LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What's Important In A Diaper For You?

dlsafrica

When I was young I went through the same thing but as an adult, finding the right diaper  (or sometimes any diaper) is a challenge.  However, when the search for the right diaper stops it feels like a victory... when one finds the diaper with the right formula that ticks all the boxes. What are your criteria?

For the same reason that I used Huggies in the 1980's and 1990's, I use  Alpha Clin Premium now. Criteria follow:

1) comfortable and not bulky

2) disposables; the tendency for adult diapers to only exist in pull ups irks me like you won't believe. 

3) when wet / wetting, discolouration needs to be seen. It is important to me to have visible evidence for the motivation that I need diapers, that I can't control myself and most important  that I should take responsibility for, and be proud of my actions when I've done the right thing.

4) bulk is important, as well as being able to sit in a flooded diaper for hours.

5) and I need to be able to flood without worrying about leaks. (Watched a video about how to put on an adult diaper last year and it changed my life.

• Like 1

They are authentic and make me feel like a little girl. That means thick and bulky so I know that they are there..  Littles were thickly diapered to go a long time without needing to be changed, or fir the night, which usually meant between 7 or 8 at night to between 7 or 8 in the morning or in some causess noon to about 4:30 if you could not hold it well for 2 hours either on a long trip or if there were 2 or more girls at someone's house at a time, usually under 8 years old, so the bathroom was not being tied up and the toilet being used a lot. I you had 3 or more girls in one hose, and two of them have to go every hour and a quarter or so, you would be surpirsied at how often the bathroom is tied up and how much water that used. Or from breadkfast to suppertime as punishment: And you would be checked to be sure you were wetting it, meaning your dress was lifted and Mommy's had went inside your rubber panties to feel the diaper every so often. If you were under 5-1/2 or so you would be diapered because Mommy was going  to be too busy today to loook after you. Since baby diapers were not up to it and diapers for children were either not available or parents were to embarrassed to look for them, such diapers as were used were usually homemade and quite thick. What I wear are upsized versions of what  I was put in from each 6-2/3 to 9-2/3 as a little girl. If I am playing with my tea set ort dolls, I do not feel right if I am not in a diaper

I noticed something. What persons list as important seem to pertain to adult tastes rather than being like what they would have worn as a baby This seems strange in the Adult Baby place since, I would presume, you are wearing the diaper as a  baby/little, So a non-bulky diaper would not feel right. And if you are a baby, whether or not the discoloration would be seen is irrelevant, unless you were a little girl being punished and part of which would be a very short dress so you would have to be very aware of, and carful about how you carry yourself and I do not know how relevant a flooded diaper would be to a baby/little who would be in diaper; even I do not flood mine

Capactity. I'm a heavy wetter and it sucks the average diaper is a one time deal if my bladder is ever near full.

Resealable tapes. This isn't a make or break, but as I don't mess ever, the cloth-like tape zone is an amazing thing, letting me have plastic diapers but being able to adjust or reseal.

Leak guards. Enough said.

1.texture of outer plastic on disposable diapers. - some plastic outers like the confidry 24/7 tend to be tougher,and almost slick, like vinyl. whereas plastic on diapers like tykables are more “oily” and soft. I myself prefer the soft, crinkly plastic of a tykables, rearz, or LFB.

2.fit - fit is very very important. most companies have a standard, general fit. but some diaper companies make dimensions too long/tall for my small body. such as the confidry 24/7....again lol.

3.durability/absorbency/landing zone- you’ll see some companies like crinklz/betterdry, tranquility, and wellness with very thin, flimsy plastic that has no landing zone for tapes. so if you mess up taping it the first time, you’ve ruined the diaper if you try to retape. it almost always leaves a huge hole with padding coming out. I personally retape a diaper 3-4 times through the course of using it. so that’s important to me.

4.LOOK!/APPERANCE! - I’m surprised no one has mentioned this yet. But the design patterns and colors are also a factor when buying diapers. not a huge factor, but still present. I love a bambino bianco, or rearz inspire + every now and then, but I’m a little 2 year old at heart, so seeing babyish designs and cartoons on my diapers makes me very happy, and makes being in little space that much easier.

@dlsafrica

For me it's the idea that You NEED quality, and Good workmanship.  I need something that is:

1.  Disposable, and NOT Cloth backed (which means PLASTIC BACKED)

2.  THICK and bulky, so that you can use the diaper for pee or poop, and not worry about leakage

3.  QUALITY:  The main problem with most diapers, as everyone is PAINFULLY aware, is that the medicaid programs and insurance companies want to give you the WORST POSSIBLE products, that do NOT even do the job, or just BARELY do the job and NO MORE than that.  It is also painfully obvious that medical supply companies can't compete, because the REIMBURSEMENT rates are so LOW that, for example, a bag of Northshore diapers are like $35.00 USD, yet, these companies ONLY carry the lowest quality diapers possible, because there is some sort of contention that no one uses plastic backed diapers anymore, and they are all either CLOTH backed Diapers or PULL UPS -which does NOTHING for me.  They would rather pay for 500 CHEAP diapers, that you have to use, doubling or tripling them up, than to use the best quality plastic baked diapers:  They should give people a CHOICE to GET these Plastic Backed diapers:  There are NO choices, unless you can prove that the JUNK they give you does not work for you, which I have done, so I get the Nothshore Megamaxes - and that is what the State Pays for, because I argued that the Prevail Air Briefs are the equivalent to wearing Bounty Paper Towels on your butt:  I wonder what would happen if these idiots that actually authorized this CRAP had to use the products they ask us to - They may never understand:  Quality is the MOST important thing..... 

QUALITY is the main thing:  I don't really think any company out there, short of Northshore Care (and @NorthShoreAdam) understand that cloth backed products do NOTHING for severe bowel or bladder incontinence!  All they want to cover for insurance is the CHEAPEST products available, and that means LOWEST QUALITY products they can get away with.  The EXCUSES I have heard are that Plastic backed products can cause Irritation, Rash, allergic reactions, skin breakdown, infection, and other stupid excuses - Most strangely, Medicaid said that the reason they go cheap is because Rehab Centers and Nursing Homes are REQUIRED to check and change residents every 2 HOURS, but we all know that if you PUT residents into diapers that are REAL diapers, and NOT cheap pull ups, they would be able to handle most anything that happens. 

Lets be honest:  If you use a diaper, you are NOT expected to be changed the minute it is soiled or wet:  You should also be able to expect that the product you are using is able to deal with the release of whatever it is:  It should be comfortable, and not be a burden to the wearer as well as to the caregiver.  Being born in '72, I am used to plastic backed diapers:  NOTHING I have seen can even COMPETE with plastic backed diapers:  PERIOD!

Brian

The most important things to me is my diapers ability to completely contain my wetting and pooping accidents. I also value my diapers being very comfortable to wear for extended periods even when wet. I wear diapers 24/7 for almost 3 years now due to total bladder and bowel incontinence from a ruptured disc in my lower back.

• Like 2

For me what's important in a diaper is absorbency, thickness, cute little babyish designs, that classic baby diaper smell, a witness indicator so that daddy can always know when to change his little one, and crinkiliness so daddy always knows where his little boy is!???♥️????

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

When I have the place to myself and can wear freely, the cuteness factor is #1 for me. Gotta be cute but not overly babyish and not super girly/pink. (I'm more toddler/preschool age and definitely a tomboy!) My favorites are ABU DinoRawrz and PeekABUs. North shore Supreme Lite in green or blue are good for a more economical choice. Capacity isn't a big deal for me because I seldom wear all day. The thrill usually wears off before I've maxed out a top tier diaper.

If I'm wearing around others, discretion is most important. Always Discreet pull ups work perfectly for me in that situation, though like many others I do wish there was a better ABDL pull up on the market. DinoRawrz design on a decent pull up would be an absolute dream for me!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with most of your points except #1- I tend to like bulky, thick diapers. The feel and plastic sound is important, as is the look. I personally prefer "cute" printed diapers to plain white, and either of those to printed ones where I don't like the print. After that, of course, is practicality 

I have two answers for this. My nostalgia-inducing dream diaper would be plastic-backed, have single tapes, a cute print across the front, but white everywhere else, and, they'd be bulky enough that I'm aware of them, but still relatively thin, because I grew up in the Pampers of the 1980's, and that's what they looked and felt like. I'd buy them in medium, even though the large size would fit me better, because when I was a kid, my diaper was always a bit small for me - they didn't make pull-ups or size 7 diapers back then. Also, back then, once they were on, you couldn't take them off - the tabs would tear the front cover, although this "feature" has been eliminated by modern diaper technology. 

However, now, I am a more demanding customer. I want my diapers to be plastic backed, and reliable to at least 75% of their capacity, so that pretty much requires double tapes on each side. The tapes themselves have to hold like vices, but also be capable of repositioning. My overnight diapers can be really bulky, because I only wear them in front of my wife, but, the ones I wear during the day have to be able to be camouflaged by my clothes. I like printed diapers but also keep white ones in my inventory, because I have some white onesies (diaper shirts), and printed diapers can show through them (Also if I have a doctors appointment or whatever, I prefer wearing a white diaper, on the off chance it might be seen. Hasn't happened yet). Ideally, I want to be able to get about 14 - 16 hours out of my overnight diaper, and about 8 - 10 hours out of my daytime diaper, although circumstances sometimes require a second daytime diaper. Right now, though, with the kids doing school from home again, everything I wear falls into the daytime category - I can generally wear my overnight diapers well into the day, but, they're just too bulky when everyone is home all the time, and there's no point sleeping in a massive diaper that I'm going to have to toss at daybreak, when it might barely be damp.

Thus, I have settled on the Northshore Megamax, and, Rearz Lil' Monsters or Lil' Splash diapers, as the foundation of my wardrobe these days.