LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Are Your Favorite Genres of Music?

What Are Your Favorite Genres of Music?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What Are Your Favorite Genres of Music?

Psychedelic/Progrock and what is loosely called doowop (specifically 1958-63). Then comes '60's Classic rock, blugress, Greek and Arabic, Indian, Medieval/Renaissance and Dixieland

Think Vox, Farfisa Hammond, Moog , sitar, both acoustic and electric 12-string and mandolin

I am a classically trained pianist, but I listen to old-time rock from the 60's, 70's and some 80's. I'm also a big fan of Broadway showtunes.

My main types I like are Rock, Metal, and Electronic. Examples of each are as follows:
Rock- Led Zepplin, ACDC, Journey
Metal- Metallica, Judas Priest, Oceano, Infant Annihilator,  Carnifex, Whitechapel, Amon Amarth, Cannibal Corpse
Electronic- Daft Punk, Eiffel 65, Noisecontrollers, Armin van Buuren, Knife Party, Headhunterz, Hardwell

On 5/4/2021 at 12:14 PM, Kaleros said:

I'm just curious about what genres of music people here like. For me, my favorite music genres are Rock, Metal, and Classical.

I’m all over the place though it takes a lot to catch my interest when it comes to pop and country. Mostly Rock, Metal, Classical, I do go through phases with my most recent being Mexican metal and Navajo metal. 

There are some theories that Metal descended from Classical, especially the works of Wagner. To me, they definitely work very well together. (Just downloaded Scorpions Moment of Glory recently and looking to get KISS Alive IV.)

On 5/5/2021 at 10:08 AM, BabyJune said:

I am a classically trained pianist, but I listen to old-time rock from the 60's, 70's and some 80's. I'm also a big fan of Broadway showtunes.

Every keyboardist should be classically trained, whatever their target genre. It expands your range and scope to the widest and deepest lengths possible so you have full functionality in any genre. What Doug Ingles, who was liturgially trained, did with a single-leyboard Vox organ was amazing in IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA. Even more so now that we have keyboard access to accurate sounding string ang brass ensembles. On the old SQ-80, I could synthesize a 5-part string section that was just about spot on

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Every keyboardist should be classically trained, whatever their target genre. It expands your range and scope to the widest and deepest lengths possible so you have full functionality in any genre. What Doug Ingles, who was liturgially trained, did with a single-leyboard Vox organ was amazing in IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA. Even more so now that we have keyboard access to accurate sounding string ang brass ensembles. On the old SQ-80, I could synthesize a 5-part string section that was just about spot on

This brings to mind Tuomas Holopainen of Nightwish. Of course, it’s also a testament to far technology has come. 

On 5/6/2021 at 10:33 AM, le Hollandais said:

Folk got left off, so I checked Other.

That was a little terse. I'll elaborate.

• Folk:  I've just rediscovered the Aussie group The Seekers. 
  • Rock:  Almost anything from the early 1950s to approximately '75 near about
  • Jazz:  A year or two ago I discovered a really great band from New Orleans, Tuba Skinny.
  • Country: Merle Travis, Chet Atkins, and their ilk; Doyle Dykes, Tommy Emmanuel, Steve Wariner, Jerry Reed, great guitar pickers all. I'm also a real sucker for the pedal steel guitar, especially the playing of Lloyd Green,  Buddy Emmons, and Sneaky Pete Kleinow.
  • Classical:  Varies from composer to composer, even within a certain composer's collected works.
  • Blues: Guy Davis, Keb Mo', the Three Kings; Albert, Freddie, & BB, and others.