she will abandon her isolationist principles to protect what she deems hers. Fret not, you will get what you seek.” 

A slight fear checked off the list. Amelia had worried that Witch wouldn’t agree to assist them in the next operation. 

The statue continues without waiting for a reply. 

“In the lingering shadow of many realities I see that you would shy away from abusing your relationship with the [[Witch]]. In others...Well, be cautious where you invoke her assistance.” 

“Amelia will.” 

“Grow your own skills for the time ahead. Relying solely on others alone may leave you in a tight spot. To think lightly of the coming storm is to ensure your greatest fears become reality.” 

Feeling emboldened by his familiarity and prophetic words, Amelia speaks up. 

“What comes ahead... Is it really so serious? This is all so vague; can you be a bit more direct?” 

“Ha! Everyone asks that! Even the great me has rules to abide by you know!” 

Having delivered the intended message, his tone lightens up again. 

In reply, Amelia exhales. So very exhausted by the recent events. 

“It was worth a shot at least.” 

“Chin up girlie! The future may be uncertain but if you face it even half as well as you faced me then fortune will favor you!” 

“Did Amelia do all that much?” 

“You didn’t faint did ya?! Till we never meet again!” 

“Wait! Help Amelia get out of here! Hey!” 

The statue vanishes from the room, leaving behind only echoing laughter and Amelia’s memory of the encounter. 

Now she’s back where she started, lost and alone. 

However, before she’s allowed the time fret over her circumstances a tugging sensation on her leg jolts Amelia. 

“Oh fuck!” 

Blinking and scrambling backward Amelia bumps into a wall. Once again returned to roughly the same area she’d been in before Azameric’s interference. 

And looking back to the spot she’d been standing before the jolt is a familiar and most welcome sight. 

Oh, thank God! Can you help Amelia!?” 

A soft whir and several incomprehensible clicks accompany a nod of the head. 

The golem she’d gifted her friend has come to her rescue. 

Chapter 22: Prophetic Wisdom 

I hope this chapter comes as a pleasant surprise to everyone. I'd like to try not to leave you guys hanging a month and a half between updates!

On 5/19/2022 at 10:03 AM, Guilend said:

I hope everything is going well for you? 

That said, 2022 has not been great to me so far. Got pretty down and feeling bad, the lack of updates is due to that. Not to jinx anything, but things are a thousand percent better now. Nothing to go too deep into, just know I'm feeling good now.

Hopefully I'll see you all soon with 23.

Thank you all once again for continuing to follow this story. The comments, likes, reads, and interactions you drop on this story are like a 5-hour energy injected directly into my heart. All of you are greatly appreciated.

• Like 9
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 22 (06/01/22)

I love the foreshadowing and the fact that we got another Amelia chapter. It makes sense that she would assume that the fortune has to do with a future operation instead of the [Witch]'s dimension seeping into their own and unleashing horrors up on them that no amount of Amazonian torture could ever hope to match.

Nicely done. I really enjoy reading this story!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone’s made a fool of me in my own home. Leaving me feeling quite annoyed.

“I am really, so very sorry...”

Gale won’t stop apologizing for running off, the act that set off Amelia’s apparent abduction.

“It’s not your fault. You were a perfect partner for that relic; you could not resist its call.”

Usually this isn’t a problem as it should’ve been sealed up with the other powerful arms.

Yet that seal had been peeled off. But by who?

There’s maybe a dozen or so here with that level of authority, access, and ability to hide from me. And even less willing to risk garnering my ire.

So, it was time for a chat…

“I was taking quite the nap, no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Sorry boss, not me, no way.”

“Why’s that you always pull me up when shit happens here, eh?”

One after another I form mental links with the suspects scattered throughout the domain. However, I receive similar answers from all. Clueless. The lot of them.

There was one nugget of information to be gleaned from this inquisition. Everyone answered my call with a level of promptness. Everyone but a certain statue.

That damned seer, predictably unpredictable.

“He’s the last person I wanted it to be. Couldn’t it have been a demon? I’d have even taken a genie or primordial...”

“Did you... Find something out? You’ve been standing there for a bit.”

“I think. I hope. Regardless, I’ll tear this place apart stone by stone if I must.”

“Not while we’re in here I hope!”

“We’ll give the less damaging plan a shot first.”

On my whim the space around us warps and changes, taking the two of us to my envisioned destination. Gale stumbles uneasily, the fast change disorienting her.

As intended, we arrive in a new hallway, facing a room covered floor to ceiling with junk. Weapons, armor, antiques, etc. Some rusted. Some imbued with magic. All without use.

And there, doing its job, is just the solution to our problem.

“Is that-”

“Yes, it's Amelia’s golem. He can try and hide her from me, but not from us both at the same time.”

It oozes her magical signature and as her creation is linked closely to her. No matter how well hidden she is here, this can bring her back.

Blue pixelated eyes peer up at us. Its round head turns inquisitively.

Despite the interest in us, it continues its appointed job. The golem’s mouth opens slightly revealing a varied assortment of sharp and flat, thick metallic teeth. Perfect for sheering and crushing the runed dagger it holds in its hand.

Which it does, shoving the weapon in blade first. Fortunately, the creature’s thick dome prevents us from being subjugated to the sound of worked metal.

“I have new orders for you. Please find your creator.”

It pauses momentarily before nodding and exiting the room, heading off into the dark.

Lo and behold, minutes later it returns Amelia in tow. Unharmed and just as we’d last seen her. Well... Her choice in underwear appears a bit droopier...

Gale rushes forward, quickly yanking up the smaller girl and wrapping her in a massive hug.

“OhThankGodYou’reOkayI’mSoSorryThisWasAllMy-”

“Cn... Breathe!”

Gale eases up. Allowing Amelia to take a deep breath and more comfortably return the hug.

The small girl’s attention quickly turns to me.

“What did you do to my golem?”

“Hm?”

“Are you messing with Amelia!? He’s like two feet taller! His mechanics are a bit more complex as well!”

“Ah, does he have a name?”

“It’s Caelum but that’s not important right now!”

Having completed his latest task, Caelum returns to the pile of various debris. Once more shoveling various objects into his metallic mouth.

“I didn’t do anything. I just ordered him to do a bit of tidying up.”

“Then... He’s growing?”

“Fairly advanced if you ask me. Your casting could use work but you’re a natural artificer.”

I’d have to take a closer look, but if I had to guess it’s not only his body that grows. Caelum will certainly become more intelligent as well. Especially if he continues to eat some of the more magically charged junk.

“Thank you Witch, that means a lo- Wait, Amelia is getting even more side tracked! Azameric found Amelia first.”

“You shouldn’t repeat anything you hear from him.”

“What?”

“I don’t play with knowledge from the future. Attempting to avert a foreseen disaster could lead to even greater tragedy. Especially if it’s something you hear from that statue.”

“He was pretty vague, mostly warnings about what’s to come.”

“I see then, well I’m glad it was just that.”

“Actually, it might be a bit related to something Amelia and Gale have to talk to you about...”

She speaks nervously. Throwing a glance up to Gale who still has her clutched rather tightly to her bosom.

I sigh, exhaling long. Anything related to that statue will be draining to say the least.

“Alright, let’s hear it.”

~~~

Once they’d said their piece and received my pledge of support, the pair departed as Amelia was in desperate need of a change.

I’d see them tonight at Solstice for dinner with Franz.

Until then I’ll be rolling around the bed. Thinking about what they’d asked of me.

“Looking quite down there dear!”

The last thing I want to see now has appeared.

First his obnoxious voice, then the statue materializes in the space before my bed.

“Your boldness borders stupidity to show your face around so soon.”

“You can’t have one without the other!”

I grumble and turn away from the offending statue. Stretching an arm up I manage to find a pillow with does wonders to obscure my vision and muffle the grating voice.

“Whatever it is you’re after, I don’t have the patience to deal with it or you.”

“Come now, it’s been several hundred years since our last conversation! If you don’t occasionally pull me out of storage…! I might rust, you know?!”

“Would that be so bad?”

I say, only half serious.

“To the one rusting it would! Surely you jest with this most radiant piece of art!”

“Well… This was fun, but if you haven’t got the hint, I’m a bit busy right now.”

“Yes, yes, I will leave you to your ruminations and ponderings! It’s just one thing…!”

“And that is?”

If it gets him out of my hair, I’ll play along.

“Are you not at all curious?! Why I sought out your friend?! What I said?!”

“Nope… But… Though it begrudges me to say it… Thank you for being vague with her.”

“Oho! I can tell that hurt to get out! And yet… I’m afraid I don’t follow!”

While starting ecstatic at receiving genuine thanks, his tone grows somewhat irritated.

“Don’t play dumb. You’ve seen this conversation play out, have you not? You know what I mean.”

“Ah, but can I see a future that you obstinately ensure never comes to pass?!”

That… Is a good point, I suppose?

“Once you ‘tell’ a future you’ve seen, it becomes set in stone. No averting or changing your prophecy. It’s why you speak so vaguely. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

“Hrm! Hm! No! No! Not at all! Did he tell you?!”

The voice hums and haws. Sounding very much like a magician that had their trick revealed before the audience. From beneath the pillow the sound brings a smile to my face, one that sours into bittersweet.

“Azameric promised he would, but… No. He didn’t get the chance. I had to piece it together myself.”

A silence descends on the room. One that even the brash statue picks up on.

He starts and stops abruptly. Not quite getting a word out. As if trying to find the correct words.

Finally, he settles.

“I’m sorry I’m not him.”

“…”

A genuine statement. Without the practiced mannerisms. Lacking the usual tone or volume.

Heartfelt.

If you could say the statue had any such thing.

My own heart twinges in response. For once filling me with mixed feelings regarding the statue that’s ‘stolen’ the name, gift, and life of a long past friend.

I remove the pillow from my face to respond.

But he’s gone, left for other corners of this little pocket of unreality.

Chapter 23: Renascent

It is great to be back with another chapter for those that continue to follow this story. The next few chapters are, in my opinion, going to be pretty fun. I am quite excited to get to work on them.

Thank you all yet again for reading, I will see you all soon with the next installment.

• Like 9
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 23 (07/23/22)
  • ImprobableLemon changed the title to The [[Witch]] - Chapter 25 (09/05/22)